rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Impressions from Rio Carnaval (Flag Obtained)

I just got back from two weeks in Rio, which included Carnaval, so I thought I'd share my experiences there.

First, right off the bat, let me say that although I didn't read it until yesterday, Roosh's Brazil Compendium is right on the money as far as Rio and Carnaval go. I was reading it yesterday going "That's exactly right!" or "Man, I noticed the same fucking thing!"

Since I am new here, a little about me: I'm 26, living in DC area. I have decent game. I can get numbers with relative ease but my phone game sucks so my conversion to meet-ups off of numbers is pretty low. I have pulled a couple of same night notches but my game is no where near tight enough to have consistency there. Travel-wise, I am even more of a newb. Before this, I had only traveled internationally to Canada, the Bahamas, and Mexico (4-5 times) and since English was spoken most places and my Spanish is functional, I've never had to deal with a lot of culture shock or large language barriers. Rio was a huge surprise in both how unsafe it felt (it felt more unsafe than in Mexico actually), how culturally different it was, and how few people spoke English. It took me a couple of days to adjust but by the time Carnaval rolled around I was feeling good and I had an unbelievable time. My best friend moved down there in November so having him around was a life-saver. A) he speaks Portuguese and B) he knew everywhere to go to both party and to stay safe, had a social circle, and took me to a lot of cool places. We partied. We saw the sights. We did some off-the-beaten path type stuff. I am trying to learn to surf so I even got some time out on the water, which was awesome. But mostly we drank and partied [Image: smile.gif] I added two notches, both with Brazilian girls that I met off of pure cold approach and I nearly got another, so it can be done during Carnaval.

I will be upfront and say that yes, I have blue eyes and dark blond hair that magically gets blond highlights in it when in the sun (it looks much like the girls down there dye their hair to look like). But to be honest, I don't think this played a huge factor, particularly because this was Rio during Carnaval.

Anyways, here are some of my observations (completely random order):

Social Class: I didn't notice too much how social class played a part but I guess the two girls I swooped and the one I near-swooped would be considered upper-middle class. They had good jobs, cars, and nice apartments.

Social Circle: I got very little love from the girls I met through my buddy's social circle. They were all very friendly but none gave me any real indication that they were trying to get some gringo up in them. Then again, maybe my social circle game was just weak, that's definitely not outside of the realm of possibility.

Time Barrier: Roosh mentions that the time you are in country can have a big impact on how the girls receive you. I was pretty vague about the whole thing whenever asked, implying that I was there for several weeks but that my departure date was undetermined. I guess some girls prefer a guy sticking around for a while. The second girl I swooped certainly didn't. I punched her ticket to pillage village about 30 minutes before my taxi to the airport came and she knew that was the case. I usually made a point to mention that my friend lived there and that we were sharing a 2BD apartment, which I think helped a lot too.

My Blond Hair/Blue Eyes: I just don't think it played a huge role. I theorize that this is because in Rio, especially during Carnaval, its just not that exotic. Sure, I caught some looks here and there. I had one girl tell me I was the most beautiful person she had ever seen. I had another group of girls literally chase me down the street, yelling at me in English. But I wasn't catching super aggressive eye contact or anything like that. I still had to approach like a mad man to get anywhere.

Muscles and Height: I'd say that these two are much, much more of an advantage over blond hair/blue eyes. My buddy is 6'4" and jacked. He looks 100% Brazilian (most girls accused him of being Brazilian and trying to pose as an American) with black hair, dark skin, and dark brown eyes. He caught 10x the looks and attention I did. Walking down the street, literally every third girl would have her head on a swivel staring at him. I am in good shape too, but I don't have the height (I am only 5'8") so I think that's the biggest advantage of all, especially when you see that most Brasilieros are not topping 6ft.

It is 100% a numbers game: I played the numbers for sure, for several reasons. The first two should be apparent: I don't speak Portuguese and I'm a gringo, so I had to find a girl who spoke English and was willing to board the Gringo Train to pound town, especially in Rio where they've probably had their fair share of opportunities to do so. I think there is also a large percentage of girls who have an "anti-American" sentiment, particularly during Carnaval, due to sex tourism and what many girls told me was general "American arrogance." The other reason isn't quite as obvious if you haven't been to Carnaval before: the girls are getting hit on by the super aggressive Brazilian men, literally every 5 minutes. This causes them to be in "blow out" mode and pretty much shoot down anything right away. I'd say at least 50% of my approaches were pure blow outs. I had the most success with very "soft" openers...i.e. language help, directions, casual conversation when in stationary proximity.

The Girls that are Pro-Gringo: Roosh is spot on here. The three girls I got anywhere with where 32, 31, and 28 years old. They had all studied abroad and spoke pretty good, if not almost perfect English. They liked American entertainment and 2 of the 3 had been to America. I imagine I was not the first gringo for any of them.

Brasilieros have little game: I don't recall seeing many of the local guys do much that signaled they really had anything but a lot of persistence.

Quality of Girl in Rio: I thought it was almost unbelievable how hot the girls where. I've gamed a bit in NYC, one of the US's "top spots" and I'd say that in one day in Rio I saw as many 8-10s as I would in an entire week in NYC. If other cities in Brazil or the world have hotter girls, I can't go to them because I would be unable to even function due to the ever present raging boner I would have 24/7. And it goes without saying that the B girls were absolutely a welcomed change with their warmth, femininity, sensuality, etc... I can see why Roosh is continually disenchanted with DC girls, who I now realize love the verbal sparring match, love to hide their interests, and amount to basically men in slightly attractive female bodies. This observation alone may turn out to be a life-altering one for me as I can not even begin to imagine myself settling down with anything but a Brazilian girl right now.

Fake Tits and Tats: Both the girls I had sex with there had fake tits. God bless Brazil. I also love tattoos so the plethora of girls with tats was awesome.

The Game I Ran: The game I run here in DC is basically cockiness, heavy teasing, and otherwise putting the girl in her place. In Brazil, I had to calibrate this downward a huge amount and focused on making genuine connections with the girl while being very gentle and playful with the teasing (ex: to a short girl - "You are cute enough and small enough that I just might shove you in my suitcase and take you back with me.") A few subjects that worked very well in this "genuine connetion game" were: family, music, dancing/Samba, interest in the rest of Brazil, our ethnic backgrounds, the difference between Portugul's Portuguese and Brazil's Portugues/the difference between America's English and England's English. At all points I was very heavy on the physical contact and returned a solid percentage of the affection I was generously being given. Like Roosh, I also, unfortunately, cannot comment on a type of game that works well in getting the girl hooked/interested. But after the hook point and getting attraction, I think what I did was pretty consistent.

A Phone is a Must: I spent $12 on ebay to get a cheap quad-band GSM phone. It was the best decision I could have made. Not only did I worry less about being separated from my buddy when we were out, but my two swoops and the near-swoop, all came days after meeting the girls, staying in contact via phone/text, and then meeting up one-on-one later in the week. The same night pull is probably near impossible during Carnaval. Phone game worked very well and required minimal effort as they were all very open to meeting up.

Nightlife during Carnaval is Pretty Dead: This was both good and bad. It was bad because it meant clubs were pretty poor most nights. It was good because this forced me to go to bed early so that I could continue my bender/aggressive drinking at 9am the next morning at whatever the first bloco of the day was. This was also good because it allowed me to still go out, party my face off all day, and then regroup/scrub off the day's debauchery and meet up with these girls at night. That said, a few places were alright during Carnaval, particularly Baronneti and the early night bar scenes in Leblon (Itahy had the highest concentration of incredibly hot women - as in hottest girls I've seen in my whole life type of hot - that I have ever encountered anywhere) and Gavea were really fun with a good crowd. These early night bar scenes go until about 1am and are awesome. If its crowded, they pile out into the streets and its a great way to meet a bunch of people. If they aren't crowded everyone is sitting so its tough to mingle, in which case we just grabbed a table and proceeded to get obliterated off of R$4 beers. Win-win!!!! We tried to hit up Nuth a couple of times and it blew.

Portuguese: My opinion on this is that for a guy who doesn't know the language, get yourself at max to 25% proficiency. This will allow you to at least function a little bit in daily life. But it will also send the message to any girls that the interaction will be done in English. This puts the ball in your court as that is the language you know how to game in. Plus, it works wonders to butcher the language in a cute, playful way with the girl helping you. They loved that. My buddy on the other hand, is fluent enough to get through all interactions, but not yet good enough to really have the humor, wit, and quickness that he needs to have game in Portuguese. But because he is good enough to talk, the girls a lot of the times expected him to just use that and it makes it much harder for him.

How I Handled Excessive Kissing: The girls seemed like they wanted to kiss constantly. This is a sexual tension killer in my opinion, so I did a lot of pulling them in, holding our lips close, and then looking away. Or giving them a peck when they wanted a makeout. Or pulling them in only to hug them. This seemed to work and get the girls to pursue much more aggressively. The two lays I got had zero resistance and I think this was a huge factor in that. They were just horned up from all the fucking around I had dealt them.

Food: I was surprised how great some of the food was. Expensive, but really good. I can't remember many of the names but there was a huge variety of good food. The sushi (I went to two different places) was surprisingly good. We went to Porcao in Barra (steakhouse) and some of their cuts were absolutely delicious. Garota de Gavea had an amazing meat platter. A place I went to in Botofago was good all around and had incredible views of the bay.

Interest in Hawaii: I love Hawaii. Its my favorite place on Earth and it has taken a special place in my heart. I am 90% sure I am moving there this spring. Anyway, any time I mentioned Hawaii, to guy or girl, I got hugely enthusiastic responses. Either they had been there or it was at the top of their coveted travel destinations. I think it has a lot to do with similar attitudes, weather and geography, and a love for the beach/ocean but maybe Kona has more insight. I thought that was really cool and when I spoke to my parents yesterday I summed it up with "If Honolulu is to be my wife, Rio will probably be my mistress."

That's about all I can think of. It was an absolutely incredible experience for me, it ranks right behind my first trip to Hawaii as something that is really causing me to reflect and will possibly have long-term effects on how I decide to live my life. I went down mostly for Carnaval, to party, to see my friend, and to surf a little (the surfing was not the best for a beginner, very windy conditions and not clean waves). Those things alone made it awesome. The quality both in looks and personality of the girls made it even better. I can see why if you just want to go down there to spray your Gringo love seed everywhere that Carnaval is not the best time to go. But if you are looking for a unique experience that is world famous, where you can drink with 10s of thousands of people, dance, act a fool, and generally just do whatever the hell you want, I think Carnaval is definitely the way to go. Plus, as Roosh has said, you will always still need game when traveling abroad, and if you have it, Carnaval should still offer you the chance at some flags. I don't have great game and I did OK.

nice report man. you would of had a totally diff experience had u not had ur friend there aka life support. That had to be a huge plus as far as knowledge and language skills.

Did u not hit up Lapa? Ipanema, and Leblon were too touristy for me. Saw way to many gringos. You should have hit up a favela funk party.

Great report, dude! Rio is fascinating...just a matter of time before I explore.

Need to start learning some portuguese.

Great report... +1

Quote:Quote:

My Blond Hair/Blue Eyes: I just don't think it played a huge role.

Maybe not during Carnival when the gringo horde makes it less exotic, but at other times it gives you a sizable advantage.

Quote: (03-13-2011 08:34 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

nice report man. you would of had a totally diff experience had u not had ur friend there aka life support. That had to be a huge plus as far as knowledge and language skills.

Did u not hit up Lapa? Ipanema, and Leblon were too touristy for me. Saw way to many gringos. You should have hit up a favela funk party.

Thanks man.

You bring up an interesting predicament that I ran into. I owe my friend there so much. He showed me an incredible time. But I think he was taking my safety very personally and one of the things he refused to do was take me to Lapa. He said it wasn't safe for me. I really wish I could have gone. Ipanema was a bit touristy but I didn't think Leblon was touristy at all. We spent more time there than anywhere else and I don't think we ran into more than 1-2 other sets of gringos each day.

Quote: (03-13-2011 10:43 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Great report, dude! Rio is fascinating...just a matter of time before I explore.

Thanks. I would say every American man owes it to himself to go to Brazil, or at the very least to get to know a Brazilian woman so that he can see for himself the absolute difference between them and our women here.

Quote: (03-13-2011 10:56 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Great report... +1

Maybe not during Carnival when the gringo horde makes it less exotic, but at other times it gives you a sizable advantage.

Thanks Roosh. I can see that being that case. I certainly hope so as the next time I go, I will plan to go some time other than Carnaval.

Roosh, I know you have spoken against it, but do you know of any spots in the DC area where I am likely to run into B girls. I'm hooked now and am willing to test the waters [Image: wink.gif] Can't be any worse than the American girls I will be forced to deal with now.

*&%$#$ %$##@! $#%$#%!!!!! Whenever I zero down on a country I read a post like this and change my mind!

Grrr... I am staying away from this forum until I get my ass out of Delhi!

