rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Irish girl rejected for teaching job in Korea - due to alcholism of the Irish

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...44597.html

[Image: Email.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

An Irish school teacher was turned away from a position in South Korea due to the "alcoholism nature of [her] kind".

Katie Mulrennan, from County Kerry, had applied for a job in the capital Seoul after seeing the role advertised on Craigslist.

However, the 26-year-old received a rejection email telling her that she would not be offered the work because, as the stereotype goes, Irish people are drunks.

A screen grab of the email, which has since gone viral, reads: "I am sorry to inform you that my client does not hire Irish people due to the alcoholism nature of your kind".

Mulrennan has said she was shocked by the content of the message.

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:32 AM)berserk Wrote:  

An Irish school teacher was turned away from a position in South Korea due to the "alcoholism nature of [her] kind".

Katie Mulrennan, from County Kerry, had applied for a job in the capital Seoul after seeing the role advertised on Craigslist.

However, the 26-year-old received a rejection email telling her that she would not be offered the work because, as the stereotype goes, Irish people are drunks.

A screen grab of the email, which has since gone viral, reads: "I am sorry to inform you that my client does not hire Irish people due to the alcoholism nature of your kind".

And people think racism is a white only problem. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Well, the Irish are proud to present themselves as heavy drinkers. Not only do they own up to this stereotype, they are the ones spreading it. Maybe it's time to stop. You can't expect to convince people you are the best drinker and then face no consequences for it.

Has to be fake.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Can't be real. Koreans drink like fish too.

To be fair, I've had 5 pints tonight and it's Monday...

Irish

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:32 AM)berserk Wrote:  

Korea is sometimes referred to as the Ireland of Asia - for the same reason. Pot, meet kettle.

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:41 AM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Well, the Irish are proud to present themselves as heavy drinkers. Not only do they own up to this stereotype, they are the ones spreading it. Maybe it's time to stop. You can't expect to convince people you are the best drinker and then face no consequences for it.

And this is my problem with african american culture.

they go around calling each other the n-words every twenty seconds. ridicule education and being intelligent, while promoting sports, rapping and the glorification of exaggerated violent behaviour.

then.... they turn around to complain about people seeing them in a negative light.

gimme a break!

Only 8 posts until we got a derailing race comment about African-Americans when AAs weren't part of the story at all.

Is that a RVF record?

This could turn into a game:

Korean girl rejected for veterinary job in _____ - due to _______…

British girl rejected for dentistry job in _____ - due to _______…

Multicultural Mad Libs.

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:47 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Has to be fake.

Could be but I've heard some horror stories about teaching in Asia. I've read before that a black applicant was given the job after turning in an application and doing an interview over the phone but once he showed up he was promptly sent back because of his skin color. From what I've heard they only hire whites because English is a european language and they only want europeans (or white Australians, Americans, etc) teaching it. The political correctness that exists here in the U.S doesn't wash over in Asia, so that email comes as no surprise.

I though about doing it after college but plans fell through. Maybe it wasn't worth it going through all of the trouble.

Quote: (11-10-2014 12:58 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:47 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Has to be fake.

Could be but I've heard some horror stories about teaching in Asia. I've read before that a black applicant was given the job after turning in an application and doing an interview over the phone but once he showed up he was promptly sent back because of his skin color. From what I've heard they only hire whites because English is a european language and they only want europeans (or white Australians, Americans, etc) teaching it. The political correctness that exists here in the U.S doesn't wash over in Asia, so that email comes as no surprise.

I though about doing it after college but plans fell through. Maybe it wasn't worth it going through all of the trouble.

Really? That almost makes me want to see if they'd reject me based on some Italian stereotype.

"Hello Wastelander,

I am sorry to inform you that my client does not hire Italian people due to the organized criminal nature of your kind."

Although if they did accept me I'd have to leave behind my lucrative protection racket and pasta, which would suck.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (11-10-2014 12:54 PM)Sumanguru Wrote:  

Only 8 posts until we got a derailing race comment about African-Americans when AAs weren't part of the story at all.

Is that a RVF record?

This is why I hate the Swiss.

Bloody Swiss, what with their damn cuckoo clocks and multi-purpose pocket knives.

I thought it was rather funny though. I am sure the Irish lass finds another job once she sobers up.

Isn't Korea the heaviest drinking country in the world?

They're number one on this list, Ireland is just number 17.

It's even crazier when you consider the average Irishman probably has 30-40 pounds on the average Korean.

Definitely sucks for this girl if it's true, but I'm sure she can get a job somewhere else in Korea.

Quote: (11-10-2014 01:54 PM)Hedonistic Traveler Wrote:  

It's even crazier when you consider the average Irishman probably has 30-40 pounds on the average Korean.

Definitely sucks for this girl if it's true, but I'm sure she can get a job somewhere else in Korea.

No, from the same article:

However, while the South Koreans are the heaviest drinkers when it comes to hard liquor, they are 13th heaviest drinkers overall, according to the World Health Organisation.

According to the same WHO report No. 1 is Belarus

Quote: (11-10-2014 02:46 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2014 01:54 PM)Hedonistic Traveler Wrote:  

No, from the same article:

However, while the South Koreans are the heaviest drinkers when it comes to hard liquor, they are 13th heaviest drinkers overall, according to the World Health Organisation.

According to the same WHO report No. 1 is Belarus

Shit, you're right, my bad. I had heard South Korea was, so I didn't even bother reading that article.

According to the WHO numbers South Korea is above Ireland though. They're just 15th and 21st, not 1st and 17th.

Here's a site full of pictures of wasted Koreans, fittingly called Black Out Korea.

[Image: betterdays.jpg]

Well, the logical conclusion of this story is that if they do not hire Irish because of alcoholism, they don't hire Koreans either [Image: lol.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Do you really believe this busted fatty didn't manufacture this whole thing?

[Image: attachment.jpg22756]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

She replied to a random ad on Craigslist. The school isn't even mentioned by name, much less contacted to confirm the email. She either manufactured it or it was some horny Korean guy looking to indulge a fetish for Western women under the guise of language lessons who rejected her for being fat and ugly.

Isn't the Japanese stereotype of the Koreans the same as the English one of the Irish - boisterous drunken rubes?

Quote: (11-10-2014 04:27 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Isn't the Japanese stereotype of the Koreans the same as the English one of the Irish - boisterous drunken rubes?

I've heard a few Japanese women tell me that they think Koreans have stinky kimchi breath.

Didn't even know the Koreans were known as heavy drinkers. I've seen some gritty cop noir movies from Korea too. I'm beginning to warm to the culture. Seems like they're the bro culture of Asia.

Quote: (11-10-2014 11:41 AM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Sorry, but your post is bullshit.

Your post indicates that you only know the 'popular stereotype', and have no personal experience of Irish people.

It isn't even worth refuting.