rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

approaching with limited language skills in Brazil

This might belong in the Travel section, but I recently moved to Brazil from the US, and I have some mixed feelings about my long terms plans. Maybe some of the Brazilian members can chime in.

Quick background:
nonexistent game, modest passive income, average appearance, clumsy yet conversational Portuguese

I understand that simply coming to Brazil isn't going to get me laid and that I need to put in the work. With that said, I have a few questions.

I'm in Rio now, but I'm strongly considering moving to Belo Horizonte for greater language immersion and to decrease cost/improve quality of living. Am I shooting myself in the foot by going to a place where English speakers and tourists are less common? My Portuguese isn't good enough for drawn out conversation. Given my budget, night game is mostly out.

I figure if I approach enough, I'll eventually meet someone that digs my look and won't mind the language barrier. Does it make sense to be direct and establish intent right away, or should I just try to befriend everyone I can for language practice and focus on social circle?

Also, does anyone have any experience going "full-time"? I know everyone has a point where burnout is inevitable, but I've been waiting a long time for this opportunity, and I had the idea in my head that my new 9-to-5 was gonna be chasing tail. Progress may not be linear, but it's definitely a numbers game. Is it realistic to choose a handful of daytime venues and cycle through them day to day, approaching as many girls as possible? Just writing that sounds a little nutty, and I don't want to get called out for being some creepy campus stalker dude, but right now my mindset is go hard or go home.

Here is a quick fix for you.

Download Pimsleur Portugese I. Listen to the first 3-4 lessons. You will now know how to say stuff like "where is __", "my name is ___", "I only speak a little bit of portugese", "Do you speak English?". Use these to try to stop a girl and then use portugese to ask if she can speak english. If she can, then transition into english and try to chat and ask her out for drinks and get her phone number.

But for the long term, picking up the language will give you infinitely more prospects