rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

I just saw the movie. I don't know much about the Marvel Comics mythology, but I really enjoyed it. I'd say overall it was fairly "red-pill" too; there wasn't much falseness added to please a blue-pill audience. And I loved the moment near the beginning when Quill forgot that the girl he banged was still in his ship. Abundance mentality, haha.

Guardians of the Galaxy

The preview did make it look pretty funny. Glad to see some fresh ideas coming out of Hollywood for once instead of just franchise reboots.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Guardians of the Galaxy

What would a Roosh book look like if we had aliens amongst us?

Guardians of the Galaxy

I used to read comics.. I don't know when these characters got so big. I remember when issue 1 came out back in the 1990s.. But it was different characters and they were not charismatic in any way. I don't get it.

Marvel should make a real x men movie where they wear the colorful costumes from the 1980s instead of the dark batman wannabe costumes. It's annoying that all the comic book movies try to make the costumes darker.

Guardians of the Galaxy

They make the costumes that way because the mutant x gene, in reality...in most cases, wouldn't compel you to dress like a faggot in bright colors and patterns that draw attention make you an easy target for bigoted humans and evil mutants.

Guardians of the Galaxy

The whole point is that they aren't afraid because they are so powerful. It just looked cooler. Why wear any costume then?

Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel doesn't have the direct rights to the X-Men movies currently. They are made by Fox. Marvel gets royalties, but not creative control.

Marvel Studios (now under the control of Disney) has done a great job of building a consistent Cinematic Universe and tone for all its movies. They probably would do a better job with X-Men, Spider Man, and Fantastic Four, but the rights to all of those were sold to other studios. Eventually the rights can revert back to Marvel. But for example, Sony maintains the rights to Spider Man as long as they put out a new one every 5 years at the most (might actually be 3 years, gotta double check). That's why they put out the Spider Man reboots so soon after the original trilogy.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Dagonet, this thread needs a [Spoilers] in the headline.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I don't know how to add one. Can the mods do it? I was trying not to give too much away, but yeah there was that one moment near the beginning I mentioned.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Just saw it. The movie was great it and it was packed. For having such a wild colorful cast of aliens, it wasn't overwhelming. Green Lantern should have been more like this and it would have been a hit. I think Starlord becomes some sort of the intergalatic space officer like Green Lantern.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Saw it today. Loved it. As with all Marvel movies, stay after the credits.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I concur Dagonet. I took my 10 yr old nephew to see yesterday and I was shocked at how good it was. All the computer created FX were excellent.

The story line, character arcs, sub plotting, and planting (for those who understand script writing) held up strong for a modern flick, especially a Marvel comic flick.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Nova in Marvel Comics is the Green Lantern equivalent. From reading the comics, Peter Quill/Starlord bangs quite a few chicks (alien chicks too). Going to see this tonight.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote: (08-02-2014 09:45 AM)soup Wrote:  

I used to read comics.. I don't know when these characters got so big. I remember when issue 1 came out back in the 1990s.. But it was different characters and they were not charismatic in any way. I don't get it.

These characters were never that big. Marvel is experimenting with making movie franchises with fairly obscure comic characters (sort of like what happened with Blade). Obscure characters actually have for freedom than established ones.

These guys neatly wrap up the "Cosmic" end of the upcoming war between Thanos and The Avengers.

Guardians of the Galaxy

It wasn't perfect, but goddamn it was a great movie. The humor and the music really made it for me.

Sympathy for the Devil

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote: (08-02-2014 10:58 AM)Dagonet Wrote:  

Marvel doesn't have the direct rights to the X-Men movies currently. They are made by Fox. Marvel gets royalties, but not creative control.

Marvel Studios (now under the control of Disney) has done a great job of building a consistent Cinematic Universe and tone for all its movies. They probably would do a better job with X-Men, Spider Man, and Fantastic Four, but the rights to all of those were sold to other studios. Eventually the rights can revert back to Marvel. But for example, Sony maintains the rights to Spider Man as long as they put out a new one every 5 years at the most (might actually be 3 years, gotta double check). That's why they put out the Spider Man reboots so soon after the original trilogy.

Marvel also can't use the word "mutant" in their movies, because the X-Men studio owns the right. Interested to see how they're gonna get around that in the next Avengers...

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote: (08-03-2014 01:03 PM)spook Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2014 10:58 AM)Dagonet Wrote:  

Marvel also can't use the word "mutant" in their movies, because the X-Men studio owns the right. Interested to see how they're gonna get around that in the next Avengers...

that doesn't make sense? did Fox trademark mutant? you can't trademark an everyday word like that.

Guardians of the Galaxy

I was extremely surprised by how funny this movie was. Had me laughing my ass off the entire time.

Quote: (08-03-2014 01:03 PM)spook Wrote:  

I believe Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are genetically engineered or something like that in the Marvel Comics Universe. They're the same characters but their origins have been changed to fit the licensing.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote: (08-02-2014 08:51 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

What would a Roosh book look like if we had aliens amongst us?

Star Bang

I was there the day feminism fell...

Guardians of the Galaxy

Hey,

I think they will go down the "inhuman" route with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

The inhumans are a race of Kree/Skrull Who were sent to earth as sleeper agents to then take over the world.

The two above will no doubt be half human/half kree hybrids (Ronan from GOTG is kree)

Guardians of the Galaxy

The girl who played the blue hair assassin is the Dr. Who side kick Karen Gillan. She shaved her head for the role which looks pretty bad without the makeup. She doesn't look or act strong in other movies so she is a strange choice for the kickass women that every movie seems to have to have.

With hair. [Image: Karen-Gillan-karen-gillan-35812075-500-673.jpg]

No hair, similar to how I shave it. Lol.

[Image: karen-gillan-bald-guardians-of-the-galax...ers-gi.jpg]

She is more bangable when blue though, not sure why.

[Image: movies-guardians-of-the-galaxy-karen-gillan-nebula.jpg]

Guardians of the Galaxy

Quote: (08-03-2014 05:19 PM)kbell Wrote:  

[Image: movies-guardians-of-the-galaxy-karen-gillan-nebula.jpg]

Oh yeah, she and Zoe Saldana were so sexy in that movie.

I took a date to see it last night and after when I was banging her I kept closing my eyes and imagining I was banging those two alien chicks. So hot!

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fox did not trademark the word "mutant" but as part of their licensing agreement for X-Men, they also protected the word mutant from being used in other studios' movies made from Marvel comics. It would devalue the property in some way, in their opinion.

Guardians of the Galaxy

What did you guys think of the musical choices?

I thought they fit the movie well, but I was also hoping for some Stones, Hendrix or CCR.

Sympathy for the Devil

Guardians of the Galaxy

^ yeah, the music was cool.

I watched the movie yesterday and before I bought a ticket to the cinema I checked on IMDB, the rating is 8,9! Which got me excited because usually top rated movies on IMDB are good.

It was OK. But I wouldn't rate it higher than 6. Sci-fi is not my favourite genre.