rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Countries in which being a foreigner is a noticeable minus

It has to be said that for a variety of reasons the vast majority of people date and enter into matrimony with those from the same nationality or ethnicity. The saying “birds of feather flock together” often holds true in the dating community.

Still, in most countries there is a certain segment of the population that is open to getting intimate with foreigners – foreign men are able to use dating niches and focus on adherents of particular subcultures.

Based on your travel experiences, in which countries does being a foreigner actually put you at a significant disadvantage in terms of gaming? Are there places where the “exotic advantage” of the mysterious foreigner is almost non-existent?

The reasons behind that could be manifold - girls may think highly of their own countrymen and thus display a lack of interest in interacting with foreigners, especially when it comes to dating. In addition, impenetrable cultural mores, a huge diversity of phenotypes that already exists or an in-built suspicion and distrust of outsiders may complicate matters for the foreign guys.

India

Italy

A few middle eastern countries with strict fundamentalism or closed off family clans.

There's usually always a niche though.

In the anglosphere the niche for foreigners only favors europeans with a favorable reputation (ie. Italians, French, Spaniards, etc..) and it's nearly non existant for individuals from the subcontinent or Asia.

Japan, with the caveat that some girls do go after foreigners there.

The generall impression, though, is that foreigners in Japan are just English-teaching, low-status monkeys who are going to go home in a year or so. And they don't speak Japanese.

Probably Korea too.

I get the impression that German girls usually prefer German men over foreigners. Spanish women aren't particularly interested in foreigners either. As for France, I wasn't there too long but my feeling was that French women don't care as much about nationality, but if you can't speak French to a high level they're unlikely to look at you twice. At least, that's all in the day game sphere of things.

Being north american puts at an advantage in France.
In other Latin countries, you have to be of north european decent
In Asia, being white is an advantage
In Eastern and north Europe, being dark skinned can be an advantage - though Spaniard and Italian are ruining it

Quote: (09-18-2014 08:28 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

Japan, with the caveat that some girls do go after foreigners there.

The generall impression, though, is that foreigners in Japan are just English-teaching, low-status monkeys who are going to go home in a year or so. And they don't speak Japanese.

Probably Korea too.

Yep, definitely Japan if you are going for the higher quality women and not just the white fetish crowd in Roppongi. You can be a well dressed expat professional and still get asked if you're an English teacher - i.e., a barely literate, subsistence wage monkey.

In insular cultures like Japan or Korea bad foreigner behavior has a compounding effect. If you get enough dickheads misbehaving or beta simps acting like fools then the bad reputation gets put on all foreigners over time. I'm not talking about normal game behavior but stuff like open disrespect of locals and ignoring social etiquette.

I bet Korea and Japan were probably much better back in the 90's before it became a mainstream trend to teach english in Asia.

Even in countries like Thailand you can see the overall rep of foreign men as pretty tepid these days. But in the lower tier countries economics and lack of education keeps the ethnocentricity somewhat in check. Foreign men still have quite a bit of value.

Regarding Japan, I would say it's a bit more complicated.

If you are a FOB English teacher with no language skills, low income and poor fashion sense by Japanese standards, of course you will struggle with any women over a 5.

But if you are equal to a Japanese guy in appearance, income, and can speak Japanese, you have the advantage over him.

Some girls won't go for you because you're foreign, but you will have both the small niche who are into foreigners and the larger niche who are curious to discreetly "try a foreigner".

In addition, you will get a pass on being a player in some respects because you are foreign. You already stand outside Japanese society, you don't feel the crushing social pressures that Japanese face.

In some ways being foreign in Japan is like having any point of difference in your home country - muscles, money, being a musician. It doesn't guarantee you pussy, but if you are smart you can use it as leverage.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I think we all know from the forum, which countries are not foreigner friendly in general. So I will just mention those in my personal experience. As as a Latino American these countries' girls girls have not treated me well: Argentina, Spain, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Morocco, Egypt, Israel. I believe it is a Mediterranean thing.

Korea is easily one of the most xenophobic places in the world. You won't even get into some clubs and bars for being white.

Cyprus

Your best bet in Cyprus is to bang the slutty British girls on vacation.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

One of the best quotes I've ever heard traveling is from a Euro dude who said "In any country you go to 98% of the girls don't want to date you because you are a foreigner".

Yeah, that is not totally accurate but it's spot on with the fact that in basically any country most girls are just going about their daily life and expect and want to marry a local guy (whether it's for cultural, language, accessibility, or other reasons).

A lot of times on this forum guys are like XYZ country is top notch for foreigners. But even a place that is known for being good for that like Brazil or Thailand doesn't mean 100% or even 50% or even 10% of girls want to date a foreigner. It just means there is an active group of chicks who are but that group might actually only constitute 2% of the population.

Italy is definitely the worst in Europe. 100%.

I don't think Spain is far behind.

Obviously it depends what kind of foreigner you are I guess.

In all germanic countries being a foreigner from a less wealthy country is a minus.

South Korea and Japan

Quote: (09-19-2014 12:36 AM)atlant Wrote:  

Korea is easily one of the most xenophobic places in the world. You won't even get into some clubs and bars for being white.

Quote: (09-19-2014 04:45 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

South Korea and Japan

I've heard bad things about South Korea for foreigners, not so much for Japan though. Remember that video filmed in Hong Kong where the skinny blonde American pickup guy stole a dudes girlfriend right in front of him that had a big thread on the forum earlier this year? The guy who filmed that is a friend of a friend. Interestingly the girl in the video actually told him later she only likes Chinese guys. Anyway, I heard both of them got completely blown out in Seoul, more so than anywhere else they've been in Asia and that being white was actually a negative there. It's a race thing more than a foreigner thing, an American born Korean dude would not have had that issue.

North Korea is in many ways a Fascist state founded on ideals of racial purity ala Nazi Germany.

I'm surprised nobody has said Sweden.
As long as you have black hair, you might as well be a mexican lawnmower.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

All the land controlled by IS? But realistically, in some places it's more about race. For example, an Asian in Britain will have a lower SMV to (white) British girls than a British guy. A Latino however would have a high SMV as long as he wasn't a 'scumbag' of sorts and had a job, spoke good English etc...

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the United States. I always believed that that not being from Mexico was a minus in Mexico, at least with the high end, although other posters' experiences in Mexico seem to be completely different from my own.

All Middle East countries, and Arab countries overally.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (09-19-2014 04:04 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

One of the best quotes I've ever heard traveling is from a Euro dude who said "In any country you go to 98% of the girls don't want to date you because you are a foreigner".

This is false, because it all depends on life situation and circumstance.

Here are some cases where girls are significantly interested in meeting foreigners:

- In a 'liberal' college for the first time, interested in everything foreign and new, very high probability to want to experiment with a foreign man

- In academic circles and among scientists. This group of women are very receptive if you're a smart foreigner.

- Upper class women who are more interested in social status than nationality and where marriages across nationalities are common.

- Upper middle class girls who have studied abroad want to re-live their experiences

Notice what the above have in common? You are very unlikely to meet them in a bar or club in general and even less likely to meet them in a foreigner club.

The number of women who would be open to date/marry foreign is highly underestimated, because these groups of women are not as accessible and often require social circle game to meet.

The kinds of girls that foreigners usually hook up with are:

1) Culturally discriminated against. Like mulatto girls in Latin America or darker Asians in Asia, where their looks are considered low class.

2) Poor girls

3) Experimenting young women away from parents

My point is that the women in the first part of the post will almost always have a positive impression of you as a foreigner, regardless of how racist or xenophobic the country is in general.

Most if not all countries I've been to. It's much easier to get sex in the West due to feminism and having your apartment and life all set up.

Quote: (09-19-2014 11:54 AM)berserk Wrote:  

Quote: (09-19-2014 04:04 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

This is false, because it all depends on life situation and circumstance.

Here are some cases where girls are significantly interested in meeting foreigners:

- In a 'liberal' college for the first time, interested in everything foreign and new, very high probability to want to experiment with a foreign man

- In academic circles and among scientists. This group of women are very receptive if you're a smart foreigner.

- Upper class women who are more interested in social status than nationality and where marriages across nationalities are common.

- Upper middle class girls who have studied abroad want to re-live their experiences

Notice what the above have in common? You are very unlikely to meet them in a bar or club in general and even less likely to meet them in a foreigner club.

The number of women who would be open to date/marry foreign is highly underestimated, because these groups of women are not as accessible and often require social circle game to meet.

I co-sign this, but with a caveat. If you think these upper-middle to upper class women you describe (with the exception of the scientists/academics) can't be found in bars and clubs you are either going to the wrong venues or live in a city too small to have diverse nightlife options. You can find these girls at any top tier university campus too.

Quote: (09-19-2014 10:05 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

I'm surprised nobody has said Sweden.
As long as you have black hair, you might as well be a mexican lawnmower.

Maybe it's because you're Persian? Though even Roosh said he got plenty of foreigner love for being American there and he's Middle Eastern.

Unfortunately, my favorite countries for culture, history, and beauty are the ones I had the most difficult time picking up:

Greece
Spain
Portugal
Italy

Thailand.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling