rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sexual Dysphoria(and transsexualism) thread

Since trannies are becoming more and more prominent in our culture and globalized society as a whole. I would like to discuss the disorders that lead to a person having a sex identity opposite to the body that they are born in.

Here's a scientific study:

Transsexuals have the strong feeling, often from childhood onwards, of having been born the wrong sex. The possible psychogenic or biological aetiology of transsexuality has been the subject of debate for many years. Here we show that the volume of the central subdivision of the bed nucleus of the stria terminals (BSTc), a brain area that is essential for sexual behaviour, is larger in men than in women. A female-sized BSTc was found in male-to-female transsexuals. The size of the BSTc was not influenced by sex hormones in adulthood and was independent of sexual orientation. Our study is the first to show a female brain structure in genetically male transsexuals and supports the hypothesis that gender identity develops as a result of an interaction between the developing brain and sex hormones.

Gender identity disorder (GID) refers to transsexual individuals who feel that their assigned biological gender is incongruent with their gender identity and this cannot be explained by any physical intersex condition. There is growing scientific interest in the last decades in studying the neuroanatomy and brain functions of transsexual individuals to better understand both the neuroanatomical features of transsexualism and the background of gender identity. So far, results are inconclusive but in general, transsexualism has been associated with a distinct neuroanatomical pattern. Studies mainly focused on male to female (MTF) transsexuals and there is scarcity of data acquired on female to male (FTM) transsexuals. Thus, our aim was to analyze structural MRI data with voxel based morphometry (VBM) obtained from both FTM and MTF transsexuals (n = 17) and compare them to the data of 18 age matched healthy control subjects (both males and females). We found differences in the regional grey matter (GM) structure of transsexual compared with control subjects, independent from their biological gender, in the cerebellum, the left angular gyrus and in the left inferior parietal lobule. Additionally, our findings showed that in several brain areas, regarding their GM volume, transsexual subjects did not differ significantly from controls sharing their gender identity but were different from those sharing their biological gender (areas in the left and right precentral gyri, the left postcentral gyrus, the left posterior cingulate, precuneus and calcarinus, the right cuneus, the right fusiform, lingual, middle and inferior occipital, and inferior temporal gyri). These results support the notion that structural brain differences exist between transsexual and healthy control subjects and that majority of these structural differences are dependent on the biological gender.

Gender identity—one's sense of being a man or a woman—is a fundamental perception experienced by all individuals that extends beyond biological sex. Yet, what contributes to our sense of gender remains uncertain. Since individuals who identify as transsexual report strong feelings of being the opposite sex and a belief that their sexual characteristics do not reflect their true gender, they constitute an invaluable model to understand the biological underpinnings of gender identity. We analyzed MRI data of 24 male-to-female (MTF) transsexuals not yet treated with cross-sex hormones in order to determine whether gray matter volumes in MTF transsexuals more closely resemble people who share their biological sex (30 control men), or people who share their gender identity (30 control women). Results revealed that regional gray matter variation in MTF transsexuals is more similar to the pattern found in men than in women. However, MTF transsexuals show a significantly larger volume of regional gray matter in the right putamen compared to men. These findings provide new evidence that transsexualism is associated with distinct cerebral pattern, which supports the assumption that brain anatomy plays a role in gender identity.

Transsexuals experience themselves as being of the opposite sex, despite having the biological characteristics of one sex. A crucial question resulting from a previous brain study in male-to-female transsexuals was whether the reported difference according to gender identity in the central part of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) was based on a neuronal difference in the BSTc itself or just a reflection of a difference in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide innervation from the amygdala, which was used as a marker. Therefore, we determined in 42 subjects the number of somatostatin-expressing neurons in the BSTc in relation to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and past or present hormonal status. Regardless of sexual orientation, men had almost twice as many somatostatin neurons as women (P < 0.006). The number of neurons in the BSTc of male-to-female transsexuals was similar to that of the females (P = 0.83). In contrast, the neuron number of a female-to-male transsexual was found to be in the male range. Hormone treatment or sex hormone level variations in adulthood did not seem to have influenced BSTc neuron numbers. The present findings of somatostatin neuronal sex differences in the BSTc and its sex reversal in the transsexual brain clearly support the paradigm that in transsexuals sexual differentiation of the brain and genitals may go into opposite directions and point to a neurobiological basis of gender identity disorder.

Male sexual differentiation of the brain and behavior are thought, on the basis of experiments in rodents, to be caused by androgens, following conversion to estrogens. However, observations in human subjects with genetic and other disorders show that direct effects of testosterone on the developing fetal brain are of major importance for the development of male gender identity and male heterosexual orientation. Solid evidence for the importance of postnatal social factors is lacking. In the human brain, structural diferences have been described that seem to be related to gender identity and sexual orientation.

Transsexuality is an individual's unshakable conviction of belonging to the opposite sex, resulting in a request for sex-reassignment surgery. We have shown previously that the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTc) is female in size and neuron number in male-to-female transsexual people. In the present study we investigated the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus, which is composed of two subnuclei, namely interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus (INAH) 3 and 4. Post-mortem brain material was used from 42 subjects: 14 control males, 11 control females, 11 male-to-female transsexual people, 1 female-to-male transsexual subject and 5 non-transsexual subjects who were castrated because of prostate cancer. To identify and delineate the nuclei and determine their volume and shape we used three different stainings throughout the nuclei in every 15th section, i.e. thionin, neuropeptide Y and synaptophysin, using an image analysis system. The most pronounced differences were found in the INAH3 subnucleus. Its volume in thionin sections was 1.9 times larger in control males than in females (P < 0.013) and contained 2.3 times as many cells (P < 0.002). We showed for the first time that INAH3 volume and number of neurons of male-to-female transsexual people is similar to that of control females. The female-to-male transsexual subject had an INAH3 volume and number of neurons within the male control range, even though the treatment with testosterone had been stopped three years before death. The castrated men had an INAH3 volume and neuron number that was intermediate between males (volume and number of neurons P > 0.117) and females (volume P > 0.245 and number of neurons P > 0.341). There was no difference in INAH3 between pre-and post-menopausal women, either in the volume (P > 0.84) or in the number of neurons (P < 0.439), indicating that the feminization of the INAH3 of male-to-female transsexuals was not due to estrogen treatment. We propose that the sex reversal of the INAH3 in transsexual people is at least partly a marker of an early atypical sexual differentiation of the brain and that the changes in INAH3 and the BSTc may belong to a complex network that may structurally and functionally be related to gender identity.

Our results show that the white matter microstructure pattern in untreated FtM transsexuals is closer to the pattern of subjects who share their gender identity (males) than those who share their biological sex (females). Our results provide evidence for an inherent difference in the brain structure of FtM transsexuals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18980961

This study shows that people identifying with the opposite sex have the same or similar brain structure to the opposite sex

As one tranny I had a discussion with pointed out since the brain's sex is not affected in post-menopausal women hence hormones don't change sex identity. Therefore sexual dysphoria isn't treatable and changable hence transsexualism is the solution.

What do you think of his/her's argument?

I don't have any complaints about that. It's your body, do with it whatever you want.

But why can trannies and gays use the "it's genetics" argument, while a heterosexual man like me will get lynched for being genetically predisposed towards liking young slim women without many previous partners?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I'm not sure I believe it. But let's, for a moment, assume that everything the study says is true.

How can we fix these people? Stem cells? We would have a moral duty to try to fix their brains in order to get them to match up with their physical sex so they don't mutilate themselves.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Enough with the trannie threads already [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:40 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Enough with the trannie threads already [Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

This was sparked by a discussion I had with a tranny. Basically I am trying to come to terms with this new reality. If one opposes transsexualism, how does one deal with sexual dysphoria? This is an uncomfortable question that they will have to ask themselves.

It's a purely mental disease, should not be treated any differently. Homosexuality, whilst unnormal, has been observed in other animals, particularly apes (usually the betas of the pack who don't get any action). Transexualism however, has clearly never occurred or never will occur outside of humans. It is completely unnatural.

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:43 AM)britchard Wrote:  

It's a purely mental disease, should not be treated any differently. Homosexuality, whilst unnormal, has been observed in other animals, particularly apes (usually the betas of the pack who don't get any action). Transexualism however, has clearly never occurred or never will occur outside of humans. It is completely unnatural.

How does one treat it? Considering the study that shows that they have brain patterns and structures quite similar to the opposite sex.

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:32 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

I'm not sure I believe it. But let's, for a moment, assume that everything the study says is true.

How can we fix these people? Stem cells? We would have a moral duty to try to fix their brains in order to get them to match up with their physical sex so they don't mutilate themselves.

Instinctively and at the gut level I am recoiling from this. But if this be the truth I will have to accept this.

But then again I have the same bullshit meter going off for some reason.

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:45 AM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

How does one treat it? Considering the study that shows that they have brain patterns and structures quite similar to the opposite sex.

Well right now we don't have any psychiatric treatments for homosexuality and transgenderism because instead of labeling them as mental disorders in the DSM, we instead decided to celebrate them out of political correctness. I am sure at some point in history, these people were put into institutions. Perhaps if we actually did medical studies to try and correct these behaviors instead of throwing parades where these degenerates buttfuck each other on parade floats shaped like giant dicks, then we would know how to treat it.

There is no gay gene. There is no tranny gene. Knowing what we all know about evolutionary psychology and biology in this sphere of the internet, we know it's impossible that such genes exist (sodomy doesnt produce offspring). It is a product of nurturing, not our biological nature.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

I'm not a doctor so I can't comment on the study itself, though it seems studies contradict each other frequently.

I have noticed this: most trannies tend to be bugfuck insane.

Not just insane in the "I want to lop my dick off and call myself Loretta" way, though that is obviously crazy.

But insane in general. Look at Brianna Wu - classic tranny delusionist.

[Image: B3k_Sg_c_CEAAilku.jpg]

If chopping their willies off is the correct treatment, why do so many trannies still act crazy after their operations? Why do so many of them have bizarre persecution complexes about "transphobia" and "heteronormativity"? Why do so many of them commit suicide?

It seems the "cure" is worse than the disease.

The best thing we can do for trannies is refuse to fuel their madness. We don't tell mental patients that they really are Napoleon or Jesus Christ, so we shouldn't tell men that they really are women.

Quote: (12-03-2014 08:43 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

The best thing we can do for trannies is refuse to fuel their madness. We don't tell mental patients that they really are Napoleon or Jesus Christ, so we shouldn't tell men that they really are women.

These people are irreparably broken individuals. To be honest I feel a bit of pity for them. Most trannies don't live very long. The combination of drug hormone consumption, risky lifestyle, and various mental issues (which makes them prone to suicide) means they live at least 20 years less than your average person.

I don't know if there is any treatment available for these people. They are just mentally borked. I say let them be. If they want to dress up and lop off their cocks so be it. The best thing society can do is to not _normalize_ or cater towards their broader social fantasies.

Thailand is somewhat ahead of the west in how they treat these people. They recognize them for what they are and treat them as comedians or entertainment sideshows but they also don't hand the reins of society over to them or take them too seriously.

Quote: (12-03-2014 08:59 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

The best thing society can do is to not _normalize_ or cater towards their broader social fantasies.

This is the problem: trannies are now the elite shock troops of the SJW movement.

We have schools trying to push "gender neutrality" on children, ostensibly for the benefit of trannies:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/38...-inclusive

Avoid asking kids to line up as boys or girls or separating them by gender. [...] Always ask yourself, "Will this configuration create a gendered space?"

Don't use phrases such as ”boys & girls," […] Create classroom names and then ask all of the ”purple penguins" to meet at the rug.

Have visual images reinforcing gender inclusion: pictures of people who don't fit gender norms

When you find it necessary to reference gender, say ”Boy, girl, both or neither.”

Point out and inquire when you hear others referencing gender in a binary manner.

Be intolerant of openly hostile attitudes or references towards others EVERY TIME you hear or observe them […] Take the opportunity to push the individual on their statements about gender.

Avoid using "normal" to define any behaviors.

And the madness is spreading to schools across the Western world:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...hobia.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Vancouv...story.html

They also want to tranny up the military:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-join.html

[Image: 35k05eg.jpg]
Putin will be fucking terrified.

It seems it's not enough for trannies to have their operations and live their sad little lives. They want to force everybody else to participate in their delusional drama.

Quote: (12-03-2014 09:25 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2014 08:59 AM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

The best thing society can do is to not _normalize_ or cater towards their broader social fantasies.

This is the problem: trannies are now the elite shock troops of the SJW movement.

We have schools trying to push "gender neutrality" on children, ostensibly for the benefit of trannies:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/38...-inclusive

It seems it's not enough for trannies to have their operations and live their sad little lives. They want to force everybody else to participate in their delusional drama.

Unfortunately we're in "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" territory when it comes to a portion of the west and the U.S. Which is to say the inmates have commandeered the asylum and are running their own show. What is the answer or solution? I'm unsure. The degenerative effect has set in. You have the weak, the stupid, the crazy, and the degenerates in charge of media, politics, and usury. Productive men are belittled and the average man is marginalized. Women and bad biologically abnormal behavior is held aloft on a pedestal.

I don't know where this leads. I tend to stand by the projection there is no good outcome for all of this. It's a sign of the failure of a culture.

Quote: (12-03-2014 07:43 AM)The Reactionary Tree Wrote:  

Well right now we don't have any psychiatric treatments for homosexuality and transgenderism because instead of labeling them as mental disorders in the DSM, we instead decided to celebrate them out of political correctness. I am sure at some point in history, these people were put into institutions. Perhaps if we actually did medical studies to try and correct these behaviors instead of throwing parades where these degenerates buttfuck each other on parade floats shaped like giant dicks, then we would know how to treat it.

There is no gay gene. There is no tranny gene. Knowing what we all know about evolutionary psychology and biology in this sphere of the internet, we know it's impossible that such genes exist (sodomy doesnt produce offspring). It is a product of nurturing, not our biological nature.

The entire piece that begins the article is evidence to the contrary of there being no gay/tranny gene. I can't comment on the accuracy of it, but your assertion is basically the knife in the gunfight.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

You dont fix them.... Just let them be and let them do what they want and be happy. Yea all the special rights and passes they get can be frustrating but damn man. Don't take them out back and put them down like ol yeller. Its a problem with the way their brain works, Its kind of like saying how do we fix retards.

Sure a example like that crazy Wu bitch from gamer gate can make someone want to wipe out all the trannies from the face of the earth. However there are examples of bitches and dudes just as crazy that are straight.

At the end of the day they are still human beings... gay, straight, thinking they are another sex, whatever... They don't deserve to be any less happy then anyone else in my opinion.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

They can be treated with anti-psychs. a lot of trannies have schizophrenia anyway

Quote: (12-03-2014 01:19 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

You dont fix them.... Just let them be and let them do what they want and be happy. Yea all the special rights and passes they get can be frustrating but damn man. Don't take them out back and put them down like ol yeller. Its a problem with the way their brain works, Its kind of like saying how do we fix retards.

Sure a example like that crazy Wu bitch from gamer gate can make someone want to wipe out all the trannies from the face of the earth. However there are examples of bitches and dudes just as crazy that are straight.

At the end of the day they are still human beings... gay, straight, thinking they are another sex, whatever... They don't deserve to be any less happy then anyone else in my opinion.

1. I never said we should euthanize or murder trannies, nor denied their humanity so I don't know why you felt the need to say "Don't take them out back and put them down like ol yeller." I am against murder 100% under all circumstances and have taken on a poster or two on this very forum that sympathized with mass murdering regimes. So where'd you get that from?

2. Your laissez-faire attitude toward the severely mentally ill was adopted by American society years ago and now there are tons of schizophrenic homeless people living on the streets when they could've been getting treatment at a long-term inpatient facility.

Hardly a humane approach.

Neither is letting trannies, who believe they're a girl trapped in a man's body and want to cut their own penises off, go untreated. If you accept the conclusions of the study then you should also accept that it's a disorder and a disease. If that's true, it should be treated as such.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

We live in a society where we want to include everyone and give everyone a chance. If it weren't for subjectivity, we would terminate all children born with any kind of physical or mental handicap. Nature generally has a was of sorting out itself when creatures are born unfit to effectively participate in the pack - humans go against that paradigm by burdening ourselves with caring for and catering to individuals born with detrimental differences.

Quote: (12-03-2014 01:46 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

1. I never said we should euthanize or murder trannies, nor denied their humanity so I don't know why you felt the need to say "Don't take them out back and put them down like ol yeller." I am against murder 100% under all circumstances and have taken on a poster or two on this very forum that sympathized with mass murdering regimes. So where'd you get that from?

2. Your laissez-faire attitude toward the severely mentally ill was adopted by American society years ago and now there are tons of schizophrenic homeless people living on the streets when they could've been getting treatment at a long-term inpatient facility.

Neither is letting trannies, who believe they're a girl trapped in a man's body and want to cut their own penises off, go untreated. If you accept the conclusions of the study then you should also accept that it's a disorder and a disease. If that's true, it should be treated as such.

