rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Military conscription conflicting with being alpha?

I'm currently serving my remaining 9 months military conscription. For the record, I hold the rank of lance corporal and the biggest problem I face right now is that I and the other conscripts who aernt officers are constantly being the victims of rank pulling. I've refused to obey orders which were ridiculous from this non commissioned officer and talked myself out of a charge. I've threatened 2 warrant officers with a beating in the toilet (no pun intended) and got charhed with insubordinatiuon which were dropped because there was no proof. How would you handle this in an alpha manner, if you had to be conscripted in the army and had to deal with beta rank pullers constantly? Input from anyone who has been a conscript would be useful. Thanks in advance.

I'm still trying to figure that out. As a junior enlisted soldier, I can say that the U.S. Army is all about alpha posturing but you're always someone's bitch. You just have to maintain your inner frame. Hopefully that resilience you develop with putting up with so much shit will build you (and all of us in the service) into a a stronger more Alpha male.

I'm domiciled in singapore (small country in south east Asia roughly 400km of land space); we will never go to war with anyone, so our military is just for show.

Our military is roughly 35% conscripts, 40%reserves, 25% military regulars.

So unlike the us military, there's really no point in making the military your career (fun fact: highest ranking officer is a 3 star general).

That being said, the only reason why these guys have made the military their career is because they can't get employed in the private sector (this is largely the case for the non commissioned officers). Conscript bullying is a commonplace occurrence and the bullshit thing about any military organisation is that you have to respect the persons rank even if he is a complete beta chode, overweight and in his 40s; even if you are better than him but hold a lower rank.

And yeah, being someone's bitch is a pain in the arse

Definitely maintain a strong frame.

A lot of people with power in the military try to see if they can get under your skin. They feed off it. Don't give them that satisfaction. Be a rock-dont show emotion. People dont argue with walls that don't respond back.

Be able to decipher between bullshit and real tasks. It's obvious when someone is just trying to fuck with you.

Delegate-give undesirable tasks to someone more junior. New guys expect to do some bitch work.

You only have 9 months left. Stay the course.
-Get an honorable discharge and move on to something else.
-Use your experience any way you can to better yourself. (military benefits, job resume, etc.)

Quote: (10-16-2014 02:30 AM)Alexanderthelarge Wrote:  

I'm currently serving my remaining 9 months military conscription. For the record, I hold the rank of lance corporal and the biggest problem I face right now is that I and the other conscripts who aernt officers are constantly being the victims of rank pulling. I've refused to obey orders which were ridiculous from this non commissioned officer and talked myself out of a charge. I've threatened 2 warrant officers with a beating in the toilet (no pun intended) and got charhed with insubordinatiuon which were dropped because there was no proof. How would you handle this in an alpha manner, if you had to be conscripted in the army and had to deal with beta rank pullers constantly? Input from anyone who has been a conscript would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Tuck a little piece of you away, do what you have to and put up with what you can.

You're on short time now.

I was in the Army for 4 years and hated every goddamn second of it. I don't know how I made it out of there without assaulting a superior.

FIDO- Fuck It Drive ON

That's how you survive.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

There is a time to follow and there is a time to lead.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (10-16-2014 11:30 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Tuck a little piece of you away, do what you have to and put up with what you can.

You're on short time now.

I was in the Army for 4 years and hated every goddamn second of it. I don't know how I made it out of there without assaulting a superior.

Damn good advice. Also remember that even God-Complexed lower officers get shit on by someone else. I was in a major headquarters in a combat zone a few years ago. I was in civilian clothes so no one was paying me any attention. I was headed up a stair well when I heard a thunderous " Get the fuck out of the way". I stepped to the side of the passageway and turned to watch a two star general sprint past me with his arms filled with papers and his aide trying to keep up. He turned over his shoulder and screamed to his aide to hurry up proclaiming that " If we don't get there now the boss is going to kick my ass". Really put a lot of my career in perspective for me.

That's the thing I'm having a hard time with, tucking a little piece of me away. This is what goes through my mind whenever someone who's higher ranking tries to tell me what to do 'why should I do what you say? I have more money, am better looking, I'm bigger and stronger, I'm more red pill than you &c' what sucks the most is being bossed around by the female officers who are old virgins.

