rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mainstream press tried to hamsterize away the "sugar baby" phenomenon

Here's an interesting subject, worthy of a glance.

CNN has this little blurb about "sugar daddies" and "sugar babies."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/living/lis...?hpt=hp_t5

What's interesting about it is the following:

1. It presents women's desires as high-minded and noble, and men's desires as base and contemptible.

2. It tries to rationalize away the very real desire for some women to have a man support them. In the view of Lisa Ling at CNN, a woman's career trumps all. Women should be ashamed of any hint of thinking in a traditional way.

3. It proves once again how important game is as a way of short-circuiting the expectations of society.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, she is so contemptuous and superior.

She has her own show at CNN, partly a gift from decent looks post-wall, and her aggressive self-marketing; she has no idea how .01% she is, and very doubtful she ever slung hash with a liberal arts degree.

Good catch at how disgusting the pride and superiority of the upper middle class American woman can be, and usually is.

[Image: MTE4MDAzNDEwNzgyODE1NzU4.jpg]

WNB

^^^
Right. That grinning nut-job face tells us all we need to know.

The rich boyfriend is presented as a "dangerous" enticement away from a woman's true path: her bullshit career in HR, shuffling papers around a bullshit office! Yay!

One gets the feeling that Lisa Ling is frantically trying to convince herself that she made the right choice by focusing on her bullshit "career."

She sounds like she would have been happier as a kept woman...

The fact that she is writing an article like this shows that she is felling a little defensive about her lifestyle. Asking her something like, "Do you think it's ok that your child is being raised by your nanny 10-12 hours each day?" would likely set her off.

His problem was that he was spending his money on someone already in her 30's.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

I remember watching her in middle school when she was in that "student news" program.
I'd bang her for the nostalgia factor.
Anyways, just get rid of welfare and see how the"sugar baby" profile changes.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Lisa Ling is the queen of concern trolls, arguably second only to that obnoxious cunt Nancy Grace.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

"are you in college now?"

[Image: attachment.jpg21857]   

[Image: laugh6.gif]

Quote:Quote:

A die-hard feminist, my desire for self-sufficiency didn't stem from a movement: It was personal. A child of divorced parents who always fought about money-related issues, and with my grandmother's words etched in my mind, I told myself at a young age that I would never rely on a man or anyone to take care of me.

The bolded represents an aspect of feminist motivation that is often overlooked in the manosphere: sheer distrust of men. This distrust often stems from childhood experiences with divorces that usually left the mother in custody. Since their fathers were usually breadwinners (as is still the case today even after half a century of female empowerment), the women were generally left at something of a financial disadvantage which the kids also had to live with. They start to resent their father for this. That resentment is enhanced as they also absorb the ill will their mothers frequently have toward their father, ill-will that will be especially vitriolic if he has moved on to a (likely younger) partner and she still struggles to make a living and find romantic fulfillment on her own as an aging single mother. The father's lack of custody often means that he has limited opportunity to counter any of this.

This results in daughters who grow up convinced that their mother was wrong to trust and rely on their father, and proceed to expand that conclusion into a general premise: men are untrustworthy and unreliable. This belief is reinforced by other examples they see among peers who are also children of divorce and have come through the same rationalization via the same process. As they grow, this belief begins to govern their approach to romantic, social and professional life. They become highly career-focused, the resume becoming their armor against the inevitable misdeeds of the disloyal/untrustworthy men they may seek to have in their lives down the line. They become independent almost to a fault, and often remain highly hesitant to enter serious relationships before their age makes it absolutely necessary to do so in order to have a child (something nearly all of them still want to do).

To the young (18-30) woman with this mentality, romantic involvement with a man is a serious threat to her independence, a threat that her lessons as the child of divorce won't let her tolerate easily. She will be very hesitant to take this kind of risk: her independence comes before all else, and it will generally matter more to her than the company of any man. She can trust herself, but she can never trust a man.

In her eyes, those prime years must be used for the educational, personal and professional fulfillment that she believes will protect her against the kind of disloyalty she is convinced is inherent to the male populace. Her later years can be used to cautiously welcome a man into her life for the purpose of procreation, as she will have already established a firm foundation for her independence (the previous 13-20 years spent entirely focused on her schooling/work/etc). Of course, there's a fundamental conflict here with regard to the kind of man she is able to welcome at that point (she would have had an easier time attracting a higher quality life partner earlier on), but that is a trade-off that she will either make peace with or rationalize away in the name of her independence.