I didn't mean any offence. The old yeller thing was just a exaggeration. But when I first read your post that said "How do we fix them" The first thing that popped in my mind was back in the 60s when they used to try electrocuting gay people and doing all kinds of crazy shit to make them straight.

I think some people are just born with a desire to love people of the same sex. I don't think its a disease or a disorder and honestly I dont think they need fixed. I'm not a huge fan of it but I dont think its a problem either. As far as the transexual thing I assume its the same case as being born gay and if they wanna chop off their pecker and get some fake tits thats ok to. I am certainly not gonna stand up for their rights or go on a march for them but I'm not gonna try to "fix" them either.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:01 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I didn't mean any offence. The old yeller thing was just a exaggeration. But when I first read your post that said "How do we fix them" The first thing that popped in my mind was back in the 60s when they used to try electrocuting gay people and doing all kinds of crazy shit to make them straight.

I think some people are just born with a desire to love people of the same sex. I don't think its a disease or a disorder and honestly I dont think they need fixed. I'm not a huge fan of it but I dont think its a problem either. As far as the transexual thing I assume its the same case as being born gay and if they wanna chop off their pecker and get some fake tits thats ok to. I am certainly not gonna stand up for their rights or go on a march for them but I'm not gonna try to "fix" them either.

Yeah, I don't agree with that nonsense either. Psychiatrists, mental institutions, etc. have done some horrible things in the past and definitely aren't blameless. I think we probably agree on that.

And while I personally think homosexuality is a sin, as well as both physically destructive for the individual and socially destructive I don't agree with torturing people.

Most of their physical self-harm comes through blatant negligence and recklessness.

Trannies are different, though. I think in some cases they're in the same league as a suicidal person who's out of their head and tries to physically harm themselves. Obviously the threat of their self-harm typically isn't as imminent as someone threatening to throw themselves off a bridge, shoot themselves in the head, or slit their wrists. However, we rightly try to intervene when suicidal people do go that far to get them treatment because they're out of their heads.

A man who thinks they're a woman and wants to cut their genitalia off should be treated the same way, in my opinion. They need psychiatric treatment because they are broken and their brain is diseased, if you buy into the argument that it's a result of a brain defect or something going haywire in their brains when they're born.

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:23 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2014 02:01 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Yeah, I don't agree with that nonsense either. Psychiatrists, mental institutions, etc. have done some horrible things in the past and definitely aren't blameless. I think we probably agree on that.

And while I personally think homosexuality is a sin, as well as both physically destructive for the individual and socially destructive I don't agree with torturing people.

Most of their physical self-harm comes through blatant negligence and recklessness.

Trannies are different, though. I think in some cases they're in the same league as a suicidal person who's out of their head and tries to physically harm themselves. Obviously the threat of their self-harm typically isn't as imminent as someone threatening to throw themselves off a bridge, shoot themselves in the head, or slit their wrists. However, we rightly try to intervene when suicidal people do go that far to get them treatment because they're out of their heads.

A man who thinks they're a woman and wants to cut their genitalia off should be treated the same way, in my opinion. They need psychiatric treatment because they are broken and their brain is diseased, if you buy into the argument that it's a result of a brain defect or something going haywire in their brains when they're born.

In addition in regards to homosexuals. There are actually people that overcame.
http://www.overcomersnetwork.org/

Not that the homosexual desires disappeared(though in some cases it did) but that it was reduced and become insignificant and no longer relevant to personal identity.

Quote: (12-03-2014 01:19 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

[Image: potd.gif]

I'd have to say that some of these trannies have legit reasoning.... If you have hermaphrodites then why would you not have some people with some sort of gene imbalance?

But I think that is very few of them and the rest are just off their rocker.

Anyone aware of studies that'd study the differences between trannies in the west, and those in countries like Thailand where it's a longer tradition and more widespread? Both in regards to the genetics, and the amount of suicidalness and overall insanity in the tranny population.

And what's also important to figure out if there's a lot of people with the genetics / brain functions such as those outlined in the OP, who are simply normal, sane people regardless.

An older thread, same topic: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37278.html

In which I posted this: http://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2012/...it-anyway/

Which is very relevant to this discussion.

Basically, sex reassignment surgery causes massive regret among many of its candidates. It is the 'elephant in the room' that no one wants to discuss. We're constantly told to be accepting and inclusive, but never told that many people who go through the surgery end up regretting it.