rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman falls off a cliff after taking selfie with flip flops

We make fun of women for taking selfies and also for wearing flip flops, but in this sad case, a girl died when these two habits converged on the edge of a mountain.

Quote:Quote:

Authorities say a 23-year-old woman trying to take a picture by the edge of a cliff in the Catskill Mountains died after falling more than 150 feet.

[...]

Bedka was wearing flip flops and lost her footing on loose stones and dirt causing her to fall approximately 180 feet. It happened on an unmarked section of the trail with a male companion. Witnesses told rescuers the woman was not paying attention while attempting to take a photograph.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/26163154/wo...-catskills

Here's the Facebook of the victim:

https://www.facebook.com/ariana.bedka?fref=ts

She apparently wore flip flops to her graduation (4th picture down).

There has been a recent "street harassment" racist crusade which is targeting predominately minority men and their culture of cat calling. But last time I checked, "street harassment" has not resulted in a single loss of female life. But selfie culture has claimed yet another victim.

Russian girl dies after taking selfie on bridge:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...er-3442466

Woman dies after taking selfie in car:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...93694.html

Girl dies after taking selfie on stairs:
https://anc.yahoo.com/news/girl-dies-aft...22096.html

There's also the Iranian girls who nearly killed themselves (and others) while shooting a selfie video:

Will feminists take up the crusade to tell women not to take selfies in potentially dangerous situations? Only time will tell.

Taking a selfie on a high cliff you have climbed is probably one of the most appropriate uses for selfies so I would not detest that. Maybe I would to it too. Taking care of course. People have climbed high places and taken photos of themselves there for ever and I cannot say that such spirit of adventure is bad. No risk no gain. Only I would prefer another person taking my picture if there was another person. And the article says there were other people.

But wearing flip flops when going hiking on cliffs was not smart. This probably is the result of women being over-pampered. They don't imagine that anything even nature should force them to exit their comfort zone.

^ Why not take a picture of the view with a step or two back to ensure safety ? Why is the selfie needed? A selfie is never needed.

Quote: (08-01-2014 05:33 AM)kosko Wrote:  

^ Why not take a picture of the view with a step or two back to ensure safety ? Why is the selfie needed? A selfie is never needed.

A selfie is an option if there is no one else around. This was not such a case however.

Id bet anything the last thought before she fell was not about how dangerous it is to take a picture on the edge of a cliff but how many likes she would get from facebook from this picture.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Last year, a Taiwanese woman on vacation in Australia walked off a pier because she was using her smartphone (dumbphone in her case) to check Facebook and wasn't looking. She couldn't swim (as many Taiwanese can't -- pretty stupid living on an island and not being able to swim), and had to be rescued.

People really don't seem to understand that you don't fuck around with nature. Mountains, the ocean, wild animals, all of this stuff will chew you up, spit you out and not even need to floss its teeth afterwards. If you don't have even a slight sense of fear, then you're in trouble, because it's the fear that keeps you alert, and it's the respect for the bigger things than you that keeps you safe.

Exactly. Go back 10 years and that's what people would do. Fuck it, go back 3 years and that's what people would've done.

Oh, (un)natural selection by smartphone.

Deus vult!

I get having some way to document an accomplishment, especially in this "me" culture that exists. Footing, however, is priority where a sheer drop exists. Very sad but we can kind of do without folk bringing at least their C+ game where basic thinking is concerned.

these smart phone deaths are amazing, I wonder when Mothers against Drunk Driving will turn into Mothers against Smart Phones? It would save lives and dignities

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (08-01-2014 06:46 AM)MattC Wrote:  

Exactly. Go back 10 years and that's what people would do. Fuck it, go back 3 years and that's what people would've done.

Nature owned her. Instead of her taking the picture of the nature vista/scene to show appreciation to it, she disregarded it and nature took her away with no remorse. She chose to appease a unnatural environment in social media versus appeasing the real environment which killed her.

Nature always wins.

If anybody listens to Max Kieser her talks about this all the time how people waste away time and real money to get social "credits" in a virtual setting to increase social media utility that has no real value, aside from the fact that the other side is extracting real capital and value for the person using the game/site/program.

Women for more then men get sucked into this world when attention is on the line. I can't for the life of me think of doing something of this. Most times when men die in instances of this its them taking a risk with no camera around. My buddy lost his friend when they were base jumping off cliffs into a lagoon. His buddy misstep his jump and got smashed up on the edge, no camera was around to document this, he was taking on nature on a one-on-one basis, he lost, but he accepted that fate by taking that risk.

I guess my mom was right..

"these stupid smart phones are nothing but a problem"

She'll probably sue the flip-flop company (Havaianas?) for making a "defective" product that was too "icky" and "slippy".

Quote: (08-01-2014 09:42 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

She'll probably sue the flip-flop company (Havaianas?) for making a "defective" product that was too "icky" and "slippy".

No she won't.

Quote: (08-01-2014 09:48 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2014 09:42 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

No she won't.

Because she's dead [Image: lol.gif].

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

And the Darwin Award goes to...

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I know this sound heartless but it all reminds me of the Dave Chappelle scetch "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong".... instead this one is "When Being A Dumb Bitch Goes Wrong"

Death by selfie, what the fuck man?!!!!

The weird thing about that car accident video, is that it catches them doing something incredibly stupid. Not that there was a doubt of who was at fault but the video closes the deal.

My big issue is the "I did something incredibly stupid let me share it" syndrome. They just have to post it. It is a drug.

Would bang the girl on the right as long as she is not a sif.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Idiots, idiots everywhere.

for a foot lover like me flip flops are what makes summer even hotter.

The Selfielover is often a Texting-While-Driving appreciator too.

Also note that the female driver who caused the accident was mostly called a gender-neutral "driver". They barely mentioned that it was a she. If it were a man, then it would be man all over it.

Here a video on that very media-biased issue:

Now the feminist media-complex says that men get more tickets while texting, while constituting about half the driving force. What the media however fails to mention just as with the "wage gap" is that men surpass the female real-life driving time by far, since they constitute the wide majority of professional drivers. So what if Snowflake or Soccermom has a driver's license, when her boyfriend or husband drives 60+ hours a week in his job and private life?

And of course when women cause an accident while using their stupendous multitasking-texting skills they tend to come off way more easy than men:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/05/eli...ist-1.html

Being fined 500$ for killing a young father sucks. You can bet your ass that things would be different when a man caused the accident and a young woman was in this picture instead of the man then it would be a national tragedy and the guy would be behind bars for sure. But I guess she learned her lesson, if she has to curb her shopping.

[Image: attachment.jpg20463]   

I've been on that hike, it's a nice one.

Good to go on weekdays when there aren't as many tourists.

Why THE FUCK would you have flip-flops on when hiking a waterfall?

Those girls from that video took selfies in the hospital. That's dedication.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/iranian...ng-to.html

Maybe Michael Bloomberg will drop his war on the Second Amendment and instead ban selfies

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

#SelfieShamingWeek?

There needs to be a call-out for rampant narcissism. It's at a point where it is costing people their lives. There are the social darwinists out there who will chalk it up to people offing themselves because they don't have the mental capacity to understand that you need to pay attention while driving and standing on the edge of a cliff. Using this mentality, these people are getting out of the gene pool for good reason, but I'm not so sure that is 100% agreeable. Everything we know in our society is a social construct of the world around us. Humans are, without a doubt, social creatures and learn and grow off of cues from one another. The youth of today are only taking selfies because everyone else is doing it. Pop-culture, the media, and there peers all perpetuate it. It's perfectly natural to go along with social norms - if the norm is detrimental to the well-being of people then that needs to be addressed.