rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
+ years in Singapore - Datasheet
Singapore - a great place to be single

[just got back from the US and thought it was time to pump this out already]

The city

After living here a year+, Singapore can be best described as the world’s largest daycare center. A cross between Hong Kong, Orange County, and a dash of Dubai’s attitude, though the place isn’t an oppressive dictatorship arresting you at every turn like some people think. Everyone gets babied into a “proper” lifestyle because the city resembles a hospital stretched out over 50 miles in every direction. Not to mention the highest smartphone-penetration in the world, which means chicks plastered to social media all day. For those living in 3rd-world countries, it'll make you want to pull your hair out, especially when you see how emotionally suppressed the locals are.

The best attribute to Singapore is it’s damn comfortable. Smooth public transport, grade-A aircon, soft pillows at hookah bars, hygienic food, bug-free, everyone is beyond polite including mechanics, taxi drivers, and craigslist sellers. If you want to get entrepreneurial/remote work done this is the place to do it too and nobody will screw you over. There are hidden inefficiencies to be caught here and there though (the queue system, ordering online, taxi system) that to this day give me some WTF moments.

Overall living in Singapore is akin to dating a supermodel - in the beginning she’s hot, gets you hookups and people view you as high-status, but after a couple weeks her dumb personality gets to you and you just want to get the fuck out.

General tips before coming:

- get in touch with online guestlists, even facebook groups, to know where the crowds are going
- I-S magazine online is best for events if have spare time in day, or for day 2’s
- get the #’s of a couple taxi companies; it’s surprisingly hard to get a taxi here.
- bring a bottle from overseas + a flask; you can drink outside here. it’s pretty easy to sneak in liquor to spike the drinks from the bar.
- I have no idea about pipelining, online dating is completely off my radar. I do know that many are on Tinder, and Whatsapp is essential (I’ve lost a couple girls solely due to lacking Whatsapp)
- all clothing you bring should be as thin as possible. i feel like dudes here can’t pickup because they’re literally suffocated by their clothes.
- yeah in general guys don’t know how to pickup chicks, even though *many* try. So, few competitors..
- despite the reputation, police etc. are nonexistent, don’t be paranoid about being watched and feel free to step on toes here and there

The women

Xenophobic, sexophobic. Singaporean chicks are the hottest mannequins you’ll ever meet, that happen to know how to talk, and happen to be extremely annoying. Other than a few circles in the city, they’re generally out of touch with sexuality and don’t even go clubbing till they’re 25. They can be cute but most you’ll end up ignoring, though there are a select few ~5% that romanticize the anglosphere and actually “get it” (hooking up) so still worth it to try if they show legitimate IOIs.
Dating them is a nightmare IME: they talk only about famous people they know, their work status, property they own, blah blah… Even worse, it’s hard to even build momentum off of them in clubs as they are such buzzkills. Regardless they are still extremely by default, laugh easily, though I’m surrounded by tons of ~19 y.o. SP chicks in my building, which occasionally makes me want to shoot myself. Unlike other countries like Japan where the local chicks play hard to get, and the reward is sweet, Singaporean women are difficult and unpleasant to be with anyway.

[Image: attachment.jpg21837]   
typical Singaporean look

Chinese vs. Malay vs. Indian The easiest woman depends on your own chemistry, so play around a bit. “Local” is a blurry term here and girls get sick of being asked where they’re from so just use instinct... the FOB Chinese are the hottest, many in my area but are only good for serious relationship, plenty of them have been here for several years, so westernized enough to know how to don makeup and have a lil attitude. You can tell by their accent whether they’re actually from China or not. Malays are really not on the scene at all - only a handful of them are hot anyway. But, it’s easy to meet them through social circles, there are a lot on the East side, and if they’re hot they love foreigners to death. Indians are surprisingly big on the scene here. Most are westernized and down to fuck like crazy since sex is so suppressed in India, so they want to prove they are “in-crowd” and IMO they more than compensate for it. You might wanna pack a tic-tac along though.
The Chinese Malaysian. Of special note is my favorite group of chicks, girls from Malaysia who are ethnically Chinese. These chicks are hot but aren’t actual Singaporeans, which means they’ve got down-to-earth personalities, love foreigners, DTF, and generally out to please you. It’s a sub-sub-set of the population, but if you find one burn it to the ground.

Permanent holiday. Most people you get involved with are under “contract-style living” which means they’re flown in by their corporation for a 2-year stint, or in grad school, or otherwise just don’t see SP as a long term commitment.
A fellow RVFer calls this the “spring-break effect” - everyone’s in a perpetual state of vacation and get slutty without any fear of social backlash (i.e. a city-girl attitude vs. small-town rural chick..) Up your game to be more direct, slutty, loose / low-standard, and if her friends disappear somehow, she’ll for sure at least ride back with you. Take note of when a girl is about to leave Singapore (read: exchange students, December/May) she will want to get a couple last fucks in so don’t let these horny girls go home empty-handed.
In case you haven’t figured it out, most clubs are going to have lots of white chicks in them, for better or for worse. They are good for getting tips from.

3 Rules

Ladies Nights. SP’s ladies nights eclipses those in the USA / Hong Kong due to a) girls are actually more receptive to pickup / ONS on these nights, rather than being put on a pedestal b) the deals are insane, some places literally give free alcohol for 3+ hours, or 10 free-drink passes. Most places “ladies night” is a nice bonus but here it’s like fuckin new years every week. I’ve had more luck on Wednesday nights than on any other night, literally, so if yr flight lands earlier in the week it’s probably a good thing. Screen for whether she has (real) work the next day, surprisingly few of them lead serious jobs and you can get them to cancel is you get them drunk enough

New venues. Since new clubs are constantly being opened (and business in general) the nightlife scene shifts around a lot and local chicks constantly chase the newest, shiniest venue. Check which clubs have opened in the last couple months for for better chances. At the time of this writing Altimate is the big one, but I haven’t gone yet.

RSVP. I rarely RSVP to anything anymore but online signups through FB, email lists, 3rd-party promoters (Klink Connection, Hazel’s Guestlist) will get you in clubs free, and generally leads you to where younger girls are at. If you are only on a stopover and still keen to get on lists you'll have to add them on FB a couple days early to ensure. Most spots treat white dudes nice so despite the aforementioned xenophobia, when it come to nightlife status, white guys are given royal treatment, often we get away with sloppy getups while asians have to go above and beyond to dress up. I used to go into clubs wearing vibram shoes regularly.

Top 3 districts

Clarke Quay

This is the prime clubbing arena for fun locals, Asians from surrounding countries, exchange students from all over, and a handful of hookers. Right next to the river, CQ is a series of outdoor pedestrian walks lined with chillout hookah, casual drinks, pretty lights and overpriced shots. The alleys wrap around ~20 clubs, many feature annoying live bands from the philippines, the other half DJs playing generic techno or if later in night, garbage top 40. This is the only place where I’ve ever scored w/ a local Singaporean chick. Cover charge is around $15-20 on weekends, usually free on weekdays. Ladies Night is huge here, and tons of chicks are down to fuck off the high they get from all the free drink tickets.
Venues of note are: Attica, China One, Highlanders, Le Noir, Indochine, Shanghai Dolly, and Fenix. Top-tier asian chicks tend to avoid CQ in general though, probably due to xenophobia. A great method is to start from “The Bridge”, an area where tons of girls are out predrinking in groups, just find some that plan to go to a club later and you can build enough rapport to go along. It helps a LOT if you speak a European language.
[Image: attachment.jpg21838]   

Sentosa Island

Most people ignore Sentosa, but I’ve always had a blast here so it’s totally worth going to if you’re here short-term. It’s got about 10 venues lining the beach, ranging from hectic outdoor clubs to chillout ones with giant bean bags and couches. Obviously you’ll want a solid build, and it takes a while for girls to get slutty as it seems they want to dance for like the first 5 hours. Most clubs have an outdoor pool.
Chicks ditch their friends willingly since it’s *so* easy to lose your friends here anyway, and it’s a good line to use on wanderers, just offer to find her friends together. Logistics are awesome, you can pull a girl to the quieter outskirts of the beach club / the beach itself, just isolated paradise. There’s also festivals happening here at least every other weekend, some are so big that inner-city venues are somewhat deserted when all the girls flock here.
Venues of note: Tanjong Beach Club, Wavehouse, Mamba, Azzura (my favorite)
One tip is to offer the girl an easy ride out of the island, as it’s a pain in the ass to get transport.
[Image: attachment.jpg21839]   

Club Street

Not as juvenile as it sounds, it’s mostly white-collar businessmen winding down after a long week and catching up, and there’s no real clubs. The area is set up as a handful of roads, dotted by European-style outdoor tables. Lots of networking going on here, it’s pretty easy to get a number by the end of the night, but be prepared to run social game which includes a lot of dudes. Most of the Singaporean chicks want to leave SP and yet are not broke hipsters like on the East, so wouldn’t mind tagging themselves to foreigners here. Pulling is easy here since all you have to do is suggest to go for a walk or visit a neighboring bar, and likely their friends disappear although sadly most girls want to go to another district like CQ or Marina to party (they use Club St. as pregaming). The street is so packed on some Fridays it practically feels like an indoor club, more dense than even Hong Kong. Venues of note: Bartini/Savanh, Gem Bar, Screening Room, CU bar. No entry fees but look sharp.
[Image: attachment.jpg21840]   

Most pics are my own so i apologize for the crappiness

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5
Biggest 3 venues

Zouk

Zouk is infamous throughout Asia, or so Singapore claims, and there is some merit to that. It’s almost its own mini nightlife district (which is good because there’s nothing nearby) with a maze of 2-3 notable clubs. Practically anyone can get in, has a mix of 30/70 foreign/locals, and above average electro music with superb sound system. I do like the excessive grinding here, nice to be reminded of the US occasionally, except when security intervenes which there is a lot of for some reason. Some nights it can get packed to comical proportions but everyone is having a blast, and is also where Singaporean women come to display their accessories they buy from Orchard Road which I like to imagine they throw away by the end of the weekend. May get shut down mid-2015.
[Image: attachment.jpg21841]   

Attica

The biggest club in Clark Quay, although kind of a pain to get in due to overcrowding, but probably the hottest girls in the entire area. I think the owner is Indian so lots of smoking indian chicks end up here if you want that flag, there’s no better place in the world to do it. I’ve only been here twice with friends so didn’t do much picking up but because there’s 2 floors with an outdoor smoking area in-between, it’s pretty obvious what the only available tactic is. The place fails hard at being seductive with these model dancers on the 2nd floor, but at least they try.
[Image: attachment.jpg21842]   

Kyo

Kyo’s the most modest of the 3 clubs, and one that has been growing on me - Ladies nights are absolutely epic here. Although just 1 underground floor it’s got a massive dance area and like Zouk, is very good for dancefloor game though more tame than Zouk. I usually start off with their beer pong setup and pull girls in, over the course of an hour you can have a handful of red-faced cheerleaders that follow to the dancefloor. Sadly I’ve never been here past 3am which is when I heard things get really crazy, on the other hand never gotten shot down for being aggressive...
[Image: attachment.jpg21843]   

Top 5 venues for pickup

Marina Bay Sands (Ku de Tat)
One of the few venues that actually plays decent DJ music at the top floor of a hotel that mirrors the rep of Burj Al-Arab, but way more exciting. Surprisingly I don’t find many of the dudes hitting on the horny talent out here, these clowns claim there’s some hookers but everyone pretty much ignores them. It’s a really carefree vibe up here which is opposite of what I expected due to it being the top touristy hotel (once pulled after 30-40 mins, although lots of cougars in the way) so definitely make it a must.
[Image: attachment.jpg21845]   

