rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anybody Ever Have Surgery Before?

[Image: a_collection_of_640_11.jpg]

I'm no stranger to medical problems. I was born with jaundice - which means I born with yellowed skin and the whites of my eyes were yellow. This results from issues with the liver.

That being said, we were having an interesting conversation on The Red Pill Hut about accidents we have been in and the surgery that resulted from that.

What surgeries have you undergone?

Personally, I have had kidney stones blasted, had my wisdom teeth pulled (from the jaw, so I had two gaping holes in the back of my mouth for a few weeks) and a couple other minor procedures.

I was in a bad car wreck a few years ago, and have had serious work done on my hands. I had surgery on my right ring finger to set the knuckle and the mid-digital joint. I also have had surgery done on my left wrist and had a couple screws placed in it. I still need more surgery on the wrist in the near future.

I also had a spinal tap and while that isn't surgery, that shit fucking sucked donkey ass.

Share any stories you care to divulge here!

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Had a broken bone removed from my left foot (wouldn't heal properly). I jumped off my roof barefooted. Pretty stupid. I was 15.

Broke my left ankle sliding into second base in a high school baseball game. That shit hurt. Didn't actually require surgery.

Did it again the next year, doing the same thing. This did require surgery. Now I have two tiny plates and three pins in there.

Broke my right tibia a couple of years back. Also required surgery.

Only major stuff has been skeletal thankfully. Used to have horrible asthma as a kid, but outgrew it.

Yes, my dick was too big when I was younger and it was giving me back problems.

I broke my nose and a rib in a car accident some months ago

You can tell I broke my nose [Image: undecided.gif]

I've been lucky. Only surgery I've had was the removal of all four wisdom teeth and one root canal.

I came close to having surgery on a pilonidal cyst, though. Thankfully the doctor was able to get that shit resolved before it came to that.

Being a hairy dude can seriously suck sometimes.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I had surgery on my right arm when I hung on to a basketball hoop so I can act as a lever to pull the basketball hoop straight then even when I called for people to catch me when they are all around me none of them helped. Then I fell and fractured my right arm.

The Wastelander:
I came close to having surgery on a pilonidal cyst, though. Thankfully the doctor was able to get that shit resolved before it came to that.

I had one of these -- at the top of my ass/tailbone. I couldn't sit, stand, lie down. Nothing. The Doc popped it. It was effen disgusting. I hope I never get one of those again.

Knee surgery because it kept dislocating. It didn't fix the problem but made it less common. I'm pretty sure some strength training would solve it altogether.

The pain after surgery though, FUCK. It hurts in a way I could never describe and wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Beside getting wisdom teeth pulled I've only had one small surgery. When I was in 5th grade part of my leg got stuck in the running bicycle wheel spokes, a bit of my flesh somehow got rotten and they had to take the rotten flesh out to prevent infection or else I would lose my leg, to let the blood flow no anesthetic was used whatsoever and it hurt like a bitch. Looking back I still don't understand how I survived that but I did.

Quote: (11-23-2014 02:11 AM)HeyPete Wrote:  

The Wastelander:

I had one of these -- at the top of my ass/tailbone. I couldn't sit, stand, lie down. Nothing. The Doc popped it. It was effen disgusting. I hope I never get one of those again.

Yeah, mine was gross too but thankfully not that big. I thought about describing it all in detail but I don't wanna cause anyone to puke.

After that I started routinely ripping out hairs in that area. It actually doesn't hurt too bad if you do it when you're taking a warm shower.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Cancer survivor here, so I'm also no stranger to medical surgeries

Liver Biopsy

Lung Biopsy

Lymph node removal

Intravenous Port put in

Intravenous Port taken out

Fractured foot.

Man that dilaudid painkiller was the shit though.

Broke my let playing (proper) football.

This is a macabre topic
I had a hernia operation 9 years ago in the area near my pubic bone. I have a visible scar about three and a half inches long as a reminder. During the same op my scrotum was cut open to deal with persistent pain in my left testicle. I forgot the medical term for that problem. The post-surgery pain is indescribable.

Quote: (11-23-2014 03:39 AM)britchard Wrote:  

Broke my let playing (proper) football.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Hope it wasn't too severe.

Had scrotum / groin surgery before. I don't think I want to do that again.

Nothing interesting. Medical circumcision and tonsils. Both improved my quality of life thereafter.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

I've had 2 sex changes done and probably should have a shoulder surgery but I've kind of put it off.

I've had 3 surgeries.

-Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at 18 and spent a week drinking soup and popping percocets

-Circumcision a couple years ago, I detailed my experience in this thread

-Got a photo refractive keratectomy (PRK) to correct my vision about a year and a half ago. Prior to the procedure I was near-sighted and wore contacts which was inconvenient, especially after sleeping with them in after a hard night of drinking. Now have perfect 20/20 vision, it is awesome.

Eye laser surgery.

Deus vult!

Reconstructive surgery on my right knee - I tore my ACL, PCL, and posteriolateral corner ligament in a football training accident.

HSLD

I had a inguinal hernia repaired in 2013. It first occurred in 1989, and I pushed on the lump until it went away. I finally got it fixed. Another nice scar to add to the collection.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Acl, appendix and maybe soon an eye laser procedur

When I was 13 I had surgery to correct my inverted sternum which looked like a deep hole in my chest. Basically they cut your sternum out of your body, break your ribs to force them out away from your heart, then connect a metal bar to the ribs behind the sternum which is put back in place. 12 hours on the operating table and my chest was numb and very sensitive for over a decade due to all the nerve damage. Got a badass scar though.

I laugh when someone says their wisdom tooth extraction is the worst pain in the world. I've had that. It's not.

Frenulum surgery (Don't google) and little toe surgery

Quote: (11-23-2014 12:09 PM)Arcturus Wrote:  

When I was 13 I had surgery to correct my inverted sternum which looked like a deep hole in my chest. Basically they cut your sternum out of your body, break your ribs to force them out away from your heart, then connect a metal bar to the ribs behind the sternum which is put back in place. 12 hours on the operating table and my chest was numb and very sensitive for over a decade due to all the nerve damage. Got a badass scar though.

I laugh when someone says their wisdom tooth extraction is the worst pain in the world. I've had that. It's not.

I went to school with a dude with an inverted sternum. I didn't know it could get fixed.

As for wisdom teeth, I had all 4 extracted and didn't like how I felt after my first painkiller so I didn't take them. I'd say it was about a 6 on my pain scale.

Passing kidney stones being an 8.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV