rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dillard's drops 'Dear Santa' sign asking for slim body

[Image: 10802993_442037929283401_345575085_n.jpg]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi.../18857955/

Quote:Quote:

Department store Dillard's has stopped selling a controversial holiday sign that appeared in the girls' section of one of its stores in Florida.

The sign read: "Dear Santa, This year please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix those two up like you did last year. Thanks."

The sign was supposed to be part of the home merchandise area with other "whimsical" signs, said Dillard's spokeswoman Julie Johnson Bull.

"We immediately removed it from the little girls' display," she said, adding that the sign would also no longer be sold in any of the chain's 298 stores.

As first reported by WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla., a photo of the sign was initially posted to social media by a mother of three.

"I was appalled by a sign in the little girls department," wrote Julie Khanna on her Facebook post, which was shared 377 times. She added, "This is NOT the message we should be sending our girls!!"

Bull would not comment on whether the sign sent a negative message to adults as well. She said the company's decision to remove the sign from all stores was in direct response to the social media comments.
[Image: lol.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I do agree that we shouldn't be teaching girls that slim bodies are gifts that come from Santa. Sends the wrong message.

Quote: (11-11-2014 03:00 PM)Socrates Wrote:  

I do agree that we shouldn't be teaching girls that slim bodies are gifts that come from Santa. Sends the wrong message.

Agreed. They should learn that it comes from hard work and willpower. Something most females will never understand.

Quote: (11-11-2014 03:09 PM)Sturmgeist Wrote:  

Agreed. They should learn that it comes from hard work and willpower. Something most females will never understand.

Reminds me of a post somewhere on RVF where a poster was talking about how a stupid chick was asking for a guy with muscles, an easy high paying job and lots of travel and ends with "Is that too much to ask for".

Agreed, those things are not xmas presents but earned through being conscious and hard work.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (11-11-2014 03:11 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2014 03:09 PM)Sturmgeist Wrote:  

Reminds me of a post somewhere on RVF where a poster was talking about how a stupid chick was asking for a guy with muscles, an easy high paying job and lots of travel and ends with "Is that too much to ask for".

Agreed, those things are not xmas presents but earned through being conscious and hard work.

Lots of women and men alike want something for nothing. Instant gratification and entitlement without giving anything is how our society operates these days. I see this shit all the time on Facebook.

I remember a humorous coffee mug from when I was a kid:

It featured a woman saying something like, "All I want are world peace and to have thin thighs...actually, I don't really care that much about world peace."

If only you knew how bad things really are.