rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Full blown water fasting!

A lot of guys here have talked about IF and juice fasting, but what about full blown water fasting?

The idea of fasting has been around since the beginning of time. Many people like Ghandi have used fasting as a way to cleanse the body of toxic toxins from foods and actually heal many illnesses. It also cleans the mind and makes you think more clearly your thoughts which is a plus for game.

Also for muscled jacked guys out there, it not only puts you in full blown ketosis but it allows for more muscle definition when flexing.

Here's an article on fasting from Bragg

Quote:Quote:

Fasting—The Key to Internal Purification

Remember that all those inorganic chemicals must be passed out of your body or they can cause great damage. If the body's Vital Force drops too low then it can't force these inorganic chemicals through your eliminative systems. Then they remain in the body and can cause grave health damage in the future!

If we are to get these poisons out of our bodies we must fast. By fasting we give our bodies a physiological rest. This rest builds Vital Force. The more Vital Force we have, the more toxins are going to be eliminated from the body to help keep it clean, pure and healthy.

Fasting Aids in Flushing Deadly Poisons from the Body

When we fast (stop eating), all the Vital Force that was being used to convert food into energy is now being used to flush poisons from the body! When Patricia and I travel throughout America and the world lecturing, we are fortunate to know health-minded people everywhere. We are usually well-supplied with organically homegrown fruits and vegetables from their health gardens. But sometimes only commercially grown foods are available, which may have been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. But, we fast faithfully to cleanse toxins out, even when traveling, one 24 hour fast weekly.

I do four 7 to 10 day fasting periods yearly. When I go on a 7 to 10 day complete water fast, I take a specimen of my urine each morning upon arising. I put it in a small labeled bottle to let it cool and settle. In a few days, I can see little crystals forming in the urine. I have had my urine examined for chemicals, and the examiner has told me time and time again that traces of DDT and other deadly pesticide residues have appeared in my urine. On one occasion, I took a 21 day complete water fast. On the 19th day, I had terrible pains in my bladder. When I urinated it felt like red hot water passing through me. I had this urine examined and sure enough, it was filled with DDT and other poisons!

A great feeling of energy flowed over my body when this poison had passed out of it. The whites of my eyes were as clear as new snow. My body took on a pink glow and my energy surged. Now, remember I had been fasting for 19 days. Yet, I drove from Pasadena, California to Mt. Wilson, which is six thousand feet high, and climbed the trail with absolutely no fatigue! I ran with ease most of the way down the winding trail. I felt that a tremendous burden had been lifted from my body! In my personal opinion, fasting is the only way to rid the body of the many commercial poisons found in foods.

Fasting Conserves Energy—Your Vital Force

Let me explain. We eat food and as it passes through the body, it must be masticated, digested, assimilated and then the waste is eliminated. We have four great organs of elimination: the bowels, the kidneys, the lungs, and the skin. In order for these eliminative organs to work perfectly, the body must build a high Vital Force of body energy reserves.

It takes a tremendous amount of Vital Force to pass a large meal through the gastrointestinal tract and also eliminate the waste via the 30 foot tube that runs from the mouth to the rectum. It takes the great power of Vital Force to pass liquids through the 2 million filters of the human kidneys. It takes Vital Force for the chemical power of the liver and the gallbladder to do their work in preparing food for the billions of body cells. It takes great Vital Force for the lungs to deeply inhale up to 2 quarts of oxygen with each breath, to purify the entire bloodstream in your body and expel the toxins and the carbon dioxide. It takes great Vital Force for the skin (often called your third kidney) with its 96 million pores, to throw off body toxins in the form of skin rashes, pimples, sweat and foul body odors.

Fasting –A Natural Instinct and Great Purifier

Sickness is Mother Nature's way of showing you that you are filled with toxic wastes and internal poison. Dead people don't have colds. It is only when you are alive and have Vital Force that you have physical problems. By fasting, you are working with Mother Nature to help expel the wastes and poisons you have accumulated in your body. Every animal in the wilderness knows fasting, for it's the only method animals use to help overcome any physical trouble that befalls them. This is pure animal instinct. We humans have lived so long in this soft civilization that we have lost this natural instinct to fast when health problems occur in our bodies.

In your life you may have experienced physical suffering, when you felt no desire for food – it might even have repulsed you. Then, kind but ignorant relatives or friends may have told you to "eat to keep up your strength." The very last thing you needed was food, because your body was signaling you to stop eating. Mother Nature wanted you to fast so she could use your Vital Force to cleanse and then heal your body.

The soft voice of Mother Nature is often hard to hear and understand. By fasting, your extra-sensory instinct becomes very keen. The fast sharpens your mind and tunes you in with the gentle inner voice of Mother Nature and God. Fasting has made my inner body, mind and soul alert! My body and mind work better after each fast. I know yours will, too! Fasting is for sure a miracle!

Fasting clears away the thousand little things which quickly accumulate and clutter the body, mind and heart. It cuts through corrosion and renews our contract with God and Mother Earth.

Fasting is as Old as Man

The instinct that leads us to fast when the body is sick or wounded resides in the cells of every living being. The reason sick or wounded animals refuse to eat is that the instinct of self-preservation takes away their hunger so they will not eat. In this way, the Vital Force (which would otherwise have to be used in the digestion of food) is concentrated at the site of the injury to remove waste products, thus purifying and healing the body. The fasting instinct is so powerful and of such vital importance that, even though semi-civilized man has strayed from the natural path, he is still greatly influenced by this wonderful saving scheme of Mother Nature! If he would obey the silent voice of this infallible, natural instinct and stop eating when hunger has been withdrawn, he would soon get well. Better still, he would never get sick again, provided he ate natural food, lived in a natural environment and lived a sane, sensible, healthy and natural life.

Because the infallible intelligence of a living organism withdraws the sensation of hunger when there is an excess of food or when the body has been wounded, the desire to fast begins when either of these happen.

We read in ancient history that fasting has been practiced since time immemorial by the religious people of the East and by most ancient civilizations. They practiced fasting not only for the recovery of health and preservation of youth, but for spiritual illumination as well. Accordingly, we see the great philosopher, Pythagoras, requiring his disciples to undertake a fast of 40 days before they could be initiated into the mysteries of his philosophical teachings. He claimed that only through a 40 day fast could the minds of his disciples by sufficiently purified and clarified to understand the profound teachings of the mysteries of life.

As it was in the old days, fasting will not only purify the body and help restore it to well-being, but has a great effect on the mental and spiritual parts of man.

Fasting Awakens the Mind and Soul

In my own personal life, as well as in the lives of many of my students who have been conscientious and persistent in their fasting program, great mental and spiritual doors have been opened! If I read a book today, my mind retains what I read as clearly as if the book were in front of me . . . that is, I have a photographic memory. Hundreds of my students write that they, too, have developed a keen photographic mind. After a fast of 1 to 3 days, you will notice that a dark cloud has been lifted out of your mind. You can think more logically and you can come to decisions quite quickly. What was once a great problem becomes trivial! After a fast, you seem to fear nothing any more and things you worried about are solved easily by your purified mind.

In my personal life, fasting helped me develop a keen extrasensory perception. I can find solutions for many problems that once caused me many hours of anxiety and nerve-exhausting worrying. My fasting program has created an inner peaceful tranquillity of mind. I feel more serene and at peace with myself and the world because of my continued fasting program. As you purify your body and mind, you seem to come closer to a power higher than yourself! This inner strength and inner power, makes you a positive-thinking person.

The memory becomes sharp as a razor's edge. You can remember names, places and events that go back many years. You have a better capacity for self-education. Education is not a preparation for life, but education is life itself! To grow mentally and spiritually is the greatest goal we humans can have on this earth. So fasting works in three ways. You purify your body physically, mentally and spiritually and therefore enjoy super vitality and health. Your mind becomes a sponge which can absorb new facts and knowledge. Greatest of all are the inner peacefulness and spiritual tranquillity that make life worth living. Through fasting you find "Peace of Mind," the greatest and rarest gift of life.

Im trying this out tomorrow. I'll come back to you guys and share the results.

I'm not a fan of that article. It sounds like bro science (or hippie talk).

However. I started fasting this summer and it's helped me lose my belly fat almost completely.

I'll stop eating Sunday evening at like 6pm and fast all day Monday - just water. Not even supplements like fish oil that I usually take.

Then I'll eat lunch on Tuesday - no breakfast. So that's like 44 hours with nothing but water.

Then I do the same thing on Wednesday. So two dayd per week with nothing but water.

A small meal Tuesday night.

Going a day without food, to me, is not difficult. I am hungry while fasting, but not weak. I can function fine. After lunch on Tuesday and Thursday, I feel fine. Not hungry. As if I had eaten as normal. It's like the fast never happened.

There's something psychologically healing about knowing that for a day, you're simply not going to eat.

It's like being in a cabin in the woods with no Internet or phone, and no one around. It's telling your body, you can have a break now. Go rest for a while.

Anyway, fasting isn't for everyone. At the end of the day you can try it and see if it works. For me, fasting is a way to stay fit, even better than exercise. It saves you money. And for me, knowing that for two days a week I get to take a break from consuming, is soothing and puts me at peace.

I've done this before when cutting. I also recommend intermittent fasting if you still want to eat something.

I got a serious question.. How about if a person don't eat for a couple days because of a drug binge. I know that put new toxins in your body, but do you think it will help clear out some of the old toxins the same way?

I have water fasted 6 times, for weight loss, for longer than two weeks each time. longest fast was 32 days. IMHO less than two weeks is not that effective

get yourself to water fasting support forum at cure zone. there is one dude named Chris there that is an expert of sorts, but he keeps pushing vegan agenda for those coming out of fasts, other than that there is lots of support there

Quote: (09-01-2014 01:43 AM)calihunter Wrote:  

I have water fasted 6 times, for weight loss, for longer than two weeks each time. longest fast was 32 days. IMHO less than two weeks is not that effective

How much weight did you lose?

There was a thread here recently, a couple of months ago I think, about fasting, or to be more precise 3 day fasting and the positive effects it has on your health.

I've read that bodybuilders use water fasting to get down to those mythical 2-3% bodyfat numbers.

I don't think that is healthy and since water weight fluctuates all of the time it would be best to not look at numbers or a belly and just focus on diet and exercise (mostly exercise).

Frenchie, the thing is that my belly is consistently and noticeably better. I look much fitter now and water fasting is the only thing that I changed. I don't look at numbers but I have noticed great results with water fasting, and the results have not fluctuated.

I'm on an oxygen fasting regimen right now. Heard the results are startling.

[Image: kid-holding-breath-o.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (09-01-2014 06:16 AM)Old Fritz Wrote:  

I would like to know this myself.

I'm starting a 30 day water fast today and will come back with the results December 3rd.

Quote: (09-05-2014 01:45 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (09-01-2014 06:16 AM)Old Fritz Wrote:  

I would like to know this myself.

Over the course of that year. Started at 240+. Final weight in was at 155. stabilized at 165 for 2 years. Began lifting and eating n been 175 after that. Feel best at 160-165 though

im 5'10" - 5'11"

Do people actually believe in 'removing toxins'?

What do you suppose the liver and kidneys are for?

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Also for muscled jacked guys out there, it not only puts you in full blown ketosis but it allows for more muscle definition when flexing.

If you are gonna water fast for 3+ days, then I think you better be ready to say goodbye to your muscles.

This is the kind of thing I think of when people say 'I can't lose weight'. Really? So, for example, if you were lost in the woods for 3 months, with nothing but water, would you emerge from those woods the same weight?

Didn't think so.

I went on a diet where I ate less than 800 calories a day until I lost 60 pounds. I still made sure I got enough protein every day with protein powder or fish. I drank a lot of water and found that water acts as an appetite suppressant because it fills your stomach giving your body signals that it is full.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (11-04-2014 11:59 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

I went on a diet where I ate less than 800 calories a day until I lost 60 pounds. I still made sure I got enough protein every day with protein powder or fish. I drank a lot of water and found that water acts as an appetite suppressant because it fills your stomach giving your body signals that it is full.

Definitely, up to a point. After a while you really do need to eat. You can't not eat and feel satisfied with water. But, drinking lots of water, strategically throughout the day (or tea), is a great way to suppress appetites. It has to be part of the diet, though. You can't just drink water all day and nothing else and expect to be able to function.

Quote: (08-31-2014 07:03 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

I'm not a fan of that article. It sounds like bro science (or hippie talk).

However. I started fasting this summer and it's helped me lose my belly fat almost completely.

I'll stop eating Sunday evening at like 6pm and fast all day Monday - just water. Not even supplements like fish oil that I usually take.

Then I'll eat lunch on Tuesday - no breakfast. So that's like 44 hours with nothing but water.

Then I do the same thing on Wednesday. So two dayd per week with nothing but water.

A small meal Tuesday night.

Going a day without food, to me, is not difficult. I am hungry while fasting, but not weak. I can function fine. After lunch on Tuesday and Thursday, I feel fine. Not hungry. As if I had eaten as normal. It's like the fast never happened.

There's something psychologically healing about knowing that for a day, you're simply not going to eat.

It's like being in a cabin in the woods with no Internet or phone, and no one around. It's telling your body, you can have a break now. Go rest for a while.

Anyway, fasting isn't for everyone. At the end of the day you can try it and see if it works. For me, fasting is a way to stay fit, even better than exercise. It saves you money. And for me, knowing that for two days a week I get to take a break from consuming, is soothing and puts me at peace.

I wanted to give an update on this fast routine. I still fast twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays usually. It saves money and it's been good for my health.

