rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2.5 week tour of Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh, Phuket & Bangkok
.5 week tour of Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh, Phuket & Bangkok
Well, I have just concluded my 2.5 week tour of Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand. After visiting 4 locations in 3 countries, some great sex sessions, meeting 3 cool RVFers, countless hangovers, 1 course of antibiotics, 1 box of condoms, half a pack of aspirin and Imodium, and half a dozen rennies, I can say that it was an awesome experience with a lot of positives and also a couple of negatives.

PHNOM PENH, CAMBODIA (4 days)
First leg of my trip was Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I was supposed to be there for 5 days but those f*cks at AirAsia decided to cancel my connecting flight which meant I was stuck in Kuala Lumpur for a day. In PP I was staying in a nice hotel, the Bougainvillier, on the riverside with plenty of good restaurants around.

I had a terrific stay in PP and spent almost all my time hanging out with Beyond Borders and TravelGlobal, the latter also on a trip through SEA. BB is an awesome host, knew people (locals and foreigners) everywhere we went and kindly took us to some of the most happening spots in town, ranging from high-end Cambo only places to grimier more tourist-infested bars. It was interesting observing BB dealing with locals; he has what I would call a “physical playfulness” with girls (some of whom speak English quite well, others less so) in terms of teasing/touching/grabbing them, which the girls very much liked. I should start doing more of that. I also had a couple of great conversations with TravelGlobal who, as it turns out, I have a lot in common with [Image: smile.gif]

I managed to get the flag the first night, Thursday, in Nova. Cambodian girl. Left the club with her and her friend in a Tuk Tuk. Her friend had been in a bad mood all night long. It was obvious nothing was going to happen with her friend around so after first suggesting it a couple of times in an indirect manner, I eventually had to tell my girl to tell her friend “to fuck off” so we could go to my hotel.

I managed to bring a second girl back on Saturday, from Pontoon. I noticed she was checking me out in Pontoon, went over and hit it off. I told her I don’t pay for it and she said she didn’t want money. She was with a friend who was into TravelGlobal so it all worked out. The four of us left Pontoon together after having some street food also with BB and his girl (or from reading more recent entries I think his ex girl now?!).

The girls didn’t want to split up so all 4 of us ended up going to my hotel. Fortunately TravelGlobal’s girl didn’t have her ID with her so she wasn’t allowed up to my room. She said she wanted to go to her place with her friend to get her ID and that TravelGlobal and I should wait at my hotel for them to come back. I told her it was late and dangerous outside and better if TravelGlobal went with her to get her ID while her friend and I wait in my hotel. Fortunately she agreed [Image: wink.gif]

Went upstairs with my girl, got her to admire the river-view from my balcony while I locked away my valuables in the safe. We immediately got to it. She wanted me to get my dick out and started giving me this awesome BJ. Strangely enough, right in the middle of it, all of a sudden she says she is on her period. She then finished the BJ and starts to get this sad look on her face and looks like she is about to cry. I try to give her some TLC and ask her what’s wrong. She said she wants to go home and feels bad that she can’t please me with her body (her literal words). I told her it was okay, didn’t matter, we could hang out some other time. I didn’t tell her I was leaving the country two days later and made her think we would have proper sex when her period was over, whenever that would be.

I heard from TravelGlobal the next day that he boned his girl a couple of times so it was all good [Image: smile.gif] I later sent my girl a message when I was in Vietnam explaining to her that I had to leave suddenly etc to smooth things over. She said she definitely wants to see me again when I return to PP.

In terms of other things to do in PP, The Royal Palace is definitely worth a visit. Must visits are Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. So bizarre to think all those cruel things happened not even so long ago. The baby-killing tree at Choeung Ek will be forever carved in my memory.

The Tuk Tuk drivers all try to push you to go to a shooting range as well but I already got all my Terminator/Rambo sh*t out of my system when I visited a former Soviet bunker in Riga a couple of years ago so that wasn’t of interest to me.

I definitely see myself coming back to Cambodia at some point. I didn’t have enough time to visit Siem Reap and Angkor Wat, also because I missed one day because of my flight cancellation, so those places are still on the list. Overall I would definitely recommend others to visit Cambodia/Phnom Penh and really enjoyed my time there.

HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM (6 days)
I was in HCMC for 6 days staying in the Cap Town Hotel in District 1, a couple of minutes’ walk from Ben Thanh market.

I spent most of my time in HCMC hanging out with Papi Rico who, in similar fashion to BB, is a superb host. Also a shout-out to Irish and Elim who sent me some helpful PMs. Papi Rico is not only very knowledgeable when it comes to HCMC girls/nightlife, especially higher end, but is also a well-rounded and well-travelled individual with similar thoughts as I have regarding the Holy Trinity (South East Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe).

PR is well networked in HCMC with both locals and expats/foreigners. Every time we went to a new venue, PR was like “you see that girl over there, I had sex with her; that girl over there is crazy; this girl over here is a prostitute and this girl over there I also had sex with”. Hilarious stuff.

We checked out all of the venues already mentioned in previous HCMC threads (Xu Bar, Blanchys, Apocalypse Now) so I won’t go into details there. Suffice to say there is plenty to do in HCMC throughout the week although the weekend is by far the best time for pulling, and also when most non-prostitute girls are out. Especially mid-week a significant number of girls in earlier-mentioned venues will be hookers, some of them absolutely stunning with surgically enhanced features, but very difficult/impossible to shore. Some of them are obvious pros, especially in Apocalypse Now, the ones hanging out by the bar downstairs, but in other venues several cute, more normal looking girls I thought I had a good chance of boning also turned out to be pros who required money for their services. On my last night in Apo I saw this hot white girl by the bar by herself. I thought she was a tourist waiting for her friends or something but turned out she was a Cuban prostitute! Real pretty too, white but with Latin curves, but not open to shoring unfortunately.

On Tuesday we hit up ladies night at Lush. Great place to get girls’ numbers. It’s an ok sized club with 3 areas: the main area where people are dancing (too loud for us); a lounge-type area next to that, and a bar and hang-out area on the second floor. We spent most our time in the latter two areas.

There was one cougarish girl in Lush who was checking me out. I spoke to her a bit early in the night and got her number. Turned out she lived in London for a long time, as did I, speaks fluent English and was in Lush by herself. When it came close to closing time I ran into her again. I figured this would be an easy way to get my first notch in Vietnam and also I wanted to test whether my hotel was guest-friendly or not, so I spoke to her some more, suggested we go for a drink in my hotel to which she happily agreed. By the time we got to my hotel room, however, it quickly turned out she was an absolute nut who kept repeating the same phrases over and over. By the time she finished her 15 minute monologue she asked me what I was thinking. I told her that I thought she was crazy and that it would be better if she left. For some reason when I’m drunk, my horneyness tremendously increases but so does my intolerance for bullsh(t.

I finally got my flag on Friday, in Apocalypse Now. Very sweet girl who is still sending me messages almost every day. I noticed she was checking me out, went over and started dancing with her. After half an hour or so I suggested we go to the quieter part of Apo, near where the toilets are, where we spoke for a while. I suggested we go back to my hotel for a drink. She said she wanted to but was with a friend who was drunk and that she couldn’t leave her. I offered to pay for her friend’s taxi which solved the problem. I had a good session with my girl, managed to fire off 3 pop shots so it was good to know all the alcohol and sleep deprivation wasn’t getting in the way of the little fella.

On Saturday I had a date lined up with a perky boobed thin girl I number closed in Lush on Tuesday. I had already arranged to go to Apocalypse Now later that evening with PR regardless whether I would have sex with this girl or not, so I told my girl I had to meet some colleagues for a drink at 22.00 and that we would go for an early meal in this nice restaurant, Ngon, with lots of good Vietnamese dishes. When I saw her again on Saturday, she was even better looking than how I remembered – usually it’s the other way around with me. She was showing a lot of cleavage so for most of the meal I had a hard-on the size of Texas.

During our meal I was already making some playful sexual remarks which all seemed to be going down well plus she kept saying how handsome I was. I was pretty confident I was on for another sex marathon so after we finished eating I took her to this hotel bar right next to the hotel I was staying in. It was all going well, I was touching her legs and arms, complimented her on her boobs. She was loving it. It had been so easy getting the other 2 Vietnamese girls back to my room so at one point I just said that I had some great pix of the travelling I had been doing in Japan on my iPad in my hotel room that I wanted to show her.

She said she didn’t feel comfortable coming to my room but that she wanted to see me again later that evening. I had already told her I would probably end up in Apocalypse Now with my colleagues so she said that if I spend more time with her in Apo she would then agree to come back to my hotel room to see my Japan travel pix “and spend the night”.

I met up with PR and a friend of his at Xu Bar; we then went to Blanchys before going to Apo. I had already been texting this girl in the meantime and she told me she was already in Apo, looking forward to seeing me etc.

So I get to Apo, go to my girl who is by the second floor bar and I’m expecting some fun to start happening soon. But then all of a sudden my girl tells me she can’t come back with me. I can’t really understand what she’s saying so she types it out for me on her mobile. She wrote that she couldn’t come to my hotel anymore “because my pussy have lots of blood in it”. Oh well, there’s that then.

During the day I enjoyed trying out various Vietnamese dishes and also visited the Reunification Palace (pretty interesting) and War Remnants Museum, a must visit for those with an interest in the Vietnam war.

Even though I only got the one notch, I really enjoyed my time in HCMC and definitely want to come back at some point to check out other parts of the country, e.g. Hanoi and Da Nang. For me the girls in Vietnam are the most attractive of all the places I have visited in South East Asia. In Asia overall I would rank them after Japan, Korea, Taiwan, in that order, in terms of looks, and in terms of personality/femininity right up there with Japan and Taiwan.

HCMC’s vibe reminded me a lot of Mainland China but without many of the negatives; people are less loud, girls a lot prettier and food a lot tastier.

One potential issue with HCMC, and this is also something I discussed with PR, is that girls are wary of “playboys”, guys talking to/meeting/having sex with several girls. Several girls I number closed in Lush later on refused to meet me for a date because they also saw me talking to other girls that night.

PATONG - PHUKET, THAILAND (3 days)
Towards the end of my HCMC stay I was starting to feel the effects of all this constant drinking/partying/lack of sleeping and by the time I arrived in Phuket I had come down with a bad cold. I soon developed a terrible headache and started coughing up all sorts of nasty shit too. I ended up going to a doctor there who prescribed some antibiotics and other pills to help with the symptoms, for my throat infection.

I didn’t come all the way to Phuket just to rest in my hotel room so dragged myself out one night I was there. I checked out most of the main clubs: Tai Pan, Seduction, Tiger, Hollywood. There were pros in all of these but Seduction seemed to have most normal girls in it as well.

I spent several hours talking to/dancing/grinding with all the girls that I thought were hot enough and didn’t have the obvious “ho” look/vibe about them. As the interaction progressed, I would always ask the same 2 questions:
-are you a ladyboy
-are you working tonight/I don’t pay for girl [sic]

The answer to the first question was always no (phew) but one after another responded that they were expecting to get paid. Around 2am I got talking to this cute Thai chick with braces and a great set of tatas. Things were going well, grinding, kissing, boob grabbing etc. When I told her I don’t pay for it, she said that that is fine and that she wasn’t expecting money. I was like “sweet, it’s on” talked and danced with her some more and then invited her for a drink at my hotel. We left the club and started walking to my hotel, Amata Resort, about a 5 minute walk from Bangla Road. About halfway there, all of a sudden she’s like, “I want you to give me some shopping money tomorrow”. I was like “f*ck this sh&t” and told her to go away. By that time I was too tired/ill/drunk (the ol’ medication with alcohol combo) to really care and went home by myself.

I had been to Thailand before (Bangkok, Ko Samui and a good ol’ shoring session in Pattaya) but this was my first time in Patong/Phuket. I didn’t really mind the overall commercial/touristy vibe of Patong, actually thought it was kind of funny. Some pretty okay Middle Eastern restaurants too. The nightlife didn’t really do it for me though but I imagine it must be better in high season Dec-Feb.

Before coming to Patong, I was obviously aware that most girls there would be pros so I was actually planning on focusing on white (hopefully Russian) chicks. What I hadn’t anticipated however, was the large amount of thirsty Middle Eastern/South Asian dudes and their messed up (blonde) white girl fetishes. They would literally run up to even the grossest, messed up looking, sunburnt, chubby blonde girl and immediately offer to buy her a drink. The girls were happy to go along with this, get a free drink, talk to some chump for 3 minutes, then ditch him, dance with their friends, and when they need another drink get one of those other dudes to pay for them. This pattern kept repeating itself in every club I went to, especially Seduction, throughout the night and led to these girls developing these mega bitchy attitudes. I was so repulsed by this I couldn’t make myself talk to any of these girls; the best looking ones were a 6.5 at most anyway so it didn’t really matter I guess. I did see some hotter white girls in Patong as well but they were always with a boyfriend.

BANGKOK – 3 days
By the time I reached Bangkok the antibiotics started to work and I was slowly starting to feel better although definitely not a 100% yet. I was staying in a nice hotel in Soi 11 in Sukhumvit (Le Fenix, Afarang’s recommendation). On Thursday I checked out Route 66 in RCA. There were a lot more westerners than I was expecting. I’d say it was about 80% Thai and 20% westerners most of which white guys actively looking for Thai girls.

I did a fair number of approaches and 2 girls in particular looked ready to come home with me after some talking/drinking/dancing/grinding/kissing/tit grabbing but neither panned out. The first one didn’t want to leave her friend. I first suggested all of us find a suitable guy for the friend but she said she didn’t like anyone there. Then I told my girl to get rid of her friend and I offered to pay for her taxi but that wouldn’t work either. In the end they decided to leave together. The second girl was part of a larger group of girls. Unfortunately there was one “leader”, mother hen or whatever it’s called, and as I got more and more intimate with my girl she kept looking over at this group leader so she was obviously worried how she would come across and what her peers would think of her if she went home with me etc, so that didn’t work out either.

It was around 2am and I decided to check out afterhours club Insanity/Insomnia. When I got there, there weren’t that many people; the few who were there were either obvious worn down/hardened pros, ladyboys or old, out of shape sex tourists. The vibe there reminded me a lot of the old Club Help in Rio de Janeiro, something I’m not into at all so soon left.

In the weekend I decided to try something different and hit up club Levels which was only a couple of minutes’ walk from my hotel. I knew from reading the recent Bangkok Datasheet thread that there would be a combo of pros and normal girls there. Similar to Phuket, 2 girls I was progressing things with turned out to want some Baht to be thrown their way so I nexted them. Then I noticed a girl looking at me, went over, started talking/dancing etc, everything seemed to be going well. When I asked her if she was working there/expecting money, at first she didn’t understand and then got all upset because I implied she was a working girl lol so she got pissed off and didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore. The final girl that night was a bit cougarish but still looking pretty good. Things were going well, grinding, put her butt in my groin, playing with her boobies. For some reason in my drunken state I had told I her I don’t live in Bangkok and was leaving the next day. So when I asked if she would like to go for some food in my hotel, she said she doesn’t want to be with a guy who is only in town for a couple of days.

By that point I had approached all the girls I was attracted to in Levels so decided to call it quits. Was around 2.30-3.00am I think. Went over to nearby Climax but when I got there, found out they had just shut and everybody was coming out. From the girls that were coming out, I could tell it wasn’t my vibe. Some very attractive girls but from how they were dressed/acting was very obvious what was going on, all were hand in hand with westerners (mostly old ones, some young guys too).

CONCLUSION
So, all in all, a most enjoyable holiday, especially the Cambodia and Vietnam part. A lesson to be learned for subsequent trips is that it is unrealistic to expect yourself to be able to do that much drinking/going out on so many consecutive nights. Either drink less overall or take more days off in between. It wasn’t just dealing with the hangovers every day but I also noticed that my skin was starting to look real shit towards the end of the trip.

I hope this overview can be useful to some of the other guys considering a taking a trip to these places.

Poontang is one helluva drug…

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"
Damn, I was hoping this was a post by another member on his way through PP. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Great write-up and cool to hear how your trip ended up. The constant partying does wear you out sometimes and can catch up with you in the form of getting sick.

I'm quite addicted to that drug myself, by the way, even though I try not to make it my main life focus. Doing my best to slow my roll in that department for sanity's sake, but damn it's a challenge.

Anyhow, it was great meeting you and showing you around. Until next time, Man...

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling
Great read

I've been told D1 in Vietnam is very touristy, would it be a good idea to stay in D3? Been told that is the expat area.
I didn't go to D3 so can't comment on that area.

I didn't find D1 to be touristy at all, that is to say, yes there are a lot of tourists but not in an annoying/commercial/tacky way.

I think D1 would be the best place to stay in for proximity to nightlife but you should ask Papi Rico who can tell you a lot more.

Quote: (08-25-2014 09:11 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

Great read

I've been told D1 in Vietnam is very touristy, would it be a good idea to stay in D3? Been told that is the expat area.

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"
Mate, way to keep your composure in spite of the initial mishaps: (i) the moneyed cougars calling us out on our sloppy backstory, (ii) the schizo you pulled from Lush, (iii) the flaky girl that had you in overdrive. When you got that flag a tiny celebration went off in my head.

Anyways, great meeting you and I do not doubt that we will repeat in another Asian city, provided you don't settle down on a coffee farm with a big-bootied paisa.

Quote: (08-25-2014 09:11 AM)Afarang Wrote:  

IMHO, there is absolutely no need to stay in D3 unless you wish to establish a long-term presence. Apart from beer clubs (waste), D3 has absolutely nothing to offer in the nightlife department. You need to be hitting the spots mentioned in this write-up; thus, you need to stay as close possible to Park Hyatt (2 Lam Son Square), which is the epicenter of Saigon's high-end nightlife or in G manifesto's words, the "vortex zone". The backpackers and low-cost tourists keep to themselves in Pham Ngu Lao (also D1). Don't go there unless you're looking to score drugs or shore (unlikely).

If you're looking to stay for a month or longer, there are some decent buildings in D3 as you head north up Hai Ba Trung St., passing Intercontinental and Novotel. But in that case you may as well consider Binh Thanh District, D2, and D7 (in that order). Anything further than 10 min by taxi from the vortex zone can and will cost you notches.
Great post Zanetti! Enjoyed reading it a lot!

I read specially the part about Saigon with the most interest as I'm seriously considering posting up there for a while start g this fall. Very pleased to hear from one more person that the Vietnamese gold are the hottest in all of SEA!

Did you try approaching girls during the day, on the streets, shops or at the malls? If yes, how receptive are they? Did you pipeline online? Or just night game?

Papi Rico,
Always enjoying reading your insightful posts on Saigon. Keep'em coming man!
What district in Saigon would you recommend for a first timer to be based out of for a few months where the objective is to be near cool coffe shops to get work done and also not far from the nightlife?

Cheers.
Solid report Zanetti, I like the 'field report' style as well which we don't have enough of here IMO

Cambodia is very much on my radar and I am looking at visiting pretty soon. Been to Bangkok twice but neither time have I done it 'properly', so very much on the radar also. Patong was good to do one for the experience but I'm not mad keen on going back, too pro heavy for my liking. Tho I hear other parts of Phuket are nice. An Irish return to HCMC is also well on the cards.

Good to see someone else trying "antibiotics game" as well. Fair play [Image: pimp.gif]

Irish
Quote: (08-25-2014 11:20 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Papi Rico,
Always enjoying reading your insightful posts on Saigon. Keep'em coming man!
What district in Saigon would you recommend for a first timer to be based out of for a few months where the objective is to be near cool coffe shops to get work done and also not far from the nightlife?
Cheers.

RE where to base: I would recommend D1, east of ben thanh market. A 1-bedroom in a prime location can be had from $600/month (month-to-month arrangement). You may try negotiating down the ridiculous prices on airbnb and serviced apt websites, but I've had the most luck from CraigsList and the FB Expat group.

Tip: do not deal with agents (unless you want to waste time) and do not deal with Vietnamese landlords (unless you want to lose your deposit). Try to deal directly with either Viet Kieu (overseas Vietnamese) or expat landlords (e.g. quite a few Singaporeans have been purchasing luxury investment apts through their Vietnamese gfs/wives). Airbnb, CL and FB are the best resources in this respect. Remember that everything is negotiable in these parts.

I'll recommend where to go during the day and at night in my upcoming data sheet.
Nice data sheet bro! especially the intel on Ho Chi Minh! Will be there early next year and im keen.
Thanks for the write up! I will be in Phnom Penh in three weeks and I'm hoping to be able to make it into Thailand and even HCMC while on visa runs.
Thanks guys

@ VP: no, I didn't do any day game and no online either, apart from a bit of tindering which didn't lead to any dates

Quote: (08-25-2014 11:30 AM)Irish Wrote:  

Solid report Zanetti, I like the 'field report' style as well which we don't have enough of here IMO

Cambodia is very much on my radar and I am looking at visiting pretty soon. Been to Bangkok twice but neither time have I done it 'properly', so very much on the radar also. Patong was good to do one for the experience but I'm not mad keen on going back, too pro heavy for my liking. Tho I hear other parts of Phuket are nice. An Irish return to HCMC is also well on the cards.

Good to see someone else trying "antibiotics game" as well. Fair play [Image: pimp.gif]

Great post Zanetti. Fantastic read.

I just booked a trip to Bangkok next year, first trip to Thailand, Irish can you elaborate a bit my what you mean by doing Bangkok properly?
Quote:Quote:

One potential issue with HCMC, and this is also something I discussed with PR, is that girls are wary of “playboys”, guys talking to/meeting/having sex with several girls. Several girls I number closed in Lush later on refused to meet me for a date because they also saw me talking to other girls that night.

That's depressing.. i thought N. Vietnam was only traditional, and was hoping that Saigon would be different. Blows my mind that they'd literally refuse a date w/ you, the fuck do they think clubs are for??

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5
Quote: (08-31-2014 09:07 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

That's depressing.. i thought N. Vietnam was only traditional, and was hoping that Saigon would be different. Blows my mind that they'd literally refuse a date w/ you, the fuck do they think clubs are for??

I can confirm that Saigon is also very traditional.

Vietnam as a whole is very conservative and the way they think about relationships is still very old-fashioned. The concept of casual dating doesn't really exist there.

However, I am just speaking in general terms, and of course there will always be exceptions.
Quote: (08-29-2014 11:11 AM)jumbo tron Wrote:  

I just booked a trip to Bangkok next year, first trip to Thailand, Irish can you elaborate a bit my what you mean by doing Bangkok properly?

Ah the first two times I went I was with seperate friends who came all the way over from UK. They were operating under a budget and just wanted to hang round Khao San Road with all the other tourists & backpackers and not spend too much money. Other than spending about half an hour in Bed Supperclub (which I understand is now closed down) when the place was already emptying out, pretty much all of my nightlife experience of Bangkok has been Khao San Road.

When I go back I therefore want to sample some of the 'proper' non-tourist nightlife spots. I do like my upscale bars/clubs (and now and again bottles & tables if the occasion suits) as that's usually where the hottest chicks are to be found, but I imagine Bangkok has plenty to offer in all categories of bar & club. When I plan my next trip I will make sure to hook up with whoever RVFers are around who have the inside track on where are the best places to go on which nights and max out the experience.

Irish