rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Raccoon's 100 Approach Quest

Hi everyone, I will be doing my official 100 approaches and reporting it.

A little about me:

-19 years old
-Average looking
-Dress fairly well
-Not attending collage or university, just night school
-Been reading game related material for about a year now
-Got my girlfriend (ex now) because of game which lead to my 1st notch
-Live with parents and no car *can't bring girls home* (if anyone else been through this problem please comment on this!)

Areas I'd like to improve by the end:

-Limit the anxiety levels before approaches
-Improve my texting game
-Improve my game with every approach

It starts November 12th 2014

You should start lifting.
Being in better shape can improve your mood.
Lifting will also help with your self image.
If you're feeling and looking good then approaching girls becomes easier.

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:53 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

You should start lifting.
Being in better shape can improve your mood.
Lifting will also help with your self image.
If you're feeling and looking good then approaching girls becomes easier.

I do. I have been out for a little while because of my back injury. Got it checked out today. I will be back at the gym starting tomorrow morning baby.

Thanks for the advice pal.

Quote: (11-05-2014 11:09 PM)Raccoon Wrote:  

Screw collages

Do some scrap-booking instead

Quote: (11-06-2014 12:48 AM)calihunter Wrote:  

Screw collages

Do some scrap-booking instead

Is that the online collage program? I think I read about it either on here or Return of Kings, but I plan on going into the trades come 2015 and do some collage as part time.

He was making fun of your typo.

"Believe in your FLYNESS ...
... conquer your shyness"
- Kanye Omari West

Hahaha, I suck at telling sarcasm over text...

Get a car and start lifting is my opinion on this one. Then get some resources here (we have plenty) and go for it!

Approach #1

Walking down the street because I missed my bus. See an Asian girl (6.2).

R: Excuse me, do you speak English?
G: yeah
R: I had to stop you because I thought you looked cute. My name is Raccoon.

Now it seemed that she hasn't got approached like this before so she was iffy, but I got a handle on it.

G: my name is ---------
R: nice to meet you. Why are you walking instead of taking the bus?
G: I live not too far from here.
R: okay, so do you attend school
G: yeah, 4th year at xyz. What about you?
R: second year at xyz (i dont attend school so i had to) what are you doing after you graduate?
G: med school

We keep talking and I go for the number. She was hesitant, but when I took my phone out she reached for it. Going to text her tomorrow. She is 22.

Approach #2

Two girls behind my seat. I planned on approaching as they were leaving because the coffee shop was crowded, but her friend left first. I went to the washroom and I was coming back she (8.1) was right in front of my leaving.

R: excuse me, quick question for you. My sister wants the same type of jacket as you are wearing. Where can I get one?
G: I got this last year at h&m.

I keep asking questions because I didn't know how to display my interest in her rather than her coat. A few lines later, I just told her:

R: To be honest, I just stopped because you were cute. My sister doesn't actually need a jacket.
G: that's flattering, but I can't because I don't know you.
R: aww come on... we'll get to know each other over text [Image: smile.gif]

Then she gave me a personal reason why ans I wished her the best and hope all goes well for her.

Approach #3

This one was brief. I went direct and she said "thank you" as she was walking away. Told her to stop, but she apologized, "was in a rush" and thanked me for the compliment.

Approach #4

Now I've seen this girl (6.5) before on my way to night school. This time around she had dressed really nice, dress and red lip stick. Red lip stick on a white blond always catches my attention. She was seated on the bus reading. We both got off. I ran up to her.

R: how is that book you are reading? My friend was suppose to give it to me for a read.
G: oh its good...

We were early for class as we walked into school talking. We chatted for about 15 minutes. She really liked me it seemed. Asked for her to tell me about her book when she was done and went in for the #. She seemed surprised and really happy that I asked. My phone had died so instead she took mine down and texted me less then 30 minutes later.

Don't fuck up #4

Racoon, don't approach asian american girls with "do you speak english". Just approach direct or indirect as usual, because you will get called out eventually, especially if they are defensive about being American first and asian second.

Quote: (11-06-2014 10:18 PM)edtf Wrote:  

Racoon, don't approach asian american girls with "do you speak english". Just approach direct or indirect as usual, because you will get called out eventually, especially if they are defensive about being American first and asian second.

I've approached Asian girls in my area before and some of them just are terrible at English. Their social group just consist of Koreans. Although, you are 100% correct now that I think about it. I will definitely avoid the next time. Thank you.

@L M McCoy

I offered to hang out on the coming weekend, but she was busy and counter offered the week after. She said Monday was good, but then replied with: "I'll have to check my schedule for Monday." Me: "So you are busy on Monday now?" " Her: I'll have to get back to you on the weekend." Man I am really confused...

Sounds to me like she realized she came off thirsty and doesn't want to appear as the dirty little sloot that she is

Quote: (11-06-2014 10:43 PM)L M McCoy Wrote:  

Sounds to me like she realized she came off thirsty and doesn't want to appear as the dirty little sloot that she is

Good knowledge to have in the books. That makes perfect sense. I don't know much at all it seems... Thank you.

I like this kind of thread. I'd say #4 is your best bet.

Hi everyone, I will be doing my official 100 approaches and reporting it.

A little about me:

-19 years old
-Average looking
-Dress fairly well
-Been reading game related material for about a year now
-Got my girlfriend (ex now) because of game which lead to my 1st notch
-Live with parents and no car *can't bring girls home* (if anyone else been through this problem please comment on this!)

Areas I'd like to improve by the end:

-Limit the anxiety levels before approaches
-Improve my texting game
-Improve my game with every approach

It starts November 12th 2014

You should be earning.. Living at home with no car and no future isn't appealing to the type of women that you'll eventually want to game. Not trying to be an asshole here.. Plus you're just making things hard on yourself logistically.. You'll probably be approaching women your own age, I assume and chances are that they also live at home or with a couple of roommates.

You should also be approaching everything you find attractive. It is simply the only way to get good with women. I remember when I started gaming I would literally open and flirt with every chick I encountered. Ugly chicks ringing me out at stores, old ladies at supermarkets, teachers, etc. (Not in a creepy fuckin weirdo way) Try to have convos with as many girls as you can a day. It is the only way you will ever feel comfortable with women. You will never get rid of approach anxiety if you only approach women you want to bang because you will feel so pressured. If you approach a ton of women that you do not want to sleep with, when you finally get to the ones you do want to sleep with it will seem routine.

Thanks for the advice, but I should clear something up. Currently I am unemployed because of my own free will. Just got out of an amazing job which people my age can only get lucky to attain. I've been reading at least 6 hours a day, finalizing my schooling I'll need for a trade and part time collage, and also working on getting my licence. Ha, if I had no ambition I wouldn't be in my senses - the ones that have helped me steer in the path I have calculated for the the next unaltered 7 years of my life; which altogether without, would leave me thinking a beautiful girl will walk into my life and being completely unaware of game.

There are certain information I am not disclosing, but financial I am okay and my directions in life are set in stone.

November 7th was a good day.

Approach #5

I was at the mall looking for a winter coat and the first place I went to was Danier. A cute Somalian girl (6.1) with a nice body happened to be beside me where the coat which I was eyeing stood in the rack.

R: what do you think of this jacket?
G: i don't really like it
R: do you recommend anywhere else I could go to?
G: yeah, there is a place downtown
R: will you be going there today?
G: no, but perhaps tomorrow
R: since you are girl *she laughed at that, steps in front of the mirror - looks at her tits, back to me and saying "yes, I am" * If you happen to see something nice, would you please take a picture and send it to my number?
G: sure, whats your number?

Our conversation went on for a while about leather, coats, and the cute looking employee joined out conversation as well. The Somalian girl was willing to show me around the mall and helped me pick out a coat. We spent about at least an hour together and I got 40% off from the coat. It was a good experience, but she was obviously older (23) and I told her my real age which she kept poking at. Not sure if she'll get back to me.

Approach #6

I went for coffee at the starbucks in the mall. Saw a pretty Asian girl (7.6) sitting at a table with 3 other vacant chairs.

R: Mind if sit here?
G: No, go ahead. *clear the small table because it was crammed with books and a to-go box of food*
R: I am suppose to be meeting up with a friend of mine and he is always late. I'll be here for about 30 minutes, hope that's okay.
G: Oh no, don't worry about it.

She has a textbook open and with a highlighter in her hand. I open with what she is studying for - media studies, but her major is political science - wants to go into law - needs 3.5 GPA. My book is open in the mean time. I sit there for about 20 minutes, enjoy my coffee, read and talk to her in between pages. Go for the number and she has a boyfriend... I text her on it with a sarcastic and cheerful tone

R: Oh yeah? I don't believe you. What's his name?
G: XCVBZ
R: Eye colour? (with a smile)
G: Brown
R: Well I believe you now. I hope you do well in the next 2 years with your GPA and get into law school. Good luck.

She says her half and I leave.

Approach #7

Get on the subway and pass this pretty blonde. She looks half Caucasian and half Asian (8.0), but found out she was half French and half English. Looked intimidating a little and I walk past her taking a seat a few rows further down. 30 seconds later: I said 'Fuck it, I am going to do it' and approached.

R: Hi. Do you know how long it would take to get to XCVZA Station?
G: Yeah, it should be like 10 minutes or even 5.
R: Cool, one more question for you. You may not know the answer to this one though.... Would you happen to know if there is shisha place around there?
G: No, I don't. Sorry.
R: Don't worry about it. So where are you headed? Gym? (she has a duffle bag by the legs)
G: Oh, no I am going home from ZXCBVZ collage. I study there.

The usual happens again - what do you study? - interior design. We get into how she has her own small interior design business and what makes businesses successful. Keep chatting until I realize the doors are closing and it's my stop.

R: Well... I just missed my stop.
G: Oh no!
R: I enjoyed talking to you. Do you want to for a coffee sometime?
G: Sure

I take out my phone and the screen froze... Take out my handy little pen from my pocket and write down the number on my palm. Not sure if she was impressed by my preparedness or thought something else because my phone froze and I missed 2 stops, yeah 2 now due to the cluster and the short distance between the stops...

Approach #8

Going home after a long night of boozing and eating too much pizza. Notice this Asian girl (7.3). I know she is older and out of school because she is dressed up like a business woman (and she was).

R: Do you know how long it'd take to get to ZXC and GHT with the 99 bus?
G: Maybe 30 minutes? Not sure.

We somehow got into this conversation about her appearance, aura, voice tone and her age. Thinking she was like 24, I told her I was 22, but to my surprise she ends up being 30! We get onto the bus, she mentions her stop is before mine. She seems to like and admits she is drunk.

R: I could go for another beer.
G: you are crazy.
R: I really could. you should join me.
G: there are not places open here
R: we'll find one. let's get off. we have 24 minutes before last call
G: there is ghetto bar (wasn't ghetto, just a rundown guys bar). we'll go there.

We get off 3 minutes later. Go in there, I order a pitcher of beer (can't remember the name...) and 2 glasses. We drink, I grab her and dance to the music, kiss. We were really clicking and it was mainly because of the confidence I have been building up over the past 2 days with the approaches. I lead the moments. Then the bar turns on their karaoke machine which was the last thing I expected when I walked in there. We sit down, make out for a while. 10 minutes later, I suggest we leave and i'll walk her to her house. Get outside, and she want a smoke. Old guys will do anything to see a smile from a woman, so I ask an old man for one and she says thank you to the old man who is now jolly because of her (I don't smoke). Cross the street - walk 2 minutes - we are at her door - I ask to use the washroom, but she knows whats up and mutters "I can't believe I am doing this.". I act clueless. Long story short... we don't end up fucking... and she says another time because she is coming off her rag, but I spend the night there anyway. I was persistent throughout the night because I knew (75% sure) that her excuse was BS, but nothing. Although, she was very cuddly. I stayed until late morning, get her number, we hug and she kisses my cheek (bad sign?), and said "I'd call her and goodbye".

There were a few other interactions, but they are not worth mentioning. Although, I still did get a number from a Caucasian (8.3), but as "friends" because she was "seeming someone at the moment". This was long post and took me some time. Hope there aren't too many errors.

Inspirational posts my man. Definately will be starting my 100 soon
stay up dog

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

I couldn't do approaches on November the 8th, but I am finalizing some dates.

Approach #1 and #7 are going on the same trip their school is sponsoring for a week. Both were eager to respond back and agreed to shoot me a text after they are back.

#4 has not confirmed on the date for Monday.
#8 I will be calling her today.

November 9th

Approach #9

2 European girls walking in front of me. One was French (8.1) and the other Russian (5.7).

R: Excuse me, hi. I would like to ask you a question. (Directed at the french girl) I really like your bag (was a cute medium sized red satchel, really girly to too). Where can I get one just like that for my sister-in-law?
G: Well, I brought it in France, but you should check out their site - SabrinaParis.
R: That's unfortunate, I was hoping it would a store, but I will check their site.

