rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

20 year high school reunion
0 year high school reunion
I just went to my 20 year high school reunion. I learned this folklore statement at an early age (and was repeated over and over): "when you get older, say your 20 year HS reunion, the chicks that were hot will be ugly and the chicks that were ugly will be hot."

I'd like to report some anecdotal evidence that this is not true (at least not true for my sample of n=1 if we assume my HS is the only data point, it is n=600+ if the sample is my HS class).

My report:
- the chicks that were hot and "popular", were still very much hot.
- the girls that were middle of the road, were now not worth any interest
- the girls that were "ugly ducklings" were straight up mutants. Holy shite! Can't even identify what the fuck has happened to these people (oh lawd!).

I'm long gone and moved far away, but even the social dynamics of a 600+ graduating class haven't changed much. The popular chicks still were arrogant to the less fortunate chicks (which have gone downhill in a huge way). And the after hours party was still a "need to know" for the "cool people".

Not exactly a small data set and was not at all what I was expecting.

I've since moved on and have been gone for a long time, but found it to be an eye opener that my experience with who would be "good looking or not" was not at all what I expected.

One of my wise friends told me this about women and relationships:[ "the things that you like about her will only get better over time, the things you don't like about her will only get worse..."

I think My 20yr HS reunion was in direct parallel to what my wise friend said.
I went to my 10yr HS reunion.
It was really eye opening.

I was kinda blue pill in high school but i was red pill when i went to the reunion.

The slutty girls who got passed around had popped out 2 or 3 kids and looked much older than everyone else. The popular/hot girls were still the centre of attention and seemed like they never changed in the 10 years.
The nerdy kids who studied all the time were now the rich nerdy guys who worked a lot.
A few people were in jail for drugs and such, there was a memorial for a few people that died.

The few girls i dated in high school were essentially the same but just older.
A lot of my old crew were dealing with baby mama drama and couldn't make it. The few that were able to really didn't want to be here.
Question: How many people were married?
I figure you only goto these things if you made some kind of success of life? By success I don't mean a millionaire but in a comfortable situation.