rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Other signs of Cultural Collapse you've noticed

Did a search and couldn't find a relevant thread. Let me know if I overlooked something and I'll repost there.

I'm currently sitting in the park by my office having lunch. As I'm walking to a bench to sit down, I passed a several people that appeared to be an extended family (a man, 2 women and 3 kids). Not sure why I suddenly noticed this today, but I was rather startled by the amount of profanity one of the females was using. A couple f-bombs, a "bitch", and a "goddamn" in about 20 seconds. All with the kids right there. Plus the several others trying to enjoy the park at lunch time.

Then it struck me, you never used to hear language like that in public. When did cursing like a sailer in front of children in a public venue become socially acceptable?

The fall of social norms is part of the collapse, is common courtesy one of those norms? Can a society thrive with such rampant crassness?

A bit of a rant, I know. But I'm interested to if any of the rest of you have had similar observations?

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Massive level of unemployment that's being covered up by the government.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:53 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

Did a search and couldn't find a relevant thread. Let me know if I overlooked something and I'll repost there.

I'm currently sitting in the park by my office having lunch. As I'm walking to a bench to sit down, I passed a several people that appeared to be an extended family (a man, 2 women and 3 kids). Not sure why I suddenly noticed this today, but I was rather startled by the amount of profanity one of the females was using. A couple f-bombs, a "bitch", and a "goddamn" in about 20 seconds. All with the kids right there. Plus the several others trying to enjoy the park at lunch time.

Then it struck me, you never used to hear language like that in public. When did cursing like a sailer in front of children in a public venue become socially acceptable?

The fall of social norms is part of the collapse, is common courtesy one of those norms? Can a society thrive with such rampant crassness?

I've had the same thing happen in my neighborhood. Was walking by a house where a Dad and his daughter were kicking a soccer ball out in the front yard. The daughter was around kindergarten age by the looks of it, or early elementary school. "How cute", I thought to myself.

At one point the ball gets kicked out of the yard into the street. The daughter screams out "WHAT THE FUCK??"

It took me a few seconds to process the language that had just come out of that kid's mouth. The father just stood there. I couldn't tell if he didn't care or was too shocked to respond to his girl just dropping an f-bomb.

If I had spoken like that at such a young age, not only in front of my father, but in front of a stranger as well, I would have gotten a beating. To put it mildly.

But times they are a changin'...

Quote: (12-09-2014 04:17 PM)Renzy Wrote:  

Quote: (12-09-2014 03:53 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

I've had the same thing happen in my neighborhood. Was walking by a house where a Dad and his daughter were kicking a soccer ball out in the front yard. The daughter was around kindergarten age by the looks of it, or early elementary school. "How cute", I thought to myself.

At one point the ball gets kicked out of the yard into the street. The daughter screams out "WHAT THE FUCK??"

It took me a few seconds to process the language that had just come out of that kid's mouth. The father just stood there. I couldn't tell if he didn't care or was too shocked to respond to his girl just dropping an f-bomb.

If I had spoken like that at such a young age, not only in front of my father, but in front of a stranger as well, I would have gotten a beating. To put it mildly.

But times they are a changin'...

For real. I still don't curse in front of my father.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

When a girl's list of requirements for a man to be worthy of her has as many letters as she weights in pounds.

HSLD

HSLD

I feel apprehensive at the park doing pull ups to have kids gravitate towards me.

The feeling that over comes me that i'm an ambassador of my race, class and gender in a situation/event that i'm the sole representative.

Am i acting alpha enough at any given time.[Image: confused.gif]

One cannot differentiate an Onion article from the real thing.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Standing in a train at Central 6pm (may as well be anywhere in the world) and everyone is fucking about with their PHONE, earphones in and totally switched off.
I miss the drunk guy singing badly, the fleeting flirtatious looks from that cheeky highschool girl, the dull chatter, the other drunk guy that doesn't like all the singing

Some things Ive personally noticed
  • The immigration problem
  • Normalized infidelity
  • Wide distrust when it comes to political leadership
  • Rampant demoralization
  • Entertainers (actors, music "artist", etc) having higher popularity over pioneers, scientist, etc
  • Citizens hoping the country falls apart
  • Religious decline
I've noticed more but this is enough

• A dramatic increase in functional illiteracy--complete ignorance and/or disregard for the written word, spelling, and English-language convention.
Quote:Quote:

Other signs of Cultural Collapse you've notuced

[Image: facepalm.png]

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Sorry Tuth. I deserve that.

The President of USA chewing gum in public:

When I was a kid I would have got a slap in the face if dared to chew gum in school. To this day, I still don’t chew gum at the office.

The President represents his country, and should at the bare minimum act with class and manners in public.

The Fact that SO MANY GUYS are placing ads on Craigslist saying that their GF wants wants to be fucked by another guy while he watches only in shame or that their GF wants to see them with other guys.

