rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Dominican Republic. A Cautionary Tale?

So I spent about two years in the DR. Living on the beach in Cabarete. Playing guitar, surfing and living the good life. I dated and got to know quite a few of the chicas when I was there.

During my last few months there I dated a girl that was essentially living with me. I met her on the beach one day and she basically moved herself in right away. I didn't resist, because at that point really wanted something more stable.

She was very cute and half my age. I'm 40. I was happy with her... for awhile.

During the time I was living with her an ex gf of mine from Panama and I started talking and I went to visit her for about five days. I never told my dominican gf but I found that someone else I knew told her about the incident. She seemed cool about it at first, but weird things started to happen.

For example, one night I was going to sleep at about 1 am and I woke up to an intruder in my bedroom who was snooping through my closet in the exact spot I would always stash my wallet. The only person who could possibly know it would be there was my Dominican gf. I woke up abruptly when I heard the intruder, sat up and yelled "ladrone" (robber) over and over. He ran out of the room and out of my place without taking anything. I suspected my dominican girl might have something to do with this, but in the end chalked it up as a strange coincidence, at least at first.

During my time living there I heard countless tales of different scams dominican girls pulled. Everything from robbery, to marrying guys for visas and even murder. I met one Canadian guy who claims he knew three different guys murdered by Dominican women. I heard these stories, over and over and over.

Anyway, all these stories and my place getting robbed started making me suspicious of my girl and for a variety of reasons decided to leave her and the country rather abruptly. I just sort of felt like she was up to something, although it also very well could have been my over active imagination.

In a way my decision to leave her (it's been about six months) has sort of haunted me, because in a lot of ways she was one of the best girlfriends I've had. She cooked and cleaned. She went to buy groceries and drop off my laundry. She gave me daily massages. The sex was great. She catered on me like no other women I've ever dated has. For awhile it was great.

But something felt off.... and she also wasn't very smart.... so I ended it.

I realize you guys don't know me or her and can't really comment on my specific situation, but does anyone have experience with foreign girls pulling scams either in the DR or elsewhere? It seems like it's one thing hooking up with dominican girls and a whole other thing as far as long term relationships with much different potential pitfalls and issues.

In the end, I just went with my gut and said adios.

Someone on this forum, who I won't name had a situation like that... But it got worse and turned out to be a set-up to possible take there life. That's all I will say... Don't think ur "higher value" makes u one of them. You can get set-up by ANYONE.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

You are lucky she didn't clean you up completely, furniture and all. Dominican girls are known for that: when they feel you are about to kick them out, they'll wait till you are away for a few hours, will come with their whole family, - brothers, cousins etc, and just clean your place up, up to the last lightbulb. The mentality of a typical barrio chica: if she spends months living with a rich gringo (they are all rich to Dominicans without exception), and in the end she shows up back at the campo at her parents' with absolutely nothing to show for it, - no marriage, no US visa, no material spoils of any kind, that's a catastrophic FAIL, and everyone in a 3 miles radius will gossip about it. As long as she has at least a couple of couches in tow, her time wasn't for nothing.

As far as violence from girls, I only heard about it with connection to hookers and drugs - as long as you don't mess with that, should be fine. Overall, letting DR girls move in is a huge no-no.

Yeah if nothing else it was a big eye opener and lesson learned. I dated quite a few girls without incident but this was the first one that moved in with me. I felt like the DR had run its course for me anyway, but this situation led to me leaving a lot more quickly than I would have otherwise.

Where I live , there are a lot of Dominicans immigrants that came there looking for better life. I dont think it is a dominican thing . I think it is more like looking for an easy come up since she thought you was gonna cut her off. Just by reading what you wrote .

You took her out of the poor barrio into your home . I mean she knows if you leave her its back to hard life , so she tried to get some before you leave her.

I remember I heard a similar story with the rapper Gucci Mane like 8 years ago . He took a stripper home and after a while a group a guys came to his house he/ or the stripper opened door and they tried to rob him but she shot them . After that it turned out the stripper had to do with the robbery

Quote: (08-29-2014 08:24 PM)rover Wrote:  

You are lucky she didn't clean you up completely, furniture and all. Dominican girls are known for that: when they feel you are about to kick them out, they'll wait till you are away for a few hours, will come with their whole family, - brothers, cousins etc, and just clean your place up, up to the last lightbulb. The mentality of a typical barrio chica: if she spends months living with a rich gringo (they are all rich to Dominicans without exception), and in the end she shows up back at the campo at her parents' with absolutely nothing to show for it, - no marriage, no US visa, no material spoils of any kind, that's a catastrophic FAIL, and everyone in a 3 miles radius will gossip about it. As long as she has at least a couple of couches in tow, her time wasn't for nothing.

As far as violence from girls, I only heard about it with connection to hookers and drugs - as long as you don't mess with that, should be fine. Overall, letting DR girls move in is a huge no-no.

I agree with everything apart from the last part. You will be surprised on how many normal looking girls have participated in murders here in DR, Dominican girls will murder you if they think they can get some cash out of you (remember that hiring someone to kill here is not expensive at all and the chances of you spending time in jail are very slim). Great article on this http://open.salon.com/blog/timotuck/2011...n_republic

OP you did the right thing by moving out and going back home, Dominican girls always act nice during the relationship and they just wait for the right opportunity to strike.

I am 100% sure she was involved in that case where the thief went into your house. Your instincts are usually right.

Completely cut off contact with this girl and remember that with Dominican girls is a ''pump and dump'' thing.

Never disregard your gut instinct. It's a deeply ingrained survival tool. People disregard it to their detriment.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I've never been to Cabarete and I therefore don't know the housing situation there, but a way to prevent situations like the O.P. described is to only live in gated communities or in buildings with a doorman. This also prevents cockblocking when girls drop by unannounced when you are with another girl. I realize that this isn't a 100% solution, but it is definitely a big help. During my last Mexico trip, I stayed in a gated community and plan on continuing to do so in the future.

In five years of traveling around and hooking up with girls this has been probably the weirdest and hardest thing I've had to go through. I left some good friends behind in the DR as I had gotten to know quite a few people from my time there, but I felt very strongly that it was time to go and basically woke up one day, booked a flight for later that day and haven't been back since.

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:12 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I've never been to Cabarete and I therefore don't know the housing situation there, but a way to prevent situations like the O.P. described is to only live in gated communities or in buildings with a doorman. This also prevents cockblocking when girls drop by unannounced when you are with another girl. I realize that this isn't a 100% solution, but it is definitely a big help. During my last Mexico trip, I stayed in a gated community and plan on continuing to do so in the future.

I lived in a gated complex with 24 hour security. The security guard was asleep when this happened and there was a palm tree that just happened to obscure the view of the security camera that was pointing at my door, so nothing on tape....

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:21 PM)nomadiam Wrote:  

I lived in a gated complex with 24 hour security. The security guard was asleep when this happened and there was a palm tree that just happened to obscure the view of the security camera that was pointing at my door, so nothing on tape....

What's the name of the complex? - just curious. In reality, at least in DR, a gated community gives you a false sense of security: a so-called security guy will do nothing to prevent the robbery, and in most cases they are the ones providing the info on your coming and goings.

Exactly. Security guards are usually involved in the robberies that happen here in DR. You pay one of them 100 or 200 dollars and he will come up with a story to tell his boss, these gated communities here in DR sometimes can be worse than a normal place. Actually, the majority of gringo incidents always happen in gated communities.

OP you can always come back to DR, how is she going to know that you are here? Go to another city in DR if you think you need to.

Quote: (08-29-2014 08:46 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Great article on this http://open.salon.com/blog/timotuck/2011...n_republic

pitt, this article on the DR justice system is insane... thanks for linking to it.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:27 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Exactly. Security guards are usually involved in the robberies that happen here in DR. You pay one of them 100 or 200 dollars and he will come up with a story to tell his boss, these gated communities here in DR sometimes can be worse than a normal place. Actually, the majority of gringo incidents always happen in gated communities.

OP you can always come back to DR, how is she going to know that you are here? Go to another city in DR if you think you need to.

I may or may not go back at some point. I'm not really afraid of returning but like I said, I had been thinking about leaving anyway, because after two years I was ready for a change. This incident just motivated me to do it sooner than I would have. A friend of mine did email saying her family has threatened to kill me if I return, but I don't take that to seriously, although maybe I should. Sometimes the universe and circumstances point you in a different direction. This was one of those times....

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:26 PM)rover Wrote:  

What's the name of the complex? - just curious. In reality, at least in DR, a gated community gives you a false sense of security: a so-called security guy will do nothing to prevent the robbery, and in most cases they are the ones providing the info on your coming and goings.

I hate to say the name because I think break ins were very rare there. Pm me if you really want to know and I'll tell you, I have friends who have property there so would rather keep this on the down low.

I would hire a hatian guard personally. They are culturally much more loyal.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:29 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

pitt, this article on the DR justice system is insane... thanks for linking to it.

You really, really don't want to get imprisoned in DR.

http://dr1.com/forums/living/125409-icel...008-a.html

When I was in DR, an alcoholic woman from England was wanting to fix me up with a native lady. The native lady had a child (or two, I forget) from her deceased DR lawyer husband. He'd been shot to death. When I passed without saying why, the English woman (so I was told) started telling people she thought I might be a queer.

I also met a sociopath who runs a DR-oriented website (a minor one, not one of the large-traffic ones). He fucked putas excusively and, like the English lush, thought my lack of interest in P4P was due to lack of interest in females.

I never tried to lay a DR girl if for no other reason than I don't care for black features. The poverty psychology of the women was just reverse icing on the cake.

I rode a local bus once for grins, and the driver intentionally smashed the side of a parked, late-model car (unoccupied). Just for grins. As he backed up and then drove away, the riders laughed and cheered.

The nation is largely what one would expect a country to be like if run by 14 year-old African males.