I change the subject and kept talking. Where they are from, school, studies, book shops. I go in for the number, but she kindly declined. I payed not too much attention to the Russian girl and she seemed like the dominant one in the friendship (I think they were best friends) which may have had something to do with the French girl's declining my offer for drinks, but whatever, girls come and go.

Approach #10

5 minutes after approach #9. Notice this hipster girl walking toward me, pretty cute with red lipsticks (7.4).

R: Hi, I don't often do this, but I thought you were cute and wanted to say Hi. My name is Raccoon. *reach out my hand*
G: Oh, thank you. [Image: smile.gif] My name is 'Approach#10'. *shakes*
R: I have a question for you. Are there any book shops around here?
G: Yeah, there is BMV up there street.

We kept talking and I prolonged the conversation, and come to a pause. I told her, I am a little nervous talking to her because I haven't done it often. She assures me what I am doing is "not creepy", but natural and doing "pretty good". She practically complimented my way of approaching her. We talk about approaching and the anxiety that comes with it. I ask for her #, she says she has a boyfriend and we say our goodbyes. I was feeling nervous and it played a part in the rejection.

I wasn't feeling it after the approach #10. Not one bit. I had about a cup and half of caffeine at Starbucks before I did the approach and I reckon it has a huge impact on my behavior and mood. Also, Approach #8 didn't answer my call, did not bother leaving a voice mail and just texted her.

Quote: (11-08-2014 06:48 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  

Inspirational posts my man. Definately will be starting my 100 soon
stay up dog

Thanks man, you should start ASAP. I will keep an eye out for your thread.

Great stuff, keep it up!

November 10th

Approach #11

It was a rough start, but eventually it all somewhat gelled together.

Walking toward the university of ZXCA. Spot a tight ass in wiggling it's way in front of me. Later I find out she isn't that pretty (face 5.1, body was 7+)

R: Excuse me, how would i get to ZXCA?
G: I am new here, sorry. But I think you are going the right direction.

We have a very brief chat for about 30 seconds as we are walking and she is obviously a lot older so she just parts her way wishing me good luck.

Approach #12

European looking girl. Really pretty (8.5) walking toward me from the subway.

R: Hi, I thought you were quite pretty. I have to stop you and say "hi". My name is Raccoon. *reach for handshake*
G: Thank you. *shakes, but she is a little dispositioned by how I approached and she seemed in a rush (had a quiz she was late for)"
R: What's your name?
G: Approach#12
R: Oh that's Turkish. I know a little Turkish myself.
G: Oh yeah? Like which phrases.

We converse for a little, but it was awkward and she wanted to get to her class. Thanked me for the compliment and declined my offer for going out for a drink. I should have offered a coffee date instead that may have workout better.

Approach # 13

Walked into the a mini-mall because I was rerouted by constructions.
Saw a nice pair of jeans on a white girl. After approaching her she (7.7) is pretty too and friendly.

R: How do I get outta here to GHA street?
G: Yeah, You go go this hall and follow the stairs... blah blah
R: That sounds complicated... *she was terrible at giving directions*
G: You know what, I am going there and I'll take you there.
R: Alright cool. Are you a student? You look quite young
G: No, just graduated last year.
R: Nice... *I start to ask questions*

We walk for about a minute and reach the exit. She starts saying it was nice meeting you, but I tell her my other intent other than seeking for directions. She says "thank you, that's very sweet, but I have a boyfriend.". Fuck... It was nice meeting you too and thank you for your help.

Approach #14

This was a good one! I was so excited when I approached her. She was really friendly and willing to engage in our conversation, but we all know what the theme is today.

R: Hi, question for yah. That bike of your, where did you get it? It looks really nice and durable.
G: Oh, I got it from ZXCV
R: How much was it?

We keep talking, laughing, and good eye contact (I've seen those eyes before, she was getting wet). It last a few minutes, and I go in for the number. Nada! She has a boyfriend... i make a sarcastic remark about how it hurt me, she laughs, and we say our goodbyes.

No numbers at the end of the day. Pretty bumbled by the end.

Update:
Approach #5 texted me. She is acting a little weird, but I am going to ask her for coffee.

Very interesting thread, will read what's next. [Image: smile.gif]