rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most anglo EE country???

Most anglo EE country???

Hey guys

Which EE country do you recommend as the one that has the biggest % of people speaking english as a second language and has first class health care with english speaking staff?
I'm planning to live some months in europe and EE seems like a good choice because
women are feminine and the countries are cheaper than western or scandinavian ones, but
as i only speak spanish or english i want to be in a place where any language barriers would be minimized...

I have heard that Poland is pretty good in these aspects , but i would like to hear your opinions as well.

thanks!

Most anglo EE country???

Lithuania/Estonia, can't speak for Latvia

Most anglo EE country???

Poland

Most anglo EE country???

Poland, Lithuania, Estonia

Most anglo EE country???

Thanks for the answers guys, what about czech republic or hungary?? Do you recommend Poland/Lithuania/Estonia over them??

Most anglo EE country???

deleted.

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-20-2014 12:29 PM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

Thanks for the answers guys, what about czech republic or hungary?? Do you recommend Poland/Lithuania/Estonia over them??

And the winner is...? Hungary/Czech Republic???
What say you, kr4t0s?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Most anglo EE country???

My vote go's to Estonia. Almost all people under 30 speak English and the western media and consumerism has definitely infiltrated the society whereby you would not surprise any Estonian with English slang and culture (except for maybe the ethnic Russians). Educational system is one of the best in the world, exceeding that of many Scandinavian countries and economically it is doing better than many of the other EU countries (such as Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia, and so on).

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-22-2014 10:12 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

My vote go's to Estonia. Almost all people under 30 speak English and the western media and consumerism has definitely infiltrated the society whereby you would not surprise any Estonian with English slang and culture (except for maybe the ethnic Russians). Educational system is one of the best in the world, exceeding that of many Scandinavian countries and economically it is doing better than many of the other EU countries (such as Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia, and so on).

I have heard interesting things about estonia, the only downside i see for that country is that its too close to big bear putin. Still i would consider at least a visit. Question, in terms of expensiveness, which is more expensive, poland or estonia??

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-22-2014 09:47 PM)Orson Wrote:  

What say you, kr4t0s?

I'm leaning a bit towards Poland. The economy is booming, its cheap, women are beautiful and most of people below 35 speak english. Hungary is good choice but the current goverment bugs me a bit....

BTW i found this study of english proficiency outside the anglosphere:

http://www.ef.co.uk/epi/

Poland is very high as also estonia....

Most anglo EE country???

I don't have much experience with Baltic countries, but would expect english proficiency to be higher there comparing to Poland. At least it was my observation a few times I went to Kaunas and Vilnius.

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 06:45 AM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

What say you, kr4t0s?

I'm leaning a bit towards Poland. The economy is booming, its cheap, women are beautiful and most of people below 35 speak english. Hungary is good choice but the current goverment bugs me a bit....

That guide rates Spain better than Hong kong. Oh, and the UAE, almost no one speaks English? Well, you are probably not going to chat up the Urdu speaking construction workers anyway. More or less everyone you come across there speak English, yet the guide rates it as low proficiency.

I would take that guide with a grain of salt.

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 07:03 AM)Cheetah Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2014 06:45 AM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

What say you, kr4t0s?

That guide rates Spain better than Hong kong. Oh, and the UAE, almost no one speaks English? Well, you are probably not going to chat up the Urdu speaking construction workers anyway. More or less everyone you come across there speak English, yet the guide rates it as low proficiency.

I would take that guide with a grain of salt.

"The city’s proficiency scores have declined steadily since 2007. Hong Kong’s English skills are on par with the world average, and only slightly above average for Asia, calling into question the city’s reputation as an English-speaking hub for business. Meanwhile, major cities in Mainland China have made consistent progress. This year, for the first time ever, adults in Shanghai have higher English proficiency scores than those in Hong Kong. Adults in Beijing and Tianjin score as well as their Hong Kong counterparts."

http://www.ef.co.uk/epi/spotlights/asia/hong-kong/

I dont know, i have never been there before, maybe someone that has been there can clear things up?

