rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dating girls in grad school?

I'm in grad school now in a STEM Field. There are no attractive females in my program, as you would expect in STEM.

However, I am a TA for a course and there are some cute Asian fob undergrads in it. However, the semester is almost over and I didn't get a chance to talk/socialize to them about non-class related stuff, so I'm worried that if I send them an email after the semester ends, they'll find it really awkward.

Other than the undergrads in the course I am a TA for, I am part of the school's sports club that is composed mostly of Chinese grad students. I don't know/socialize with most of them as they are cliquey and only speak in Chinese, but I am friends with a female Chinese law student, but she's not romantically into me and may only like me for free English practice

Are there other ways you guys recommend to meet girls as a grad student?

Yeah go after undergrads. What are you doing even thinking about going after grad students unless it is a graduate only school?

Grad chicks are mostly fucking twisted either with social ineptitude, plain looks, or neuroses.

Join the athletic/yoga club, go to dance events, go to shows.

Undergrad pussy
Undergrad pussy
Undergrad pussy

Etch this into your desk with a metal file.

Just so you know OP the chicks past college age to go after are:

For a better mental experience:
Pre-K through Grade School Teachers (Junior High and High School female teachers have mental problems look at how many students they fuck)
Nurses
Physical Therapists
Non-Profit Sector
Exercise/Nutrition Professionals
Anything that has to do with helping young kids or old people.

For crazy sexual experience (don't date these, fuck and chuck them):
Strippers
Lawyers
Business Chicks
Designer/Artist wannabes
Models

Never grad school chicks. Never. They fail on both sides usually and terribly. Especially Psychologists in training! Dios mio!

Last note: You are a TA for godsake in STEM don't shit where you eat and get into a drama with one of these chicks. They aren't worth it in looks, sex, or trouble. You need get out of your comfort zone.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

1.) Go to your school gym. Sign up for Yoga, salsa dance, and spin class, or any other female dominated exercise class.
2.) Go to your school's international english education department. You'll now have access to FOB girls from China, Korea, and Japan, along with some european girls and south american girls.
3.) Join cooking club, there's a lot of 7's, along with 1 or 2 betas.
4.) Go to the student union at your university. There should be some kind of food court with tables next to it. These get packed around lunch time, so its your excuse to sit down at a cute girls table and make conversation.

Do all of these 4 and you'll increase your female social circle by a hundred.

Quote: (11-23-2014 12:04 AM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Yeah go after undergrads. What are you doing even thinking about going after grad students unless it is a graduate only school?

Grad chicks are mostly fucking twisted either with social ineptitude, plain looks, or neuroses.

Join the athletic/yoga club, go to dance events, go to shows.

Undergrad pussy
Undergrad pussy
Undergrad pussy

Etch this into your desk with a metal file.

I can't echo this enough ! Seriously that's all you need to know about grad girls.

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (11-23-2014 12:11 AM)edtf Wrote:  

1.) Go to your school gym. Sign up for Yoga, salsa dance, and spin class, or any other female dominated exercise class.
2.) Go to your school's international english education department. You'll now have access to FOB girls from China, Korea, and Japan, along with some european girls and south american girls.
4.) Go to the student union at your university. There should be some kind of food court with tables next to it. These get packed around lunch time, so its your excuse to sit down at a cute girls table and make conversation.

Do all of these 4 and you'll increase your female social circle by a hundred.

I have tried (2). At my school, there is a time for native English speakers to volunteer to teach English to international students. However, most of the international students are guys, and the few girls who have showed up tend to be a little entitled

Quote: (11-23-2014 12:11 AM)edtf Wrote:  

1.) ...salsa dance

Sadly for #1 I think this is overblown not many hot girls show up to dance classes at either my undergrad college where I went or here in Santa Barbara. Always worth a shot, especially if you have a true interest in learning.

#3 I looked up the cooking club to maybe brush up on cooking if there were hot bored chicks drinking margs and making food. Nope looked at the pictures more beta guys than chicks and the chicks were nothing to write home about.

Hot chicks in college are usual out partying with either the hottest group of guys they can find or the ones with the best drugs, most alcohol, biggest house etc...

Yoga and international clubs are spot on. Maybe something like a hip hop or club dance class would get chicks it seemed like in my experience.

An outdoors club where you can go on short camping trips and get in with these chicks is also a great opportunity. Many of these classes you just come and go onto the next thing, the long hikes and camping force the chicks to stick around and talk.

Day game on campus is always a good option and produces.

Or

If you go to a normal school there should be tons of clubs for every affinity group. Some will attract more women than men. Join those clubs! Pretty simple.

