rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

pot legalization gender gap

This might be the greatest argument ever against women suffrage. A study has shown an overwhelming difference in views on the legalization of marijuana. Men favor it 59-36. Women reject it 52-44.

I don't use it myself, but favor the right of others to use it. We may also remember that the women's suffrage movement and the alcohol prohibition movement were often one in the same:

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalre...r-gap.html

Church ladies never die

My favorite comment:

Quote:Quote:

Turkey Vulture November 7, 2014 at 1:09 am
My body, my choice. Men’s bodies, get to jail.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I often go through girls' questions on OKCupid. Some of the questions are on politics. To no one's surprise, they tend to be batshit liberal in most areas; but you wouldn't believe how many answer that it should be illegal to burn your country's flag.

In general, women aren't really liberal- they're statist/authoritarian. No wonder libertarianism is such a sausage fest.

There is a reason the phrase "Nanny State" exists.

There was some guy who stood outside a woman's college or something (or a gender studies class) and asked women to sign a petition to "end women's suffrage."

I don't even need to say what happened, you know.
That is the best argument against female suffrage

Quote: (11-09-2014 12:37 AM)DrewP Wrote:  

I often go through girls' questions on OKCupid. Some of the questions are on politics. To no one's surprise, they tend to be batshit liberal in most areas; but you wouldn't believe how many answer that it should be illegal to burn your country's flag.

In general, women aren't really liberal- they're statist/authoritarian. No wonder libertarianism is such a sausage fest.

Quote: (11-09-2014 01:01 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

There is a reason the phrase "Nanny State" exists.

Yeah, women are just more authoritarian, on average. More in favor of controls and censorship.

It's because they want safety more than freedom or rights. One reason why female prosecutors are such a horror - if they think a guy's a "threat to society" or even a "creep," they pull out all the stops to nail him - including hiding and falsifying evidence.

Another thing - a soldier who was in Iraq told me that women soldiers were trigger-happy and had killed a lot of innocent civilians. He said they would just go full auto at the approach of any vehicle or anyone throwing a rock.

Quote: (11-09-2014 04:12 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Another thing - a soldier who was in Iraq told me that women soldiers were trigger-happy and had killed a lot of innocent civilians. He said they would just go full auto at the approach of any vehicle or anyone throwing a rock.

That would be important journalism if someone reported on this phenomenon.
Somehow, I doubt the Army keeps statistics on male vs female enemy / civilian kills.

Quote: (11-09-2014 04:29 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Quote: (11-09-2014 04:12 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

That would be important journalism if someone reported on this phenomenon.
Somehow, I doubt the Army keeps statistics on male vs female enemy / civilian kills.

It was only one guy's observation, but it was based on his observation of female soldiers in the turrets of HUMMVs in convoys who were firing without restraint. One of the incidents he mentioned had made the news, it was a machine gunning of a demonstration where someone threw some rocks at the HUMMVs. But about ten guys were machine gunned.

You're right, I doubt they keep the stats on that male vs female kills of innocent civilians, or even good stats on the number or incidents of innocent civilians killed.

Authoritarian tendencies are much stronger in women.

If women had half the ambition that men do, this world would know a thousand Hitlers, Stalins, Pol Pots, etc.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Quote: (11-09-2014 12:37 AM)DrewP Wrote:  

Yes.

Women are mostly herd animals. (So are men, but to a lesser degree.)

The feminine approach to politics is typically:

* How does this make me feel?
* How would Becky and Mike and Sarah feel if I said X?
* Which candidate/party/issues are being championed by my in-group/authority figures? I don't want to be one of those freaks/outsiders/unfashionable people!

And how do women want to feel? They want to feel safe, they want to feel validated, and they want to feel like (and be seen as if) they're being nice.

Freedom isn't safety. The feminine personality doesn't understand freedom or want to take responsibility for her own actions. She wants Daddy or a substitute Daddy - be it a husband or the government - to take that scary burden away from her.

[Image: file.jpg]

This also explains why women thrive in highly structured environments like academia, the public sector, and big politically correct corporates, while shunning riskier activities like new business startups or genuine self-employment (unless it's a vanity project funded by hubby or Daddy, like a knick-knack shop or whatnot).

The feminine desire for validation means they're less likely to deviate from the mainstream, whatever their mainstream happens to be. It also means women spend a lot of energy trying to cajole or bully other women into conformity. Ever wondered why feminists say they're "pro-choice" (not just on abortion) yet take it as a personal attack when other women make different choices to their own?

[Image: angry-older-women.jpg]

Finally, there's the desire to be "nice". But we need to understand this in the context of the above. It's mainly about appearances - "OMG! I, LIKE, REALLY CARE ABOUT THOSE KIDS IN DARFUR, OR WHATEVER!"

And women only want to be "nice" to their pre-approved categories of deserving people. So, children, naturally, but other socially-determined categories can vary wildly depending on the woman's situation. As any divorced man or high school aged girl could tell you, women are far more cruel than any man when they identify someone as an enemy (and women don't have rivals, they have enemies). Guess which sex provided Hitler's most passionate supporters?

The masculine approach to politics is:

* Is this right or wrong, true or false?
* Does this help or hurt me and mine?

So, the current tendency of young unmarried Western women to be "liberal" is merely a reflection of their feelings and what they're told is the acceptable social consensus by their authority figures in the media or at university or their peer group. If the same women were born 150 years ago they'd have been staunch Victorian moralists fainting at the mention of sex outside of wedlock.

In 50 years' time they could easily be hyperventilating about the marriage equality rights of sentient gay transpecies dolphin-monkeys, or denouncing the sentient gay transpecies dolphin-monkeys as evil shitlords in need of hanging, depending on how the winds of society blow. It doesn't really matter what women think, because most of them don't. They follow.

[Image: 2006.80.1.2_koons_imageprimacy_compressed_800.jpg]

One woman was actually a ringleader of the Rwanda genocide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_Nyiramasuhuko