rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Helsinki, Tallinn & Riga Trip Report

Helsinki

Helsinki has it upsides and downsides. First, the bad news: It´s very expensive, freezing cold (-15 to -20 Celsius when i visited) and if you want to stay in hostels:the hostel scene in Helsinki sucks. I stayed in the Eurohostel near the harbour. It´s not a normal hostel, it feels more like a hotel and has many old people and creeps. You can´t socialize there. It also has a very sterile and prison-like vibe. The only other hostels available in the city during the winter months are the Stadion Hostel, located at the Olympic Stadion 30 minutes outside the center and the Hostel Erottajanpuisto in the center. If you plan on staying in a hostel, i would recommend trying the second one and avoid the Eurohostel. It´s very expensive and you even have to pay for internet access. That said, i think it would be pretty easy to bring chicks with you in this hostel, because you can sneak by the reception.

Now the good news: The chicks are hot and relatively easy, the nightlife is very good if you know the right locations and the prices in the nightclubs/bars are affordable. You also don´t have to worry about language barriers, because everybody speaks good english.

Recommended venues for day game:

The streets Alexanderkatu and Mannerheimkatu in the center are very good spots to run some day game. For shopping mall game, try the famous mall "Stockmann" located right there, tons of chicks.

Recommendes venues for night game:

I arrived on a Sunday and left on a Friday in Helsinki, so i didn´t even experience a party weekend there, but even Tuesday and Wednesday were fantastic at certain locations.

-"The Tiger": Fantastic location to game. It´s located in the 5th/6th floor of the shopping centere "Kamppi". It has 2 floors with i think 3 or 4 bars and two balconys for smokers. Fantastic to run some cigarette game there. It also has seats located along the dancefloor so you can change location a few time and approach different sets without making it look to obvious. Dance game is highly recommended there, try to approach at the platform with the poles, the chicks who dance there are the wildest and you can approach there without too much effort. Got two makeouts and a drove home with two finnish chicks after the club closed and got my finnish flag.
-Bar located on Mikonkatu street: I can´t remember the full finnish name, but it beginns with Bär.. located right next to a Texas steakhouse. Also a good venue, big bar for approaching and also the guys are very friendly if you approach them at the bar, so they introduce you to girls in their group often.
-"The Circus": Never went there because it is only open on the weekends, but apparently the biggest club Helsinki, so worth checking out. Located within walking distance to "The Tiger"
Also tried a few other venues like the PRKL bar, the Public Corner, and the Corona, Moskova and Dubrovnik bar and a few other bars located Uudenmankatu, and Erikskatu, but they were quite empty on Sunday and Monday, but maybe they are worth checking out on the weekends.

Avoid: the Alcatraz club, unless you look for p4p action. On Monday the nightlife was weak, so i checked out this club without knowing it was a whorehouse. Left after one drink.

I´m still weak at approaching during the day because AA often rears its ugly head, but im pretty sure you can get laid in Helsinki just with nightgame too, as long as you have decent game if you know the right locations, because the girls are quite easy.

That´s it for now, Tallinn and Riga reports will follow the next days.

Thanks for the report, Austrian.

How was the quality of girls?

How were other guys (and other foreigners) doing with their game? Was there a lot hooking up in general?

Good one Austrian!

Can you also break down the transport options between Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga? Ive heard that there is a ferry which goes between these cities and it is a wild ride.

Also what about the local guys spitting game?

@Luckystar: like i said, the quality was quite good. lots of really hot chicks around. Hair colours were varied, and most had blue eyes. Many of them also had big tits.

Can´t speak for other foreigners, because i always went out solo in Helsinki, but i saw quite some hooking up, especially at the Tiger club. Also saw a couple going in the toilets to get things going there.

@Sirob: I took the Viking line ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn. It costs about 40 euros and takes about 2 and a half hours. From Tallinn to Riga i took a bus from the Eurolines company. Costs only 15 euro and takes about 4 and a half hours. Apparently the train system isn´t developed much in the Baltic states, so i´d suggest to also take a bus if you´re ever there. Eurolines also offers bus trips to Vilnius, Warsaw, Tartu, Pärnu and St.Petersburg.

