rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This Chick Gave Me A Fake Number...

approached her at a bar. engaged in casual conversation, laughing, joking. we seemed to be hitting it off. I ask for her number, she puts it in my phone

called her the next day and it was a rejection hotline [Image: undecided.gif] anyone ever heard of this?

its strange, I wasn't giving off any creepy/desperate vibes, nor was I terribly persistent about obtaining her number. it was all very light & casual and when I was about to leave I asked for her number as a courtesy almost.

...and she gives me a rejection hotline number. what the fuck? I understand there are creepy guys out there but I feel like such a service will be rife with abuse from mean-spirited women who just want to humiliate well meaning guys.

grow a backbone and say no if you're not interested

sorry to hear that. You should try calling the number immediately. If it's bullshyt, charge that ho and keep moving.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

She's an American chick, right?

Welcome to the forum. Believe me, you're in good company. [Image: lol.gif]

HSLD

HSLD

On to the next one. The "fake number" is just a speed bump on becoming a master of the game.

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:36 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

HSLD

Canadian actually

It happens just shake it off and move on

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:40 PM)kalder Wrote:  

HSLD

Canadian actually

From Toronto?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Welcome to the forum, it may be a bumpy ride.
Step one is don't ever expect any shred of human decency or courtesy from girls you approach at a bar.

Grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:47 PM)The_e_man Wrote:  

Step one is don't ever expect any shred of human decency or courtesy from girls you approach at a bar.

Hell, don't expect it from them in general.

HSLD

HSLD

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:46 PM)Moma Wrote:  

HSLD

Canadian actually

From Toronto?

yup, how'd you guess? [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Here's a trick I use sometimes -

When she tells you her number, enter it in your phone and repeat the number slower but purposely replace a couple of digits with incorrect ones. If she's giving you the real number, she'll correct you.

I had this before when a girl *approached* me at a bar (I was at a friend's birthday drinks, didn't see her at first), we apparently hit it off and when I naturally escalated and said we should meet up again at X on day Y, she wrote her number down a piece of napkin. When I called it the next day, it wasn't the rejection hotline but another guy's phone number. Dude was pretty cool about it, and I think he knew her to be some kind of attention whore (not his words).

I wasn't quite sure why the hell she would go through the trouble to approach me only to give me a fake number, but I generally don't grasp the true depth of attention whoring.

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:51 PM)kalder Wrote:  

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:46 PM)Moma Wrote:  

HSLD

Canadian actually

From Toronto?

yup, how'd you guess? [Image: icon_lol.gif]

[Image: laugh5.gif]

Oh trust me. We know Toronto girls all too well on this forum [Image: lol.gif]

HSLD

HSLD

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:47 PM)The_e_man Wrote:  

Spot-on advice.
I might add that the right mentality is quickly brush it off.

Rejection hotlines won't be the norm though. I would laugh my ass of if I got rejection-hotline'd.

Rejection hotline ?

What is this 2001 ? Usually a girl will just tell you to fuck off or scream rape by now.

I haven't heard of that hotline in years lol.

Get used to it.

You're gonna get a whole lot more fake numbers.

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:25 PM)kalder Wrote:  

approached her at a bar. engaged in casual conversation, laughing, joking. we seemed to be hitting it off. I ask for her number, she puts it in my phone

called her the next day and it was a rejection hotline [Image: undecided.gif] anyone ever heard of this?

its strange, I wasn't giving off any creepy/desperate vibes, nor was I terribly persistent about obtaining her number. it was all very light & casual and when I was about to leave I asked for her number as a courtesy almost.

...and she gives me a rejection hotline number. what the fuck? I understand there are creepy guys out there but I feel like such a service will be rife with abuse from mean-spirited women who just want to humiliate well meaning guys.

grow a backbone and say no if you're not interested

Why did you call and not text?

The most shocking (or not really that shocking depending on how you look at it) thing is that this chick probably spent 30 minutes one day memorizing this phone number to give to guys at a bar just to feel high and mighty while shooting guys down.

Validation is like crack cocaine for women. Some get off on rejection because they believe it adds to their perceived self worth to step on someone they think is beneath them. Just keep in mind that women operate on the emotional level of children. The same thing the popular media accuses men being is actually true for women.

Stupid shit like this happens to everyone. It's trivial, move on to the next.

Had the same thing happen to me 15 years ago in nyc. We seemed to be hitting it off great. I couldn't understand it. How could a girl be so nice to your face, and completely mean on the inside.

File under red pill realizations

When I exchange digits with a chick, I call her using the mobile number she gives me, then she whips out the phone (while it's ringing) to confirm that she's got mine.

It seems pretty simple and foolproof. Or am I missing something here?

Quote: (12-06-2014 06:44 AM)Alpha_Romeo Wrote:  

When I exchange digits with a chick, I call her using the mobile number she gives me, then she whips out the phone (while it's ringing) to confirm that she's got mine.

It seems pretty simple and foolproof. Or am I missing something here?

I concur, I also liked to use the method of leaving some sort of silly voicemail while she's standing there like "You are listening to a charming stranger leaving you a voicemail while you are looking at him. If you don't remember this you should have had one less drink last night"

The whole phone number exchange is a nice prop to build interaction off of if you are running out of things to talk about, or make the interaction memorable.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Call in front of her, "I will call you now so you have mine". See the reaction.

Quote: (12-06-2014 10:55 AM)alex3948 Wrote:  

Have you had the experience of a girl giving you the wrong number when using this strategy?

This strategy demonstrates neediness in that you need to verify that she gave you the correct number. If you are a high value man, you shouldn't need to this verification. If the interaction was strong and getting a number was a natural process then you shouldn't be so concerned.

Quote: (12-06-2014 11:24 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

Quote: (12-06-2014 10:55 AM)alex3948 Wrote:  

Have you had the experience of a girl giving you the wrong number when using this strategy?

This strategy demonstrates neediness in that you need to verify that she gave you the correct number. If you are a high value man, you shouldn't need to this verification. If the interaction was strong and getting a number was a natural process then you shouldn't be so concerned.

I agree. Doesn't really matter anyways. If the alternative to getting a fake number is just her saying to your face that she's not interested, then the end result is still the same. That's why I am not sure about her repeating the number back to you. If she is giving you the wrong number in the first place then there isn't any future with her period.