rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are the RVF health must have items?

I have started drinking apple cider vinegar and am going to research Zinc more before I order some. Are there other must have items to keep our bodies in good condition?

-Multivitamin
-Fish Oil Pills
-ECA Stack
-Creatine
-ON Amino Power (Caffeine/BCAA's. I'm cutting so.....)
-Injectible Vitamin B12
etc

You dont really need any
just eat healthy, include fermented foods such as sauerkraut, organic fruits and vegetables, organ meat, bone broth.

*Cold Shower Crew*
*No Fap Crew*
*150+ IQ Crew*

green tea, natto, raw broccoli heads

Baking soda

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (10-15-2014 02:52 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Baking soda

That and:

To put it shortly: You take orthomolecular doses by good producers (very important) like Swanson, Nowfoods, Youngevity, Awesomesupplements, Nutrivene etc.

The most important ones are:

- Multivitamin - high-potency one
- Vitamin D3 5000IU - if not enough sun exposure
- Magnesium & Calcium (in high quality) 300mg / 600-1000mg
- EFA - Essential Fatty Acids like Omega 3 - depending on body 500mg to 1500mg daily (average fish is a bit toxic over time - better to us krill or plant-based)
- Zinc 50-70mg as a man
- Vitamin B-12 extra once weekly at doses of 2,5g+
- Vitamin E 400-600IU from ages 30+ (200IU being minimum, but almost all need more)
- Vitamin C prophylactic doses of 2.000-10.000mg daily depending on a variety of factors like age, stress-level, toxicity of food, physical activity, sexual activity (strong immune system protects against STD infection - just fucking someone infected does not make you get it - only if your immune system is not strong enough)
- Amino-Acids - best all 20 of them in doses of 500mg to 3000mg depending on workout-level and age

There is of course more to it, but those are the main ones. Some producers like Awesomesupplements have many of those included into the Multivitamin, but usually all it takes is couple of tablets and capsules daily.

If you work out a lot then higher doses of L-Creatine etc.

There is no way in hell that your body will be supplied with all the nutrients. The official RDA doses have been criticized even in the 1950s almost instantly for being way too low. Especially vitamins A-K are too low - sometimes 99% too low. Also some trace minerals like zinc, chromium etc. (most available in good multis).

Test it out for a few weeks and I can guarantee you that you will feel a difference.

A multi vitamin would be great to cover most things at once. I'm not sure where to start looking though

This is a very important one that most people don't mention.
Vitamin K2. It is needed for your body to be able to use vitamin d3, and is even more important if you take
vitamin d3 orally. It is also required to absorb calcium, and most people are deficient in it.
Good sources are high quality cheese, butter from grass fed cows, full fat milk, egg yolk, natto.
One of the causes of heart attacks is calcium deposits in your arteries, apparently vit K2 will prevent this.
Make sure it says menaquione 7 on it.
I got a bottle of vitamin K2 with like a 2-3 month supply for 20 bucks.
People always think of calcium when thinking of bone health, but magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin K2 are equally as important.

Milk is an excellent source of protein and calcium. Calcium is important for bone health as you get older.

Rico... Sauve....

Vitamin D3 5000 IU
Opti Zinc 30mg

That's all I'm taking, at the moment. I consider these by far the most important supplements (remember, to take in what you can't get through diet alone).

Quote: (10-15-2014 09:36 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

Milk is an excellent source of protein and calcium. Calcium is important for bone health as you get older.

Myth.

Quote:Quote:

Under scientific scrutiny, the support for the milk myth crumbles. This analysis of 58 published studies shows that the evidence on which U.S. dairy intake recommendations are based is scant,” says Dr. Lanou, lead author of the study. “A clear majority of the studies we examined for this review found no relationship between dairy or dietary calcium intake and measures of bone health. In the remaining reports, the evidence was sketchy. In some, the effects on bone health were small, and in others, the results were confounded by vitamin D intake from milk fortified with vitamin D. To build strong bones and healthy bodies, children need exercise, sunshine, and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables that helps them maintain a healthy body weight.”

There could be other benefits for drinking milk though such as Vit D. It seems only northern Europeans (heritage) can actually break down the lactose as adults.

Quote: (10-16-2014 06:03 AM)berserk Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2014 09:36 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

Myth.

Forget milk - even if you are one of the minority who can break down lactose sufficiently, you have to avoid pasteurized milk like the pest, since the stuff is carcinogenic. Only raw high quality milk has some notable value for the human body - and even that is more in the form of Omega 3 acids / EFAs. Actually the very digestion of milk withdraws calcium from the body. The best sources of calcium are plant based or animal bone meal. They used to add bone meal to bread in the old days in the US (I think until the 1950s), which resulted in bread that was high in essential nutrients. Nowadays you might just as well throw your average bread away or use it as a rare treat in your diet.

And yes - most older folk from 50+ don't get enough calcium, but they rather need multi, D3 (or 1hr good daily sun without sunscreen), K2 (necessary if you take D3) and high quality calcium supplements (forget calcium carbonate - not toxic, but only 10% is absorbed - better is calcium citrate or best calcium amino acid chelated - bound to amino acids). With sufficient doses you get seniors who can retain strong bones until their 100s - no walkers for them.

Check out Krill Oil, i've been taking 1000mg a day for several months. Good for cholesterol. Good supplement to standard fish oil.

Clean water to wash/bathe in and drink.
Good quality food, organic if possible, ruminant meat preferred over other types if you consume animal products.
Fluoride-free toothpaste (Euthymol is recommended if available)

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Foam roller

Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised no one mention the most important RVF supplement of all: Apple Cider Vinegar...

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7518.h...er+vinegar

I take 2 tablespoons with water before every meal.

Dude I said acv in the first post! Haha

Quote: (10-16-2014 08:46 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Dude I said acv in the first post! Haha

My bad man.

Still, the link to that thread should be in here as that is the one of the most important RVF supplements.

A gym membership

I highly recommend the Rogue Fitness and Health blog that Heartiste regularly links to on Twitter. He basically recommends the following for men:

- High quality whey protein
- Fish Oil
- Zinc (Testosterone)
- Magnesium (Longevity/Fights Depression)
- Resveratrol (Longevity)
- Creatine
- Vitamin D
- NAC (alleviates oxidative stress/fights depression)

Anyone that was an athlete/is into lifting and has studied this stuff knows that this is nothing new. All of these, except for Resveratrol and high quality whey, are cheap as shit. Really no excuse not to take these daily.

I would prefer taking only a few pills a day. Is that possible? A multi vitamin, zinc and another one or two?

Coconut oil

Did you get a zebra yet?

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

What's really healthy is fighting 30 white knights

For the gym:
-Gold Standard Whey Protein
-Creatine
-White Flood Pre-Workout

Supplements:
-B Complex
-Vitamin d3/k2
-horny goat weed extract
-theanine (sleep) and sometimes when I take large doses of caffeine
-melatonin (sleep)
-fish oil
-apple cider vinegar
-uni-liver tabs
-horse chestnut for a condition I have (chronic venous insufficiency)
-l-opti-zinc

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest