rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Trick to Find Good Venues with Yelp

A trick I've discovered to finding a good club or bar in whatever city you're in, is the following:

Go on Yelp and read reviews of the local nightlife spots.

If you see low ratings and lots of bad reviews for a place...it's probably a good spot for getting girls.

Think about it: who are the people who are writing most of these reviews? They are girls and hipster guys. What kinds of venues do these groups get "creeped out" by?

So if you see a bunch of reviews for a place using words like "doochey," "creepy," "ratchet," "sluts," "trashy" etc then you know it's gonna be a fun place. Girls and gay guys give good reviews to fancy venues where they can enjoy a margarita, take pictures, and just get on their iphones without interruption. White knight guys like venues where other guys aren't gettin sum.

Here is an example I copied and pasted of a Yelp review written by a guy, of a bar that I like and recommend to my buds for getting girls because it's full of young girls grinding left and right:

"Bro bars, meet your GOD...Sticky floors, blaring while equally obscene music and overserved patrons are the calls to duty for a [Name of Bar] bartender. .. [Name of Bar] is most likely the bane of existence to the locals as it attracts every moron in a 3 county radius to its "charm" of fistfights, catcalls and all-around obnoxiousness. Expect the ultra-drunk, wild douchebaggery and a chance at police activity after 10pm. You have been warned."

And another:

"For most dirt bags this is heaven.

If you are looking to get super ratchet, want to interact with people that have an IQ of 18 and below, want to get hammered and not remember much and end up on the street, watch some girl get fingered in the corner, and catch HIV, fight for no reason with some clown because hes trying to show off in front of girls that dont care, head on down to [Name of Bar]."

I don't know why this is in the travel thread.

Never used Yelp or Urbanspoon, but I've noticed high end venues get really bad reviews posted on their Facebook wall by people. Why? Because they're strict on the doors so lame and unattractive people don't get in. If you see tons of bad reviews for a classy club especially if they single out the bouncers, it probably means they didn't even get in in the first place. A lot of girl's ego's especially can't handle the rejection so they take it out publicly thinking the club actually gives a shit.

That said if people are saying the club is full of trashy people getting into fights, it's probably best avoiding. All you'll get in trashy clubs is guys who are more likely to be jacked or tattooed approaching aggressively in an environment with below average quality girls and getting into random fights to vent their sexual frustration. It's a total shit show. People having a good time don't get into fights.

I use "cougars" as a search term in yelp when traveling, never seems to steer me wrong. Even if its not full of cougars, they are generally classier bars, after work spots, etc. I find it much easier for me to do work in those kind of situations. Something where its not a shitshow of jaeger bombs and EDM where the ratios are all fucked. Places where cougars hang usually have favorable ratios and favorable odds.