rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cyprus

Cyprus

Thought I would start a thread about it as the Ayia Napa thread is limited and paints a rather negative (if accurate) portrayal of the place.

The island itself is very pleasant and relaxing.

I checked out Larnaka, Cape Greco, Ayia Napa, Limassol, Pathos, Nicosia and crossed into Turkish part there and went to Kyrenia.

If anyone has any questions about any of these places, let me know.

Long story short if you want to check out the island is - make Limassol your base in the Greek part of the island and hire a car. You will need it.

If you go to the Turkish part of the island, make Kyrenia your base.

Cyprus

Is there any nightlife on the Island that isn't a total tourist trap? I'm seriously thinking of going next month but it sounded like everyone was making Cyprus synonymous with Ayia Napa.

Cyprus

delete

Cyprus

Quote: (04-11-2011 09:15 AM)Yams Wrote:  

Is there any nightlife on the Island that isn't a total tourist trap? I'm seriously thinking of going next month but it sounded like everyone was making Cyprus synonymous with Ayia Napa.

Yeah go to Limassol.

There you will find a mix of local people and a suprising amount of russian, ukranian and lithuanian chicks.

My favourite bar was in the old port and is called 'Chaplins'. Nearby you will find Colombia plaza which is a small shopping mall. The bar on the 2nd floor has either live music or fairly decent salsa nights.

The street that the plaza is on is called Andreou and has a bunch of small lounge bars.

For accomodation the budget hotel you should stay at is on the same street and is called Luxor Guesthouse.

Cyprus

BUMP!
I've read the above and thanks to all who contributed.
Hitting Cyprus in a little over two weeks. Any other recommendations / itineraries?
Will report back.

@ Lumiere: Any good info on Nicosia or Lanarka?

Cyprus

It's 4am in Cyprus and I want to rant!

Cyprus is a logistical nightmare. There is only one hostel in the whole of Southern Cyprus!

Day 1: Sleep because didn't sleep the night before leaving...

Day 2: Make out with Cypriot chick... she's a little conservative. Day 2 TBC

Day 3: Stay in and do research proposal. Masters + vacation = stupid.

Day 4: Pick up Russian (potential new flag), things are going aces. Bring her back to hostel. Receptionist refuses her entry. WTF!? ARHH!!! About to go upstairs and wank.

In case you're wondering, yes I am drunk. But anyway....curse you Aphrodites of Cyprus!!! God of love, shall I know the taste of vaginal nectar on this trip?

I have only 4 nights left... bad luck be plaguing me...

Cyprus

Hows the weather though?

Cyprus

Fuck the weather! (awesome though)

My rant above, was my nadir... but now I sail on a crest.

Friends, vagabonds, fellow flaggers...

[Image: banana.gif] Mission accomplished. [Image: banana.gif]

Day 5: Cyprus flag captured!!! [Image: pimp.gif]

[Image: cyprus-flag.gif]
That was one the hardest yet.
I've never in my life had a girl put so much resistance.
Cypriot chicks don't put on easy at all... especially SNL. The guys here tell me it usually take 5-7 dates. But, I kept it tight. No caveman, just textbook anti-LMR tactics.. pure game. After a grueling 3+ hours of push-pull in bed. I finally plunged my dick into that sweet Cypriot pussy. What a feeling... (my balls are fucking killing me though)

Write up coming soon...

Cyprus

Not so fast. Cyprus is a two flagger.

[attachment=3530]
[attachment=3531]

Cyprus

Aya napa is the place to hit in the summer time. topless beaches.

Cyprus

Quote: (11-09-2011 10:15 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Not so fast. Cyprus is a two flagger.

Depends on your politics... well Greek Cypriot then. No Turkish Cypriot yet...and unlikely I'm only spending a day (not a night) in the north.

Aya napa is dead around now..

Cyprus

Quote: (11-09-2011 10:02 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

No caveman, just textbook anti-LMR tactics.. pure game. After a grueling 3+ hours of push-pull in bed. I finally plunged my dick into that sweet Cypriot pussy. What a feeling... (my balls are fucking killing me though)

Break it down NN. What where the anti lmr tactics other than push pull?

Where did you go if you couldn't take her to your place?

Was with one of my gfs most of the time in Cyprus so did not have a chance to pick up the flag.

Cyprus

@Lumiere: I'll break it down in my next post...

In the meantime... I have FAR more interesting news....

[Image: ir-lgflag.gif]
IRAN FLAG CAPTURED!!!!
[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Cyprus

How did this happen NaughtyNomad?

Cyprus

Quote: (11-12-2011 10:17 AM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

@Lumiere: I'll break it down in my next post...

In the meantime... I have FAR more interesting news....

[Image: ir-lgflag.gif]
IRAN FLAG CAPTURED!!!!
[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Beast.

Cyprus

She's studying in Nicosia. Scored in a place called club Novo - open bar for 15EUR = drunk people everywhere.
She was seriously cute... what were the keys to my success?

After introducing myself in Farsi, I followed with LOADS of heavy kino and high energy.

She was getting a lot of attention off her others however (obviously a serious socialite), so I kept disappearing and flirting with other girls. Then I hit a golden jealous plotline.

I hooked this gorgeous girl (an 8.5)...a half Congolese/half Cypriot. When I told her I was in Goma, Congo (in French), she flipped out... when the Iranian saw this I think sparks when off... I left the halfcast while the going was good a returned to the Persian princess...

We dance / I isolate / We make out / eventually, she asks: "Do you want to come back to my place?"

Done and dusted... [Image: pimp.gif]

Cyprus

Ok gents..

I've competed my respective data sheets for anyone travelling to the country:

Also, here the stories of my Cyprus flag and my Iranian flag.

Overall I can say Cyprus vastly exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it [Image: wink.gif]

Cyprus

I enjoyed it too. I had a girlfriend with me though so no flagging adventures for me.

Cyprus

Hey guys, any of you been staying in Cyprus long term?
There might be an opportunity for me to move to Nicosia for work reasons. For a capital city, the population is really small.
How is the dating scene like, is it only a place to visit for the summer and cliquey/sausage fest all other times, like most of the Southern european Mediterranean countries? The thread on Greece doesnt give much confidence.
Apparently there are quite some foreign influence from Russia, Romania, Bulgaria etc., how does this affect the scene?
Comments on the economy and the culture will also be appreciated.
Cheers

Cyprus

Quote: (04-23-2019 04:00 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

There might be an opportunity for me to move to Nicosia for work reasons. For a capital city, the population is really small.
How is the dating scene like, is it only a place to visit for the summer and cliquey/sausage fest all other times, like most of the Southern european Mediterranean countries? The thread on Greece doesnt give much confidence.
Apparently there are quite some foreign influence from Russia, Romania, Bulgaria etc., how does this affect the scene?
Cheers

Cyprus total population is a little less than 1 million. Northern part of the country is occupied by the muslim horde. The conflict is frozen (it won't affect you in any way). It is actually one of the safest places in the world, with very low crime rate.

If you have a job paying you well, coupleld with the Mediterranean lifestyle (sunny weather most of the time, great food, laid back culture etc) Cyprus can offer one of the highest quality of life in Europe IMO.

There are 2 livable cities in Cyprus - Nicosia and Limassol. Everywhere else is practically a small town and can be safely ignored. Limassol and Nicosia have things going on all year-round.

Game:

Cypriot girls (especially those living in Cyprus) are very difficult to bang (but not impossible). They are very reluctant to fuck non-Cypriots, they are cautious of their image (Cyprus is a tiny place) and they are very relationship-oriented. Also social circle game is big here. I'd say average Cypriot girl 18-30 has had 5-6 dicks or less.

The good news for you is even though Cyprus' population is 1m, Cyprus had over 4m tourists last year. Cyprus (especially in the summer) is excellent for game and very target-rich.

You can safely disregard the Cypriot girls and go for the THOUSANDS of European & Russian women living in Cyprus.

There is a big distinction between Nicosia,and the coastal cities (especially Limassol). Nicosia is the worst for game, Limassol the best. Nicosia is more of a 'Cypriot' city, Limassol is more of an 'international' city.

Keep in mind driving from Nicosia to Limassol takes less than 1 hour.

Tinder is dead here.

General comments:
There are many international people living permanently/working in Cyprus, majority European/Russian. The 3 biggest communities in Cyprus are Brits, Greeks, and Russians.

Cypriots are quite openly racist people, in the literal sense of the word (they love white Christian people, they openly hate on muslims/africans/arabs etc)

Clubbing in Cyprus is big if you are into it - some of the nicest clubs in the world.

Most Cypriots are fluent in English so you will have zero communication problems.

There is not much public transportation, you'll need to buy/rent a car.

---

If you want any specific information, ask me.

Cyprus

The King is pretty much on point.

The dating scene is probably the hardest I've seen outside of conservative Asian countries. Everyone knows each other so this drives down any liberal attitudes and ONS as people are mindful of their public behaviour.

Tinder is also dead.

Cypriot girls are generally cool but the liberal ones have been around and the conservative ones hold out for Cypriots.

You also have the problem of language barrier. The conservative attitude means less leeway to offset language barriers with touch. The bypass to this is clubbing and alcohol (surprise).

Your best bet is meeting students who can flirt in English and not misunderstand what you're saying. Being bold can be tricky in Cyprus too.

Social circle is king and is the most fundamental. I had a datasheet and some other PMs but basically, don't move there and expect girls to be easy.

A lot of resistance, a massive lack of interest from girls and shitty ratios at clubs.

Summer, naturally, is the best for meeting girls and winter has a massive lull.

For what it's worth, the lifestyle there is second to none and I would retire there with a woman, 100%.

Finding a woman there though is an uphill battle and the dating scene is pretty boring. Girls are boring and predictable too but also pretty decent as they really care about their appearance.

Most of the Russians are in Limassol and the problem here is that the diaspora is so big that they are also cliquey and hang out exclusively with Russians. Another language barrier issue too.

The ones that don't are the ones who grew up there, going to private schools.

Social circle and cliqueyness is widespread.

Cyprus

I had a job offer in Cyprus a few years ago that I turned down because I thought the island would be awfully quiet in Winter. Which seems to be what the.king/Noir experienced. Its a shame, because the quality of life there really does seem to be amazing.

Did you guys find any sort of English speaking expat scene, outside of the summer short term tourists? Or was it just all Russians?

Cyprus

Quote: (04-24-2019 01:33 AM)the.king Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2019 04:00 PM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Cheers

Cyprus total population is a little less than 1 million. Northern part of the country is occupied by the muslim horde. The conflict is frozen (it won't affect you in any way). It is actually one of the safest places in the world, with very low crime rate.

If you have a job paying you well, coupleld with the Mediterranean lifestyle (sunny weather most of the time, great food, laid back culture etc) Cyprus can offer one of the highest quality of life in Europe IMO.

There are 2 livable cities in Cyprus - Nicosia and Limassol. Everywhere else is practically a small town and can be safely ignored. Limassol and Nicosia have things going on all year-round.

Game:

Cypriot girls (especially those living in Cyprus) are very difficult to bang (but not impossible). They are very reluctant to fuck non-Cypriots, they are cautious of their image (Cyprus is a tiny place) and they are very relationship-oriented. Also social circle game is big here. I'd say average Cypriot girl 18-30 has had 5-6 dicks or less.

The good news for you is even though Cyprus' population is 1m, Cyprus had over 4m tourists last year. Cyprus (especially in the summer) is excellent for game and very target-rich.

You can safely disregard the Cypriot girls and go for the THOUSANDS of European & Russian women living in Cyprus.

There is a big distinction between Nicosia,and the coastal cities (especially Limassol). Nicosia is the worst for game, Limassol the best. Nicosia is more of a 'Cypriot' city, Limassol is more of an 'international' city.

Keep in mind driving from Nicosia to Limassol takes less than 1 hour.

Tinder is dead here.

General comments:
There are many international people living permanently/working in Cyprus, majority European/Russian. The 3 biggest communities in Cyprus are Brits, Greeks, and Russians.

Cypriots are quite openly racist people, in the literal sense of the word (they love white Christian people, they openly hate on muslims/africans/arabs etc)

Clubbing in Cyprus is big if you are into it - some of the nicest clubs in the world.

Most Cypriots are fluent in English so you will have zero communication problems.

There is not much public transportation, you'll need to buy/rent a car.

---

If you want any specific information, ask me.

Quote: (04-24-2019 02:03 AM)Noir Wrote:  

The King is pretty much on point.

The dating scene is probably the hardest I've seen outside of conservative Asian countries. Everyone knows each other so this drives down any liberal attitudes and ONS as people are mindful of their public behaviour.

Tinder is also dead.

Cypriot girls are generally cool but the liberal ones have been around and the conservative ones hold out for Cypriots.

You also have the problem of language barrier. The conservative attitude means less leeway to offset language barriers with touch. The bypass to this is clubbing and alcohol (surprise).

