rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you think of red pants

Hi.

I searched but did not found a similar thread.

Long story short: what do you think of red pants? I have some , and I think they are fine, but my family (mother, sisters) think they are gay.
What's your opinion on it?

I think they are fine, not really so daring anymore pretty common in NY at least. Why limit your pants to only blue?

They are more flamboyant than the usual fare but unless you buy a pair that is too tight or don't match them up with the rest of your outfit it can look like you are trying too hard. Never wear more than one flashy article of clothing. Wear subdued colors and patterns to accentuate the pants and try not to wear all red. Post a picture of the entire outfit if you want more help than that.

GQ says ok
Cr33pin says gay
[Image: 6a012876c6c7fb970c017c328d3659970b-pi]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

[Image: 377862IMG20140808145917.jpg]

Like all items of clothing, it's not the what but the how that matters.

Mikado I recommend a better picture upload. Cant tell if those are curtains or a pair of jeans.

I have rocked them before with great results. I would always wear white/grey sneakers and a white or black t-shirt (also a white/black belt that contrasts with the tshirt looks good too). Don't wear another item that s also eye catching unless you really know what you are doing.

Its great introvert game (thanks MIkeCF) because it draws attention to you and gives you more opening opportunities.

Don't worry about what your family thinks - street test them for more accurate results. Trying out new things like this takes a little time to get used to the difference in reactions in people. The attention is a good thing but it takes a few days to become congruent with that.

I see clothes like this as having a multiplier effect: If you have good game and fitness it boosts up girls attraction, if you are overweight and awkward it only draws attention to yourself in a badlight.

I have a pair. My guy friends usually tend to make fun of them, some want to copy the look, and girls usually like them. I do notice I do get more eye-fucks when I'm wearing them.

Quote: (08-08-2014 10:36 AM)Drazen Wrote:  

I have a pair. My guy friends usually tend to make fun of them, some want to copy the look, and girls usually like them. I do notice I do get more eye-fucks when I'm wearing them.

There's a lot of research out there on the power of red items of clothing.

It's no different to women wearing red lipstick.

The fact that it is a sexual colour is what puts a lot of guys off from wearing it, I think.

STOP!
[Image: il_340x270.510023978_cz8m.jpg]
Hammertime!

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Theoretical: Possible, definitely peacocking and sure to draw attention.
Practical: Impossible. Anytime pants are the eye catching, appealing part of your outfit it's already an uphill battle.

I've seen it done again and again and it never looks good. It's almost always someone under 23 who has the hipster look down to an art. The sole exception I can think of was a guy who still looked like a hipster but had landed a professional job and was still figuring out the limits of casual Fridays.

Now pink pants with a white shirt for hitting a bar across from the beach? That's another story.

"Just because you can put it on, doesn't mean you can pull it off."

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

gotta know what you're doing or have a dope ass body before you try and pull some shit like this. could look very try hard if your style game isn't up to par.

I wore a pair once and was unprepared to have a couple of teen boys yell "pantalones" after they had passed a safe distance away. They were the whitest high school kids imaginable, so it must have rung a Hispanic bell somehow. (I look more white than Hispanic.)
I'd wear the pants again if I had them.

Do it. Its going to help you stand out which is going to help get the chicks.

Its funny in NY it is not a big deal, not really daring or anything, just another option for pants color.

If youre from Scranton, PA its probably a different story

You don't have the confidence to wear them.

Stick to jeans, khakis, and dress pants

WIA

I have a couple pairs, one coral red and one Nantucket red.

Avoid other vivid colors with them-white, gray and pastels like pale blue, green or yellow can work

Red/pink clashes and red/black makes you look like an 80s rock musician

They do get some attention

I'm a flashy (but tasteful, mostly) dresser and accustomed to comments on my clothes (overwhelmingly positive btw) but only wear clothes like this if they are congruent with your personality and you can handle the attention with aplomb

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

It's funny this thread was created bc I was considering the same thing the other night. I have a pair of pastel red chinos but was considering something a bit bolder.

It is definitely peacocking but often when you wear something outrageous with confidence, people will approach you to ask why you are wearing it, to compliment/hate it, etc... so they open for you.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Unfortunately, my red pants turned pink after a couple of washes and I probably won't wear them ever again.

They were cool though. I always got a lot of looks when I was living in Texas. I wore them to work one day and this old dude asked me why I was wearing my girlfriend's pants [Image: lol.gif]

OP,

When asking style questions, you should really mention the context: your approximate location, type of venues you frequent and also something about your general style/personality.
There is often no universal answer, that would work in every location/situation/person.

I used to wear red pants in Toronto to a few nightgame venues now and then and it didn't seem make a big difference one way or another. I also wore them a few times outside of Canada - similar thing. Got a bit more attention in Guelph (small-ish student town in Ontario Canada) on a night out there.

I wouldn't worry if some people you know say they look "gay". They can definitely be pulled off - they might work for you, they might not - so I'd say just try it and find out.

Mikado, you mentioned in a PM that you are black. A good rule of thumb is that if its metrosexual, black guys will look good in it. This includes red pants.

I have a pair of red chinos myself. Its great for getting attention from women wherever I go. Its bold and makes you look interesting.

Red pants are great to wear when you're on your period. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Your penance for the sin of owning red pants is to wear them until they are no longer usable.

Like a bad parent that makes you smoke the whole pack when he catches you sneaking a puff, that will teach you.

Men's clothing is usually much more conservative than women's clothing. For men usually with pants it's limited to specific colors, i.e. shades of grey, shades of blue, shades of tan, black.

So when a man wears something out of the ordinary it stands out more.

Can't believe no one else has posted this:

[Image: 1358391509_062811-celebs-eddie-murphy-fi...irious.jpg]