rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White Knight Cautionary Tale: Beta Scientist Kills Himself After Betrayal

This story passed unnoticed in the manosphere. It deserves reflection.

Followers of RVF teachings will recall that white knighting can literally get you killed. Examples abound, and have been noted.

A few weeks ago, a famed Japanese scientist was found hanging from a rope in the stairwell of his research building. His name was Yoshiki Sasai:

[Image: ugXf6JW.jpg]

He had been the mentor of an attractive young female scientist whom he pushed and promoted, despite questions in the past about her competence. Her name was Haruko Obokata:

[Image: xfEoyvq.jpg]

[Image: RQJHKY9.jpg]

[Image: kdcEYWA.jpg]

She claimed to have made some great advance in stem cell research, and published a paper with his name on it to that effect. It then was revealed that she faked the research results. The paper had to be retracted, to his great humiliation.

We may speculate on the precise nature of the relationship between the attractive young protege and the mentor. The media is silent about the details, but Dr. Sasai left three letters addressed to Ms. Obokata when he killed himself. Not to his wife, not to his relatives. To her, the woman who sold him out. The contents have not been revealed. Here are links to the story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...n-scandal/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/05...49791.html

Any time an older male "mentors" an attractive young female, there is always some element of sexual desire present. Whether it is acted upon or not, the dynamic is there. Clearly, Sasai pined after his protege, and did all he could to further her career.

When the scandal broke, Dr. Sasai buried himself in shame. The girl, Obokata, denied everything. And to this day still denies everything.

Her work was proven to be made from fudged data, which in Japan is a huge betrayal of one's mentor; such relationships in Japan are taken very seriously.

But did she commit suicide, to redeem his honor? No.

Did she admit any fault? No.

We may ask if Obokata had been a man, and he had disgraced himself and his boss, the result would have been very different.

But the interesting thing here is the white-knightery displayed by Dr. Sasai. He heaps all the blame on his own shoulders in classic white knight fashion, and destroys himself, partially (I argue) out of his tortured sense of sexual betrayal.

-

I would count white knighting as a serious mental disease. Dangerous for self and society too.

WYB?

Deus vult!

Good Find and analysis.

We should start a movement called "Save our Betas"

Quote: (08-24-2014 11:39 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

He had been the mentor of an attractive young female scientist

[Image: 8EiG7BZ.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Pretty sure if this was old Japan she would have lost her head. Women don't feel guilt.

He still would have killed himself, but with a sword to the gut.

Quote: (08-24-2014 11:47 AM)soup Wrote:  

We should start a movement called "Save our Betas"

unlike boobs, nobody like betas!

Tuth, she is no beauty but she is indeed attractive. She would appear far more sexually desirable in person than is obvious from the pics, too. I think QC knows something about Japanese women of this type from some first-hand experience. [Image: wink.gif]

She is 31, an age at which she would be hitting the wall hard if she were a white bitch, but an age at which many Japanese females remain in their ridiculously extended prime. Her body would probably look exceptionally nice when stripped down. She is a pig facially, a type that ages well. Again, she is no beauty and nothing really special, but fucking this data faker is something any man could do with joy and relish.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

It occurred to me recently that the notion of a woman's "honor" , throughout time and across many different societies has been equated with her sexual honor-her chastity before marriage and her fidelity afterwards.
Her sexual honor only.
That is because our ancestors knew from experience that women are incapable of any other type of honor.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

This happens all over academia, though the smarter (?) older, tenured, men suffer their multiple divorces and relegate their "best" students to "partner" status and don't fucking hang themselves.
(She reminds me of the actress in the first "Ringu." WB but not kill self.)

@Thuthmosis...

Well, she's all right, compared to most female lab workers. WB.

She would be the perfect hate fuck.

"I want you to scream I FAKED THE DATA!"

Deus vult!

Would bang.
Would not hang.

To me what's shocking about all this (besides the pathetic white knightery of the scientist) is the utter lack of remorse on the woman's part. You would think there would have been some admission of fault, some attempt to 'fess up.

But there's just nothing. Denial, denial, denial.

To me it says a lot about how far Japanese men have sunk. When I was in Tokyo in May I actually saw more men than women pushing baby carriages in the Ginza. I never thought I'd see that. On the subways, more men were glued to their iPhones than women.

Fifteen years ago, you would never have seen anything remotely like that.

I agree with his decision to kill himself. He did the right thing. He built a large lab and research program and, ultimately, the buck stops on his desk.
This is especially true when you consider that the mess would have been avoided if he had made objective decisions about competence and not pined for her tight pussy. I'm guessing he never got the notch but figured he was setting himself up for it by helping her career along.
I work in research and see these guys EVERYWHERE. Guys with some power and authority in the beta orbit of hot young female "scientists" who in the vast majority of cases never achieve anything in their careers.

Quote: (08-24-2014 12:06 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Pretty sure if this was old Japan she would have lost her head. Women don't feel guilt.

He still would have killed himself, but with a sword to the gut.

If this was old Japan, she never would have faked the results in the first place because she knew what the consequences would have been.

Nothing is worth killing yourself over. I find her quite pretty though.

Quote: (08-24-2014 12:12 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Tuth, she is no beauty but she is indeed attractive. She would appear far more sexually desirable in person than is obvious from the pics, too. I think QC knows something about Japanese women of this type from some first-hand experience. [Image: wink.gif]

She is 31, an age at which she would be hitting the wall hard if she were a white bitch, but an age at which many Japanese females remain in their ridiculously extended prime. Her body would probably look exceptionally nice when stripped down. She is a pig facially, a type that ages well. Again, she is no beauty and nothing really special, but fucking this data faker is something any man could do with joy and relish.

Yes, Lizard. I do know a thing or two about this subject.

In fact, I think she's quite delectable. Probably a swallower, as most J-girls are.

Here she is at a press conference. The YouTube caption says she's "apologizing" but this is totally untrue.

She never apologizes, but in fact doubles down on the fraud and rationalizations.

The hamster is something implanted in the female ken from birth, and can't be removed even under the direst of circumstances.

Ye have been warned.

What brass! She says, "i hope the mistakes made don't affect the results of the research".

Her mentor kills himself over the shame and her concern is about the results of her research being invalidated. Unbelievable.

She is really hot though. Are most girls in Japan that hot?

Quote: (08-24-2014 11:43 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

I would count white knighting as a serious mental disease. Dangerous for self and society too.

WYB?

Yup, but besides the point.

If you want to see White Knighting at its best/worst, then read the comments section of the Guardian newspaper on the net.

They take it to a whole new level and almost make it into an Olympic sport.

It is hard not to a: vomit profusely, b: sign on for an account and just rip into the dude with an expletive laden missive of why he should get his balls in order, or c: post something intellectual or refer to a place such as this, in the vain hope the said White Knight is not beyond redemption.

The sick thing is, these guys REALLY believe what they are saying. They have been brainwashed beyond help I fear. They have nothing to gain. Women just look down on them as betas. They won't get laid. They have to compete with other White Knights to see who is more worthy - a bit like the jousting of old, but without the big sticks and blood and gore!

It is a delusion. And that is a mental illness. If I met a guy like this at a bar, I'd whisper into his shell like about how he is doing no one any favours, least of all him self. And if he really really wants to get laid, then learn to bring out his inner cave man. Don't have to be big in stature or mean in disposition, but be prepared to take risks, be a bit cheeky, and for fuck's sake, if nothing else, stop being a White Knight!

From what I understand, her results are not necessarily faked, but unverified. Observers noticed that two of the illustrations in the paper were false representations. Thus, the entire rigor of the paper is now under question. She has stated that the problem with the illustrations was a mistake, but she still stands by her results and conclusions. The two papers in question were withdrawn until the experiments can be done again in order to see if the results can be replicated.

RIKEN, the academic group to which Obokata and Sasai were affiliated with, is a bush league organization. The problem isn't just that they gave this woman favorable treatment, it's that they apparently don't know shit from shinola about how to run an academic research organization.

RIKEN has established two teams of scientists to try to reproduce her results, but has invited Obokata herself to participate with one of the groups, in spite of the obvious conflict of interest. This is going to continue to be a fiasco for some time to come.

Quote: (08-24-2014 12:30 PM)frogmallet Wrote:  

I agree with his decision to kill himself. He did the right thing. He built a large lab and research program and, ultimately, the buck stops on his desk.

I think him losing his job would have been enough. If you protect your friend at work, and he turns out to be a thief, do you eat your gun for lunch?

Is there any evidence this "research" ended up hurting someone?

She's average, but if you're a scientist stuck in a lab all day, she's a 10.

Looks a lot better in the video.

[Image: GIF-not-bad-Charlie-Day-GIF.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (08-24-2014 06:33 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

From what I understand, her results are not necessarily faked, but unverified. Observers noticed that two of the illustrations in the paper were false representations. Thus, the entire rigor of the paper is now under question. She has stated that the problem with the illustrations was a mistake, but she still stands by her results and conclusions. The two papers in question were withdrawn until the experiments can be done again in order to see if the results can be replicated.

RIKEN, the academic group to which Obokata and Sasai were affiliated with, is a bush league organization. The problem isn't just that they gave this woman favorable treatment, it's that they apparently don't know shit from shinola about how to run an academic research organization.

RIKEN has established two teams of scientists to try to reproduce her results, but has invited Obokata herself to participate with one of the groups, in spite of the obvious conflict of interest. This is going to continue to be a fiasco for some time to come.

Carlos:

A committee conclusively found that she had manipulated the data. Worse than that, it was debateable whether she even performed any of the experiments. Her record-keeping was so shoddy and fragmentary that no one can really verify that she did what she claimed to have done.

And if you go back further, her doctoral thesis at Waseda University also appears to have been "manipulated." So, there is a track record here of fudging, scamming, and using her feminine assets to get ahead. Probably at the expense of more deserving males. Look at this link:

http://www.nature.com/news/stem-cell-sci...ct-1.14974

She was promoted and hyped by the love-struck thirstiness of a white-knight, whose world fell apart when his pedestalized goddess sold him down the river.