Pangea
Despite its upper-class rep, this Pandora’s got receptive locals and contract girls who are just sitting on couches waiting to be approached. It’s got a soft environment, there’s no real dancefloor although the music is fucking awesome, and even the dudes are fairly aimable with no cockblocking going on. Having a high-energy vibe helps here as it differentiates you from the rest, and you’ll have to compensate for not being loaded. Anyone with at least intermediate game can at least get a date lined up here
[Image: attachment.jpg21849]   

Pump Room / Highlanders
This duo is notorious and one of the first things you see in Clark Quay. Connected by a hallway, they’re pretty much the same deal and probably the same owner, so if one sucks you can just cruise over to the other. They alternate between DJ sets and live filipino bands and unsurprisingly filled w/ filipinos and other SEAsians looking to mack on older guys. It’s free entry and low standards but I find a couple gems here nearly every time I go. Great place to pull from another venue though, girls are always willing to tag along because it’s zero investment
[Image: attachment.jpg21846]   

BQ Bar
The entirety of boat quay riverside is shut down at 3am, except for this place. My personal favorite bar in SP and probably one of my favorites ever. Awesome American music with a hint of hip hop. Although it’s nearly half (!) filipino and some nasty lookers, I’ve pulled decent japanese, filipinas, chinese from here, and all rules are thrown out the window. Beware that it’s pretty small though and the Singapore barcrawl crew often ends up here. Quoted as a “pickup place” so I think people are catching on..
[Image: attachment.jpg21847]   

Zouk
I may catch of a lot of flack for this, but truth must be said - Zouk beats out a vast majority of venues for cold pickup. The fact that people are wasted throwing up on the street as early as midnight is proof of what goes down here, and thanks to its international reputation you’ll see plenty of East Asian chicks here, and the cover charge ($35+) weeds out the shitty minorities thus retains all the hot Filipinas and Indonesians here. You can actually regularly get approached by girls, the key is to hang around the perimeter of the main club dancefloor, though I’ve also gotten into a fight here too haha. Stay away from the dancefloor itself (it’s a sausagefest) unless you’re in the side-club, in which case the girls are noticeably younger and always has a handful of stragglers at the end of the night.
[Image: attachment.jpg21848]   

Stay away from:

St James Power Station
Dempsey Hill
Duxton (flooded with xenophobic locals)
Marina area in general
Orchard Towers (it can be fun for the stories)
Holland Village
Cheesy festivals
The Butter Factory
Mink, Fenix room, the Dom Lounge, any other clubs run by Singaporean owners

Daygame in general. Everyone is typically on the move during they day which is fine because SP is a great place to relax anyway.
If you’re feelin lucky or just want some eye candy, hit up the malls at Orchard Road or Marina Bay, or even Clarke Quay during the day.

Day 2’s

Singapore is hardly a romantic city but there’s a couple refreshing pockets so check back here if you get a day 2 or pipeline. Boat Quay and Arab District are gritty parts of SP so chose them for their atmosphere since feels more like Thailand etc

Boat Quay - Mad Men Attic Bar, Lucky 69
This duo of bars are located in Boat Quay, one of my favorite sleazy districts in Singapore and probably a good place to get a hotel. These 2 spots are pretty active and have pool table, small live band, and generally have easy-going crowds. Attic Bar has a sweet view of SP and both are just a 2-min walk to the river.

Arab St. - Blu Jaz, Wine Bos, The Beast
There’s actually tons of surprisingly spacey bars in the Arab district which has a nice festive atmosphere. Blu Jaz is easily the biggest one and actually occupies across multiple buildings, Winebos has a solid deal with all-you-can-drink wine for 2 hours (sometimes girls get it for free). The Beast often has shows on the 3rd floor and has awesome staff, as well as lounge on 2nd floor. Actually pickup in Arab St is a blast and there’s tons of hot malay chicks to get numbers with on the side.