Most anglo EE country???

Trust me, the English proficiency in Beijing is not on par with that of Hong kong. Hong kong is quite good. The English proficiency in Beijing doesn't even exist apart from in hotels or such.

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 07:51 AM)Cheetah Wrote:  

Trust me, the English proficiency in Beijing is not on par with that of Hong kong. Hong kong is quite good. The English proficiency in Beijing doesn't even exist apart from in hotels or such.

Ok. I think Poland will be the better option, it seems Estonia is more expensive...

Most anglo EE country???

The easy and indubitable answer to this questions is THE NETHERLANDS.

90% English speakers.

Poland 30%....

Saruman

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 02:48 PM)Saruman Wrote:  

90% English speakers.

Poland 30%....

Saruman

[Image: huh.gif]

Most anglo EE country???

90% English speakers.

Poland 30%....

Saruman

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 03:01 PM)Espresso Wrote:  

90% English speakers.

Poland 30%....

Saruman

[Image: wtf.jpg]

LOL ok I didn't see EE

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 06:41 AM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

I have heard interesting things about estonia, the only downside i see for that country is that its too close to big bear putin. Still i would consider at least a visit. Question, in terms of expensiveness, which is more expensive, poland or estonia??

lol how is proximity with Russia a downside?

Anyways, Poland is dead cheap, students speak English and it's seen by many as "EE for beginners", most people are also quite friendly.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 03:27 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

lol how is proximity with Russia a downside?

Anyways, Poland is dead cheap, students speak English and it's seen by many as "EE for beginners", most people are also quite friendly.

A downside in terms of putin saying, lets grab estonia too [Image: smile.gif]

What do you guys recommend, Warsaw or Krakow??

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 04:25 PM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

Neither. Warsaw is too much of a sausage-fest and Krakow is too much of a tourist-fest - each leading to bitchy-attitude girls that won't give you the real taste of what Polish girls are like.

The forum wisdom is that Wroclaw and Poznan are the best cities in Poland for gaming. If you're willing to go off the beaten track, I know that Lodz, Lublin and Katowice have gotten some attention as well. Those cities get less in the way of tourists than Warsaw/Krakow/Wroclaw/Poznan, so your foreigner status will get you farther in those cities.

HSLD

HSLD

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 05:04 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2014 04:25 PM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

Neither. Warsaw is too much of a sausage-fest and Krakow is too much of a tourist-fest - each leading to bitchy-attitude girls that won't give you the real taste of what Polish girls are like.

The forum wisdom is that Wroclaw and Poznan are the best cities in Poland for gaming. If you're willing to go off the beaten track, I know that Lodz, Lublin and Katowice have gotten some attention as well. Those cities get less in the way of tourists than Warsaw/Krakow/Wroclaw/Poznan, so your foreigner status will get you farther in those cities.

HSLD

Ok but there must be a balance. I dont want to go to a small town for 2 months just for gaming girls. Also english proficiency would go down in smaller cities..
Between wroclaw and poznan which gives the best shot in terms of atractions and things to do besides gaming girls non stop?

Most anglo EE country???

Quote: (12-23-2014 05:14 PM)kr4t0s Wrote:  

Ok but there must be a balance. I dont want to go to a small town for 2 months just for gaming girls. Also english proficiency would go down in smaller cities..
Between wroclaw and poznan which gives the best shot in terms of atractions and things to do besides gaming girls non stop?

I lived in Wroclaw last year and English was very common among young people. There's many expats and students and making friends is quite easy, the nightlife is good and you can go out every single night and find crowds. Even then, if you happen to be bored, you can always get a polski bus and travel to Krakow, Prague or Berlin for a weekend, it's dead cheap and only takes 3-4 hours, Wroclaw is pretty much in the very centre of Europe.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Most anglo EE country???

Don't go there because Putin will kill you and then eat you.