Quote: (08-29-2014 10:58 PM)Trav_Ler Wrote:  

When I was in DR, an alcoholic woman from England was wanting to fix me up with a native lady. The native lady had a child (or two, I forget) from her deceased DR lawyer husband. He'd been shot to death. When I passed without saying why, the English woman (so I was told) started telling people she thought I might be a queer.

I also met a sociopath who runs a DR-oriented website (a minor one, not one of the large-traffic ones). He fucked putas excusively and, like the English lush, thought my lack of interest in P4P was due to lack of interest in females.

I never tried to lay a DR girl if for no other reason than I don't care for black features. The poverty psychology of the women was just reverse icing on the cake.

I rode a local bus once for grins, and the driver intentionally smashed the side of a parked, late-model car (unoccupied). Just for grins. As he backed up and then drove away, the riders laughed and cheered.

The nation is largely what one would expect a country to be like if run by 14 year-old African males.

May I ask what you were doing in the Dominican Republic? You obviously weren't there for the women or the culture.

This story confirm what i heard myself while (that they don't feed prisoners) in the city. One have to be very careful while there..If you ever hit pedestrian driving it's best keep going depending on the situation the locals or more likely to kill you.
These guys i know was nearly shot my second day in DR. I would love to stay there for 6 months or more but always being on guard or looking over my shoulders. Hatian people are little different. Kudos for the two years

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

One major reason I like being in the US and dislike banana republics, people can't keep their jealousy to themselves and become little rascals with itchy hands with stuff that's not theirs.

People in places other than the west think short term, such as SEA, Mexico, DR, etc. They'll screw you today 30 bucks even though they're losing 300 bucks in the long run. It's been discussed before and the example I used was from another forum user.

It's rather sad foreigners can't carry guns to protect themselves.

OP, threats are just empty handed words. Be careful of those who don't say anything, those are the ones that are most likely to strike.

Edit: Nomad, in Iraq/A-stan it was often better to kill the person who got ran over than to let them live. A dead person only costs you a funeral and can't ID you, as opposed to an injured pedestrian who can ID you and sue you.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (08-29-2014 09:59 PM)elabayarde Wrote:  

I would hire a hatian guard personally. They are culturally much more loyal.

elabayarde,

what is it that makes you think a Hatian is more loyal? Does this cultural feature extend to Hatian females?

Quote: (08-29-2014 10:58 PM)Trav_Ler Wrote:  

I can understand not wanting to marry a Dominicana, for their poverty mindsets and depending on your views perhaps you'd prefer a light skin girl for something serious. But only to fuck, well basically you are saying you don't like big asses, wide hips, slim stomachs, full and firm tits and long black hair. Count me in as yet another person who thinks you might be a fag.

Not to thread hijack but I had a situation a few years back I never quite understood. Maybe you guys that have spent a few years in the DR could explain it all to me.

I traveled solo to Cabarete to kitesurf... age 26. I befriended another kitesurfer who lived locally, a fellow Italian (a former special forces motherfucker you wouldnt want to mess with). We become good friends, as Italians always do, and one night go out, drink some beers and I meet a Haitian girl, a solid 9. Shes a little bit too forward... but shes also strangely awkward and shy. I'm a seasoned traveler, who's never (nor will ever) pay for sex, but I've been in many environments where this type of thing was done. Something sounded an alarm in my head and I start to feel uncomfortable. Anyway, my friend drank one too many and peaced out... and now I'm alone.

So back to the girl. I'm genuinely attracted to her as shes quite the beauty, and while I suspect shes a hooker, its clear she has no idea what shes doing and if she is, this could very well be her first rodeo. Shes giving me these strange vibes and how we should leave together but through the back door. I tell her I don't pay for sex and she says thats fine thats not what shes here for. I'm a few beers in but still fairly sober... and I start to notice the eyes of several men inside the bar staring at me (we're on beachchairs in the sand). I get weirded the fuck out, walk into the bar past several dudes that could murder me in an instant, hop on a moto and get the fuck out. I have the driver drop me off a few miles away downtown, hop another moto and go back to my hotel. I spent the rest of the night thinking about her and what could of been... but I feel I did the right thing.

So what was all of that? Dominican guys forcing haitian women into prostitution or what? Or me being a drama queen and my imagination running wild.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (08-29-2014 06:34 PM)nomadiam Wrote:  

But something felt off.... and she also wasn't very smart.... so I ended it.

Dumb girls are the most dangerous. That's from my experience as a public defender. They have no perspective or judgment.

One time, I was appointed to represent a 20-yo woman who stabbed her bf. No permanent damage.

Now this girl was hot - she was a Trinidad Indian, tall, maybe an 8.

Then on the first pretrial date, I meet her social worker - from the mental retardation assistance bureau. Turns out the 8 was about 70 IQ.

Then there was the infamous Lorena Bobbit, who I think was also borderline retarded.

Quote: (08-29-2014 06:34 PM)nomadiam Wrote:  

does anyone have experience with foreign girls pulling scams either in the DR or elsewhere?

http://dominicanwatchdog.org/dominican_news