Your best bet is meeting students who can flirt in English and not misunderstand what you're saying. Being bold can be tricky in Cyprus too.

Social circle is king and is the most fundamental. I had a datasheet and some other PMs but basically, don't move there and expect girls to be easy.

A lot of resistance, a massive lack of interest from girls and shitty ratios at clubs.

Summer, naturally, is the best for meeting girls and winter has a massive lull.

For what it's worth, the lifestyle there is second to none and I would retire there with a woman, 100%.

Finding a woman there though is an uphill battle and the dating scene is pretty boring. Girls are boring and predictable too but also pretty decent as they really care about their appearance.

Most of the Russians are in Limassol and the problem here is that the diaspora is so big that they are also cliquey and hang out exclusively with Russians. Another language barrier issue too.

The ones that don't are the ones who grew up there, going to private schools.

Social circle and cliqueyness is widespread.

Quote: (04-24-2019 06:12 AM)zatara Wrote:  

I had a job offer in Cyprus a few years ago that I turned down because I thought the island would be awfully quiet in Winter. Which seems to be what the.king/Noir experienced. Its a shame, because the quality of life there really does seem to be amazing.

Did you guys find any sort of English speaking expat scene, outside of the summer short term tourists? Or was it just all Russians?

Appreciate the confirmation. Pretty much sums up the situation as go to Cyprus to Party or Settle down with your other half but nothing in between. For the case of Nicosia, if you factor out the Turkish side, the population is maybe 60K? Its pretty much a town.
BUT, isn't Nicosia a big student town with several universities? Is it easy to get into a social circle as a foreigner for someone genuinely interest in learning the local culture? I imagine the Language will still be another obstacle, though most locals speak english.

@the king, when you say Nikosia has things going on year round, being away from the beach and all, what are you referring to especially in the winter season? Is it more of a family oriented scene?

The King mentions night clubs are good but Noir says that the ratios aren't the best there, so I can only assume its the kind of place to get wasted with friends. I have a hunch that most of the local guys are the kind to get all worked up when it comes to foreigners chatting the girls up, understandable given the ratios. It will be interesting to know how the turkish cypriots are being treated when they are on a night out in the Greek side esp in Nicosia.

I agree that Cypriot girls are very traditional in nature from what I have experienced in Western europe, most of them are just wanting to have a family. Though I can say that those who moved are willing to date outside their ethnicity and don't really wish to return back soon because of the hardships/losses their families faced during the displacement.

@zatara, I have heard that there are a lot of brits staying there long term but most of them are guys who moved with family for work or are retired.

Cyprus

Quote: (04-24-2019 09:13 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

@zatara, I have heard that there are a lot of brits staying there long term but most of them are guys who moved with family for work or are retired.

Yeah, everything I read/heard about Cyprus suggested that there weren't many English speaking expats in the "fun" 23-38 year old range unfortunately. Either for making friends or dating. Thats the magic decade-ish for a good expat social scene in my experience.

Though I never made the move because of that so I could be way off - its why I'm curious to hear how Noir/the.king got on with that side of things, if the facts on the ground match the reputation.

Cyprus

Quote: (04-24-2019 06:12 AM)zatara Wrote:  

Quote: (04-24-2019 02:39 PM)zatara Wrote:  

Quote: (04-24-2019 09:13 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

Yeah, everything I read/heard about Cyprus suggested that there weren't many English speaking expats in the "fun" 23-38 year old range unfortunately.

Are you talking about native English speakers ?

There are no significant numbers of Americans, Canadians, or Australians/New Zealanders. There is a MASSIVE community of British people but the vast majority of them are retired. They mainly live in Paphos, and in the areas around the 2 British military bases (lots of military and their families live in Cyprus as well, most of them on 3 year deployment contracts etc).

To be honest I can't think of a country where English is not the first language and there is a significant community of young native English speakers.

If you are asking about non-Greek speakers in general, then yes there is a massive number of international people (lots of eastern Europeans/Russians) who communicate in English, a lot of them in the 23-38 age bracket who are working in Cyprus.

This link is EU migration statistics - if you see page 10 you'll see Cyprus has the highest percentage of a non-native population living there across EU (excluding the microstate of Luxemburg). Most of these people communicate in English - especially in the coastal cities there are large numbers of people who don't understand Greek.

From a game perspective, the international talent in Cyprus is good in my opinion. If you live here and you complain about lack of pussy you are just making excuses IMHO.