rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men Are Fighting Back (UChicago Electronic Army)

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/195833/

Quote:Quote:

IN THE CAMPUS WAR ON MEN, MEN ARE FIGHTING BACK: From Prof. John Banzhaf:

Date-Rape-Accused Hacking, Outing, Videotaping

Ethically Dubious Remedies Alongside Court Wins

WASHINGTON, D.C. (September 29, 2014): College men accused of date rape are fighting back with ethically dubious techniques including hacking, outing their attackers, and videotaping their sexual encounters, in addition to bringing an increasing number of successful law suits to vindicate themselves, says public interest law professor John Banzhaf.

Last week, at the University of Chicago, individuals allegedly trying to keep “the Hyde Park community safe from people who publicly accuse other people of committing varying levels of gender-based violence without any proof whatsoever…” hacked into a website of the school’s student organization and posted the name and photo of an alleged rape survivor as well as this threat: “Hopefully the class of 2018 is paying attention because otherwise the UChicago Electronic Army is going to have to rape harder.”

The incident was apparently in retaliation for a post on Tumblr called the “Hyde Park List.”

That list claimed to identify male students “known to commit varying levels of gender-based violence.” It listed male students as either “code red’ or “code orange” – apparently a reference to the seriousness of their alleged sexual crimes.

“Creating so-called ‘rape lists’ of students who may or may not be guilty of sex-based offenses – ostensibly to warn female students, but also to shame the males – is both ethically dubious and may well open the perpetrators to legal action,” says Professor Banzhaf, who has written widely on the topic of campus date rape. On the other hand, hacking into computer systems and outing women is at least as wrongful, and two wrongs never make a right, especially concerning such a serious matter, suggests Banzhaf.

As colleges are pressured to be more aggressive in finding students guilty of date rape, it appears that a few male students are beginning to follow the advise on various web sites to surreptitiously videotape their sexual encounters to be able to prove afterwards, if necessary, that the act was consensual.

For example, four students at Hofstra University were accused of gang raping a fellow student, but were freed when a cell phone video indicated that the sexual encounter was consensual.

Likewise, a San Francisco lawyer, charged with raping three women, had the charges regarding two women dismissed because he had videotaped those encounters, and another man was found not guilty of an alleged gang rape after a Cook County, Illinois, jury was shown a videotape arguably showing some signs of consent as pointed out by an expert witness.

Although such videotaping – without sound – may not be illegal in many states, it’s likewise ethically dubious, and hardly a good solution to the problem of date rapes, and of students who may be wrongful accused of such actions and/or denied basic procedural protections in the campus proceedings determining guilt or innocence.

An alternative, albeit a very expensive one, is for males found guilty to bring law suits against their universities – about a dozen of which have already been successful, and at least twice that number are still in the courts, says Banzhaf.

When the system fails to provide justice, people will seek it on their own. What’s that old saying? Oh, right: No Justice, No Peace!

Boom!

Good. I'm glad to see some young playas are showing some spine.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Although such videotaping – without sound – may not be illegal in many states, it’s likewise ethically dubious, and hardly a good solution to the problem of date rapes, and of students who may be wrongful accused of such actions and/or denied basic procedural protections in the campus proceedings determining guilt or innocence.

Videotaping is "ethically dubious" but falsely accusing a man of rape isn't?
If anything you can say that it is a good solution to the problem of date rapes because it proves that even when an accusation is leveled, a crime may not have happened.

Good.

Women are doing this to themselves and then they kick and scream when men defend themselves.

Also I find it despicable that there is a list that women can put men's names on because they allegedly commited a sexual offense. Isnt that libel??

Was "ethically dubious" used something like 3 or 4 times in that article, or am I seeing things again?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Love this. Reap what they sow. They don't have the spine to stand behind their actions but will appeal to the white knight masses that they're being unfairly targeted. Serves them right when our side does something back.

Quote: (09-29-2014 10:48 PM)Hades Wrote:  

If anything you can say that it is a good solution to the problem of date rapes because it proves that even when an accusation is leveled, a crime may not have happened.

I'm for recording but videotaping someone without their consent is still illegal & punishable by imprisonment in most states.

Jesus is there a bigger elixir to dumb ass broads than naming men to a "rape list?"

And then code these guys orange and red? The ultimate bad boys. 50 Shades of Red-Orange.

Those guys just shot to the very top of the SMV ladder at those schools. A code red walks by ... panties drop.

And good for these young men bringing law suits. I also think that if a woman accuses a man of rape, her name should outed too. Watch the false cases dry up overnight.

Amid all of this, I still find it amazing that a woman would try to falsely ruin a man's life. I have been wronged by a fair number of women but I usually just let it go. It seems like the healthier play.