McGillyCuddy,

Great report!

Great report man!
Btw, did you attend any of the samba school parades at the sambodromo? I did Rio durning Carnaval 2 years ago and had a blast. The highlight of my trip was attending the samba school parades at the sambodromo as I love samba and have been watching it for years on tv and after watching it live, I was blown away. Never seen anything that grandiose, that beautiful.
Anyways, thanks for the report man, it made me feel a lot of saudades of Rio and Brasil.

Quote: (03-13-2011 11:46 PM)Mr McGillycuddy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-13-2011 08:34 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Thanks man.

You bring up an interesting predicament that I ran into. I owe my friend there so much. He showed me an incredible time. But I think he was taking my safety very personally and one of the things he refused to do was take me to Lapa. He said it wasn't safe for me. I really wish I could have gone. Ipanema was a bit touristy but I didn't think Leblon was touristy at all. We spent more time there than anywhere else and I don't think we ran into more than 1-2 other sets of gringos each day.

Quote: (03-13-2011 10:43 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Thanks. I would say every American man owes it to himself to go to Brazil, or at the very least to get to know a Brazilian woman so that he can see for himself the absolute difference between them and our women here.

Quote: (03-13-2011 10:56 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Great report... +1

Thanks Roosh. I can see that being that case. I certainly hope so as the next time I go, I will plan to go some time other than Carnaval.

Roosh, I know you have spoken against it, but do you know of any spots in the DC area where I am likely to run into B girls. I'm hooked now and am willing to test the waters [Image: wink.gif] Can't be any worse than the American girls I will be forced to deal with now.

Good lord, your friend didnt wanna take you to Lapa for safety reasons?!?!? He was being WAY over the top. I would have just told him im going with or without ya. No way to pass up on Lapa on the weekend. Place is mad fun and u get to chill with normal young B's. Next time bro def hit that place up. Also hit up Botofogo and Flamingo for more authentic nightlife spots. Only hitting up Ipanema and Leblon is not really getting a feel for the real Rio imo.

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:16 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great report man!
Btw, did you attend any of the samba school parades at the sambodromo? I did Rio durning Carnaval 2 years ago and had a blast. The highlight of my trip was attending the samba school parades at the sambodromo as I love samba and have been watching it for years on tv and after watching it live, I was blown away. Never seen anything that grandiose, that beautiful.
Anyways, thanks for the report man, it made me feel a lot of saudades of Rio and Brasil.

Haha, I'm glad this brought back some good memories for you. We didn't go to the sambodromo but I attended a Samba school event/ concert when I went out with one of the girls and you are right, it was great. It's a really grand production for sure. It was also cool because the girl knew how to Samba and tried to teach me a little bit and we both had fun laughing at how hopeless I was.

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:16 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Good lord, your friend didnt wanna take you to Lapa for safety reasons?!?!? He was being WAY over the top. I would have just told him im going with or without ya. No way to pass up on Lapa on the weekend. Place is mad fun and u get to chill with normal young B's. Next time bro def hit that place up. Also hit up Botofogo and Flamingo for more authentic nightlife spots. Only hitting up Ipanema and Leblon is not really getting a feel for the real Rio imo.

Well, we were gonna go to Casa da Matriz so he wasn't completely against it but we kind of lost our energy by the end and with it our motivation to go there. I wasn't about to ditch my friend either, considering all that he was doing for me and how he was going out of his way to make sure I had an incredible time. We got in a small argument over that sort of thing one night and I felt really bad/ungrateful afterwards because of how awesome of a host he was being. I can see where he was coming from too: he's relatively new there and when you are more or less guiding someone else's safety, you are naturally more cautious. It was awesome so obviously I'm set on going back and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to see more, especially if he stays down there on a more permanent basis, which it looks like he will.

Thanks for your report McGillycuddy!! I am beginning to see more noobs come into the forum adding lots of value out the gate and information to help us get our freak on worldwide...+1 from me for that alone.

However, I hate to be the only asshole not jumping on the Rio bandwagon, but I must give another perspective about Rio. I speak/write FLUENT Portuguese (look Brazilian), and have lived in Rio for 6 month stints at a time (The max a tourist/business visa allows per calendar year). I was also accused MANY times of being a Brazilian pretending to be American by locals (Which seemed to really piss them off). I learned that being fluent in Portuguese worked AGAINST me.

In the part you mention that you saw 8's and 10's in Rio, and how you could not believe how hot the women were, I have to respectfully disagree with you. I have travelled to Rio DOZENS of times during Carnival parties, The Pan-American games in Rio de Janeiro a few years back, and I just did not see the 8's and 10's everyone here raves about. I only saw BUTTERFACES!!! And I am talking girls that have faces that look like pure crackhead ass (maybe a bit harsh, but seriously, wtf is up with the ugly faces?)

No matter where I went: Leblon, Ipanema, Barra da Tijuca, Copa, Lapa and just about everywhere. I would say Rio is full of 5's and 6's with a few Patricinhas walking around Shops do Barra mall with her little pet poodle thinking she is gods gift to mankind. If you are lucky, and aggressive enough, you can be lucky enough to have sex with a 6. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Of the few girls that had fantastic bodies, their faces were just fucking scary!!

The only place in Brazil I saw decent and prettier girls was Brasilia/Mato Grosso. Not to mention that they were 10x friendlier, and more DTF.

I know a lof of guys here don't care if a girls face looks like Shrek's mug as long as she she has a spectacular ass, but for me, it's just a deal breaker...no matter how fine her booty is. Unfortunately, Rio has an abundance of women with good bodies (and many whales too), with ugly faces. Also, you mentioned a love for fake tits, may guys here have that same love for fake tits. I unfortunately do not....I love my size C cups as natural and perky and soft as they can possibly be...not like a frozen basketball which is what fake tits feel like. However, this is a worldwide occurrence, not just Brazil. Yeah, I am one picky moda focka [Image: dodgy.gif]

Now, of special interest is that the few 8's 9's are very likely pro's at a local terma, who can be fucked for a 150USD in Centaurus with no bullshit to deal with if you were to meet her at a mall, cafe or on the street or even your local social circle.

I do remember last time I was in Rio for carnival 2008, I saw a river of urine streaming down the street, a bunch of drunk Brasileiros (whom I got in a fight with), and a 300lb whale running into the ocean, to take of her bathing suit and take a huge shit...without a care if she was being watched.

My .02

Mixx

Mixx criticizing Brazilian girls on this forum is like a kid in Sunday school saying he doesn't believe in Jesus Christ.

However, I agree with Mixx. The faces are not usually pretty in Rio. You will find more beautiful faces in Argentina, Colombia or even Uruguay. In addition, the girls in Rio also have small boobies.

I really think most guys never get a good look at the girls faces while they are walking by. "Pure crackhead ass" is a little harsh, but nonetheless I didn't see many of the 8-10's either. On the flip side in Colombia - you can see 10X more beautiful girls.

Nobody gets excited about a negative review, but it's important in order to capture a proper snapshot of place and its women. So, it's good that you posted Mixx.

Sometimes, things can irrationally snowball on positivity on this forum. Understandable - we come back from a good trip and we can lose that even keel.

18th Street Lounge on Thursday samba nights has the most Brazilian girls I've seen. You may have to wait until summer for it to pop off.

But again, the quality is quite disappointing. A Brazilian who ranks as a 7 will be literally surrounded by at least four guys.

Damn good report, I'm pumped to go.

Mixx, I can't believe you think most Carioca women are ugly. I saw oodles of hotties on the beach just like the OP.

Your post does remind me of something funny. One crowded very day on the beach I was hanging out near Posto 9 in Ipanema and there was woman with an incredible body laying right nearby. She kept smiling at me but her face was atrocious. I know I could've had her if I wanted her and usually I'm pretty tolerant of a so-so face if the body is amazing, but her face was THAT bad!

Quote: (03-14-2011 01:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

18th Street Lounge on Thursday samba nights has the most Brazilian girls I've seen. You may have to wait until summer for it to pop off.

But again, the quality is quite disappointing. A Brazilian who ranks as a 7 will be literally surrounded by at least four guys.

I hadn't even been to 18th st lounge until I met up with Rookie there and haven't been too impressed. The place has a great vibe, but I've yet to get my head around the $10 event night cover and usual sausage-fest.

@ OP: Great report.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (03-14-2011 11:12 AM)Lief Wrote:  

Mixx criticizing Brazilian girls on this forum is like a kid in Sunday school saying he doesn't believe in Jesus Christ.

However, I agree with Mixx. The faces are not usually pretty in Rio. You will find more beautiful faces in Argentina, Colombia or even Uruguay. In addition, the girls in Rio also have small boobies.