You are a soldier. Follow orders and dont dishonour your rank by being a puss about it.

You are not supposed to like it, you are not supposed to agree with it, you are not supposed to show superiors how its done or school them with your alpha masculine vibe.

You are supposed to obey.

Or tell me that you have always, all the time, been cool, reasonable and friendly to your platoon?

Because if you have, then let me tell you that you are not being a good officer. Officer Friendly is the first one to be disrespected. Officer Shut Your Fucking Mouth, in the other hand, gets shit done.

Quote: (10-17-2014 03:22 AM)germanico Wrote:  

You are a soldier. Follow orders and dont dishonour your rank by being a puss about it.

You are not supposed to like it, you are not supposed to agree with it, you are not supposed to show superiors how its done or school them with your alpha masculine vibe.

You are supposed to obey.

Or tell me that you have always, all the time, been cool, reasonable and friendly to your platoon?

Because if you have, then let me tell you that you are not being a good officer. Officer Friendly is the first one to be disrespected. Officer Shut Your Fucking Mouth, in the other hand, gets shit done.

While volumes have been written on leadership in both combat and non-combat alike, I feel like it is important to caveat the above.

If you are in a leadership position you are no ones friend. At the end of the day you're in charge. You will have tough calls to make. But at the same time it takes balance in your approach. It's outside of human nature for someone to put their best effort forth for someone whom they despise. Balance in all things. Be a fucking people person.

However, while I don't know the specific army OP is serving in; conscripts tend to remain at low rank until they commit to more than their required time in service. The OP needs to remember that if he was conscripted he didn't ask to be there. However, he can still ruin his life if he fucks it up. He needs to finish his time, build relationships that will help him later in life, and make plans for the future. It seems that military life doesn't suit him.

"All great leaders walk alone" - A great quote by Henry Kissinger, speaking about the even greatest Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

And I agree. You might not like it there, and theres a huge probability that you have a greater call in life, but you didnt chose to be there, make the best out of it, and be of service to both those above and below you, for they might be of service to you later in life.

First of all I didn't ask to be lectured on how to be a obedient soldier; I asked a specific question on how to be alpha in spite of the position my circumstances have forced me to be in.

Second of all, when did I say I was an officer? I specifically said that I hold the rank of lance corporal.

The answer is simple. You don't be alpha; your position is, by definition, not alpha at all. If you are put in charge of a team, fine, be alpha to them. But trying to butt heads with people who can fuck you over legally is dumb as hell. Might as well ask "how can I be alpha with the cops at a traffic stop?" The cops are going to win, period, just like the higher ranking people will win in the military. Pick your battles.

All you're going to do by trying to be alpha is piss everyone off and draw attention to yourself, which will just make your life less enjoyable. If you are being legitimately mistreated use your chain of command to resolve the issue, but otherwise just suck it up, do what you're told, and get out as soon as possible.

Me alpha. Fuck authority. Rawr growl huh huh.

Quote: (10-17-2014 06:25 AM)Alexanderthelarge Wrote:  

First of all I didn't ask to be lectured on how to be a obedient soldier; I asked a specific question on how to be alpha in spite of the position my circumstances have forced me to be in.

People told you how to "be alpha", being alpha does not mean shitting on everyone. Know your place and stick to it, suck it up in your last few months and you'll be okay.

It seems like you want someone to tell you what you want to hear. In that case go to your mirror.

Hey guys, some guy at the donut shop stared at me. How do I keep it Alpha?

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Been to the military for 2 years and I still don't understand how I didn't murder my lieutenant.

My advice is to try and find a ''work place'' in the military. An office assistant if possible to a high rank member. Be excellent at whatever task he puts you through. Make your self needed. Be exclusive to your ''master'' and he will be exclusive to you.

If low ranking officers see that you work for a much higher ranking officer and basically you are close to him most of the time, they are not going to bother you a lot. When they see you stepping out of the commander's office with a sealed folder, for example, nobody is going to question what are you doing, where are you going or do other people's chores.

At least that is how I kept my sanity...

Quote: (10-17-2014 01:09 PM)Andreas Wrote:  

Been to the military for 2 years and I still don't understand how I didn't murder my lieutenant.

My advice is to try and find a ''work place'' in the military. An office assistant if possible to a high rank member. Be excellent at whatever task he puts you through. Make your self needed. Be exclusive to your ''master'' and he will be exclusive to you.

If low ranking officers see that you work for a much higher ranking officer and basically you are close to him most of the time, they are not going to bother you a lot. When they see you stepping out of the commander's office with a sealed folder, for example, nobody is going to question what are you doing, where are you going or do other people's chores.

At least that is how I kept my sanity...

Yeah that is what i did, become an expert on arcane personnel and pay regulations.

What you do is cultivate someone in the chain of command above you, basically game them and get their support. All you need is one who's powerful enough to ask questions if you're getting fucked over by the rest.

I was rebellious in high school, hooked a lot, came to school with a few beers in me.

Later, I was on a bus in basic training, driving by rows of tanks. That and the experience of drill sergeants made me realize I was not going to beat the Army, so I decided to play the game and it worked out very well for me. Can't say I enjoyed the experience, but by the end of my time I was set up pretty well.

Quote: (10-17-2014 06:25 AM)Alexanderthelarge Wrote:  

Second of all, when did I say I was an officer? I specifically said that I hold the rank of lance corporal.
You either hack it out..or you pack your bags.
Don't get this alpha bullshit wrapped in your head.

You're a Lplc.You aren't even a Sergeant...You don't have any rank to pull.. Suck it up and keep the grinder moving till you get out.

If you really have a problem with orders...there are many ways to try to get your point across.
Instead of beating your chest...Why don't you speak to your superiors in a calm way. Suggest alternate paths.
There is no way threatening a person with more status that you ever works.
Not in real life and not in the military.

Real some books like.. How to Win Friends & Influence People
Or an NCO handbook.

Learn to deal with your superiors in a way that makes them want to help make your life better.
Game them in a sense...or accept that you might be cleaning toilets for 9 months

I am the cock carousel

For everyone who's not mandated to be in the military, I'm curious as to why you would voluntarily join the service?--to be treated as shit and yelled at by subpar human beings

You express my biggest complaint over the manosphere: the alpha and beta debate.

Your constantly the victims of rank pulling? No shit, your new. Move up in the ranks.

Threatening senior ranking members with physical assault? Not only do I not believe you, but those acts will quickly limit your futuer career aspects to flipping burgers at McDonalds, you can go be "alpha" there, and when they fire your ass go over the Burger King and make minimum wage there.

Straight up, you sound like a punk. You dont understand what being alpha is. Like a little Chihuahua that barks at every other dog. A chihuahua can bark at a pitbull all day, and the pitbull can take it, until the day the pit snaps and that chihuahua gets a taste of reality.

Do your time, follow your orders, and then do better things with your life. Getting into fights and arguing with senior enlisted and officers is nothing but "faking it till you make it". And with an attitude like that your going to fake your way straight back into servitude, just on the civilian side.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

How to be alpha as a lance corporal in the military:

Step 1: deck the next superior officer that gives you shit. Repeat process with any and all responding MPs.
Step 2: roll your eyes constantly during the court martial.
Step 3: rape guys in military prison.

Otherwise, it's like everyone else said. In military or business, you're automatically the bitch of those who outrank you.

So let me get this straight; following orders and being submissive in the context of a military organisation is considered alpha?

Quote: (10-17-2014 11:09 PM)Alexanderthelarge Wrote:  

So let me get this straight; following orders and being submissive in the context of a military organisation is considered alpha?

you need to forget the term "alpha" until you get more life experience. ALpha is the most damaging word in the manosphere.

Doing your job as best as you can possibly do it is called being a man.

be a man.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Fair enough. But just to refute your point about frying burgers; I'm going to law school after I'm done with this crap. And I am a punk thank you very much; got 15 months criminal probation which will end in january.