I posit that it is through this post-childhood divorce process that many (possibly a slight majority) of the most ardent feminist and/or highly careerist young women out there today are born. This is also how articles like these come to light and gain so much mainstream support:

Quote: (09-29-2014 11:05 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

2. It tries to rationalize away the very real desire for some women to have a man support them. In the view of Lisa Ling at CNN, a woman's career trumps all. Women should be ashamed of any hint of thinking in a traditional way.

As noted above, she gives that impression because she maintains a very strong distrust for men. She believes a young woman's career must trump all because it is her understanding that young women generally cannot and should not rely on men. She subtly shames women who think in the more traditional patterns of romantic thought because she feels that they are fundamentally compromising themselves by relying on men that she views as fundamentally unreliable and unworthy of said trust.

She may be intellectually honest enough to acknowledge the very real desire within most women to find their "Mr. Big/Mr. Right/Prince Charming" to whisk them away and support them in the happily-ever-after manner so commonly promoted in childhood movies. Even then she will insist that women fight this desire for their own good because putting that degree of trust in a man is, in her estimation, far too risky. She believes that men cannot and should not be relied upon by women to anywhere near that extent - women must look after themselves or men will, more often than not, let them down.

Beneath all of the ideology and rhetoric is a simple, fundamental and profound distrust of the male of the species, one that warrants in them an urgent and nearly singular focus on more career-oriented tracks. That is why we're seeing what we're seeing with articles like this becoming mainstream.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

So she cannot rely or depend on men huh?

This guy and this other guy got her sorry ass out of North Korea after she arrogantly snuck in with her entitled ass. If it were not for MEN she would be the personal cum dumpster for that fat ass leader. No woman could have negotiated her release. Men like that do not listen to women speak.

[Image: billclinton.jpg]

[Image: MTE5NTU2MzE1OTQ0NzQ4NTU1.jpg]
That's not counting AL Gore and her husband blowing every favor he had politically.

But alas...

[Image: image.png?w=500&c=1]

Edit: it was her sister that was captured. The point is still the same though. If men cannot be counted on how could her sister still be alive.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

ALL RIGHT!

Athlone is back!

Missed you, brother.

[Image: grouphug.gif]

Quote: (09-29-2014 06:49 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Lisa Ling is the queen of concern trolls, arguably second only to that obnoxious cunt Nancy Grace.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Separated at birth? You decide.

I've had colleagues and acquaintances bring up the SD/SB arrangement. My response is always the same:

"Yeah, I've heard of that. It's those high class hookers trying to get a rich guy as a benefactor."

Never miss an opportunity to state what these girls really are. Sugar baby is a euphemism. These girls are hookers.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Quote: (09-29-2014 11:10 AM)FrenchCanadian Wrote:  

[Image: MTE4MDAzNDEwNzgyODE1NzU4.jpg]

WNB

[Image: Impossibru.png]

Quote: (09-29-2014 07:34 PM)Excelsior Wrote:  

Beneath all of the ideology and rhetoric is a simple, fundamental and profound distrust of the male of the species, one that warrants in them an urgent and nearly singular focus on more career-oriented tracks. That is why we're seeing what we're seeing with articles like this becoming mainstream.

Then you add the constant misandry in media, commercials, news, academia and you have truly women who are afraid of commitments early on. Makes a lot of sense really.

[Image: attachment.jpg21865]   

If you fuck her hard enough she'll change her views real quick.
Lisa ling needs a nice stiff cock.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-30-2014 04:07 AM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

I've had colleagues and acquaintances bring up the SD/SB arrangement. My response is always the same:

"Yeah, I've heard of that. It's those high class hookers trying to get a rich guy as a benefactor."

Never miss an opportunity to state what these girls really are. Sugar baby is a euphemism. These girls are hookers.

Yep, it's whoredom. Ling wants to call it something else.

All male/female relationships are transactional in nature. You give them provisions, or you give them drama and excitement through game, or you give them some combination of both.

