rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What woman from the 1950s makes modern women look like the losers they are?

Sophia Loren:

[Image: sophia-loren-wallpaper_1804_14759.jpg]

This woman was powerful, beautiful, and amazing. When I look at modern Feminists...dumpy, weak, neurotic...I wonder how any woman can possibly see the last 50 years of Feminism as anything except a huge fail.

Note that she married her husband at 15 and stayed married for life.

WB, furiously.

This is one of the reason's why I like watching older movies: the women look like women should look. Long hair, small faces, no manjaws, big tits, and a sexy hourglass figure. I'm a big fan of the whole James Bond series, and if you watch the earlier movies, you see classic femininity. Now it's all devolved into garbage. I absolutely hate the whole modern way of treating the female lead in movies. Of course now, she's the "indispensable sidekick" who's just as valuable as the main male character, not to mention being able to kick all the ass that the man can. Thanks, but no thanks. If you want my money to see your movie, you better bring it back to her being the sexy ditz companion.

[Image: 121102094945-bond-girls-daniela-bianchi-...allery.jpg]

Now that's a woman.

Grace Kelly

[Image: attachment.jpg22466]   

I think I got my first boner watching High Noon as a kid when she first came on screen.

There is a certain natural beauty to them. No plastic surgery, they aren't posing, or at least not in a contrived duck-face sort of way. Their clothing is tasteful and feminine.

My understanding is that when these women were in their prime, many people in the United States considered women from places like Russia and the Ukraine to be fat slobs and far inferior to American women. Why did the tables turn? Beta males, more than anything else. American guys started slacking and all hell broke loose.

Natalie Wood, in the 50's and 60's.

[Image: Natalie_Wood1.jpg]

[Image: 4849c53475cc6a08f9447b03014faf01.jpg]

She's got the neck they keep trying to pretend Jennifer Lawrence has via Photoshop.

While I am skeptical of her angelic image, but never looked into it, Audrey Hepburn has easily the prettiest face I have ever seen. And suffered genuine terror and potential harm as a child in occupied Belgium. 2 points for her.

[Image: attachment.jpg22467]   

Elizabeth Taylor was sexy as fuck.

[Image: elizabeth-taylor-19207.jpg]

Audrey Hepburn, although she's not my favourite I appreciate how feminine she looks. Girls seem to idolize her, but why don't they idolize the part about her being thin and lack of tattoo's.
[Image: 269443608_7b7b4a9994.jpg]

Polish/Soviet actress Barbara Brylska. Unparalleled femininity and grace.

[Image: e5d53cf5-58ed-4542-ac31-6043de9efb26_zpsebe73bfd.jpg]
[Image: d63acd05-2448-4d5c-b1e9-4cf49bf9f555_zpsbf67a6ed.jpg]

Natalie Wood -- 10 in my book.

[Image: 5-natalie-wood-1960s-everett.jpg]

Sean Connery banged all these women :3

Quote: (11-04-2014 12:04 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Audrey Hepburn, although she's not my favourite I appreciate how feminine she looks. Girls seem to idolize her, but why don't they idolize the part about her being thin and lack of tattoo's.

What do they idolize about her exactly? Because I see none of it taken into practice. Unless getting divorced counts.

Shelley Fabares!!!

She was the teenage daughter from "The Donna Reed" show who went on to star in Elvis movies and marry music producer Lou Adler (The Mama's and the Papa's).

In college, I used to be obsessed with old Nick at Nite reruns of "The Donna Reed Show" because of Shelley. Years later, I interviewed Paul Petersen, who played the brother on that show and when I mentioned this he was like "I don't blame you, we all loved her!"

Here is a photo montage video of Shelley set to her song "Lost Summer Love." The song was a total non-hit (didn't chart at all, in fact), but I think it's the best thing she ever cut and is even sort of soulful:

I'm sure she was wall-bound by the's 50's, but I loooooved Paulette Goddard in the Charlie Chaplin films in the late 30's to early 40's. I was like 8, 9 maybe 10 when I used to watch them with my grandfather.

She just moved differently. Very, very feminine.

My grandpa, born in 1915, used to have a crush on her when he was in his 20's. He had good taste. And my grandma was 13 years his junior. He did well.

[Image: goddardpaulette03.jpg]

[Image: 600full-paulette-goddard.jpg]

Quote: (11-04-2014 01:44 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Shelley Fabares!!!

She was the teenage daughter from "The Donna Reed" show who went on to star in Elvis movies and marry music producer Lou Adler (The Mama's and the Papa's).

In college, I used to be obsessed with old Nick at Nite reruns of "The Donna Reed Show" because of Shelley. Years later, I interviewed Paul Petersen, who played the brother on that show and when I mentioned this he was like "I don't blame you, we all loved her!"

Here is a photo montage video of Shelley set to her song "Lost Summer Love." The song was a total non-hit (didn't chart at all, in fact), but I think it's the best thing she ever cut and is even sort of soulful:

Five thumbs up for Shelley. I forgot about her.

I wonder why a girl wouldn't want to be like her? It'd be so much easier and fun, too, I would think. I mean you can't stuff your face 24/7 and tats are out.

Quote: (11-03-2014 11:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

My understanding is that when these women were in their prime, many people in the United States considered women from places like Russia and the Ukraine to be fat slobs and far inferior to American women. Why did the tables turn? Beta males, more than anything else. American guys started slacking and all hell broke loose.

I think it's the fact that a lot of our movies in the US take so long to be released in Europe. Now I could be wrong about that nowadays with the Internet, but remember that scene from eurotrip?

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (11-04-2014 01:30 AM)dholland662 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-04-2014 12:04 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

What do they idolize about her exactly? Because I see none of it taken into practice. Unless getting divorced counts.

Allegedly it's her elegance and style, that they were her own personal style which she stuck with for most of her life. Which is rather ironic given mindlessly trying to imitate someone who preached independence is rather like that moment in Life of Brian where Brian reminds the crowd they don't have to follow anyone, which the crowd mindlessly repeats back to him.

That and she's sort of an anti-blonde, I think, clung to like a teddy for all those brunettes out there who want to look Nordic rather than be who they are.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Bit earlier than the 50's, but Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara:

[Image: Vivien-Leigh-MGM--440670.jpg]
Making the south rise again since 1939

Not just because of her looks, but also because she's such a wilful, spirited little spitfire that it'd be all the more satisfying to give her a good seeing to.

Of course, you guys are forgetting the obvious answer: Marilyn Monroe.

[Image: marilyn-monroe-sever-year-itch-white-dress-color.jpg]

Lauren Bacall married Humphrey Bogart:

[Image: Lauren-Bacall-001.jpg]

Jane Russell might have been a little earlier than the 1950's:

[Image: Jane_Russell_Swimsuit.jpg]

Quote: (11-04-2014 04:14 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

Of course, you guys are forgetting the obvious answer: Marilyn Monroe.

[Image: marilyn-monroe-sever-year-itch-white-dress-color.jpg]

I never liked Marilyn Monroe.

I'm not a fan of the platinum blonde look, and she laid on the sex kitten act a bit too thick for my tastes... she was obviously going for naive/girlish/sexy but came across as mildly stoned and moderately retarded to me.

A girl doesn't need to be a rocket scientist or anything to get my attention, but I don't want to feel obliged to take her to the zoo, either.

Marilyn Monroe is one of the largest producers of hamster food on earth. Her quotes ("can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!") are suicide-inducing.

Yeah, but if you watch her in the movies, there is something so attractive about Marilyn: body, face and mannerism. She is the archetype for the doomed crazy woman who dooms men. A real siren.

Married to Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller, can't imagine a more disparate duo.

But my vote is for

[Image: tumblr_na8096sz3s1s28ooro1_500.gif]

even though she was a little past peak in the 1950s.

This is a fragment from a mega popular cult move from behind Iron curtain in 1967. The girl in this video became a trope of perfect woman in Soviet Union and holds this trope in all post-soviet countries to this very day.

Technically not the same decade but I thought it relevant to show here.

"sportsmenka komsomolka i prosto krasavica" is the trope you better know if you are learning Russian or you will miss thousands of inside jokes and opportunities to flirt.

When I watch this video I get a teardrop in the corner of my eye because of nostalgia and because she displays a level of youthful innocence and playful naivete that is nearly inconceivable in the present generation and is a hallmark of an era long gone.

Julie Newmar,

5'11, all legs.

[Image: Julie-Newmar.jpeg]

most of her voice acting was as she got older, but that voice..she could read the jezebel articles out loud and I'd have a boner.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV