rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Argentina Accommodations

Argentina Accommodations

Heading to BA this summer and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good short-term accomodation service. I'm looking to keep my rent costs fairly low. I've researched quite a few sites already but the prices seem inflated (esp. considering I can live in a good NYC neighborhood for the similar prices). Also, does anyone know of any decent areas that are cheap yet still safe? Thanks.

Argentina Accommodations

http://www.bairesapartments.com/

Argentina Accommodations

I just had to do this. I found an apartment in Palermo that's $690/mo + 20% commission to the broker = $828/mo. Finding an apartment was a bigger pain in the ass than I was expecting. I was looking for room shares on craigslist for the $300-450 range but I wasn't getting responses back and the few that responded lost interest when they found out I only wanted to stay a month (I guess they're looking for students who'll be here 6mo-1yr). Even when I started looking for studios in the $700-850 range, a lot of the ads I responded to, I never heard back from.

Prices in Palermo are definitely higher, but I liked the area. Recoleta is cheaper and from the times I've been out there late at night, seemed fairly safe. The areas I've heard of being sketchy in Buenos Aires are La Boca and Congreso.

The people I met in hostels that were looking for hostels would just Google "[neighborhood] monoambiente dueño directo" (studio, rental by owner). I tried this but I'd end up with sites that would claim to have units available and then when you'd email them, they say it's not and try to offer you something else. I found SpareRoomBA after I'd already booked my place and it seemed promising so you might want to check that out.

Argentina Accommodations

Quote: (04-05-2011 09:48 PM)Arobin Wrote:  

I just had to do this. I found an apartment in Palermo that's $690/mo + 20% commission to the broker = $828/mo. Finding an apartment was a bigger pain in the ass than I was expecting. I was looking for room shares on craigslist for the $300-450 range but I wasn't getting responses back and the few that responded lost interest when they found out I only wanted to stay a month (I guess they're looking for students who'll be here 6mo-1yr). Even when I started looking for studios in the $700-850 range, a lot of the ads I responded to, I never heard back from.

Prices in Palermo are definitely higher, but I liked the area. Recoleta is cheaper and from the times I've been out there late at night, seemed fairly safe. The areas I've heard of being sketchy in Buenos Aires are La Boca and Congreso.

The people I met in hostels that were looking for hostels would just Google "[neighborhood] monoambiente dueño directo" (studio, rental by owner). I tried this but I'd end up with sites that would claim to have units available and then when you'd email them, they say it's not and try to offer you something else. I found SpareRoomBA after I'd already booked my place and it seemed promising so you might want to check that out.

Hey, thanks for the advice...Yeah the craigslist route seems kind of sketchy. I like the look of the spareroomsba.com site. I'm going to inquire through them and see what they can offer. Were you able to negotiate at all once you were dealing with people face to face? Seems kind of steep for BA, considering I know people that live in Manhattan for around that price, in decent areas too...Either way thanks, and let me know if you're up for running game in May.

Argentina Accommodations

Quote: (04-07-2011 02:50 PM)Canconnexion Wrote:  

Hey, thanks for the advice...Yeah the craigslist route seems kind of sketchy. I like the look of the spareroomsba.com site. I'm going to inquire through them and see what they can offer. Were you able to negotiate at all once you were dealing with people face to face? Seems kind of steep for BA, considering I know people that live in Manhattan for around that price, in decent areas too...Either way thanks, and let me know if you're up for running game in May.

I didn't try to negotiate. Probably should have.

Another thing I've noticed from walking around Palermo is that there are a decent number of realty offices that rent furnished apartments. They seem to skew mostly toward the higher end, but I've seen ads for stuff in Palermo for $600-750, so that's another option.

I'm probably leaving BA when my rental term ends on May 5th, but hit me up if there's overlap between your trip and mine and we can go out and try to find us some Argie chicas.

Argentina Accommodations

There is a good BA thread on the poker 2 plus 2 message board if you want to check it out

Argentina Accommodations

I didn't try to negotiate. Probably should have.

Another thing I've noticed from walking around Palermo is that there are a decent number of realty offices that rent furnished apartments. They seem to skew mostly toward the higher end, but I've seen ads for stuff in Palermo for $600-750, so that's another option.

I'm probably leaving BA when my rental term ends on May 5th, but hit me up if there's overlap between your trip and mine and we can go out and try to find us some Argie chicas.
[/quote]

Thanks again bro. I'll hit you up to see if you're still around...If not good luck!!

Argentina Accommodations

Quote: (04-10-2011 02:05 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

There is a good BA thread on the poker 2 plus 2 message board if you want to check it out

Hey Lumiere, where can I find that thread? New to this forum!

Argentina Accommodations

i got a nice monoambiente in recoleta / barrio norte at USD650 a month. also another monoambiente in san telmo for USD220 a week

drop me a line to [email protected] for more info

Argentina Accommodations

I rented from a company called kuke apartments in Buenos Aires. Eugenia Aguerreberry and her mother run this business. Her mother kept some of the deposit over bullshit. She charged me for something that I did not break -- it was already broken. At checkout time I was super tired...was up all night partying. I was too tired to fight with her over it, so I just said fuck it. Really strange she would to that, I was a cool tenant. At her request, I watered her plants and helped her with something else. I would avoid.

Argentina Accommodations

landlords here suck by far and large

Argentina Accommodations

Hello!!! I also rented with this company and it went great. She was very helpful and accomodating. Maybe you are confusing with someone else. Are you sure you were not partying and destroyed the apartment??

Argentina Accommodations

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:35 PM)robert Wrote:  

Hello!!! I also rented with this company and it went great. She was very helpful and accomodating. Maybe you are confusing with someone else. Are you sure you were not partying and destroyed the apartment??

Goodbye!!! Are you sure you're not Eugenia Aguerreberry or her mother (from Kuke Apartments in Buenos Aires)?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Argentina Accommodations

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:35 PM)robert Wrote:  

lol'd hard when I read this. "robert" Posts: 1