rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Credit card vs Cash?

Credit card vs Cash?

Lots of people, especially McQueen on his blog, promote using cash vs credit card. He even suggested using a money clip. Often I see cash vs credit card used as a distinction alpha vs beta, just like being ripped vs fat.

Never quite understood why? I guess that flashing bills is more dramatic and gives a more concrete sense of wealth? Can you cats explain on the benefits of having cash and a money clip over the convenience of a debit/credit cash? Cash are cool but I dont like stuffing my wallet with change.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Credit card vs Cash?

Cash is king as long as you always refuse the change.

At home I always use card because it's practical to only have a card in my pocket instead of a wallet.

Credit card vs Cash?

RIDICULOUS to think of cash/card in terms of beta/alpha. That's taking it way too far. Alpha is a state of mind.

Credit card vs Cash?

It's more alpha to just steal the item instead of paying.

Imo, cash > debit card > credit card. It's easier to overspend with a card.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Credit card vs Cash?

If you're responsible enough use the card, if not use cash. I have a black Amex, not one of the no limit ones but I still get comments about how cool it is constantly) and I pay it off every month. Worth it for the points. Plus in the US in order to ever get a mortgage you need to have had at least 3 credit lines open in your lifetime.

Credit card vs Cash?

I'll take my CC points, and fly business or first class.

You pay with cash because it's smooth and alpha.

Credit card vs Cash?

Yeah but why is cash more alpha?

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Credit card vs Cash?

This stuff applies more to the U.S. where flashing cash carries the implied message to dumb girls that you carry bills everywhere and don't need credit. This means you could be a rock star, a high profile drug dealer, or a business baller in their tiny minds. It also indirectly points to real decay in American society..credit is so common that it's considered beta. Cash is king. It should be the other way around. Think about it.

I don't blame guys from the U.S. for using this method. Whatever wettens and drops the panties.

Flashing large wads in most parts of Asia, Latin America, or EE it will just get you hustled, brutally beaten, or robbed.

Credit card vs Cash?

well, Having someone pay you in cash feels better than just seeing numbers in your account. When I get $600 in cash for teaching a student for a month, it feels way better than when someone sends the same amount into my account. I don't know why but seeing and feeling the cash is much better. I think for a woman seeing the money would have a similar effect but transfer those feelings on to you even more. It just seems more real with cash, even though both cash and card are just imaginary!

Credit card vs Cash?

Disregarding the credit is beta...

I control my money more easily when I actually feel the cash flow through my fingers when I spend. Cards are too easy to spend too much with.

Credit card vs Cash?

You guys are all missing the point.
Its not about cash or credit being alpha or beta

Its about the psychosexual effect a big roll of bills has on a woman; the sight of it triggers her hardwiring to find a provider and exchange sex for resources. Try it sometime and watch a girls eyes widen as she focuses on your roll; she cant help it

Plus cash upfront allows you to make a quick exit when the time is right. Trying to get a bartenders attention to sign your tab after the girl has agreed to leave with you is awkward and value lowering. You want to be able to grab her hand and pull her out immediately.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Credit card vs Cash?

I'm from the old school. A man should always have some cash on him. How much? I generally carry enough to buy a round or two of drinks with the guys. That translates into about $150 - $200. YMMV

Having said that, there is something to be said for using a card. Johnny Depp for years has only carried his AMEX in his back pocket. It's easy to keep track of your expenses and the bonus miles are nice.

Radical idea -- why not use both? Just my $.02.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" -- Hunter S. Thompson

"Knowledge without mileage is bullshit" -- Henry Rollins

"Fine....you go ahead and run down the hill and fuck one of those cows. But me, I'm going to walk down and fuck 'em all" -- Wise Old Bull

Credit card vs Cash?

Maybe this means I'm too much of a nerd to admit, but my first thought here was preditor-prey.

Basically, before everyone had cell phones, a credit card was a sign of distinction. Not everyone could get one. They had the little machine that always reminded me of cocking a gun to copy your card, then at the end of the month, they got mailed off to the credit card company, the CC company tallied everything, and then sent you a bill. Due to the inherant lack of safegaurds from things like real time verification, limit checks etc, banks only gave cards to people they could inherantly trust, and a card was a sign you were pre-selected financially by the bank.

Because of this implied status, everyone wanted to join the club. So technologies improved, lower end products were developed, and now everyone could have a credit card. In essense, since everyone had one, they essentially reallocated the status that was concerntrated in those few before. Now we've gotten to a point where anyone can get a card, even the most financially reckless. The average person spends more then they make, and if they missed a paycheck they would be fucked. The pendulum has swung to the other end. Now if you have cash you are the outlier. It means you actually have enough cash on hand to see to your immediate and near future needs, which is the exception. Cash rules for status now.

[Image: hoppensteadt_pp.jpg]

This pic basically says it all. Rabbits flourish, which in turn causes foxes to flourish, which decimates rabbits, which in turn decimates foxes, which in turn allows rabbits to thrive.

It can be applied to trends, popular software (think firefox/apple before they were popular therefore no malicious software)

I think its the same for cash and credit. Credit surged for status or whatever, no one used cash. But then we found out in 08 most people are retards with money, so as credit crashed, cash use once again surged. Now that people are getting back on their footing will they make the same mistakes and see another credit rush to buy rims? We'll see I guess.

Credit card vs Cash?

Credit is an American thing. A lot of countries deal mostly in cash. In Mexico, I even pay my rent in cash. Even when I lived in the Netherlands, the common way of paying was with a pin card where the money is taken directly out of your bank account. I only used a credit card when traveling to other countries.

Rico... Sauve....

Credit card vs Cash?

Cash and credit both have their place.

On dates cash is so much smoother. Who wants to be in a busy bar waiting around for a bartender to close out your tab when the pussy is soaking and your ready to venue change to your home? Dont give her hamster a chance to recalibrate, everything should be fluid and it also sets you apart from the pack. Electronic systems can fail, can be slow, etc Tipping the valet, hitting a food truck afterward is so much smoother with cash.

For big purchases obviously use your cards for the mileage benefits.etc.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Credit card vs Cash?

Seems like a lot of chics use cash at the bar.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Credit card vs Cash?

It doesn't surprise me that girls have a reaction to actual cash. Including girls who aren't poor. It's visceral. We are 99% "less hairy" ape and have a lot less control of visceral reactions than we think. And cash looks better than a CC, with the possible exception of ultra exclusive CC's like Amex Black/Centurion. But even then not everyone is a CC/finance geek so it wouldn't register for many people, whereas cash always registers.

I used to be in the camp that CC's or Debit Cards where better because if they are stolen you can just cancel them, and carrying cash is somewhat dangerous, especially in places like South Africa where I am now. But I've changed my habits a bit and carry a lot more cash than I used to and usually use cash to pay at bars and restaurants. Haven't been mugged yet.

Credit card vs Cash?

Should I smash my head through the wall now or later?

Seriously men, if you think the difference between cash and credit is the difference between you getting laid or not, then we need to back up a few steps. Seriously.

Credit card vs Cash?

Both have pros and cons. Cards are good that you can do chargebacks if need be. You earn points which equals money whether it be cashback or free flights. Its also nice if you use Mint.com or similar services as it helps you budget and learn your spending habits where as you would have to manually do that with cash.

Cash is good as some people say its more concrete you real8ze what you are spending and having to hand over cash vs swiping a card which some people says psychologically allows you to spend more.

At bars I like cash if Im grabbing drinks hate waiting for a waitress however with cash I find ai feel the need to leave a tip with every drink plus my change so sometimes it works out better just leaving one tip at the end of its a place I know aim gonna be for a while.

I was thinking about allowing myself so much cash per week as a budgeting tool and when my wallet is empty its gone but I tend to lose cash or forget about cash in pockets so not great for me cuz I know I'm bad with cash.

As far as cash unless you got a drug dealer wad nobodies gonna be that impressed by a couple hundred bucks a d it can come across as kinda dooshy if you go out of your way to flash cash.

Credit card vs Cash?

I love using my card for the pointd (highly recommend chase sapphire card for looks/feel alone) but you shouldn't go out in nyc without cadh on you. Usually carry around 50 bucks in cash and my card.

Credit card vs Cash?

Quote: (08-07-2014 11:29 AM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Both have pros and cons. Cards are good that you can do chargebacks if need be. You earn points which equals money whether it be cashback or free flights. Its also nice if you use Mint.com or similar services as it helps you budget and learn your spending habits where as you would have to manually do that with cash.

Cash is good as some people say its more concrete you real8ze what you are spending and having to hand over cash vs swiping a card which some people says psychologically allows you to spend more.

At bars I like cash if Im grabbing drinks hate waiting for a waitress however with cash I find ai feel the need to leave a tip with every drink plus my change so sometimes it works out better just leaving one tip at the end of its a place I know aim gonna be for a while.

I was thinking about allowing myself so much cash per week as a budgeting tool and when my wallet is empty its gone but I tend to lose cash or forget about cash in pockets so not great for me cuz I know I'm bad with cash.

As far as cash unless you got a drug dealer wad nobodies gonna be that impressed by a couple hundred bucks a d it can come across as kinda dooshy if you go out of your way to flash cash.

Anywhere in the US except certain places like New York City, having even three hundred dollar bills in your wallet (and some smaller bills) is enough to make most PEOPLE's eyes widen (or at least notice). Why? Because it's rare.

Cash is powerful. A few examples/theories as to why this is:

1. Carrying cash can be risky, if you always have cash on you people just automatically assume you understand the risk but are confident/strong enough to not have it really affect you.

2. ANYONE can (and generally does have a credit/debit card, how many people do you know that have cash on hand at any time).

3. Cash makes things happen. If you don't believe me, try dropping a small amount of money (but an inordinate amount in tip) to a service person. Bartender, waiter, bouncer, guy washing your car, etc... You will get BETTER, FASTER, AND FRIENDLIER service nearly every single time.

4. People who get paid any significant amount in cash will tell you, if they're getting paid in cash they can IMMEDIATELY make that work for them. It doesn't automatically get a percentage taken out for the government or any other fees, you don't have to wait on it. You're paid NOW and FULLY.

5. There are things you can't easily buy or achieve with credit/debit and even those things that you can get with credit/debit, GOOD LUCK NEGOTIATING the price. Cash gives you flexibility. Nearly everything is negotiable when you have cash. I've purchased cars, food, furniture, electronics, and all manner of things both retail and secondhand for BIG discounts when I negotiate with CASH.

The saying has NEVER been (and likely never will be), "credit is king."

The saying is "CASH IS KING" and it's for good reason. Some of the reasons I didn't even list (like making a speedy exit at a bar/restaurant when you're on a date).

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Credit card vs Cash?

Quote: (08-07-2014 02:09 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

Quote: (08-07-2014 11:29 AM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Anywhere in the US except certain places like New York City, having even three hundred dollar bills in your wallet (and some smaller bills) is enough to make most PEOPLE's eyes widen (or at least notice). Why? Because it's rare.

Cash is powerful. A few examples/theories as to why this is:

1. Carrying cash can be risky, if you always have cash on you people just automatically assume you understand the risk but are confident/strong enough to not have it really affect you.

2. ANYONE can (and generally does have a credit/debit card, how many people do you know that have cash on hand at any time).

3. Cash makes things happen. If you don't believe me, try dropping a small amount of money (but an inordinate amount in tip) to a service person. Bartender, waiter, bouncer, guy washing your car, etc... You will get BETTER, FASTER, AND FRIENDLIER service nearly every single time.

4. People who get paid any significant amount in cash will tell you, if they're getting paid in cash they can IMMEDIATELY make that work for them. It doesn't automatically get a percentage taken out for the government or any other fees, you don't have to wait on it. You're paid NOW and FULLY.

5. There are things you can't easily buy or achieve with credit/debit and even those things that you can get with credit/debit, GOOD LUCK NEGOTIATING the price. Cash gives you flexibility. Nearly everything is negotiable when you have cash. I've purchased cars, food, furniture, electronics, and all manner of things both retail and secondhand for BIG discounts when I negotiate with CASH.

The saying has NEVER been (and likely never will be), "credit is king."

The saying is "CASH IS KING" and it's for good reason. Some of the reasons I didn't even list (like making a speedy exit at a bar/restaurant when you're on a date).

Cash definately has some perks, but not sure where your from that people are going big eyed over $200. Any amount of cash thats not ungodly amounts is not going to impress someone and anyone who flashes a mobster roll looks like they are trying to hard. Alot of the people who I know who carry cash and have a few hundo on them is literally carrying their rent money and every dollar they have to their name so I usually assume the same of others as well not that I really care or am impresses by seeing someone with cash.

Honestly I get more comments about my chase saphire preferred than anything. I really don't think its that heavy, especially compared to the chase slate and some other cards but honestly everytime I had it to someone they give it a second look or comment on it. Chase Saphire isn't even really a elite card, dont' get me wrong it is an awesome card with no conversion fees, great points, good signup bonus, chip, etc but its not a card you have to spend a ton each year, you can get it with probably a 650 credit score, not an elite card.

I laugh at the black visa card. It's a $500 a year fee, persk suck compared to other cards, no spending minimums, dont have to have great credit to get it, basically just have to be willing to pay $500 a year to have a black card. Basically its a marketing gimmick for people want want to fake like they have a black amex.

I like cash and cards. I tend to use cards but like you said leaving tips in cash is preferred by service people. The other day I spent all my cash and got a carwash and had no money to leave as a tip. When checking out asked the guy can I leave atip with my card. He said their machine isn't setup like that. I was feeling bad until I got home and saw what a shitty job they did and almost went back to get my money back lol. Both have their place and its a good idea to carry both

Credit card vs Cash?

Carry both - always close out the bar tab then and there, if there's a minimum on credit then pay cash and bounce

Credit card vs Cash?

I'll take my reward bonuses and points for using my card over the very small chance a girl sees me using cash and decides to fuck me because of it.

I can understand keeping $50 in your wallet to pay for drinks with cash but for larger items I definitely want to use my card.

Credit card vs Cash?

^ Thank you