I wonder how a person could bring herself to destroy a man with lies, when the likely alternative would be for each of them to go their own separate ways...

Not surprised by now, but still it can sometimes be jarring to think that any girl you bang could pull this shit and have an army of morons ready to believe her beyond a doubt.

Here's the full response to the rape list:

[Image: UEA2-600x450.jpg]

[Image: DerbyHR_ftlvwsye.gif]

...and another man was found not guilty of an alleged gang rape after a Cook County, Illinois, jury was shown a videotape arguably showing some signs of consent as pointed out by an expert witness.

Who qualifies as an expert witness in this case? Her ex-boyfriends? Sorority sisters?

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

It's about damn time, the lawsuits I mean.

I have never understood why anyone falsely accused of rape and cleared of it, wouldn't sue both the girl and the university into the ground. It's America right? There has to be at least a million in damages in such a lawsuit. Do it the American way, hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

Quote: (09-30-2014 12:12 AM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Here's the full response to the rape list:

[Image: UEA2-600x450.jpg]

[Image: DerbyHR_ftlvwsye.gif]

I love that well done gentlemen.
[Image: clap.gif]

"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis

Quote: (09-30-2014 12:08 AM)Sanblz33 Wrote:  

I'm for recording but videotaping someone without their consent is still illegal & punishable by imprisonment in most states.

Vast majority of states are 1 party consent.

12 are all party consent

http://www.detectiveservices.com/2012/02...ding-laws/

California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

If you want to check your specific state,

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm - this has all the statute citations you need.

EX -

For WA State - Wash. Rev. Code Ann. §9.73.030(1)(a)

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.73.030

It's not likely that you'll be accused of false rape, cleared of the rape charge because of the video, and then charged with video taping.

Unless you're R.Kelly and the girl is underage. And even he beat the case.

WIA

Quote: (09-30-2014 01:26 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

12 are all party consent

California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm - this has all the statute citations you need.

It's not likely that you'll be accused of false rape, cleared of the rape charge because of the video, and then charged with video taping.

WIA

I'll take "ethically dubious" or even illegal taping with a remote chance of getting caught if you're discreet over 5 to 20 years in a maximum security prison on a rape conviction.

The penalty for private taping would be minimal compared to a rape conviction, probation in most places.

Good that guys are pushing back against this nonsense. Still, it must be a weird environment for male students at these hothouse universities these days. How would you screen for derangement? How would you breakup with a girl?

It should go without saying that all sexual encounters should have a paper trail.

Just be careful guys.

Quote: (09-30-2014 01:26 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (09-30-2014 12:08 AM)Sanblz33 Wrote:  

12 are all party consent

EX -

For WA State - Wash. Rev. Code Ann. §9.73.030(1)(a)

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.73.030

WIA

Thats true but that doesnt stop anyone from seeking legal recourse & taking everything you own (any they win the majority (80+% of these cases).

I would think a text would suffice for most false rape charges.

"Because, videotaping girls having sex is dubious and wrong and two wrongs don't make a right".

Thats some interesting math!

Protecting yourself by videotaping girls or not protecting yourself and hoping she doesnt accuse you of rape?

I know what I always do now with my cell phone.

Quote: (09-30-2014 12:05 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

"Because, videotaping girls having sex is dubious and wrong and two wrongs don't make a right".

Thats some interesting math!

Protecting yourself by videotaping girls or not protecting yourself and hoping she doesnt accuse you of rape?

I know what I always do now with my cell phone.

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but it'll damn sure make us even"- My Grandfather

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

what was their printer themed mischief last year that they mention in their note?

Quote: (09-30-2014 11:56 AM)Sanblz33 Wrote:  

Thats true but that doesnt stop anyone from seeking legal recourse & taking everything you own (any they win the majority (80+% of these cases).

I would think a text would suffice for most false rape charges.

LOL @ 80%, where are you finding these stats?

What plaintiff's lawyer is gonna go after a private citizen, unless that citizen is considerably rich?

At best most guys have a house with a mortgage and an underfunded IRA. What plaintiff's lawyer is going to take that case on a contingency fee of 33-40%? The PT's lawyer is just gonna send a demand letter, and you're gonna sell a house and liquidate your assets?

WIA

As in this discussion as well, the general agreed conclusion is that the best way to protect yourself
against a future false rape accusation, is to record every sexual encounter with a girl

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comme...alse_rape/

If this were to occur in the UK you would be slammed up for illegally videotaping someone in a sexual manner. And they have won cases based on this alone.

Hopefully they do not make it illegal and inadmissible as evidence in the US where it is a real problem.