rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top ten most most powerful pasports in the world

Confirms what i suspected.

Nice to have the number one [Image: banana.gif]

http://irisharoundoz.com/blog/2014/11/11...0.facebook

USA comes second but it's a bit deceptive in that it does not take into account things like reciprocal charges that Americans get to enter countries like Brazil which we don't get hit with

Also uncle Sam insisting on taxing your income as an American even if you permanently leave the country (something that only two countries in the world do as far as I know) and other things like taxing income on gambling (relevant if you are a poker player) which the US does whereas most counties have zero percent tax on gambling winnings.

Also having a European passport allows you to legally live and work basically in any European country for as long as you want.

Saved my butt so many times [Image: biggrin.gif]

[Image: 8E4p57.jpg]

I knew our British Empire privilege still stood for something

On another note the top comment is great

"First time I've ever seen 28 in a top 10"

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Damn. Time to get my U.K. Passport.

According to this latest website,https://www.henleyglobal.com/files/downl...140728.pdf

The US passport, along with the Finnish, Swedish, German and British are the first ranking in the world.
The second are the Canadian and the Danish.
The third are the Belgian, the French, Italian,Japanese,Korean,Luxembourgian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish.

What is the extra +1 country that a UK passport gets you in that a US doesn't?

I'd have the malaysian passport over US and UK any day. Its the only passport that allows you to get into north korea without a visa, and on top of that it lets you get in 163 countries visa free, not shabby at all. Oh and you get to go to Cuba without a visa as well. I hate communism but countries like cuba and north korea always intrigue me [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2014 08:58 AM)monster Wrote:  

Probably Cuba.

No it's not Cuba, we still need a visa for that

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Nice to have US and UK passports.

It's not so much that there is one country that gives visa free entry to UK but not USA, it's that in total UK can go to 173 without a visa while in USA we can go to 172. There are countries that Americans can go to visa free that UK citizens need a visa and vice versa.

Although a big example I can think of is Brazil, Americans need a visa to go there but UK citizens (and the rest of the EU) don't.

Quote: (11-20-2014 09:01 AM)CimbomluBkk Wrote:  

I'd have the malaysian passport over US and UK any day. Its the only passport that allows you to get into north korea without a visa, and on top of that it lets you get in 163 countries visa free, not shabby at all. Oh and you get to go to Cuba without a visa as well. I hate communism but countries like cuba and north korea always intrigue me [Image: biggrin.gif]

North Korea would interest me also until I get thrown in a labor camp in NK and live out my days getting beaten by Kim Jong-il's lackys.

Quote: (11-20-2014 10:35 AM)tallandblonde Wrote:  

It's not so much that there is one country that gives visa free entry to UK but not USA, it's that in total UK can go to 173 without a visa while in USA we can go to 172. There are countries that Americans can go to visa free that UK citizens need a visa and vice versa.

Although a big example I can think of is Brazil, Americans need a visa to go there but UK citizens (and the rest of the EU) don't.

No, according to this website https://www.henleyglobal.com/files/downl...140728.pdf
UK citizens as well as US citizens can travel visa free to 174 countries.

Quote: (11-20-2014 10:39 AM)Helmutnl Wrote:  

Quote: (11-20-2014 10:35 AM)tallandblonde Wrote:  

No, according to this website https://www.henleyglobal.com/files/downl...140728.pdf
UK citizens as well as US citizens can travel visa free to 174 countries.

You're right, the article linked by the OP is wrong. But I still maintain my point about Brazil.

The number of countries you can enter without a visa should be only one half of the passport 'power' analysis. The access it gives you to legally work in countries or regions would be even more useful.

Japan for example might be ranked #4 on the visiting without visas list, however I know I certainly wouldn't trade a U.S. or any E.U. passport in for a Japanese one. Largely because you get access to a much wider job market with either of the US/EU.

It says top 10 but I counted more than 20 countries on that list.

Whilst to all intents our passports are the same in terms of visiting places without the need for visas the major advantage Brits have over us is that they can live and work in Europe ( EU ) as long as they want. Having gone through all kinds of red tape to buy property and stay in Italy long term I envy them that.

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

[Image: biggrin.gif]

I entered Sweden with a Canadian passport and the customs gave me a hard time, I didn't have a departure ticket.

Once I showed my expired British passport, the attitude changed and I was able to enter.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (11-20-2014 12:10 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Opportunity wise you are better off being from the US, Canada or Australia. You have way more opportunities in those countries comparing to the UK.

Quote: (11-20-2014 01:51 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Opportunity wise you are better off being from the US, Canada or Australia. You have way more opportunities in those countries comparing to the UK.

Fuck that, qatar is the best. Highest chance of being a dollar millionare(17.5%)

Money opens all doors

Thank god I have a British passport - I will never give it up!

The Swiss passport is cool and beautiful but unfortunately it's only fifth place.

Quote: (11-20-2014 01:51 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I think any improvement in opportunuties in being from the US in opportunities (and I can't think of one), it has to be more than cancelled out by having to pay tax to the IRS for life regardless of where you work and live in the world.

You can't even open a bank account without a lot of hassle abroad with a US passport.

Banks don't want the business because the amount of paperwork that the IRS make them file costs them more money that the money they would make out of the bank account.

The best passport is the one which lets you pay the least taxes and at the same time travel to most countries. How come no one said Singapore? Income tax doesn't exceed 20% no matter how much you earn, and on top of that you get to travel to like 170 countries visa free and on top of that you have a 10% chance of becoming a dollar millionaire. Oh and the proximity to pussy paradises like Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines. Round trip ticket to Manila from Singapore costs only $130.