City Hall - Chijmes
Chijmes is a plaza located right in the downtown area, a giant underground grotto but still a little flashy, with a European vibe. Has a giant church (not even sure if functional) surrounded by a handful of clubs, but also a few dinner joints in the center. Actually I have only been to the clubs but the restaurants have really romantic lighting and surrounded by classic architecture.

Special thanks to the RVFers that have come out here and made it an awesome experience!

[Image: pimp.gif]

DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
Excellent data sheet. Was there as an expat for 6 months working in a bank, living the life.
By the way, weren't they in the process of closing Zouk ? My favorite club to be honest since I feel it's the big club where you'll find the least expats, at least from those I know.

By the way, not sure I understood, are you back to Singapore again ?
Repped.

So how would you about spending some time in Singapore working online? As I see the Visa rules it is very difficult to get the entrepreneur visa? It's easy to set up a local corp, but it doesn't translate into work permit and permit to stay does it?
Very informative post, if only I had this three years ago when I visited. Thanks lah [Image: smile.gif]
Great post! +1 from me.
Quote: (09-28-2014 03:03 PM)AwFkBye Wrote:  

By the way, weren't they in the process of closing Zouk ? My favorite club to be honest since I feel it's the big club where you'll find the least expats, at least from those I know.
By the way, not sure I understood, are you back to Singapore again ?

Yep, im back in Singapore for another year.
Zouk definitley doesn't *look* like it's about to close down, maybe the first hints will come early 2015

Quote: (09-28-2014 03:19 PM)berserk Wrote:  

So how would you about spending some time in Singapore working online? As I see the Visa rules it is very difficult to get the entrepreneur visa? It's easy to set up a local corp, but it doesn't translate into work permit and permit to stay does it?

My current work is not entrepreneurial so on a simple S pass, but a handful of my acquaintances were able to make startups pretty easily. Some have told me it costs as low as $150 to get yr company registered w/ the government. I imagine you just come on a 3-month visit visa, then upgrade once you've settled in with the framework.

Awesome info Cyclone. How expensive is housing? I see rooms are around S$100 per night on airbnb. Is it possible to rent a condo for a month or two?
+1 on Zouk. Ladies night there blew my mind (Weds nights I think.) Ratio was easily 4:1 with lots of talent. Younger (think 19-24) but great.

SG is underrated in terms of women. Singaporean girls are hit or miss, but as Cyclone mentions, there are tons and tons of hot east Asians (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) and southeast Asians (Vietnamese, Filipina, Indonesians, etc) running around.
Great write up! Well put together and gives travelers like myself enough details when making our plans to visit Singapore.
Excellent data sheet! Repped.
I'd be also interested in the situ regarding 1-3 months housing options there. Can you get something nice (furnished studio or 1 bed) in a good area within walking distance to clubs and bars for say about 1KUS$/month?

Always wanted to visit SGP, after reading this, will make it a priority on the way to JKT.

Cheers.
For those looking for short-term rentals,

http://homespace.sg/

and

http://www.grafyt.com/index.html

are two legitimate options. The 2nd one is brand new and run by an acquaintance of mine. Not very populated yet but that might be a good thing in terms of price.

Nice one Cyclone mate, obviously would rep you if I hadn't already. I was meaning to post an update to my own Singapore thread as quite a lot has changed over the last few months with new places opening and others dying off. However I think I will probably tag that update onto this thread instead to add onto what you've already written above. I probably come from a slightly different slant and there are a number of other bars & clubs/nights I would mention such as The Exchange, Kilo, Monarchy/ME, Fclub, Vault, Bang Bang and Chateaux amongst others as well as some warehouse & ad hoc recurring parties/nights that are organised.

Couple of other areas worth mentioning as well such as Robertson Quay and Circular Road (soon to be the new club street since the Kyo owners bought the entire street, although progress has slowed as they're having trouble with moving out the existing dodgy gogo bars - ). Also well worth a mention is Jian Jak road for Cufflink, Marikos and Limehouse (bouncing pre-Kyo on a Thursday)

Important note to add however is that Pangaea is DEAD now, do not bother going on any night as there's no one there. My how the mighty have fallen. It is oddly still not yet closed but will/should be soon. My sources tell me they're planning a refurb but when that will happen I'm not sure, they took their eye off the ball with the Singapore nightclub while focusing on their newly launched Delhi club and planned Manila club opening also (that one should be interesting). Note however a few of their senior staff have clubbed together to launch the latest hot venue 'Bang Bang' and attaching Match Bar at Pan Pacific (replacing the now defunct Mink & Royal Room). I was there Friday night for the first time, it was good but nothing on the old Pangaea but it's still establishing itself. I will give it a few more shots to get a better feel for it before I write it up my opinion on here. Also worthy of a mention is the hot tipped club 'Cloud' on Orchard opening soon, hearing a lot of noise about this one.

For pick up venues - and for my particular brand of nightgame - I would now put Kyo on Thursday night solidly top of my list [Image: wink.gif] and also Exchange at Asia Sq to kick off ladies night on a Wednesday. Both these venues used to be RIDICULOUSLY good for chicks but have since been 'discovered'. However they still remain pretty reliable. Ku De Ta Wednesday night a must, but again used to be better. Bang Bang is looking decent for pick up at the weekend, I will confirm on that. Drinks & Co on club st is pretty darn good given the nature of the way the place works (ie like an upscale off licence) and Kyo is now the prime location club to bounce the chicks for the 'afterparty' from club st to finish the job now it has got granted it's late license on Friday & Saturday night. Kyo also is probably the best place for pick up if you're rocking a table given how the tables layout merge nicely into the human traffic. Pangaea used to be ideal for this...long may it rest in peace :-\n
Definitely agree on Mad Men bar being ideal for Day 2s, there;s a few other places I will suggest also. I also agree with all the 'stay away froms' with the exception of Duxton however. It's gone through some changes recently and has a faily similar expat style crowd to Club St. There are a cracking few bars on the hill such as Luca Loco and Life is beautiful and lots of day 2 for drinks/food - tho I particularly like doing my Day2s here given the proximity to my apartment [Image: pimp.gif] I'm wondering if you were referring to the other parts of duxton ie little korea on tanjong pagar road or the dodgy bars and gay district on Neil road?

Anyway, I'll draft something more comprehensive up to tag onto your good work above and also link in my existing datasheet so we can have a consolidated comprehensive RVF Singapore guide in one place

Good to have you back in town man, we should get a drink some night and tryout some of our above recommendations

[Image: highfive.gif]

Irish
^ thanks man. I just came back from the duo of Exchange AND Kyo tonight. My 2nd time at Exchange and it was the BOMB. pulled a nice Indonesian girl within 1 hour she was on my scooter riding to Kyo.. so count me as a fan. 2 nights in a row @ Kyo haha. Only left w/ her FB though.

Pangaea I too thought was merely under renovation, same as Avalon was a few months ago. You sure it's permanent?

I have a friend who wants to check out Duxton as well next week, i used to go there often, saw only 1 large club but it seemed really exclusive / non-friendly to tourists. But anyway it *is* a good spot for Day 2's, has a nice yuppie vibe but again i prefer the more refreshing grimy side of town. Ill be havin my b-day gathering at The Beast next weekend so yr welcome to swing by / catch up!

- Cyc

Thanks a lot for the write up!

I'm heading to Singapore in late November for the week with work. Book ending the trip with both weekends so I can experience what the city has to offer and both you guys have given me much food for thought! :-D

May also be moving there next year but we'll see how that pans out.
^ awesome. Keep in touch and late Nov is actually a great time to visit. Try to make your Thurs morning free though haha.