Quote: (12-09-2014 04:51 PM)Old Fritz Wrote:  

Some things Ive personally noticed
  • The immigration problem
  • Normalized infidelity
  • Wide distrust when it comes to political leadership
  • Rampant demoralization
  • Entertainers (actors, music "artist", etc) having higher popularity over pioneers, scientist, etc
  • Citizens hoping the country falls apart
  • Religious decline
I've noticed more but this is enough

That's a pretty solid list. A few of those can tie directly to the breakdown of the family unit (normalized infidelity, religious decline). Immigration and lack of trust in leaders leads to a breakdown of "us" and "them", as Jack Donovan would say, which can fracture communities. No societal units, no society.

The wives who come to family gatherings and keep threatening their husbands about withholding sex, using the lowlife American expression "someone ain't gettin' none!"

This is a particularly nasty type of woman who seems to have evolved in the wake of the awful, annoying, unattractive wife character on "Everybody Loves Raymond." It's bad enough when women feel the need to bring their sex lives out into the open at inappropriate times. It's worse when they show how they're controlling natures make those sex lives dysfunctional.

"Do you want me to pass the gravy?"
"You better wait on me -- or else someone ain't gettin' none!"

"I'll pull the car up."
"You better -- or someone ain't gettin' none!"

"Waiter -- I'll take the check."
"He'd better -- or someone ain't gettin' none."

"I hope I get over this cancer soon and we can be intimate."
"You better before I lose interest -- and someone ain't gettin' none."

Quote: (12-09-2014 05:16 PM)NilNisiOptimum Wrote:  

Sorry Tuth. I deserve that.

You gotta own it, bro. From now on you should intentionally make a typo or two to rustle the grammar police.

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:07 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

The wives who come to family gatherings and keep threatening their husbands about withholding sex, using the lowlife American expression "someone ain't gettin' none!"

This is a particularly nasty type of woman who seems to have evolved in the wake of the awful, annoying, unattractive wife character on "Everybody Loves Raymond." It's bad enough when women feel the need to bring their sex lives out into the open at inappropriate times. It's worse when they show how they're controlling natures make those sex lives dysfunctional.

"I'll pull the car up."

To be responded to with: "You'd best drop that shit - or someone ain't gettin' none."

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:11 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

You gotta own it, bro. From now on you should intentionally make a typo or two to rustle the grammar police.

[Image: u5xIlNE.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:13 PM)Praetor Lupus Wrote:  

"I'll pull the car up."

To be responded to with: "You'd best drop that shit - or someone ain't gettin' none."

To be responded with divorce papers and financial enslavement for life. The couple I'm speaking of lives in California and have been together over ten years, so if they split, she gets half -- even though she's never worked much -- and he'll be paying alimony for eternity.

Remember -- married women walk around taunting their husbands like prison guards taunt inmates because they know the relationships are similar.

"I'll pull the car up."

Or go all Bond on her
[Image: connery-slap-o.gif]

Several things I've seen, in no particular order:

-The sheer number of people not working. This is across all age groups, races and industries.
-Women acting like men, especially in terms of dress, physical appearance and language.
-Very little to no pride in oneself or the work those that those that do work produce.
-The "I'm a self appointed princess" mentally then the grossest hogs of females possess.
-"People" whose personal hygiene habits include throwing their used "floss-picks" and tissues on the ground.
-The marginalization of traditional men in TV shows, TV ads and movies.
-Bastardy being socially accepted.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Cultural collapse?

Culture evolves. What you're on about is behavioral decline. When idiots breed en-masse and those rugrats go onto breed some more you're seeing an overall lower intellect being produced and becoming the norm.

Culture collapse comes from the invasion of another, more violent culture coming into play of another country which cannot combat it.

I don't know, I really don't see it. I think some people here are idealizing the past. To say that culture is collapsing, you imply that it was previously better. Our ancestors cheated each other, had stupid mass market entertainment/popular panics/popular beliefs, and tortured each other. Nothing new under the sun.

[Image: snakeoil.png]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment
"The Great Disappointment was a major event in the history of the Millerite movement, a 19th-century American Christian sect that formed out of the Second Great Awakening. Based on his interpretations of the prophecies in the book of Daniel, William Miller, a Baptist preacher, proposed that Jesus Christ would return to the earth during the year 1844.
The specific date of October 22, 1844, was preached by Samuel S. Snow. Thousands of followers, some of whom had given away all of their possessions, waited expectantly. When Jesus did not appear, the date became known as the Great Disappointment."

[Image: 2.-Empalement-wiki.jpg]

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:24 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

"I'll pull the car up."

Or go all Bond on her
[Image: connery-slap-o.gif]

Hotwheels is alive?!

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (12-09-2014 07:44 PM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

I don't know, I really don't see it. I think some people here are idealizing the past. To say that culture is collapsing, you imply that it was previously better. Our ancestors cheated each other, had stupid mass market entertainment/popular panics/popular beliefs, and tortured each other. Nothing new under the sun.

I wouldn't say my intention was to idealize the past. When I was as old as the kids I mentioned, I don't recall strangers shouting profanity within earshot. Now, walk through a public area and you're bound to hear language like I described as if profanity is what makes for polite conversation these days.

The increase in the amount of tranny threads in RVF [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos