rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Traveling Abroad Bad For Your Game?

So I've spent most of the last six years living and traveling abroad. I've lived in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico and The Dominican Republic. Some of that time I was with my ex girlfriend and a good chunk of that time I was gaming.

I'm from Chicago and the last couple years I've gone back a few weeks each year to re connect with old friends and hang out. I've noticed that when I go out when I'm in Chicago it feels like my game has gotten much worse. Even though I've experienced way more success with women in the last few years than at any point in my life.

But it seems like my US style game has actually gotten worse. Like I've become so spoiled by third world women that I've forgotten how to connect with my western female counterparts.

I'm not really worried about this since I'm no longer living in the US full time. Could also be partly my age. I'm 40 now and was 34 when I left. But I think overall I've just gotten much lazier and less motivated to play the western style pickup game.

Has anyone else noticed this after spending extensive time abroad?

If your game has gotten worse, it's definitely not due to travelling.

It should be the opposite.

Check your inner game; I think you're letting a lot of assumptions affect you maybe?

This is very possible, FSU girls require a different game then American girls. I found my game was off after returning to the US from Russia. Back in the US you have no exotic factor, are not richer then others, need to play the clown game, etc.

the consensus here is that inner game is the most important part of game.

travelling, laying scores of hot foreign women and seeing the world from a fresh perspective undoubtedly will only affect your confidence and inner game in only a positive way therefore travelling abroad for extended periods is NOT bad for your game.

However, that being said, you will most definitely be rusty in the style and techniques required to game western women.

But as long as your inner game is on point, getting back into the american rhythm shouldn't be too difficult to do. A few weeks of grinding and you'll soon be back at your best.

The short answer is hell no. Traveling abroad and reading RVF created my game. I'll write more on that later.

"...I've forgotten how to connect with my western female counterparts...

...I've just gotten much lazier and less motivated to play the western style pickup game...."

Sounds like your psychological immune system is rejecting the poison of the American sexual marketplace and reacting to the low quality/quantity of quality available back home. IMO this is a feature, not a bug, of the attitude shift you get being abroad.

As for the general question "Is Traveling Abroad Bad For Your Game?"

Let's look at a similar question: is traveling abroad bad for your wallet?

Absolutely. However, the point of traveling isn't to save your money - you get something in return for spending the bucks.

Such it is with travel, IMO. If you can game successfully, that's a bonus. But the benefits of traveling abroad are manifold and huge even if you never game at all.

Holy shit no, by going to countries where I'm considered more attractive I've racked up tons more experience than I ever could have in my home country, simply by being given a chance much more often. I don't think game can help you if you don't meet the 'Ok I will bother talking to you' threshold.

Quote: (09-07-2014 11:26 PM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

...I've just gotten much lazier and less motivated to play the western style pickup game...."

Sounds like your psychological immune system is rejecting the poison of the American sexual marketplace and reacting to the low quality/quantity of quality available back home. IMO this is a feature, not a bug, of the attitude shift you get being abroad.

My international experience probably hasn't hurt my game at all, but my years abroad mean that when I'm back in North America, I have about zero desire to pursue 98% of the women I interact with.

I just isn't worth the hastle when I know I'm going to be back somewhere much more game friendly six months down the road.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-08-2014 01:30 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2014 11:26 PM)BadgerHut Wrote:  

My international experience probably hasn't hurt my game at all, but my years abroad mean that when I'm back in North America, I have about zero desire to pursue 98% of the women I interact with.

I just isn't worth the hastle when I know I'm going to be back somewhere much more game friendly six months down the road.

This is more what I was getting at.

I wouldn't worry about it bro. Here's why:

If you define 'game' as the ability to get irritating, sub-par, Western pussy while valiantly suppressing your disgust for the owner of said pussy, then I'd say traveling abroad definitely worsens your game.

How can it not...?

How can a man, having experienced the fragrant, feminine delights abroad that are virtually unheard of in the USA, ever return to the loud, mannish, aggressive and insolent psuedo-women that inhabit his once-proud homeland without great reluctance?

Thinking more broadly, this phenomenon illustrates the key concept of efficiency vs effectiveness quite nicely.

You can be extremely efficient at doing the wrong thing, such as chasing and banging American chicks.

But it's still doing the wrong thing, and is thus ineffective.

You see this play out endlessly in the business world as well.

Companies spend months or years building the hell out of their product.

And then when they ship their beautiful baby, they find out that nobody actually wants it.

They've efficiently built the wrong thing; a golden doohickey that you can't even sell.

They've got thousands of lines of pristine code to show for their efforts.

They have tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in their project.

They've put in countless hours of toil and heart and sacrifice.

But in the end, they've built something that nobody wants.

And so no amount of efficiency at doing the wrong thing will make up for a lesser degree of efficiency while doing the right thing.

Be effective first (get out of the West, which you've already done), be efficient second (improve your game).

Most guys try to do it in reverse and end up inevitably frustrated.

Then they go abroad and realize that they were fishing in the wrong pond all along.

It will certainly negatively affect your desire to spit game on annoying Western women, and they will sense that.

It will help, though, when you go after the foreign girls back home because now you have experience in their country.

So unless you want to spend lots of effort on going after the wrong kind of girl, you're probably better off sticking to foreign girls, though it will probably mean less bangs. You may have to move to a decent-sized city where such girls congregate.

Psychological. Maybe your game has stayed the same and you just have the foreigner factor. Traveling should always make you better because you spend more time talking to people, more dates, more interest in you, more bangs/connections with women. Positive outlook on life.

One benefit is that if you ever put American women on a pedestal before going abroad will help put that to bed by kicking them all down a peg or two.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

This is something I have wondered about as well after having moved out to Singapore and staring down the barrell of having to eventually go back to the UK for the time being at least and deal with the 2nd rate chicks there (not to mention the increased competition for them also).

Not really much more to add here other than what everyone has said and I agree with the fact that travel will have made you a lot more rounded a person and as a result you should be a lot more attractive to women. But you are likely now used to higher standards in girls and not prepared to put up with the entitled bullshit or more intense male competition for sub-par poosy. I would be surprised if your game has got worse, but I would expect your number of bangs may drop off from before. But this will be as a result of aiming for higher quality generally and screening out a high % of chicks. You may be under estimating how much lower you aimed and how much entitled shit you swallowed prior to leaving the US and realising how much greener the grass is elsewhere.

Of course you are also going to be a bit rusty in the particular aspects specific to American women as well (ie being more aggressive, cocky etc). When I was back visiting my UK home city last time for example I noticed I had completely forgotten how to deal with a chick's friends cockblocking. Before I left I was able to handle this fairly well but out in asia the friends almost never pull this bullshit, more often than not they try to HELP you hook up. As a result I just completely forgot to deal with it most of the time and lost a few decent chicks as a result through simple schoolboy errors on this front.

Overall however I think being abroad has definitely helped my game for sure, and I would be surprised if it hasn't helped yours. You can always re adjust back and relearn the basics for dealing with western chicks after a while. However the experience of travel and dealing with quality foreign chicks should do wonders for your inner game, as not only are you a more well travelled and interesting person, you will have a unique outlook on life other guys won't. Not to mention the additional 'DHV' of your travel stories etc. You will also have plenty of reference experiences from attracting and bagging some top quality girls so that the higher quality chicks in the US no longer seem all that. And they will smell this indifference off you as well.

The issue really seems to boil down to a question of motivation, and I for sure appreciate this as well as when I come back to my home country I really just cannot be arsed having to work harder for lower quality. But if by the sounds of it you are still hopping back and forth abroad I would just focus all your going out and pick up on the quality foreign ass when not in the US. As VincentVinturi so aptly puts it, it's much more important to find the right market with the greatest demand for your product first (effectiveness), then work on improving the product itself (efficiency).

Irish

The initial gaming process back at home with certain local cunts after traveling is a bit difficult and VERY irritating. But after some time, adjustments are made & one can easily get back into their typical routine...least that is the case for me.

As Irish mentioned, travel makes you that much more interesting & well-rounded. Your game should therefore bear more ammunition in whatever surrounding you're in as a result.

Quote: (09-07-2014 11:22 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

The short answer is hell no. Traveling abroad and reading RVF created my game. I'll write more on that later.

So, here is my take on it. If you are new to game and don't get much success, buy a ticket and fly to one of the poosy paradise countries for a couple of weeks to practice in a safe environment. This will improve your game and self esteem tremendously. I would recommend SEA as a starting point: Bangkok, Manila or Jakarta. If you don't like Asian girls, you can try Eastern Europe or Latin America, but nothing beats Asia when it comes to easiness/notch count (I've been to all these regions).

You will learn how to handle women, what works and what doesn't, what techniques work best for you. Yes, there are cultural differences, but IMO women are women no matter where you go. The most basic tenets of game transcend cultures.

There is an excellent recent topic on RVF by nomad77 about mindset being 75% of game. His point is that to be successful, you have to believe that you are entitled to, or worthy of, any woman out there, even the hottest one. This idea makes sense logically, yet it's very difficult to internalize if you live in a Western country. I would add to the point he made that traveling to SEA and gaming there will help you start changing your mindset and let this idea sink in.

Well traveling has definitely improved me as a person AND it's improved my success with women overall. I think it's just made my american style game rusty and I'm not sure that's really a bad thing in the grand scheme of things. If I ever go back to the states full time I'm sure I'd adjust.

Your game hasn't gotten worse, you've lost the motivation to put the work in.

When you game women you don't like, you just don't have the motivation to put your best self out. That takes effort, and your subconscious is telling you it would rather save the energy. In contrast, when you really like a girl, you almost always get her, because the motivation to do well is there.

Regarding the effect of travel of game, I personally have noticed that there seems to be short-term and long-term effects if you're abroad and returning to an Anglosphere country:

Short-term: upon returning back to my home country, the effects are usually somewhat negative. My game tends to not be as sharp.

Long-term: in the long-term, after you have re-calibrated your game, the effects of travelling are very good. Lizards view travelling abroad as a massive DHV, and there's nearly always interesting stories that come with travelling, which you can use to captivate the lizards. Additionally, gaming women overseas will give you gaming experience diversity.

"Short-term: upon returning back to my home country, the effects are usually somewhat negative. My game tends to not be as sharp."

When I took my last trip to Europe this summer, I decided _in the middle of the trip_ that I was done with American girl bullshit, I was going to dump my annoying FB and re-stuff my pipeline and not take any shit (not in a tough-guy sense, just a "if you're high maintenance I'm gone" sense).

It was a great feeling.

If you travel abroad and experience a lot of success..then come back home and your game is worse...it doesn't mean that traveling abroad was bad for your game. It just means that you don't have the patience to put in work for subpar women.

I have this problem every time I come back..and I'm having it now.
I don't have the patience to bicker with American girls over.trivial matter and deal with their attitudes when I could pull women points higher and much sweeter withe the same amount of work.
Is has nothing to do with game..I'm aware of the problem..But at the same time.. I refuse to adjust my game because I know my self worth. I'm worth much more than what she is offering as a person and I don't care to lower myself

I am the cock carousel