rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Senator seeks to strip NFL of tax exempt status over domestic violence

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/sports...tatus.html

Quote:Quote:

Amid uproar over the N.F.L.’s handling of domestic abuse cases involving some of its players, Senator Cory Booker, Democrat of New Jersey, has introduced a bill that would disallow major professional sports leagues, most notably the N.F.L., from claiming status as tax-exempt nonprofits.

The bill is aimed at raising $100 million over 10 years, according to Booker’s office, which would be used to pay for state domestic abuse programs across the country. It is unlikely to gain widespread support.

I'm not sure exactly why the NFL is a tax exempt company to start with. Must be some decent reason, I suppose. I am sure them losing this status would be a pretty large hit to the league, and all in all, to men's ability to escape their mind numbing boring/sexless middle class lives.

But this country is starting to lose its damn mind over protecting women. I do my best to avoid media outlets, and I still cannot escape it. I can't believe there are still men buying into all this nonsense and women who can't think beyond 5 seconds into the future, or at least enough to support this modern day witch hunt.

I get ready for bed and on TV last night there is a segment about the NFL and how horrible the players treat women. The next segment is about the "War on Women". I wake up and catch up on this forum and there is the nonsense story about the mattress being carried on campus. I drive to work and on the radio the local host is taking calls about the nearest large public university and whether women are safe there. Some mom calls in and claims both her daughters were drugged and raped. No one questions it and just goes with the fact it must have happened.

The greatest asset to the extremists in the middle east is the liberals destroying this country and men in general piece by piece. The madness and the amount of attention and resources devoted to chasing the invisible boogie man, all so that women can FEEL safer and to take away men's rights is out of control.

They don't pay taxes? They are a non-profit?
Fuck that shit, they're making millions upon millions each season in each city, if I gotta pay my dues, so should they.
And if the excuse to make them pay is some dumb drunk bitch getting put in her place, then so be it.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

I don't think they should lose tax exempt status over this because they shouldn't have been tax exempt in the first place.

The nfl league office, a very small part, is a non-profit in order to avoid double taxation. They still pay millions in taxes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...pay-taxes/

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (09-17-2014 09:06 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

The nfl league office, a very small part, is a non-profit in order to avoid double taxation. They still pay millions in taxes.

Doesn't Goodell earn $44mil salary per year. This is a lot more in compensation that a reasonable person can find acceptable for a nonprofit executive to make.

The price of popularity and expanding your appeal to women. More money always more problems. They are forcing you in dirty ways to get rid of your Redskins name, forcing increases on your internal punishments on players which hurts your teams abilities to win and make money, and now they will remove your tax shelters.

You all know what's coming next. All levels of more affirmative action. Cries for women and gay assistant coaches and front office GMs, scouts, etc.

Like Scorpion and a few others have said before, these mentally sick people will never stop and are never satisfied until they have destroyed everything. Sounds like a good business opportunity for an old fashioned football league for a patient investor, once the NFL is torn up to the point it is unrecognizable. Their own on the field flag penalties are causing some former players to not want to watch the games anymore. You cannot hit the QB in the chest anymore and you cannot contact receivers at all anymore. Might as well put skirts on the QBs and WRs for more Fantasy Points for all these ladies that have been getting angry in the work office over their Fantasy Teams...

It's amazing how a degenerate vice like gambling and unnecessary female pandering has ruined a long running sport so quickly. Is this why David Stern was very anti gambling for the NBA?

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

It's a publicity stunt and a way to score cheap, easy points with his constituents because there's no chance it will pass. I agree that they shouldn't have had tax-exempt status before this.

Quote: (09-17-2014 09:20 AM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2014 09:06 AM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Doesn't Goodell earn $44mil salary per year. This is a lot more in compensation that a reasonable person can find acceptable for a nonprofit executive to make.

clubs for the promotion of athletics are perfectly legal as non profits. If the NFL can't have it then your local tykes t-ball association can't be non profit either.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Thinking about this a little more...

A wise man on this forum, and I don't know who first said it, once said and was wisely repeated many times...

Women ruin everything.

Quote: (09-17-2014 10:42 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Might as well put skirts on the QBs and WRs for more Fantasy Points for all these ladies that have been getting angry in the work office over their Fantasy Teams...

Teams that their husbands and boyfriends drafted for them.