rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Think you drink a lot? This chart will tell you

From Washington Post. Keep in mind some people under report, which means the non drinkers drink, but the heavy duty drinkers really drink then.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonk...-tell-you/

[Image: drinking.png]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

24 million Americans drink 10 drinks a day?

Jesus. I have maybe 6 a week.

Boom, finally made it to the top decile in something. I'm sending this to my mom.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Just did.

She replied: "At least your brothers a lawyer"

I love her.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Apparently Gerard Depardieu is putting back a dozen bottles of wine these days, and pissing in air plane aisles: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2...ne-per-day

Quote: (09-30-2014 07:58 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

[Image: drinking.png]

[Image: fuckthat.gif]

Holy shit. Over 70 a week is what we used to do in the off season for our sport in college - and feel like degenerates.

I'd say I fit into the 15 a week bracket now, but that's all in one night...

You don't get there till you get there

Finally, I am the 1%.

I have been well over 70 lately but I'm quitting for the month of October. I'm cutting out all junk food and alcohol with no cheat days.

We are the 1%.

Quote: (09-30-2014 09:53 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

I'd say I fit into the 15 a week bracket now, but that's all in one night...

This is what I am talking about [Image: lol.gif].

Teetotaler here. Guess that makes me bottom decile

So I guess 24 million people just drink from sun up to sun down. I wonder what separates the homeless people sipping on liquor all day from the well-to-do people who do the same thing. Why are some people homeless while others functional?

I'd also be curious to see a regional chart showing geographically which places drink the most in the states.

edit: here it is
[Image: drunk%20usa%20map_1403540186466_6495512_...00_675.jpg]

Jesus Christ, 70 drinks per week? Even in my major pisshead days at university I don't think I drank that much. Who does that? How have their livers not collapsed by now?

Likewise, I call BS on Depardieu drinking 12+ bottles per day. If those bottles are 750ml, that's at least 9 litres of fluids per day. You'd spend all day pissing. You'd have to be drinking and pissing at the same time in order to get through it all.

If we're considering 2 oz of alcoholic liquid (ABV ~40% minimum) as a "drink" then I'm definitely in the upper-echelon. Depending on what I'm doing I float somewhere between the ninth (writing) and tenth (programming) decile.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

I probably average something like 30 units of alcohol per week if you count the random beer here and there at dinner. Shit if you figure two drinks per day, then that's 14. Three would be 21.

The really heavy drinkers on this list, the 70+ units, probably start drinking at about noonish with lunch every day and do so steadily until dinner. Like really heavy smokers (2-3 packs) they probably don't sleep much more than four or five hours a night because drinking (or smoking) that much takes a lot of time in a day.

This seems shady.
12 drinks a day is not that much, but basically you are drinking all the time or recovering from a hangover.

But 24 million?

Jeez, and I thought we had a lot of drunks here.

For once it feels good to be below average [Image: smile.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Hmm, an online calculator tells me one 750ml bottle of hard liquor is 55 drinks.
Time to cut back before my liver becomes a geode.

Is a "drink" a unit of alcohol?

As an outsider's perspective, I think alcohol is the least of America's problems (60% basically drink nothing!)…whenever I am in the states and out with fellow Brits everyone thinks we are alcoholics in comparison.

Quote: (10-01-2014 02:11 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

Hmm, an online calculator tells me one 750ml bottle of hard liquor is 55 drinks.
Time to cut back before my liver becomes a geode.

What? No. A standard shot is 44ml. So that's 17 shots (or drinks with a standard pour) per 750ml bottle. See below.

But damn. I had not idea that many people were boozing that hard, day in day out.

I'm on the 10 drinks a night, 1-2 nights a week bandwagon. And lately it's been way less than that. Fuck drinking every day. My stomach would cease to function properly.

[Image: 853pc7m.png]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

I betcha 50 drinks equals 10 football stadiums and 3 library of congresses.

These stats are useless when they present the base unit as 1 drink.

Give me some real numbers fools.

Quote: (09-30-2014 11:58 PM)Feisbook Control Wrote:  

Jesus Christ, 70 drinks per week? Even in my major pisshead days at university I don't think I drank that much. Who does that? How have their livers not collapsed by now?

Likewise, I call BS on Depardieu drinking 12+ bottles per day. If those bottles are 750ml, that's at least 9 litres of fluids per day. You'd spend all day pissing. You'd have to be drinking and pissing at the same time in order to get through it all.

That's sad...or you're way underestimating how much you drink when you drink light beer partying in college.

I'd say on lighter weekends I'm a near guarantee for 20 on Fri-Sat easy, let's say 25. Sunday I usually do funday, so another 5-10. During the week I'd say maybe 10-20 (depending on Monday Night Football watch, post gym beers, Thursday boozin).

I'm probably running 35-50 per week. I've done 70 many times, but that wouldn't be average I don't think. Tough to drink that much good beer.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (09-30-2014 09:01 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

Just did.

She replied: "At least your brothers a lawyer"

I love her.

Your brother is a lawyer and he doesn't out drink you??

I wonder what the percentage of alcholics is in the US.