Can´t really answer your second question, because i was mainly focused on gaming the chicks and didn´t really observe other guys. But, like i said, there was quite some hooking up going on.

Tallinn

After Helsinki, i was actually a bit disappointed with what Tallinn had to offer. I didn´t find the girls that special there. Sure, there are some stunners there also, but on average, the quality was nothing to write home about in my opinion. The city is also relatively small. I only stayed in old town Tallinn, so i can´t speak for the newer part of the city though.
I stayed at the Tallinn Backpackers, Monk´s Bunk and Viru Backpackers hostels (had to change locations, because i didn´t make reservations.) Those hostels are all connected with each others and have the same staff and are within walking distance ( 5 minutes) of each other. All three hostels are good for socializing, but it´s mostly a sausage fest there. Avoid the nightly pub crawls, because you don´t want to be associated with a horde of drunk English, Irish and Australian fools.
No wonder foreigners have a bad reputation in the Baltics. I didn´t have any luck in Tallinn, but if you get lucky, you could try to bring some chicks in the hostels because you could sneak by the reception. (It´s only difficult at the Monk´s Bunk if you get a room where you have to pass the reception) If you have a guaranteed bang, a single room at the Viru backpackers is your best bet if you travel on a budget.
Nightlife wasn´t good during the week, so concentrate on day gaming during those days.

Recommended venues for day game: If you are staying in the Old Town, try one of the main streets there called Viru (the street where the Monk´s Bunk and Viru backpackers hostels are located) and the adjacent streets.
Just outside of the Old town there is big shopping mall called Viru Keskus. Only about 10 minutes away from the hostels i mentioned.

-Levist Välkas: This alternative bar right next to the Tallinn Backpackers hostels is your best bet to get laid. The chicks there are more approachable then the club chicks, but also of inferior quality. I concentrated on gaming in other clubs and bars which was a mistake in retrospect. I´m pretty sure you could get your Estonian flag here without too much effort. If you approach here and the chick dissappears, you often get re-approached later on. Only problem is the so-so quality of the chicks here. Empty during the week but packed on the weekends.

-Hollywood club: One of the biggest clubs in Tallinn. The problem here it´s so fucking loud there so you can´t run normal game and just concentrate on dancing game.

-Shooters,Nimeta and Tonic bars: Located right next to each other, these places are good to run normal bar game.

-Prive and Von Krahl clubs: Didn´t check out these two clubs, but they might have potential. Prive seems like the most exclusive club in Tallinn with exorbitant entry prices while Von Krahl is an alternative club.

Things to do besides gaming:
The medieval old town is beautiful and definitely worth a visit, even when you stay somewhere in the new city. Behind the railway station, there is a Russian market where you can buy everything from Nazi and Soviet uniforms and medals to alcohol and cigarettes for cheap.

If you´re interested in history like me, you could also visit the Estonian museum of occupation. It is focused on the Nazi German and Soviet occupation of Estonia (1940-1991) Entry is only 2 Euros.

Riga

It´s true, the girls in Riga are HOT. But it isn´t really easy there, especially compared to Finland. It´s hard to game in most bars and nightclubs, because it is so loud. During the week, the nightlife isn´t amazing, so concentrate on day game and try to set up dates.

I stayed at the Naughty Squirrel hostel only a few minutes from the Main bus station in Old town Riga. definitely a good hostel, even the staff girls are hot and the logistics for a potential bang are not bad. You could sneak by the reception and bring them to the showers to bang.

Recommended venues for day game: Right next to the hostel i was staying in, there is a shopping mall with about 5 floors which is a good location for day gaming. You can also use the adjacent main streets called Kaleju and Kalku.

Recommended venues for night game:
-Scandal club: Good club on Kaleju street, but like most clubs, a bit loud for verbal game.
-Essential club :One of the biggest clubs in Riga, with 3 different dancefloors and multiple bars. Very loud, so concentrate on dance game there.
-Pulkevedis: An alternative bar. Outside the bar you can run good cigarette game. Unfortunately, also a bit loud, but only later on.

As you see, the nightlife options aren´t so good in my opinion because it´s either very loud or the venues have many separate tables with sitting groups, making it difficult to approach. (I love you Bar, Shot Cafe for example) That´s why you should mainly focus on getting numbers during the week (day game) and setting up dates.

Avoid: Riga has many scam places, so better avoid the following venues: Angels, Babylon, Livu Krodrin, Red Lion Pub, Infinity Bar, A13, Enigma, Blow Style, Radio Bar. As you can see, quite a long list. Be suspicious of girls who approach you on the street at night (for example asking for a lighter or a cigarette as an opener) because they could try to lure you into those places and making you buy drinks. I read reports that guys had to pay grossly overpriced amounts or be threatened with violence if they refused to pay.

Things to do besided gaming: Like Tallinn, Riga also has a museum focused on the German and Soviet occupation, and a "War Museum", which portrays the history of the Latvian army during WW1 and 2. Free entry.

Thanks Austrian, these are pretty useful data sheets, especially the clubs and bars to avoid in Riga.

Can you also throw in some information on the inter city transport between Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga? I'm planning to hit these places in June 1st week for about 5 days each.

Quote: (03-17-2011 07:41 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

Can you also throw in some information on the inter city transport between Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga? I'm planning to hit these places in June 1st week for about 5 days each.

Good luck in advance. Leave us a trip report when your back.

Hey man! I just search for foruns with Riga, Tallinn and Helsinki's adventures and I found this. Nice post by the way, good description.
Next May I'm going on trip stopping in these 3 cities.
Starting in Riga I already I've heard about Essential Club. The thing is everyone said that most of people there are foreigners or latvian girls gold diggers. Did u notice that? I mean, foreigner girls are probably easy but I would like to have a latvian experience. Did you notice some differences on the easiness of the girls in the different clubs?
In Tallinn I heard thing are softer and girls more friendly. They recommend to me Hollywood club.
In Helsinki I'll be in a course in some University course and tutored all week long. The thing is by your statement it seems a better investment then Tallinn or Riga.
Other thing, I don't know how you look like, but my friends say the girls there go crazy about dark haired and with dark eyes men. Do you had some experience that shows so?

Thanks for the testimony man, anyway seems you had a great time. [Image: smile.gif]

Cheers

I´ll return home from Tallinn in a few days and look forward to giving you guys an update on the 3 Baltic Capitals to add to the very detailed and valuable input by Austrian.

@ Sirob: Thanks. I already answered your question in a post above.

@The Striker: Didn´t see gold diggers or foreign girls at the Essential club. Maybe only in the summertime? I would say the girls in Riga are harder than Helsinki and Tallinn to game, didn´t notice much difference between the clubs.
In my opinion, Helsinki has the easiest girls of those three cities and they are also hotter than Estonians and beaten only by a whisker by the Latvians, so it´s worth checking out.
I have brown hair and brown eyes, but i wouldn´t say they get crazy about this look. Not really. You know, it´s also not uncommon there among the locals, so you wouldn´t really stand out.

Forgot to mention: Didn´t encounter any violence whatsover. I only saw like three skinheads in Riga during my stay and none in Tallinn. For blacks it might be more dangerous, though.

Quote: (03-20-2011 02:51 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

For blacks it might be more dangerous, though.

I don't think so.

Quote: (03-20-2011 03:27 PM)Global Baller Wrote:  

Quote: (03-20-2011 02:51 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

For blacks it might be more dangerous, though.

I don't think so.

Yeah, I've been here 10 days and I'm still alive.......

(Thoughts to follow soon.......)

I'm flying through Stockholm and going to the sorrounding areas; in reading a bunch of other posts, especially regarding Riga, I'm getting a bit ancy about Russian skinheads that will likely fuck me up. I'm 5'8" 170, on the skinnier side. Seems like I need to take some martial arts classes to hang!

