rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to Colombia on Wednesday September 24th! Help needed!

Hello Guys,

I'm new here and just booked a last minute trip to Bogota - Colombia. Yes, out of the blue.

Travel Duration:
Wednesday, Sept 24th - Tuesday, Sept 30th

1) Where to stay?
Basically I'm on my own from Sept 24 - 26 and I'm looking to be nearby bars, clubs, etc.. So I still need to book the Hotel or Apartment. Suggestions? I was told to stay nearby Zona Rosa.. I've read two extensive threads here as well..

Nearby Zona Rosa:
- Click Clack Hotel
- Urban Royal Calle 93B

2) Phone?
Is it worth getting a Pre Paid SIM Card for those 7 days? I've checked Claro Mobile and it looks like they have a 7 Days phone/text/data plan for 9000 Pesos.

3) Money?
How much Pesos should I bring for a Week? I believe I need money for Cab/Taxi and Clubs and I will be using my credit card for the rest (Hotel, Restaurant, etc...)

4) Meetups
Is anyone down there as of right now? I already PM'ed user "KsockZ".
Travel> Meetups:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-39127.html

I'm been reading a lot but time is running out... I gotta get everything sort out by today/tomorrow...

Just so you know, I've already gone through this:
MUST READ BEFORE POSTING! - Travel Forum Guidelines and City/Country List
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2134.html

Another Bogota Data Sheet
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10318.html

Colombia (Barranquilla, Bogota, Medellin, Pereira, Cali) in August and September
ttp://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-39127.html

Thank you in Advance.

Rob

[Image: giphy.gif]

Did you just get approved as a user on the forum? Good luck getting responses in time. Do some searches in the meantime.

When you're done with this, do a search on the forum for planning ahead.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (09-22-2014 04:12 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Did you just get approved as a user on the forum? Good luck getting responses in time. Do some searches in the meantime.

When you're done with this, do a search on the forum for planning ahead.

I've been reading/following RooshV for a year.

Created my account yesterday and became a Gold member today. (Cause it wasn't getting approved... I notice he approves only during the first week of the month.)

I didn't create this thread to troll. I do need some help specially because I've never been there. So, I'm trying to collect as many data as possible...

Thank you Buddy!

Quote: (09-22-2014 04:05 PM)Runner2k Wrote:  

Hello Guys,

I'm new here and just booked a last minute trip to Bogota - Colombia. Yes, out of the blue.

Travel Duration:
Wednesday, Sept 24th - Tuesday, Sept 30th

1) Where to stay?
Basically I'm on my own from Sept 24 - 26 and I'm looking to be nearby bars, clubs, etc.. So I still need to book the Hotel or Apartment. Suggestions? I was told to stay nearby Zona Rosa.. I've read two extensive threads here as well..

Nearby Zona Rosa:
- Click Clack Hotel
- Urban Royal Calle 93B

2) Phone?
Is it worth getting a Pre Paid SIM Card for those 7 days? I've checked Claro Mobile and it looks like they have a 7 Days phone/text/data plan for 9000 Pesos.

3) Money?
How much Pesos should I bring for a Week? I believe I need money for Cab/Taxi and Clubs and I will be using my credit card for the rest (Hotel, Restaurant, etc...)

4) Meetups
Is anyone down there as of right now? I already PM'ed user "KsockZ".
Travel> Meetups:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-39127.html

I'm been reading a lot but time is running out... I gotta get everything sort out by today/tomorrow...

Just so you know, I've already gone through this:
MUST READ BEFORE POSTING! - Travel Forum Guidelines and City/Country List
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2134.html

Another Bogota Data Sheet
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10318.html

Colombia (Barranquilla, Bogota, Medellin, Pereira, Cali) in August and September
ttp://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-39127.html

Thank you in Advance.

Rob

Saint Simon is a hotel a few blocks from Zona T...perfect location

Quote: (09-22-2014 04:55 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Thank you Dantes,

I'm looking into it! Would you have any other information to share?

Quote: (09-22-2014 05:20 PM)Runner2k Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2014 04:55 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Thank you Dantes,

I'm looking into it! Would you have any other information to share?

Search (Via Forum) Lots of information on Colombia

Have fun

I like this guy's style, book a last minute flight to a dangerous third world shit hole without doing any research, fuck ya, this is how legendary stories begin! Bogota is a pretty cool city and you'll have lots of things to do and see while you're there, here's some tips:

-Stick to the zona rosa area after dark, you should be on dates and partying at night anyway, so its a good place to be for someone who doesn't know the city, especially if you don't speak Spanish well. There's lots of bars and clubs up there to choose from, I highly recommend going to Gringo Tuesdays at La Villa, its a great way to meet women but get there early, before 7 but 5-6 is best, its also decent on Thursday as they have group salsa lessons.

-Check out La Candelaria during the day, go to the museo del oro and the Botero museum, walk around the old streets and see plaza Bolivar but get the fuck out of there by night, it fills up with crack heads and riff-raff (backpackers) down there.

-Safety: Its safe if you aren't an idiot, don't be trusting of strangers even though Colombians will be very nice to you, watch your drink at bars, don't leave things like your wallet or phone on tables. If a girl seems way too easy, there's probably a reason for it, proceed with caution. Don't whip out your smart phone on the street, step inside a store or whatever and don't speak loudly in English on it in the streets. Don't go out with ATM/credit cards at night, leave them home and don't have more cash than you're willing to lose should you get robbed. Don't wear too much bling when you go out, but do dress sharp, especially at night in the zona rosa. Some of these safety tips are a bit much.......the best advice I ever received from a Colombian was this: "don't present the opportunity for someone to take advantage of you because if you do, they will."

Taxis: Use the Easy Taxi app for peace of mind or call a taxi from a hotel or restaurant, I've hailed them from the streets many times but there's been stories of people getting jacked doing that.

There will be a Milenarios (Bogota soccer team) home game while you're there, I highly recommend going, here's the schedule: http://www.ligapostobon.com.co/calendari...illonarios

The strip clubs in Sante Fe are fun but super ghetto, don't go there alone day or night, if you want, I can link you up with bilingual Colombians (deportees from USA) who will take you there or guide you around the city for a reasonable fee, just PM me.

Good luck and have fun.

PM sent.

Been here a few days, advice from Scotian seems pretty solid.

my 2 cents, absolutely get a SIM card p, it cost like 20000 for the week. = $11usd

I used airbnb and booked a room in zona rosa, it's sick, I like this area. lots to do. I'm about to jump in shower now and go out.

went to museo de oro today, but was closed. ended up walking to Santa Fe by myself, against better judgement. was shady as fuck, but I made it out Ok. don't think I'd go by myself at night though.

online girls are super flakey, did manage to grab the flag from 1 the first night I was here on Saturday.

day game, girls are everywhere! super sexy, super feminine and super nice. just look confused and ask for directions and gauge interest and swoop her number.

My plans got smoked so I'm free to do whatever for the next 5 days, wouldn't mind checking out that game, it'll be nuts.

also, I've been using uber to get around, really easy and cheap as fuck. but I heard the Easy Taxi and Tappsi Apps are good.

Zona Rosa is fine, but in general, the whole Chapinero region (which Zona Rosa is in) is for the most part fine.

Don't bring cash to Colombia. Just pull out some money from a ATM, see how far it takes you, then pull out more if need be. Impossible to say how much you will need because no one here knows what your spending habits are like. Don't plan on using your credit card much. Yes, fine for hotels or high end restaurants, but cash is definitely more accessible for most places in Latin America.

If you want a particularly wild night out...I highly suggest to get out to Andres Carne de Res in Chia (north of Bogota) on a Friday night. It's quite a trek, so you will have to sort out your logistics beforehand, but it's probably one of the best clubs I have ever been to in my life. It's a steakhouse in the evening but turns into a gongshow at night. There is a second one in Zona Rosa, but it's not nearly as good (but still good).

Quote: (09-22-2014 08:43 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I like this guy's style, book a last minute flight to a dangerous third world shit hole without doing any research, fuck ya, this is how legendary stories begin! Bogota is a pretty cool city and you'll have lots of things to do and see while you're there, here's some tips:

-Stick to the zona rosa area after dark, you should be on dates and partying at night anyway, so its a good place to be for someone who doesn't know the city, especially if you don't speak Spanish well. There's lots of bars and clubs up there to choose from, I highly recommend going to Gringo Tuesdays at La Villa, its a great way to meet women but get there early, before 7 but 5-6 is best, its also decent on Thursday as they have group salsa lessons.

-Check out La Candelaria during the day, go to the museo del oro and the Botero museum, walk around the old streets and see plaza Bolivar but get the fuck out of there by night, it fills up with crack heads and riff-raff (backpackers) down there.

-Safety: Its safe if you aren't an idiot, don't be trusting of strangers even though Colombians will be very nice to you, watch your drink at bars, don't leave things like your wallet or phone on tables. If a girl seems way too easy, there's probably a reason for it, proceed with caution. Don't whip out your smart phone on the street, step inside a store or whatever and don't speak loudly in English on it in the streets. Don't go out with ATM/credit cards at night, leave them home and don't have more cash than you're willing to lose should you get robbed. Don't wear too much bling when you go out, but do dress sharp, especially at night in the zona rosa. Some of these safety tips are a bit much.......the best advice I ever received from a Colombian was this: "don't present the opportunity for someone to take advantage of you because if you do, they will."

Taxis: Use the Easy Taxi app for peace of mind or call a taxi from a hotel or restaurant, I've hailed them from the streets many times but there's been stories of people getting jacked doing that.

There will be a Milenarios (Bogota soccer team) home game while you're there, I highly recommend going, here's the schedule: http://www.ligapostobon.com.co/calendari...illonarios

The strip clubs in Sante Fe are fun but super ghetto, don't go there alone day or night, if you want, I can link you up with bilingual Colombians (deportees from USA) who will take you there or guide you around the city for a reasonable fee, just PM me.

Good luck and have fun.

Hello Scotian!

This whole idea about going to Colombia happened right after I came back from Las Vegas (About 2-3 weeks ago). Look where I got myself into now! LOL

Basically, I was raised and born in Brazil and It's been 4 years since I moved in to Canada (Toronto). I'm aware about Colombia being "Third World" but how bad could it be compared to Brazil right... Things are pretty f up over there as well.

As of right now, I'm staying nearby Zona Rosa area.

I checked the Millonarios schedule and it looks like there is a Match tomorrow @ 8PM and on Saturday as well. Too bad I don't like Soccer...?! [Image: icon_eek.gif] Yes, I'm brazilian but we are not obligated to love the sport! LOL

Thank you for all the information though!!

Rob

Quote: (09-22-2014 11:37 PM)KsockZ Wrote:  

PM sent.

Been here a few days, advice from Scotian seems pretty solid.

my 2 cents, absolutely get a SIM card p, it cost like 20000 for the week. = $11usd

I used airbnb and booked a room in zona rosa, it's sick, I like this area. lots to do. I'm about to jump in shower now and go out.

went to museo de oro today, but was closed. ended up walking to Santa Fe by myself, against better judgement. was shady as fuck, but I made it out Ok. don't think I'd go by myself at night though.

online girls are super flakey, did manage to grab the flag from 1 the first night I was here on Saturday.

day game, girls are everywhere! super sexy, super feminine and super nice. just look confused and ask for directions and gauge interest and swoop her number.

My plans got smoked so I'm free to do whatever for the next 5 days, wouldn't mind checking out that game, it'll be nuts.

Hey man!
I got your PM. I will talk to you soon.

Does the prepaid plan includes Data as well? What Carrier did you go with? I was checking Claro Mobile website yesterday...

Have you been using Tinder down there? Oh man, you are doing well then!!

We have got to meet up man. For sure! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (09-23-2014 12:12 AM)Americas Wrote:  

Zona Rosa is fine, but in general, the whole Chapinero region (which Zona Rosa is in) is for the most part fine.

Don't bring cash to Colombia. Just pull out some money from a ATM, see how far it takes you, then pull out more if need be. Impossible to say how much you will need because no one here knows what your spending habits are like. Don't plan on using your credit card much. Yes, fine for hotels or high end restaurants, but cash is definitely more accessible for most places in Latin America.

If you want a particularly wild night out...I highly suggest to get out to Andres Carne de Res in Chia (north of Bogota) on a Friday night. It's quite a trek, so you will have to sort out your logistics beforehand, but it's probably one of the best clubs I have ever been to in my life. It's a steakhouse in the evening but turns into a gongshow at night. There is a second one in Zona Rosa, but it's not nearly as good (but still good).

Bro,

But I do need to have some cash on me upon arrival... right? I think I will go with like 600000 Pesos (About US$300). That money will be used towards Cab/Taxi, clubs, and whatever I find shady enough.

As far as the places/clubs are concerned. Do you have to buy the tickets before hand or it's pretty much show up at the door and get in?

Thanks man!

Quote: (09-23-2014 09:20 AM)Runner2k Wrote:  

Bro,

But I do need to have some cash on me upon arrival... right? I think I will go with like 600000 Pesos (About US$300). That money will be used towards Cab/Taxi, clubs, and whatever I find shady enough.

As far as the places/clubs are concerned. Do you have to buy the tickets before hand or it's pretty much show up at the door and get in?

Thanks man!

You could do that, but honestly you are going to get major dinged on exchanging CAD to COP in Canada. There should be ATMs in the airport where you can pull out some cash. Or just get 50 bucks or something in COP then pull out the bulk of it from a bank when you get there.

The taxi out of Bogota airport is expensive however. It's all legitimized, they will make you go to the counter and buy a ticket with where you are going. Make sure you have the address written down and can just give it to the lady at the counter.

I found success just sneaking out the door and hailing one on the street away from the airport, but it's not advised due to 'safety' reasons.

As far as the bars/clubs, I never had any trouble getting into places. For Andres Carne de Res, I would go a bit earlier to make sure. I also believe you can put your name on the guest list here:

http://www.andrescarnederes.com/es/reservas

Not sure how that all works though.

Another option that I would recommend is Cha-Cha in Chapinero. It's a bit pricey if I recall, and it's kind of 'glamour' because it's on the top of a skyscraper. However, if you are looking for some of the highest talent while clubbing in Bogota, that is one of the better places in the city to go.

Just trying to offer some other options really. I wouldn't rely on Zona Rosa for 100% of your nightlife, I personally didn't like the area all that much and there are plenty of other options in Bogota.

All good advice....Saint Simon is a relatively good deal for being in the heart of the zona rosa (3 star hotel) and they dont charge you for bringing back a girl, (I send lots of visitors there) but Airbnb is better for finding solid apartments at a reasonable price especially for longer stays. Check out the online Bogota entertainment magazine for all the upcoming events.... http://bogota.vive.in/bogota/index.html

A few new bars opened on Calle 85 near zona T.....El Fabuloso is a high end club with a wood oven pizza/sushi bar on a top floor open air patio....its above fruit market on 7 floor....tons of hot women, but bring your A game and solid spanish....I also just hit a newer bar 2 doors down called Bar BC....more grungy and tons of alternative/rocker chicas....fun place.....you have to be a member to attend the private partys on Thursdays...crazy fun group....

Thurs-Sat...Zona Rosa has lots going on.....I work early mornings so I prefer hitting after work happy hour martini lounges/bar....or wine bars.....they are all over the zona rosa area and surrounding neighborhood of La Cabrea and Nogales....again all high end.....but full of smoking hot office workers.

If your not into the higher end or your looking for college age rocker girls/barrio girls head to Chapeniro or Quinta Comacho....there is a great new beer bar called statua rota (broken statue) Calle 54 # 6-23....also disco Jaguar on Calle 59 y septima can be fun.....again more barrio girls and college students....around the corner is a cool martini bar Mai lirol Darlin....great staff and owner....tons of bars all over chapeniro....and you always have the Calle 51 bars as well.....a cool old school retro salsa bar from the 70's-80's is Titico....on Calle 64 #13....great place to go to dance salsa with a date....

The Centro area of Bogota has some great clubs and La Macarena (Zona M) has a whole street full of great dining options and pubs.... more a date spot....I recommend a cool tappas spot called La Taperia Cra 4a calle 26D....you wont be disappointed....

Centrico club (old cha cha) is on the 40th floor of the old Hilton septima con #32....higher end club with awesome views and an open air smoking lounge on top.....get there early it gets packed on Saturdays....just south on septima is 30 piso (the end) after hours disco on the 30th floor of old office building....get there no earlier than 3am goes till 8am on Fri-Sat....entrance is in the parking garage under the building can be hard to find....

Santa Fe strip clubs are a whole other beast but can be a blast....tons of action.....hit it around 9pm-10pm on a Thursday...I recommend Paisas club....solid!!! But take taxis and I don't recommend walking around to much on the streets, unless your familiar and comfortable with the scene....

Download tappsi app on your smartphone....the most popular one in Bogota....will forward the license plate of the driver and his name to your email....you give the last two digits of your cell to taxi driver upon pickup as your password (clave).

I disagree on Chia Andres its a cool experience but I wouldn't waste a Friday or Saturday night on it.....its also an hour outside the city if there is minimal traffic, and if it is not going on, then your stuck going to bars in Chia....I prefer the Andres DC in Bogota....as afterwards you can bounce to many other bars or taxi to another barrio very easily.....

There are millions of places to go in Bogota and its tough for a newbie.... At Some point I will write up a sheet of more places....again to me Bogota is the best city in all of Colombia with minimal gringos....enjoy your stay!!!

Quote: (09-23-2014 12:23 PM)Americas Wrote:  

You could do that, but honestly you are going to get major dinged on exchanging CAD to COP in Canada. There should be ATMs in the airport where you can pull out some cash. Or just get 50 bucks or something in COP then pull out the bulk of it from a bank when you get there.

The taxi out of Bogota airport is expensive however. It's all legitimized, they will make you go to the counter and buy a ticket with where you are going. Make sure you have the address written down and can just give it to the lady at the counter.

I found success just sneaking out the door and hailing one on the street away from the airport, but it's not advised due to 'safety' reasons.

As far as the bars/clubs, I never had any trouble getting into places. For Andres Carne de Res, I would go a bit earlier to make sure. I also believe you can put your name on the guest list here:

http://www.andrescarnederes.com/es/reservas

Not sure how that all works though.

Another option that I would recommend is Cha-Cha in Chapinero. It's a bit pricey if I recall, and it's kind of 'glamour' because it's on the top of a skyscraper. However, if you are looking for some of the highest talent while clubbing in Bogota, that is one of the better places in the city to go.

Just trying to offer some other options really. I wouldn't rely on Zona Rosa for 100% of your nightlife, I personally didn't like the area all that much and there are plenty of other options in Bogota.

If it makes sense, I will try to convert like US$50 to COP. Then I will bring the other US$250 on me and get it converted when I get there. (as needed...)

Roughly, how much would a taxi cost from BOG airport to Zona Rosa?

20,000 pesos, maybe 25k max. Of course, they'll try to charge you 50k.

I stay at the Hilton once or twice a month and it's usually 15-20 and is 10 blocks from the Zona T

All good info from the prior posters.

There are ATM machines at the airport (Bogota) – immediately outside the doors when you clear immigration and customs (turn right as you exit the doors--about half a dozen different ATMs from different banks).

You might want to call your bank to alert them that you’ll be using your ATM card in Colombia – they sometimes default to not approving cash withdrawals for anti-fraud reasons absent your prior instructions.

Good advice, too, about using cash everywhere but the hotel. As a prior poster indicated, lots of smaller establishments don’t take credit cards. Plus, you don’t have the same consumer protections against fraudulent use of your card as you would here in North America. (Fortunately, I don’t know by experience, but my understanding is that U.S. card issuers treat foreign transactions as cash advances and not credit purchases, so the consumer protections against fraudulent use of the card are less than they would be with fraudulent charges in your home country.)

Don’t forget to wear a jacket – Bogota’s often cold and rainy.

Wow Tully, looks like you're well versed in the Bogota night life scene now, I remember you hitting me up two years ago for Bogota advice, looks like its gonna be the other way around now. Have you ever gone out to Primero de Mayo? Apparently its really rough and I've been warned by several locals not to go there (the upper class ones who don't like to leave their bubble in the north), but apparently there's tons of bars and clubs there and can be a really good time.

Says he's been lurking for months.

Knows nothing about what to do or where to go.

Starts a thread to have info spoonfed to him so he has to make zero effort.

Scotian I dont know why you like his style so much. This is the type of thing a woman would do and be offended if no one jumped to her aid.

Quote: (09-24-2014 06:50 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Wow Tully, looks like you're well versed in the Bogota night life scene now, I remember you hitting me up two years ago for Bogota advice, looks like its gonna be the other way around now. Have you ever gone out to Primero de Mayo? Apparently its really rough and I've been warned by several locals not to go there (the upper class ones who don't like to leave their bubble in the north), but apparently there's tons of bars and clubs there and can be a really good time.

Yea I still get out as much as possible, however there are stills lots and lots of areas for me to still discover in this massive city. Primero de Mayo is a gold mine. It's one of the biggest nightlife zones in Bogota....It's a bit of a haul to get there from the north but tons of action....it's got it all....definitely not a part of the city I would recommend for a newbie, but you will be fine if you walk with a purpose and don't get so hammered as to "Dar papaya".....you will rarely if ever see a gringo in those parts....keep me posted on your return...

If you are going to Bogota for the sketchiness, you will love it.

One time we were out and my colombian friends were like "lets go to santa fe" two of them went and two of us didnt go. The next morning (we rented rooms in the same building) they were like:

"Man, it was crazy last night, we took these two girls backand had a foursome. They slept over and in the morning they wanted money. We were like, ok, come with us, well go to the atm."

Now these mofos were broke and did NOT even have bank accounts...

"So yea we took them to this place and were like, ok, wait here, well get money and be back in a second. Then we got around the corner and just ran."

Bogota...

had a hellava time last night hanging out with runner, good dude. well have fun the next couple of days

Quote: (09-25-2014 12:55 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Says he's been lurking for months.

Knows nothing about what to do or where to go.

Starts a thread to have info spoonfed to him so he has to make zero effort.

Scotian I dont know why you like his style so much. This is the type of thing a woman would do and be offended if no one jumped to her aid.

Fisto its guys like this who end up getting shot, stabbed, kidnapped or killed abroad then they're faces are all over the western media, scaring people not to go to X country "because its so dangerous", it actually works well in our favour, we should definitely encourage this type of behavior.

Quote: (09-25-2014 11:02 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

If you are going to Bogota for the sketchiness, you will love it.

One time we were out and my colombian friends were like "lets go to santa fe" two of them went and two of us didnt go. The next morning (we rented rooms in the same building) they were like:

"Man, it was crazy last night, we took these two girls backand had a foursome. They slept over and in the morning they wanted money. We were like, ok, come with us, well go to the atm."

Now these mofos were broke and did NOT even have bank accounts...

"So yea we took them to this place and were like, ok, wait here, well get money and be back in a second. Then we got around the corner and just ran."

Bogota...

The last time I was in Sante Fe at a strip club with some buddies, I asked one of the strippers if she could find me a tube of blow, she came back about 5 minutes later and sold me one for 15K. A waiter saw this happen and he came up to me and said something like "look man, if you're gonna buy coke here, you gotta buy it from me" I says, ok will do, then he asks "how much did you pay for that?", I told him the price then he says "I'll only charge you 10K and mine is probably better" haha only in Sante Fe, actually not really, that shit happens all over Colombia!

Only if I could post pictures dude! So far, one of my top 5 trips ever and it's just begun!