Do an experiment for me:

1. Look around at all your undergraduate students.
2. Pick out the ugliest few in the group who get good grades.
3. Mentally add 4-5 years to their face and body.

Those are the girls that end up in graduate school. Why bother picking scraps out of the dumpster when there's a supermarket around the corner? Go for the undergrads 100% of the time.

There's always something wrong with the graduate-student bitches, even when they're not outwardly busted.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Why isn't anyone suggesting night game? Lots of bars catering to the college crowd.

^ When we speak about college chicks it's almost implied you are going after 18-20 that aren't in bars yet. Since he is on a campus this is a mecca for going after this age group. You can hit up bar sluts in any bar.

After girls turn 21 and start going to bars some change quick from getting all the attention from older guys and it usually isn't a good thing. For U.S. chicks 21-26 are the years they really spoil from the attention.

Or

Quote: (11-23-2014 01:04 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Do an experiment for me:

1. Look around at all your undergraduate students.
2. Pick out the ugliest few in the group who get good grades.
3. Mentally add 4-5 years to their face and body.

Those are the girls that end up in graduate school. Why bother picking scraps out of the dumpster when there's a supermarket around the corner? Go for the undergrads 100% of the time.

There's always something wrong with the graduate-student bitches, even when they're not outwardly busted.

always? even the music, dance and drama departments? musicians tend to be insane and anal, but are very often hot. Dance and drama geeks have until about 30 before they spoil.(YMMV, some might be 35, some might be 25)

Quote: (11-22-2014 11:56 PM)boss13 Wrote:  

I'm in grad school now in a STEM Field. There are no attractive females in my program, as you would expect in STEM.

However, I am a TA for a course and there are some cute Asian fob undergrads in it. However, the semester is almost over and I didn't get a chance to talk/socialize to them about non-class related stuff, so I'm worried that if I send them an email after the semester ends, they'll find it really awkward.

Other than the undergrads in the course I am a TA for, I am part of the school's sports club that is composed mostly of Chinese grad students. I don't know/socialize with most of them as they are cliquey and only speak in Chinese, but I am friends with a female Chinese law student, but she's not romantically into me and may only like me for free English practice

Are there other ways you guys recommend to meet girls as a grad student?

I use to (and still do) run through all those rich FOB Asians from college. Sounds like you have an 'in' already with one of theirs as thats the biggest hurdle. If you're at a major university then you will find an all Asian sorority/Latino sorority/black etc etc. Speaking on just Asian sororities you need to find a way to get known with only a few. So you could use your chinese friend if she is a member of it, you could email on of the FOB Asians dom your class with a Bs excuse of some sort, or you could get involved with their sorority via English lessons, helping with their sorority house, or going to their events. Not many non Asian guys take the step to do this but if try then there is always a minority of girls who really want to try some non Asian dick. You could be it.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (11-25-2014 08:15 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

I use to (and still do) run through all those rich FOB Asians from college. Sounds like you have an 'in' already with one of theirs as thats the biggest hurdle. If you're at a major university then you will find an all Asian sorority/Latino sorority/black etc etc. Speaking on just Asian sororities you need to find a way to get known with only a few. So you could use your chinese friend if she is a member of it, you could email on of the FOB Asians dom your class with a Bs excuse of some sort, or you could get involved with their sorority via English lessons, helping with their sorority house, or going to their events. Not many non Asian guys take the step to do this but if try then there is always a minority of girls who really want to try some non Asian dick. You could be it.

That FOB girl I know is a law student, already finished her undergrad and is definitely not in a sorority. I also get the feeling that she doesn't even respect me that much, and is just friendly since she has no one else to practice her English with. I am acquaintances with a few more Chinese girls, including the roommate of the girl I mentioned earlier, but they are all grad students and not attractive. Well, there is this one other Chinese FOB girl in my class, but she is a phd student. I think she is kind of pretty, but seems very conservative, so I don't think she's worth dating

That's why I want to meet undergrad FOB girls instead, but I don't know where to meet them. They don't show up to the ESL conversation events. Guess I just have to take classes at a community college?

PhD student here. I agree, take advantage of being around tons of young hot girls. We are lucky.. I work in an ocean of attractive girls. My problem is that most undergrad girls I know/meet are on a different level mentally, dating frat guys, getting drunk and hooking up, starting drama etc.

At 29 I'm just over that shit, and to be honest I both prefer and do better with the 23-28 age range. I have a couple mid 20's grad students in my rotation at the moment and they are ok. The problem it seems is social circle game, most college girls seem to hook up/date guys from their social circle, and I have yet to figure out the best way to manage that reality. Cold approach during the day around campus might be the next step in my progression

Do not under any circumstances hook up with a grad student who's anywhere close to your field.

The world is a small place, you will run into them again in a professional setting. Trust me.

Others have already covered what you should be doing instead.

Don't email them man! No way!! that leaves a paper trail if the girl is a psycho. What if you word something in a way that she interprets as "Creepy?" She could show it to your supervisor and that could lead to a world of shit.

When I would TA I would just talk to them like they were six years old. Guys and ugly girls I would just have legitimate answers but cute girls I would totally change my tone and walk them through it and tease them if they couldn't figure it out.

Quote: (11-29-2014 12:47 PM)komatiite Wrote:  

Don't email them man! No way!! that leaves a paper trail if the girl is a psycho. What if you word something in a way that she interprets as "Creepy?" She could show it to your supervisor and that could lead to a world of shit.

When I would TA I would just talk to them like they were six years old. Guys and ugly girls I would just have legitimate answers but cute girls I would totally change my tone and walk them through it and tease them if they couldn't figure it out.

This got me thinking back to my TA/grad student days.

Every time I TA'd a class there'd always be at least one girl who obviously had a huge crush on me by the end of the semester. Chicks love guys who can command a room - they can't help it. The way to pick up girls who are in a class you're TA'ing is to improve your presence. If you're doing things right they'll seek you out during your office hours under some thin pretense and then you can run normal game on them. If that isn't happening then I'm guessing you're too timid during your sessions and not taking control of the room.

Quote:Quote:

I probably should've tried teasing them, but it's too late now since there is only final exams left. I know it's probably too late and they're not interested, but when this class ends, I likely won't even see those students again. I think this is a rare opportunity to date a fob undergrad since all the other ones just hangout in their fob cliques. And I'm not interested in American girls, especially if they're into frat guys

Quote: (11-29-2014 12:52 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

This got me thinking back to my TA/grad student days.

Every time I TA'd a class there'd always be at least one girl who obviously had a huge crush on me by the end of the semester. Chicks love guys who can command a room - they can't help it. The way to pick up girls who are in a class you're TA'ing is to improve your presence. If you're doing things right they'll seek you out during your office hours under some thin pretense and then you can run normal game on them. If that isn't happening then I'm guessing you're too timid during your sessions and not taking control of the room.

Not sure what you mean by taking control of the room. I am a TA for a lab course. Other than giving a lecture/announcement, I can't just take control of the room as the students have to do their experiments.

As for office hours, I hold them on Fridays. This is because in the past, the only students who came to my office hours were lazy, grade-grubbing brats trying to get me to tell them the answers to the assignments

Others have already covered what you should be doing instead

The problem it seems is social circle game, most college girls seem to hook up/date guys from their social circle, and I have yet to figure out the best way to manage that reality.

Exactly, I think most undergrad girls just hookup/date guys in their social circle, same with fob girls. Since it's weird to have a social circle with a bunch of 20 yo undergrads (I'm in my mid 20s), I don't know how else to meet undergrad fob girls

Exactly, I think most undergrad girls just hookup/date guys in their social circle, same with fob girls. Since it's weird to have a social circle with a bunch of 20 yo undergrads (I'm in my mid 20s), I don't know how else to meet undergrad fob girls

I'm thinking about experimenting with joining some clubs and making meetings here and there. If there are any cute girls, try chatting them up after the meeting. Other than that I might start cold approaches around campus and see what happens.

I think a lot of it comes down not to being in their circle, but being someone they'd comfortable introducing to their friends/roomates etc, since a lot of these girls live on campus or with a bunch of roomates, and gossip.

I find girls in 23-25 range are down to meeting up with someone outside their circle (me), even though I'm somewhat older. In fact I think you can easily game this age range into your 30's, and thats a good thing.

I am TAing in the new year when I go back to school, I am already sitting around thinking of greasy ways to meet with cuties. It will be for structural geology, so I already have plans to buy colored clay so I can help them visualize how rock layers fold and fault. Should be easy to get in some light hand contact. Plans to make fun of them when we color in maps- "might have to bring in some coloring books to help you stay in between the lines!"

I had this shit down to a science when I did this as a senior undergrad. I ran an invertebrate paleontology lab so I would always sit with cute girls and draw out pictures of what Tropical reefs looked like with the fossils they would be examining. Ammonites, rugose corals, bivalves, etc... Millions of years old. A few Little Mermaid references later I had them eating out of my hand and would always have little inside jokes with them when we passed in the hallways. Would be like shooting fish in a barrel when id see them at the bar

OP, what course do you TA? Chemistry would be easy, just drop in some Breaking Bad references or something. Make it seem like your experiment for the week is part of a plot to destroy the world like the Pinky and the Brain when you are doing some bullshit styrofoam cup calorimeter experiment. Biology is much the same. That paramecium slide they are examining could be spun as "hard to believe that you evolved from this creature, but then again I can see the resemblance to you, it's cilia reminds me of your hair today." Even physics can be done... When you are doing some Archimedes principle lab you can tell the story of the crown, maybe some subtle sexual innuendo during your coefficient of friction labs, etc.