If she's not attached to you through the drama and the dick you give them, then she's just whoring for you. Even if it's just the possibility of future provisioning she's hoping for - a deferred payment.

In this additional segment to the story, "concern troll" Lisa Ling (to use Tuthmosis's great phrase [Image: wink.gif]) actually uses the "sugar baby" phenomenon to attention-whore about her own "trauma" that was a result of covering the story.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...g.cnn.html

What "trauma", you may ask? As a "confirmed feminist", Ms. Ling found it hard to accept that some young women prefer to be whores, rather than shuffle papers in a suburban office building.

No matter what the story, no matter how outrageous the female conduct may be, the "take away" lesson always has to be about the depravity of men, the innocent naivete of women, and the sexual exploitation of women.

No matter what, the prevailing theology has to be reinforced, regardless of the truth that is staring us in the face.

Quote: (09-30-2014 11:49 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

In this additional segment to the story, "concern troll" Lisa Ling (to use Tuthmosis's great phrase [Image: wink.gif]) actually uses the "sugar baby" phenomenon to attention-whore about her own "trauma" that was a result of covering the story.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...g.cnn.html

What "trauma", you may ask? As a "confirmed feminist", Ms. Ling found it hard to accept that some young women prefer to be whores, rather than shuffle papers in a suburban office building.

No matter what the story, no matter how outrageous the female conduct may be, the "take away" lesson always has to be about the depravity of men, the innocent naivete of women, and the sexual exploitation of women.

No matter what, the prevailing theology has to be reinforced, regardless of the truth that is staring us in the face.

I think she's just mad she didn't think of whoring herself out when she was young and hot enough to get male attention.

Instead of getting banged all day and having a dude with money pay her way she slaved away in a boring ass office job.

Lisa Ling sounds jelly as hell.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Further proof, as if we needed any, that women will justify their behavior no matter what.

No standards, no responsibility, no accountability. And of course don't judge them for it or you're a misogynist.

I watched that special. It was hilarious.

Girls should have sex with men....for free. Getting paid to do what others do for free is actually disempowering.

Girls should use their bodies for work...as a retail clerk or waitress, but not for sex.

Girls should only have sex with men they like....because Christianity?

Is sex sacred to feminists or is it no big deal? If sex is just something people do because it feels good or because it's fun, what's the big deal to get paid while doing it?

Should girls only have sex when they are in love? When is it OK for girls to have sex, according to Lisa Lang? Is she the new Pope?

I'm really confused. Well, I'm not. I would have been confused if i were still a blue pill thinker.

Back when I took feminism seriously, contradictions like this made my head spin.

Now I realize it's all bullshit and just enjoy a good laugh.

I want to ask feminists the following question:

When is a woman wrong? Aside from when she is prettier than you and men like her more?

Quintus, this is a great post and your media analysis is spot on.

I want to add a few personal observations, as I started looking into the site sometimes ago and went on a min-twitter rant a week ago when I discovered a girl I'd dated had an account on seeking arrangement. After contacting her I learned a couple things about the female experience of that site.

First, girls can make a lot of money. As in, they can pay their rent with a fifteen minute blowjob.

For the girls, it's just about the money, period. Everything else is hamsterization (my phrasing, not hers). She told me "if you made an account on there, girls would just want you for you're money. You're a paycheck, not a person."

But she told me she quite because she felt incredibly degraded and disgusted with herself because of it. Like, really hated herself. She said it fucked with her head, and made her start seeing people and relationships in terms of what she could get from them. Everything, even her intimate relationships and sex acts had a price tag attached to them. "I could suck that dick and make another 500$."

It struck me that men who get burned out on game can experience the same thing. When you see the world transactionally, you have no real friends, just business associates, because you're always keeping score. It's actually the act of giving that makes us like people. Family doesn't keep score. We could never repay our parents, and never ask our kids to pay us back. So if you find yourself getting bitter, or considering giving up on dating, try finding a way to give or do kindness without considering what you'll get in return.

The girl I knew was on seeking arrangement when she went through a huge slut phase. She broke down after that, and started longing for love and romance. Found a pretty betaish dude to give it to her, though I don't knew him well. She is still very young, and it seems like both of them are getting what they want now.

Also, if you want to stare into the abyss, try making a fake account as a girl and see what comes it's way.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.