rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sport moments that send shivers down your spine

Whether it's for atmosphere, comeback victories, underdog stories, and anything amazing or breathtaking, something that makes you feel goosebumps and literally sends shivers down your spine.

I could watch Lebron's highlights or Ronaldinho's best moves, but despite the raw talent and amazing plays, they don't provoke an emotional reaction in me.

What does, is something I can't really explain.

I'll give a few examples.

I'm not Chilean, but there is something I was looking forward to and I anticipated before this game. World Cup 2014, Chile with their greatest team ever taking on a wounded but still world champions Spain in the most famous stadium in the world in Rio. Sits 80 thousand, and almost all of them are Chileans that made the once in a lifetime trip for the tournament.

There's something about us South Americans when it comes to footy that we can't explain. So I'll just post the video. Notice the expression in the players' face during the national anthem, and how the players along with the fans chant it to completion despite the hymn ending early.

Second video, this happened recently, and this team is a rival to my childhood team. Despite that, what they pulled off was amazing. Semi finals of the cup, played the first game away from home and lost 2-0. Second and final game at home, start off by losing 1-0. For those who aren't aware of away goals rule, this means they had to score 4 goals to win on aggregate.

See for yourself, I still can't believe it. Fun fact, they had the exact same situation in the quarter finals, had to score 4 goals due to the same start, and pulled it off. But the semi's video is more shocking. The build up to the inevitable fourth goal is really something. This team is known for miracles like this.

I'll post some more as I think of some other ones. I get some adrenaline of some sorts merely watching these videos, it's an experience. Anyone else feel the same?

Share your examples as well. Can be any sport.. something that sends shivers down your spine.

Raymond Bourque!
Weird to see Bettman not get booed

TMAC!!!!

Love David Frost's commentary just after the KO....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijOjRTqPICk&t=25m34s

Great Thread idea.

Kobe nailing two free throws with a torn Achilles.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Great videos OP.

For me the World Cup elicits these types of moments more than any other event. Maradona single hand-edly beating England in 86. Germany 7-1 over Brazil in this year's semifinals. And of course Iniesta's goal in the 116th minute in 2010. That was a long time coming.

In a different vein, but these two will never cease to shock the shit out of me.

[Image: CraftyFlickeringAdeliepenguin.gif]

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote: (11-18-2014 06:38 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Crazy ending.

When my childhood team won the championship "Apertura 2006" Mexican league
they made a comeback

Also when they beat Boca Jrs in the Libertadores cup in 2005

[Image: banana.gif]

One of my favorite motocross racers is James Stewart. He's the first and only black champion in motorsports. When he was young and early in his pro career, he changed the game in how dirtbikes were raced. He would be on the gas way earlier in the turns, and the way he scrubbed (flicked his bike over and sideways off of jumps to lower his flight trajectory) made established pro's look like amateurs in comparison.

But pride got the better of him, and while he was getting complacent the next generation of pros learned his techniques and worked their asses off, and for the most part caught up. Stewart has not won a championship since 2008. However, as recently as this year and showed that, at certain races and on certain nights, he is still without a doubt the best on the planet. He just can't seem to put a whole season together like he used to.

The first vid is from the 2003 Las Vegas supercross where he was leading and pulling away, then had a minor mishap that set him back. In trying to catch up to the lead very quickly, he made a monumental error and ragdolled himself into the ground in epic fashion. I was there and saw this crash in person. I thought I might have just watched the kid kill himself.

The second is from later 2003 and features his first comeback race after his horrendous crash. He crashed off the start, got up, and proceeded to hand 39 other guys their asses en route to an easy victory.

The last vid is from 2014 where in Toronto he again demolished everyone while doing jump combinations that no one else would dare attempt. The best stuff starts at about 9:50 into the video.

[video=youtube]Gol Iniesta Chelsea 1-1 Barça. Audio Cadena Ser y…: http://youtu.be/d1JFApMnks0[/video]

This play against the Kansas City Chiefs. Walter Payton made an 11 yard run and broke about seven tackles. I lost my mind. I got so pumped that I started yelling and cursing at the top of my lungs. Everyone was so shocked that they said nothing for a full five minutes. That's an eternity considering my grandparents were Southern Baptist and they didn't play when it came to decorum.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Tony Hawk's face after he landed the first 900, a trick vert skaters had been trying and destroying themselves on for many years.

I think this was also one of the first examples of an event from "extreme sports" (for lack of a better term) making both traditional sports news, and mainstream news.

@ the football game comeback

That's the type of video I have been looking to see. Amazing comeback.

This one is historic as well. Taking down the most notorious team in the Americas in the semi's of the most important competition. Check out the atmosphere, full house 80 thousand fans pushing the team forward, the difference it makes, and the result:

can't get the tv icon to show up on my computer but here are my favorites. the tiger woods one is bar none the greatest ever.

tiger woods
http://youtu.be/DpRmF__A33U

Jordan on ehlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOE9Gpv6Ho

big papi grand slam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YSFMimAI3Q

mma super kick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

tmac 13 points in 22 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CGxj3dHGA

zlatan 30 yard bicycle kick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_5tJncHww

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

4th and 26:

Say what you will about Donovan McNabb, but he was responsible for some thrilling moments.

I could fill up a whole thread with these, but I'll start with this one.

Big Shot Rob takes down the Sacramento Queens:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Alberto Contador is my biggest sports idol, and doped or not, i believe that he is one of the greatest Fighters in sports of all time. In this years Tour, he broke his tibia, and STILL climbed a mountain before he abandon. 1 month after he was going to la vuelta, total underdog and wins the damn thing. Still makes me a bit emotional :,)

Quote: (11-18-2014 09:47 PM)Moto Wrote:  

One of my favorite motocross racers is James Stewart. He's the first and only black champion in motorsports.

Barring a serious surprise, Lewis Hamilton will join those ranks in about four days.

The reason why I hate Troy Polamalu. If you've played football, better yet if you've been the punt returner you know how fucking dirty this bullshit is. Deliberately trying to take a player out the game

This Zidane goal in the champions league.

Unforgettable.

Guessing some of the Brits have seen the Troy Deene goal for Watford vs Leicester 2 years ago. Leicester get a penalty to win the game, but they miss it and Watford go down the other end and score.

Can't seem to embed the video at the moment, sorry.