rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forbes Ranks Most Reliable Countries To Do Business

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2...countries/

For the first time, FM Global has put countries through a rigorous evaluation process and produced a publicly available ranking of the places it deems most resilient. Landing in first place is a country that may not be at the top of your list for opening a subsidiary or a factory: Norway (ExxonMobil has operated there for more than 120 years; ConocoPhillips also has longstanding oil fields there). Coming in second is a more obvious choice, given its bank secrecy laws and stable political environment: Switzerland. Canada, with its solid government, oil reserves and well-developed infrastructure, is in third place.

The U.S. doesn’t rank until 10th place and then only a portion of the country FM Global calls Region 3, made up of 26 states in the Southwest, Midwest, the South and Washington, D.C. on the East Coast is in the slot. Other states in the group include Arizona, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. The U.S.’s region 1 is at risk for wind storms and includes Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey and New York, placing 18th on the list. US Region 1 is made up mostly of Western states like California and Oregon, plus Hawaii and Alaska. Because of those states’ vulnerability to earthquakes, the region scores down at 21 on the list, just behind the United Kingdom and above Singapore.

The 25 Most Reliable Countries http://cf.datawrapper.de/wwim7/1/

The 25 Least Reliable Countries http://cf.datawrapper.de/1GKzN/2/

Iraq didn't make top 25 most unreliable ?

I guess there's 25 more unreliable places to do business than Mosul or Baghdad

Quote: (08-12-2014 07:04 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Iraq didn't make top 25 most unreliable ?

I guess there's 25 more unreliable places to do business than Mosul or Baghdad

It doesn't look like Iraq made the list at all, they didn't list some countries due to insufficient information, and working from 2013 data.

I think I understand the argument, for at least the last two decades, natural disasters have been the biggest disruption events for global supply chains.

I hate articles like this. What a load of crap. Putting all of those countries in front of the USA, really? Fuck it, I'm moving to Luxembourg...

Only journalists with an "objective formula" can come up with this stuff.

This is no different when Forbes puts out a list every year of the "best cities in the USA to do business", and you get a list like Des Moines, Cincinnati, and Spokane (and no mention of New York, Los Angeles, Houston, because they didn't "grow enough" on a percentage basis).

It isn't as easy to do business in other countries as you might think. Try it. You might just find yourself in the USA to make your money and sitting on a patio in one of those countries to enjoy café.

A joke. Ranking Qatar above the UK, Singapore or anywhere in the USA, the Qataris must have got that ranking the same way they got the 2022 World Cup.

Try doing business in Qatar without an influential local partner, ha ha. Try to resolve a dispute with your local partner in a fair way.

The World Bank does a Doing Business report every year, ranking countries on a bunch of criteria, more trustworthy.

http://www.doingbusiness.org/

I think these lists are just mental masturbation. It's important to know the gist of how easy or hard it is to run a business in a certain country, not if it's 11th or 16th. It's like guys trying to rank girls as 7.75 or 6.2s.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

^ I do like it when they include risks of natural disasters into the rankings though. Even back when California was a state economic superpower I couldn't understand why someone would want to relocate there, let alone establish a manufacturing heavy facility. Coastal storms, santa ana driven firestorms, earth quakes, drought all mess with logistics if not the plant itself.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

It's pretty disconcerting every year a list like this comes out and the USA falls lower and lower each year. The land of the free and home of the brave, rugged individualism, unbridled liberty.... it's disappearing before our eyes (completely gone in some cases).

The USA should rank #1 in things like reliable places to do business, economic freedom, etc. How can we claim to be the land of freedom when those pinkos up north in Canada rank higher as a "free nation?!" So if the USA no longer stands for freedom, then what do we stand for? We are a secular, multicultural democracy founded on a proposition that has since been abandoned. We aren't a true "nation" and our values our merely Christian-like. So who are we? The land of "diversity" where we celebrate the sexually confused, sodomites, baby killing slutty carousel riders, and illegal immigrants?

The USA is dying. Enjoy the decline gentlemen.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (08-13-2014 03:40 PM)objectivist tree Wrote:  

It's pretty disconcerting every year a list like this comes out and the USA falls lower and lower each year. The land of the free and home of the brave, rugged individualism, unbridled liberty.... it's disappearing before our eyes (completely gone in some cases).

The USA should rank #1 in things like reliable places to do business, economic freedom, etc. How can we claim to be the land of freedom when those pinkos up north in Canada rank higher as a "free nation?!" So if the USA no longer stands for freedom, then what do we stand for? We are a secular, multicultural democracy founded on a proposition that has since been abandoned. We aren't a true "nation" and our values our merely Christian-like. So who are we? The land of "diversity" where we celebrate the sexually confused, sodomites, baby killing slutty carousel riders, and illegal immigrants?

The USA is dying. Enjoy the decline gentlemen.

Remember, its just business rankings not personal life. Canada has some good advantages for business like:
- banking monopoly - banks are incredibly stable (so much that they are buying us banks)
- low occurence of natural disasters
- friendly tax climate...corporate tax rates for canadian owned corporations are on par with ireland
- friendly immigration policies for bringing in foreign labor
- in country raw materials supply for steel, wood, agriculture and oil
- cheap industrial rates for water and electricity with stable supplies
- no need to pay healthcare benefits (covered by individuals)

Don't take that as an endorsement of moving there though, its not that great of a place to be an individual vs. america.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

So US states rank near such horrible places as Singapore and Hong Kong. How is this bad?

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Was the business deal known as "marriage" included in this study?

I wonder what the criteria was. In India, and likely many of the other 'unreliables', the local Government has a lot of stupid licenses and permits you need to legally complete. But no one really cares about whether you complete them or not unless you're listed in a stock exchange.

In that sense, India is a much more reliable place to do business in (and I have had relatives confirm this) because with the right amount of street-smarts & bribes, you can do business as you please without nearly a tenth as much regulation as the United States. I suspect this is true for most other unreliable.

'Reliable' = The less street-smart you need to be in order to successfully run a business.

Just my 2 cents.