You know your shit... Now just Make it seem like you are having fun with it. Treat them like little kids. They'll get those tingly feelings they had in sixth grade when their cool male teacher made math seem like it was exciting. Plus, making juvenile references will actually help their feeble female minds remember the material so they will likely do well on the exams, which reinforces their positive image of you.

Quote: (11-29-2014 09:04 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  

I'm thinking about experimenting with joining some clubs and making meetings here and there. If there are any cute girls, try chatting them up after the meeting. Other than that I might start cold approaches around campus and see what happens.

I think a lot of it comes down not to being in their circle, but being someone they'd comfortable introducing to their friends/roomates etc, since a lot of these girls live on campus or with a bunch of roomates, and gossip.

I find girls in 23-25 range are down to meeting up with someone outside their circle (me), even though I'm somewhat older. In fact I think you can easily game this age range into your 30's, and thats a good thing.

The social circle thing is simply not true and a self limiting belief. You want to be the guy they see on the side and never tell their friends about.

A girl might not pay attention to you in front of her friends but that doesn't mean she's not interested. My roommate in grad school was TA'ing a class. A smoking hot 19yd approached him at the end of class and asked if she could have his personal email. He invited her to come chill at our place and she stopped by a few times. They ended up banging. Her friends never knew - in fact it turns out later he finds out she had a fiancé the whole time who she's now married to.

You have to be chill and not aggressive in front of her friends. Let her show some interest, give her a pretense to be alone with you (this can be as simple as, stop by my place and let's chill), then run game as usual. Girls love an older guy who has his shit together. When you're a grad student the only group of women who think of you that way are the undergrads - take advantage of it.

A girl might not pay attention to you in front of her friends but that doesn't mean she's not interested

So then how am I supposed to know which one is interested in me and I should continue talking to?

Quote: (11-30-2014 03:25 AM)boss13 Wrote:  

A girl might not pay attention to you in front of her friends but that doesn't mean she's not interested

So then how am I supposed to know which one is interested in me and I should continue talking to?

The usual things, does she stare at your during your sessions, does she twirl her hair when she talks to you, does she go out of her way to put herself near you for no apparent reason?

Not sure what you mean by taking control of the room. I am a TA for a lab course. Other than giving a lecture/announcement, I can't just take control of the room as the students have to do their experiments.

Have you ever met someone who is able to get everyone's attention seemingly without trying? When he walks into the room people all stop what they're doing and look up. When he speaks everyone will immediately put down what they're working on and pay attention. Richard Feynman did this very well.

Even in a lab class where you're not speaking most of the time you should be walking around the room like you own the place - because for that block of time you do. Women will respond to that.

When I was in grad school - pre game btw, I was in my late 20s to early 30s and was able to hang out with and bang plenty of 20yds. It wasn't weird, nobody got offended. Personally I'd recommend staying away from your TA students until you get some more experience and can tell when a girl has a crush on you. Work on your presence and it will happen but the potential career consequences are too high if you are too forward and a chick complains. Instead I would start throwing regular parties. Have one every couple of weeks and invite every cute girl you meet (outside of the classroom). It's a great pretense for getting a chicks number. "Oh hey, just wanted to let you know I'm having a party on Saturday - give me your number and I'll send you the info."

When I was in grad school - pre game btw, I was in my late 20s to early 30s and was able to hang out with and bang plenty of 20yds. It wasn't weird, nobody got offended. Personally I'd recommend staying away from your TA students until you get some more experience and can tell when a girl has a crush on you. Work on your presence and it will happen but the potential career consequences are too high if you are too forward and a chick complains. Instead I would start throwing regular parties. Have one every couple of weeks and invite every cute girl you meet (outside of the classroom). It's a great pretense for getting a chicks number. "Oh hey, just wanted to let you know I'm having a party on Saturday - give me your number and I'll send you the info."

This is good advice, thank you. My problem is when I moved here a few months ago for school, my ex moved in, and obviously left. So I have to live by my self for the rest of the year, and I don't have a huge social network, so throwing parties isn't really an option.

Do you have any other advice? Run regular day game around campus, join clubs, etc. Next year I'm going to try to find some roomates in their mid 20's to early 30's that are on my level, and hopefully that will help.

I also agree avoid your own students. That could kill your career, and has killed the career of several academics I know of.

Double, sorry.