I only drink green tea and water on fast days. On the three other weekdays (including Fridays), I will eat only healthy food - a lot of Japanese food, as it happens. I get a Japanese bento (box lunch) and have it for lunch - lots of good meats, and vegetables, and some white rice. Real healthy. That's enough until dinner (I have not been eating breakfast for many years), where I'll eat something natural and healthy again, like Japanese food again or some Mediterranean dish, until I feel satisfied.

In other words, Monday through Friday I'm either on a fast day with no food, or I'm eating only natural, healthy meals. No sweets, processed food, or junk. On weekends I can eat sweets or chocolate but when I have a meal, it has to be healthy and natural. No processed foods - no pasta, no pizza, etc. Think something approaching the paleo diet - though I still have rice, etc.

Fasting is central to my healthy lifestyle - it's not hard. I feel hungry on fast days, but not very. The day after a fast day, when I feed, I feel hungry until I eat lunch, then I don't feel hungry. It's a regular-size lunch. Then later, I have dinner.

Some people eat on fast days - just a small meal, for example. I find that this tempts me to just eat more and more, so I avoid that altogether by mentally preparing myself to eat nothing all day. For me, it's easier that way. I just know that I'm not going to eat, so I don't.

Results: I'm thin and healthy, I feel great. Fasting isn't the only part of that, but it's a big part, as well as eating only healthy food (except for sweets on weekends). I bike a lot too, to work and back most days. I'll get into lifting ere long, thanks to RVF, and I'll probably have to modify my fasting routine accordingly.

Fasting has been great. I have no plans to stop. As I wrote before, it's not even really about losing weight or losing body fat. That can happen. But, really it's more about the mental stability that comes with knowing that for a couple days a week, you won't eat, you can take a rest. That helps with self-control generally, and the rest of the week I find myself more in control of my appetite.

Quote: (11-04-2014 07:47 AM)FretDancer Wrote:  

If you are gonna water fast for 3+ days, then I think you better be ready to say goodbye to your muscles.

And your brain cells. Information I have is anything after three days on just straight water and your brain is taking a major hit.

If your goal is clearing toxins and cell regeneration there is no need for this. Vision Quests and certain Buddhist rites are another story, and another thread.

I have done fasts and extended cleanses before, it's great for your health particularly if you were raised on processed foods and a high meat diet.

The Arise and Shine 28 day Cleanse: http://www.ariseandshine.com/cleanse-pro...d-out.html
Is widely regarded as the ultimate in detoxing, parasite and pathogen removal for the body.
It gets you on Hydrated Bentonite clay and Psyllium Husk to physically clear impacted matter from your intestines. There are also a lot of herbal supplements to support the body in moving this weight.
I've done this, the things that came out of me were extraordinary. If you wanna have your day ruined, look up "mucoid plaque."

Be careful with straight water fasts. I've seen people really fuck themselves up on them, and really, outside of three days, there is no reason for it.

"Pain is certain, suffering is optional" - Buddah

Quote: (11-04-2014 07:43 AM)Surreyman Wrote:  

Do people actually believe in 'removing toxins'?

What do you suppose the liver and kidneys are for?

Your toxins are stored mostly in your fat. Your Kidneys and Liver can't remove everything and toxins can enter in through other means other then food/diet. Whatever your kidneys and liver can't purge just ends up being stored away in your fat, if your always eating away at your excess fat via fasting you don't give your body a chance to build up toxins over time. Environmental exposure can range from dirty air with pollutants, or toxins entering via your skin.

I will add to add even more benefits to this is to drink water that is temperate/warm as this preserves more of your body's energy to not have to waste energy heating up the water to body temperature in your body. You can double the de-tox affects by having near hot (hot as you can handle to drink without burning/scolding your mouth) in the mornings to start your day and fast.

I got a serious question.. How about if a person don't eat for a couple days because of a drug binge. I know that put new toxins in your body, but do you think it will help clear out some of the old toxins the same way?

LLLOOL

On a serious note. Is this for real? I have tried IF in the past but not eating anything except water for 44 hours?

I want to see pic of you with your shirt off...

I just tried a 24 hour water fast and it was excruciating. I don't recommend it to anyone who has much/anything to do that day. I felt like a zombie, but then again that could have also been due to the lack of coffee in my system.

I read a little more about it, and it seems the main effect of a long-term fast is to get into ketosis. If that's the case, and if that's where the weight-loss benefits come from, then I'd prefer/suggest just doing an Atkins/Low-Carb type diet. That way, you will at least have something to eat, and you will still get the weight loss benefits of ketosis.

Today, I'm starting IT (Intermittent Fasting), and hopefully I will get some good results!

^^^^^ I'm on day 4 of the water fast and I feel like shit. I had a dream about eating a Subway sandwich last night with Doritos chips.