In transit on Saturday night from 0100 to 1000. Worth escaping the airport?
Quote: (11-05-2014 06:00 AM)Noir Wrote:  

In transit on Saturday night from 0100 to 1000. Worth escaping the airport?

Hmmmm, it's a little late but if you really want to check out a club then Kyo on Cecil St goes on until 4am ish and although won't be full should still be busy enough. But things been quite hit and miss of late here. Not sure its worth it but a cab there will be around 25 sing dollars and should take 25 mins

Club Bang Bang at the Pan Pacific will be more happening but at that time you will struggle to get in

Or if you just want to go straight to the titty bars then go to orchard towers, on orchard road. itll at least be busy and you can get a drink

Irish
(deleted)

Irish
Since nobody else mentioned it, if you are in Singapore and even thinking of hiring a pro, be very careful and whatever you do avoid the red light districts. One is Chinese, the other in Little India. Both involve women who come over on tourist visas, never get checked out and work as hookers illegally. Every six months or so one turns up dead from AIDS. There are pros in Singapore, but they work as escorts and you'd find them via expected outlets - online, hostess bars, etc. Still not a guarantee of safety, but worth noting.

Regardless, the government tolerates pros in certain respects, but they still demand things be kept low key. Been a while since I've been in Singapore, but the only place you would actually see street walkers is outside of Orchard Towers, which is colloquially known as "four floors of whores."

That said if you are an older and well paid expat on scene for a while it might be good to join some of the social clubs - the Americans, Canadians and British all have them - and try to cultivate a network there versus the club scene. Singapore can be very expensive and isolating but establishing links with both the local and expat community will serve you well. Do what you can to avoid coming across as a drunk and boorish Australian and you'll be one step ahead of your white guy peers (sorry, Aussies out there but you know the reputation kinda has truth to it).

Good luck.
I was there a few days ago (quick trip for banking) and got approached by a Filipina 5 (27 year-old nurse) on the train while scrutinizing a map. Number closed her but later decided it would not be worth following up on.

There must be tons of opportunity to get with such foreign workers if you reside there.
Thanks for the thread. I'm hitting up SG to visit from Sunday evening to Wed Morning (Spending my weekends in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur). Any advice on where to hit up on those days to make the most out of this?
First off I want to say thanks Irish for the updates. I've been to most of those places by now (Bang Bang is a 10/10 just make sure you get on guestlist) and also Hero's does have an incredible crowd, as does the bar that has replaced the Vault. Pangea has resorted to clawing in university students, but it was full house after midnight (Friday). Duxton I still haven't touched yet.

Quote:Quote:

Thanks for the thread. I'm hitting up SG to visit from Sunday evening to Wed Morning (Spending my weekends in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur). Any advice on where to hit up on those days to make the most out of this?

Well it's pretty obvious that you're coming at the worst time, but I would say Clark Quay and Duxton Hill are great spots to hang on slow days- also, Tuesday Night's @ Hero's is a must. It's also lesbian night at Butter Factory IIRC for shits and giggles. Will inbox you details.

Depending on what time you get there tanjong beach club is pretty good during the day and early evening on a sunday.

I would echo cyclones recommendations also, pretty dead monday and tuesday as wedneday through to saturday is more lively. i would say tanjong beach club sunday evening, ku de ta at the top of marina bay sands for the view and touristy thing monday, and heros bar on circular road on tuesday

Where abouts are you staying?

Pangaea going for the students now? Damn, so much for the "worlds most expensive nightclub". I see they were also doing a bollywood style night, accidentally stumbled into it one thursday night. Was pretty fucking weird

Irish
I'm staying in CQ Sunday and Monday - and then Marina Bay Sands Tuesday - Wed Morning before I head to KL. I'm landing to SG at around dinnertime - then gotta check in at my hotel at CQ. Feasible to make it out to Tanjong Beach Club?