rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Packing like a Pro for traveling

How bout a tread for tips on packing for those trips to Poosy Paradises. This fellow in the video bellow me has a different method then I have used in the past. However there is no arguing that he managed to get a lot into that smaller suitcase. I just bought a fairly large suitcase today, I am about to pack it now. After watching this video I feel I prally don't even need a suitcase this big.

I have always been told to roll my clothes and it has worked well for me in the past. I do the same things with my jeans as the guy in the video except I put them in first on the bottom of my suitcase..... not sure if there is a real right or wrong way to pack as long as you get everything you want in your suitcase. When I fly to Asia I always try to leave enough room in my suitcase for a small Asian girl or two.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I got the bag from the video and only half the cubes. I like it because I can pick a single t-shirt out, without unpacking everything. Usually I designate one cube for dirty laundry too. This system would also make it easier going through security, in case they choose to randomly search your bag.

I packed so much stuff in my suitcase... I pretty much ran out of things to pack. I'm not even gonna say what all I ended up putting in there cause you kids will make fun of me. My suitcase is all kinds of heavy now so I will have to pay that $75 dollar fee every time I fly. (I guess its still $75 that how much it was last time I flew with a heavy bag)

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

This is the problem that isn't addressed. It doesn't matter if you fit everything in.
Some airlines weigh your carry on.
Even if they don't..you still gotta lug the shit around

I am the cock carousel

Dude in the video has a shit ton of crew-neck t-shirts = beta [Image: lol.gif]

Seriously with AirBnB and washing machines available now more frequently I really try to cut down on the # of shirts and stuff I bring and just try to have enough to wear for a one-week period.

I've also been using these handy air-tight sealer bags that seal the clothes up and take the air out, but only on the long haul flights after than they usually stay in the bottom of my bag as liners.

[Image: 81GrV7QSCBL._UY606_.jpg]

Also use these zippered packing cubes to separate my underwear, shirts and socks:

[Image: 51TOk89yrjL._SS100_.jpg]

You can get this stuff at any Marshall's or TJ Maxx back home for pretty cheap. Toiletry kit is a must too as is a soap-holder (for my chemical free olive oil soap, of course).

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only resource needed:

http://swooptheworld.com/plan-adventure-...ipelining/

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

12 pairs of socks? 12 pairs of underwear?

Quote: (10-04-2014 05:44 AM)Veloce Wrote:  

As far as I'm concerned, this is the only resource needed:

http://swooptheworld.com/plan-adventure-...ipelining/

The only resource you need is a wallet with cash and debit card linked to a fat cash account.

The rest gets purchased when you arrive and gets dumped as when you leave.

Quote: (10-03-2014 11:42 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

My suitcase is all kinds of heavy now so I will have to pay that $75 dollar fee every time I fly. (I guess its still $75 that how much it was last time I flew with a heavy bag)

I got a portable luggage scale, it's turned about to be incredible useful, absolutely worth the extra 100 grams. I highly recommend these, if you fly with a lot of luggage.

[Image: escale-luggage-scale.jpeg]

For everytime I've travelled the next time I travel the less luggage I try to bring.

I mean if you travel from point A to B and stay in B for maybe 2 months and then travel back to A then it might be worth to bring a heavy suitcase or two. For shorter trips or where you don't stay at one place all the time less luggage is gold. Also try to get a suitcase with 4 wheels so you can easily move the suitcase when walking.

I hate the inconsistency of airlines weighing carry on. Sometimes they do (rare) but often not. From full service airlines to budget Asia carriers who only allow 7-10kgs. It's always a gamble.

I used to carry a big suit case but soon realized what a pain that is. Nowadays, I will have a carry on at most with only a few items to get me though the first 2-3 days. Everything can be purchased once on the ground for even cheaper than back home.

Either a small carry in or a back pack with a couple of tee shirts, 1-2 dress shirts, 2pairs of socks and boxers and a couple of shorts and the jeans I'm wearing. My laptop, iPad and passport. Nothing else. You want to be as mobile as possible where you can be ready to be and out the door in under 5 minutes tops.

Toiletries? Don't bother! Once you've reached your destination, go for a walk in your area and hit the local pharmacy and get everything you need for under 10 bucks.

Time and ease of mobility are of the utmost essence guys. No need to carry everything with you, there's absolutely no need to!

I understand not wanting to carry a big suitcase, but who really wants to go underwear shopping in a new country when you have limited time? Shopping (for me anyways) for anything but food is usually a horrible experience which I would rather have close to home.

My trips tend to be longer (2-6 months) and I ALWAYS wish I had brought more stuff.

To avoid paying baggage fees you can always just leave you shit behind. One time I returned home with only a black garbage bag filled with some shit. They wouldn't let me check it so I had to carry it on.

All down to personal preference. Packing extras is like pipelining before you land. Not necessary but takes stress off your shoulders when you get there.
Il always take my favorite cologne/shampoo etc

Delta stuck me with a $200 dollar fee for my bag being over weight... I think hospitals should charge people a $200 fee for being overweight.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

I tried out the compressible eagle creek packing cubes. Not really that helpful, easier to roll clothes up and just let them be. I've been using a large backpack (Patagonia MLC) with good results, I can "one bag" it and it fits under the seat.

The main thing is to take clothes that fast dry. Athletic shorts and Nike Dri-Fit type shirts can be for pajamas, working out, and day to day wear. Bring fast dry underwear and socks, or bring shoes that don't really require socks such as loafers or minimal running sneakers.

For me, a pair of dark jeans, black v-neck and a few T-shirts and a casual to dressy blazer and some leather loafers is pretty good for most anything the world throws at you.

Quote: (10-06-2014 11:45 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Delta stuck me with a $200 dollar fee for my bag being over weight... I think hospitals should charge people a $200 fee for being overweight.

Or maybe Delta should extend that fee to fatasses that fly.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I was able to bring both the Tom Bihn Tri-Star and Brain Bag as carry ons for my United flight from Newark to Manila. These bags are awesome and were packed to the gills.

When I took Philippines Airlines from Manila to Davao they weighed both bags and made me check the Tri-Star for an extra 700 pesos. They let the Brain Bag slide but it weighed more than the Tri-Star.

This high-tech bag has some pretty cool features. It's in development, they are raising money on indiegogo. One possible issue, when the bag is x-rayed at security, I suppose you could get questioned about the concealed electronics within the bag.

This is a classic case of being efficient at inefficient. You don't need to carry all that clothes. I travel with a messenger bag that are about 10L in capacity. I bring 2 v-necks, 3 button downs, 3 underwear, 2 pair of socks, 1 short and the pant I'm wearing. For gadgets I bring the lightest laptop with me (under 3lbs) I carry very little toiletries as I can buy the rest I need on the ground.

I'm packing for a six week Thailand trip now. I gave up on fitting what I wanted to bring into a 35 L backpack, and go with a carry on suitcase (plus a small foldable pack for daytrips) instead.
In that heat I'll sweat so much that I'm likely gonna need 3x t-shirts and underwear every day, and I don't really think I feel like washing every single day. And I also need to bring a pair of jeans and a fleece shirt for where I'm going afterwards (and possibly up north in Thailand as well, looks like the night temperature there might drop below 20 Celsius).

Quote: (11-02-2014 04:08 PM)Stickman Wrote:  

This is a classic case of being efficient at inefficient. You don't need to carry all that clothes. I travel with a messenger bag that are about 10L in capacity. I bring 2 v-necks, 3 button downs, 3 underwear, 2 pair of socks, 1 short and the pant I'm wearing. For gadgets I bring the lightest laptop with me (under 3lbs) I carry very little toiletries as I can buy the rest I need on the ground.
[Image: Cool-Story-Bro-.jpg]
Granted I will admit I packed more than I needed, I am on a 6 month minimum trip so I wanted more than 2 v-necks and 2 pairs of socks.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Quote: (11-02-2014 04:36 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Granted I will admit I packed more than I needed, I am on a 6 month minimum trip so I wanted more than 2 v-necks and 2 pairs of socks.

2 v-necks and 3 button down shirts, thats 5 shirt. If you use quality fabric such as Merino wool, you don't need a lot of clothes because Merino wool won't stink. You can actually wear the same shirt for a week but that's quite a stretch.

The key is to wash your clothes in the sink or in the shower itself every time you shower for convenient.

Quote: (11-02-2014 07:25 PM)Stickman Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2014 04:36 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

2 v-necks and 3 button down shirts, thats 5 shirt. If you use quality fabric such as Merino wool, you don't need a lot of clothes because Merino wool won't stink. You can actually wear the same shirt for a week but that's quite a stretch.

The key is to wash your clothes in the sink or in the shower itself every time you shower for convenient.

I mean you can make it work, and for shorter trips its certainly enough clothes to get you by. But I just decided to instead take to many clothes rather then to try and pack super light.. again my trip is pretty lengthy. Plus I go to the gym 6 days a week.

Washing your clothes in the shower or sink is a pretty handy tip.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

A couple of minor thoughts.

But rather than lugging around bottles of various supplements, I got these 7 day pill trays. Maybe about 6 inches long, 1.5 inch wide and 1 inch deep. They were sort of stuffed so I just used some masking tape to keep it tight. I suggested either a small empty pill bottle or a few small ziplock sandwich bags in case you need to take the pills with a meal or something.

I also suggest a small roll of packing tape and some garbage bags. It will be helpful for bringing back dirty laundry. Or to seal something liquid. Packing tape is good to remove lint if you don't have a lint brush.

Another thing is bringing a resistance band. I brought a 100lb one and while I can't do some exercises with both arms at the same time, I can get a good pump in. Add in some situps, push ups and I am able to maintain some muscle. You can also do leg exercises with these (i.e. squats).

I'd encourage going IF if you are not able to get the full workout you normally get.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2