You used to get occasional groups of Russian skin heads on suur karja in Tallinn but Personally not seen any for a few years In all honesty my local pubs are much more dangerous than Tallinn so don't worry and just keep an eye out for drunken trouble makers same as anywhere. I would have to say though that I am surprised the Austrian found Helsinki better than Tallinn for quality. Helsinki girls are known to be easy but not that good looking. I would rate Tallinn in the summer as outstanding.

Quote: (03-10-2011 02:35 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

Helsinki

Helsinki has it upsides and downsides. First, the bad news: It´s very expensive, freezing cold (-15 to -20 Celsius when i visited) and if you want to stay in hostels:the hostel scene in Helsinki sucks. I stayed in the Eurohostel near the harbour. It´s not a normal hostel, it feels more like a hotel and has many old people and creeps. You can´t socialize there. It also has a very sterile and prison-like vibe. The only other hostels available in the city during the winter months are the Stadion Hostel, located at the Olympic Stadion 30 minutes outside the center and the Hostel Erottajanpuisto in the center. If you plan on staying in a hostel, i would recommend trying the second one and avoid the Eurohostel. It´s very expensive and you even have to pay for internet access. That said, i think it would be pretty easy to bring chicks with you in this hostel, because you can sneak by the reception.

Now the good news: The chicks are hot and relatively easy, the nightlife is very good if you know the right locations and the prices in the nightclubs/bars are affordable. You also don´t have to worry about language barriers, because everybody speaks good english.

The streets Alexanderkatu and Mannerheimkatu in the center are very good spots to run some day game. For shopping mall game, try the famous mall "Stockmann" located right there, tons of chicks.

I arrived on a Sunday and left on a Friday in Helsinki, so i didn´t even experience a party weekend there, but even Tuesday and Wednesday were fantastic at certain locations.

-"The Tiger": Fantastic location to game. It´s located in the 5th/6th floor of the shopping centere "Kamppi". It has 2 floors with i think 3 or 4 bars and two balconys for smokers. Fantastic to run some cigarette game there. It also has seats located along the dancefloor so you can change location a few time and approach different sets without making it look to obvious. Dance game is highly recommended there, try to approach at the platform with the poles, the chicks who dance there are the wildest and you can approach there without too much effort. Got two makeouts and a drove home with two finnish chicks after the club closed and got my finnish flag.
-Bar located on Mikonkatu street: I can´t remember the full finnish name, but it beginns with Bär.. located right next to a Texas steakhouse. Also a good venue, big bar for approaching and also the guys are very friendly if you approach them at the bar, so they introduce you to girls in their group often.
-"The Circus": Never went there because it is only open on the weekends, but apparently the biggest club Helsinki, so worth checking out. Located within walking distance to "The Tiger"
Also tried a few other venues like the PRKL bar, the Public Corner, and the Corona, Moskova and Dubrovnik bar and a few other bars located Uudenmankatu, and Erikskatu, but they were quite empty on Sunday and Monday, but maybe they are worth checking out on the weekends.

Avoid: the Alcatraz club, unless you look for p4p action. On Monday the nightlife was weak, so i checked out this club without knowing it was a whorehouse. Left after one drink.

I´m still weak at approaching during the day because AA often rears its ugly head, but im pretty sure you can get laid in Helsinki just with nightgame too, as long as you have decent game if you know the right locations, because the girls are quite easy.

Guys, I am new to the forum, but not new to chasing. With 31 countries and counting under my belt, I have plenty of knowledge to share from chasing pussy. From Iceland to Peru to Malaysia, it is my favorite sport.

With that said, Helsinki is fucking great. Go to Aussie Bar, Wed/Thur is nuts. During the week, head to Millionaires Club for great drink specials and some younger chicks. To hunt office/professional women do Bakers and get there around 5.

About Tallinn, whew, man where to start. My friend (Chinese American) and I (Mexican American) we were gods over there. Both of us brought our A-game and were hunting from the time we woke up (2pm) till 6am every night for a week. Easy to meet walking around, stores, everywhere. We stayed at Tallinn Backpackers, in separate private rooms and each brought back chicks, no problem. Then again we tried to hook up with the hot chicks working there too.

Do this, join the backpacker pub crawl, even if you dont stay at the hostel. You'll meet drunk Finnish girls and get a tour of the bars. Hit up Shooters, good god man, we tore that place up. There are a bunch of other places nearby, but we lived in Shooters.

Damn Nordic. Thanks for that. You should drop a line on a few of these threads and add some knowledge. Out of all of those countries which is the best overall for just sheer amounts of easy pussy, and also which was the hardest but had the best reward?

TD

Quote: (05-16-2011 07:24 PM)nordichunter Wrote:  

Quote: (03-10-2011 02:35 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

Helsinki

Guys, I am new to the forum, but not new to chasing. With 31 countries and counting under my belt, I have plenty of knowledge to share from chasing pussy. From Iceland to Peru to Malaysia, it is my favorite sport.

With that said, Helsinki is fucking great. Go to Aussie Bar, Wed/Thur is nuts. During the week, head to Millionaires Club for great drink specials and some younger chicks. To hunt office/professional women do Bakers and get there around 5.

About Tallinn, whew, man where to start. My friend (Chinese American) and I (Mexican American) we were gods over there. Both of us brought our A-game and were hunting from the time we woke up (2pm) till 6am every night for a week. Easy to meet walking around, stores, everywhere. We stayed at Tallinn Backpackers, in separate private rooms and each brought back chicks, no problem. Then again we tried to hook up with the hot chicks working there too.

Do this, join the backpacker pub crawl, even if you dont stay at the hostel. You'll meet drunk Finnish girls and get a tour of the bars. Hit up Shooters, good god man, we tore that place up. There are a bunch of other places nearby, but we lived in Shooters.
There's not to many hispanics writing info on other countries so it would be good if you could do it for some more countries you've been to!

Quote: (05-16-2011 07:24 PM)nordichunter Wrote:  

Humm...sounds interesting.

I 2nd the request for more info. I am latin too. Tell us more about your experience there as a latin guy. I thought that being latin was not a huge attraction factor in Tallin, much like Germany.

Mixx

Mixx - there's no love in Germany for us? Why is that?

Quote: (05-17-2011 11:32 AM)houston Wrote:  

I wish I knew....every German girl I have gamed was just not into my latin style. Granted I don't want to generalize on gaming 6 German chicks in my life, but when you compare them to the love we get from Canadian French girls,...it's very puzzling.

They seem to love American black guys however ......

Mixx

Strange. Maybe they associate brown skin with middle easterns?

Are there any other countries you wouldn't recommend for a hispanic playa?

Quote: (05-17-2011 11:57 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2011 11:32 AM)houston Wrote:  

I wish I knew....every German girl I have gamed was just not into my latin style. Granted I don't want to generalize on gaming 6 German chicks in my life, but when you compare them to the love we get from Canadian French girls,...it's very puzzling.

They seem to love American black guys however ......

Mixx

Quote: (05-17-2011 01:39 PM)houston Wrote:  

Strange. Maybe they associate brown skin with middle easterns?

Are there any other countries you wouldn't recommend for a hispanic playa?

I'm also Latino(Brazil), when you guys say latin dark features or tanned skin do you guys mean george lopez look or freddie prinze Jr look?My skin is lighter like freddie's

[Image: attachment.jpg1329]   

[Image: attachment.jpg1330]   

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Hey, don't sleep on George man...that fucker gets some FFFIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEE fucking females!! I've seen it with my own eyes!!!

Thank god I don't look like him though! LOL!!

MiXX

I know a latin guy (Colombian) who is married to a German girl. She aint a stunner but she aint ugly either. You guys aren't missing out on anything, I put German girls at the bottom of the European totem pole along with Danish girls in terms of looks and personality.