I really think most guys never get a good look at the girls faces while they are walking by. "Pure crackhead ass" is a little harsh, but nonetheless I didn't see many of the 8-10's either. On the flip side in Colombia - you can see 10X more beautiful girls.

Is this really true? Colombia>>> Brazil??
I'm just about to book my tickets. Will be in South America starting in mid April.

Was going to spend 5-6 weeks in Brazil and 3 weeks in Colombia (Plus time in Peru and Argentina). Woudl it be better to spend more time in Colombia and less time in Brazil?

BTW, does it suck in Rio in May and early June? (Will be in Argentina mid april to beginning of May)Will the beaches be deserted? I know it will still be warm, but perhaps Cariocas will find it too cold to go to the beach.

Quote: (03-14-2011 03:52 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

She kept smiling at me but her face was atrocious. I know I could've had her if I wanted her and usually I'm pretty tolerant of a so-so face if the body is amazing, but her face was THAT bad!

See what I mean? I would not steer you guys wrong man. Most girls in Southern Brazil (except maybe Santa Catarina) are straight up butter-faces!

I don't know what it was, but I also had lots of similar experiences. I remember one time I saw this girl in Sao Paolo walking down the street, and I had to race about 6 blocks to catch her...she had the most boom-bangin ass I'd ever seen. Damn, she looked like fitness guru Denise Austin from behind. So, here I go on this incredibly wild goose chase, jumping over hurdles, dog-shit and rush hour traffic thinking to myself how incredible this girl will be in doggie style position, and thinking of a thousand ways to bang her once I catch up to her.

I see her in the distance, my heart is racing about 150BPM at almost full steam making sure nothing stands in my way of perhaps the finest piece of ass I'll sarge in Brazil......I get closer, and closer, and my heart races even more as I MUST meet this woman....my hand is reaching out to tap her shoulder, I have butterflies in my stomach but move on like a warrior, and finally it happens. I tap her shoulder "Disculpa senhora, eu gostaria di.......", and she turns around.......I fucking froze and almost when into cardiac arrest. "ooooohhhhhhh" is all I can say, and then I started running away from her faster than I was running towards her.....damn, her face was just tore-up from the floor up!

I packed my bags and left Brazil the next day....don't know If I'll ever return.

Mixx

Mixx that is fuckin' hilarious!!!! I guess for those traveling to S. Brazil the rules to remember are:

1. Beauty is only a light switch away.
2. You can drink an ugly girl pretty but not a fat girl thin.

I've been to Rio too... I saw a lot of butter faces but I didn't think it was THAT bad... I actually saw a lot of attractive women, especially in the local shops and stores away from the beaches...

I do think that other places in Brazil are better, not just for looks but for the friendliness of women... Rio is not what it use to be a couple decades ago... The constant bombardment of foreigners has lead to seasonal (maybe even permanent) sausage parties and an immunity of the local women to your foreign appeal.

Quote: (03-14-2011 10:53 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

In the part you mention that you saw 8's and 10's in Rio, and how you could not believe how hot the women were, I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled [Image: smile.gif]

In seriousness, I stand by my assertion but as I said, I am a newb to foreign travel so I have an admittedly limited perspective on these things. However, with me was a friend who lives in LA and has done extended backpacking through Europe and SE Asia and he said Rio had by far the best women he'd seen anywhere. He's doing another several weeks through the rest of SA now, so I'll be sure to ask him what he thinks afterward.

I will add that something I told my friends was that Rio also had the ugliest girls I have ever seen. There was very little middle ground, IMO, so perhaps that can sway people in the other direction if they are the "half-empty" sort (not saying this is you Mixx).

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:12 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Nobody gets excited about a negative review, but it's important in order to capture a proper snapshot of place and its women. So, it's good that you posted Mixx.

Sometimes, things can irrationally snowball on positivity on this forum. Understandable - we come back from a good trip and we can lose that even keel.

I agree 100%. There is always going to be a little rose-colored glasses effect on anyone who has a successful trip abroad so the negative reviews are equally as helpful.

Quote: (03-14-2011 01:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Thanks Roosh. I guess I'll have to check it out once or twice and figure if it'll be worth continual effort.

Quote: (03-15-2011 01:11 AM)DanDeLaCruz Wrote:  

constant bombardment of foreigners has lead to seasonal (maybe even permanent) sausage parties and an immunity of the local women to your foreign appeal.

So what you are saying is that my game is just that tight [Image: wink.gif]

After travelling around the world - living in 5 countries and now ending up in Rio for the next 4-5 years, I'll for sure defend the fact that Rio has a huge number of beautiful women. And I'm talking face and body wise. Don't like the nice body - ugly face girls (nor the way around [Image: wink.gif] ). I love the model type of girls, brunette or blonde cariocas.

I'm not into black or darker girls and maybe think the 'ugly' faces idea comes from there. Many girls from the favela's or low class area's are indeed ugly. Many girls going to "gringo" places are from these areas...

What I discovered while travelling to Rio before and especially when living here, is that having a great time in Rio all comes to timing. The best time to go to Rio is December/January. It's Rio's summer & all people have 1-2 months holidays. Everyone will hit the beach, walk around & go to parties (from Monday to Sunday).

It's a huge difference compared with for example July & August. Most people will skip the beach, stay at home and will go out less often (due to the rain).

Also, meeting the top beautiful women will limited you if you are here for a short amount time. The rich in Ipanema/Leblon don't like tourist, and areas such as Tijuca will be harder to reach if you don't know the city to well. However if you get a chance, try to venture out with a local to some other areas and you'll see lots of good looking mid-class girls who are nice and easy to approach.

With regards to carnival: carnival is created & organized by the people from the favelas (slums). This means that most of the people celebrating in the blocos (street parties) & parades are from these areas. This automatically lowers the quality of the girls tremendously. It however makes approaching easy, if you are up to it...

Keep in mind that in general the rich/upper-class and higher middle-class will be travelling during carnival. Hence the huge traffic jams to Buzios, Angra,... the parties in Buzios during carnival are famous & attract the most beautiful people. But it means you'll miss out the carnival celebrations.

Most of the beautiful girls who aren't travelling will skip carnival & stay with friends. If you go to areas such as Tijuca you'll notice that the bars will be packed with beautiful middle-class girls who are open to talk & have fun. Its an area which I can highly recommend if you want to meet a beautiful, local and approachable carioca girl !

I personally like carnival, but think it's overhyped. It's not the huge sex party as it's marketed in Europe or the US. Actually, as in many cases it's drinking, dancing kissing and... doing the same again the next day.

As they often say here: carnival is for tourists & a small number of people. The rest just love the holidays that come with it [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (03-15-2011 01:11 AM)DanDeLaCruz Wrote:  

I do think that other places in Brazil are better, not just for looks but for the friendliness of women... Rio is not what it use to be a couple decades ago... The constant bombardment of foreigners has lead to seasonal (maybe even permanent) sausage parties and an immunity of the local women to your foreign appeal.

What places in Brazil are better than Rio IYO? Floripa?

Quote: (03-14-2011 04:59 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2011 03:52 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

She kept smiling at me but her face was atrocious. I know I could've had her if I wanted her and usually I'm pretty tolerant of a so-so face if the body is amazing, but her face was THAT bad!

See what I mean? I would not steer you guys wrong man. Most girls in Southern Brazil (except maybe Santa Catarina) are straight up butter-faces!

I don't know what it was, but I also had lots of similar experiences. I remember one time I saw this girl in Sao Paolo walking down the street, and I had to race about 6 blocks to catch her...she had the most boom-bangin ass I'd ever seen. Damn, she looked like fitness guru Denise Austin from behind. So, here I go on this incredibly wild goose chase, jumping over hurdles, dog-shit and rush hour traffic thinking to myself how incredible this girl will be in doggie style position, and thinking of a thousand ways to bang her once I catch up to her.

I see her in the distance, my heart is racing about 150BPM at almost full steam making sure nothing stands in my way of perhaps the finest piece of ass I'll sarge in Brazil......I get closer, and closer, and my heart races even more as I MUST meet this woman....my hand is reaching out to tap her shoulder, I have butterflies in my stomach but move on like a warrior, and finally it happens. I tap her shoulder "Disculpa senhora, eu gostaria di.......", and she turns around.......I fucking froze and almost when into cardiac arrest. "ooooohhhhhhh" is all I can say, and then I started running away from her faster than I was running towards her.....damn, her face was just tore-up from the floor up!

I packed my bags and left Brazil the next day....don't know If I'll ever return.

Mixx

That story was hilarious.

Brazilian women probably are overhyped looks-wise, but they do have a lot of women with large asses and there are a lot of curly hair, golden-skinned mulattas women which are my favorite. So if you like those two things, can't go wrong with Brazil.