rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What kinds of vehicles are practical yet stylish for around 30 grand?

I need to buy a new vehicle. I truly do think the vehicle industry is a giant scam from top to bottom, but what ya gonna do? I live in North America, well out in the sticks. Something to drive is necessary.

I'm in the army, about 1.5 hours from a large city and next to a local population center of approximately 30-35 thousand people (SMP hell and game pretty much coming down to steroids/large muscles, tats, having status at work, and possibly driving a pick up) and not much else.

Winters are beastly and long, outdoorsy activities are one of the few pleasant pluses to living here, and a lot of the few examples of hot young sluts are "country girls" i.e. they like getting fucked by douchebags who drive expensive trucks and listen to country versus douchebags who drive expensive cars and listen to EDM.

So what to buy? I got a 2007 GMC Envoy with 155 thousand kilometers on it at the moment, but I'm ditching that before winter comes. 4WD is a huge plus in my environment. I'd like a pick up for several reasons but the damn things locally are about 40 grand-- even the used ones from previous years. Trying to avoid debt-slavery as much as possible, you know? 30ish or under is more the pain I'm looking to suffer.

In my situation what do you guys think is a practical vehicle for difficult winters, hauling my work gear, and is capable of driving on a backroad? Also something that is masculine and has some appeal to pussy. Being reliable and fuel efficient is huge too.

Now, I'm not like one of those office cunts that thinks she can have it all, yeah? I'm just thinking options and want opinions in each area so I can weigh them against each other and make a decision. I'm leaning towards some form of SUV, but will consider a car or pick up as well.

Also, I'm well on my way to leaving this accursed area for good. Maybe another 6 months to a year before getting into or close to a bigger city with more poosy.

You pretty much answered your own question, pickup it is, just buy a 2009-2012 or so and you can make it look a little better too. Personally, I'd never buy a brand new vehicle, can't justify taking the depreciation hit as soon as I drive off the lot.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

For pussy, get the Hyundai Veloster, you probably won't spend more than 18k for it.

[Image: 31361290002_original.jpg?v=0]

A stylish 2006/2007 Range Rover Sport

Quote: (07-31-2014 01:06 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

You pretty much answered your own question, pickup it is, just buy a 2009-2012 or so and you can make it look a little better too. Personally, I'd never buy a brand new vehicle, can't justify taking the depreciation hit as soon as I drive off the lot.

Did you miss the part where I said even used pick ups are retarded expensive in my location and in all dealerships for several hours in every direction? Looks like you did. But thanks.

Quote: (07-31-2014 01:33 PM)Germanicus Wrote:  

Did you miss the part where I said even used pick ups are retarded expensive in my location and in all dealerships for several hours in every direction? Looks like you did. But thanks.

Apologies I skimmed it quickly. How the hell can they be 40k even if used for years? But I like Atlantics suggestion, or something in the domestic mid-size SUV range like a Tahoe/jeep grand cherokee/or even an escalade from a few years back.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I've never met a girl worth a shit who really cared what a guy drove. Sure, I know all about the country type chicks who say "I'd never date a guy without a truck" and stupid shit like that, but it's funny how suddenly that no longer applies when they're really digging a guy. Even if a girl does make a snarky comment there are lots of ways to turn that in your favor with humor.

Read this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-38267....decent+car

I bought a new car this year because my old cars went through a break-every-2-months streak and it was getting really old, considering my long commute. I needed 4WD/AWD, decent ground clearance, good fuel economy, moderate storage, and I strongly prefer manual transmissions. So:

[Image: 2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-review.jpg]

Subaru Crosstrek. 9 inches of ground clearance, plenty of power for hills with the 5 speed, full time AWD, pretty decent storage, and I get 28.5 mpg driving moderately aggressively. I'm a big guy but the interior seems the perfect size, just like my Jeep Cherokee. I test drove a Forester or Outback (I can't remember) and I didn't like it nearly as much as the Crosstrek. Big, lumbering, didn't handle nearly as well.

I bought my Crosstrek about 6 months ago and I haven't had any cause to regret it yet. I don't remember how much I spent but it was under $23,000.

There's the same sort of country girl thing that goes on around where I live. A pickup or a Jeep Grand Cherokee is probably your best bet. If your willing to go used you can pick one up in decent condition for way under $30,000.

Growing up on a farm I can vouch for the utility of a pickup. Being able to just throw stuff in the bed really simplifies loading things up, and the older models are easy to work on yourself. I wouldn't go for the newer models though, lots of electronic components and very hard to get your hands down in it to work on the engine. Also, if you plan on doing a lot of off road driving, you can put in a lift relatively easy.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

[Image: jgrImg-19-11-2012-50ab12314aa87.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

[attachment=20390]

Nothing is more Alpha and stylish than the Super Fury

Quote:Quote:

Apologies I skimmed it quickly. How the hell can they be 40k even if used for years? But I like Atlantics suggestion, or something in the domestic mid-size SUV range like a Tahoe/jeep grand cherokee/or even an escalade from a few years back.

No worries, mate. I reread what I wrote and it sounded harsher than I intended. Appolgies if that sounded harsh.

Seriously, around here and for hours away still a used pickup is still top dollar unless you both go high mileage and pack on the years. I saw a 2007 model with over 100k on it and the asking price was 31. Fuck off and die to that. 2013s-2010s are between 35-45. Brand new is 52-55.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm totally looking for something used, gotta be reliable, preferably from the last 4 years or so/under 100k in mileage. I need to haul personal army gear and the odd larger item like a bookshelf/table. My current SUV does well for that, and in the past I had 4 door sedans, that were generic(Honda, Toyota) but did well there too.

I'm leaning SUV, cause I like the 4WD in beastly Canadian winters in backwoods areas. But a stylish car that has a bit of space, or a pick up that I could miraculously get a good deal on is also for consideration.

And does anyone notice that a lot of the cars/SUVs out there are becoming more and more feminized or at least neutered and boring in appearance? Or is that just me?

Can you fly somewhere else to buy a decent truck? Or have someone buy your truck for you and drive it out there?

If you were in Alaska I'd sell you my rust free, no leaks, <140,000 mile, freshly tuned up mid 90s GMC 4x4 half ton for under $3000. Tons of older, but relatively low mile trucks in great shape around here for very cheap.

Iv'e owned a Evo and would highly recommend it.
[Image: faizevox.jpg]
Iv'e owned a WRX before and would also highly recommend it.
[Image: bagged_STI_8.jpg]
Both are AWD and turbo.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The Acura TL also has a AWD version.
[Image: StanceWorks-TL-9.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Nissan Frontier Pro4x 4 door short bed. It's what I got. You could even get a similar used Titan for under 30K. They will last forever, and seem to match your description. Or, apparently all the special forces guys drive Tacoma's on their missions. But the Frontier is a superior vehicle, it's just that Toyota parts are more available in the far reaches of the globe.

In non-western countries, getting an import car, even if it is 4 years old, is good

Quote: (07-31-2014 03:28 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

Can you fly somewhere else to buy a decent truck? Or have someone buy your truck for you and drive it out there?

If you were in Alaska I'd sell you my rust free, no leaks, <140,000 mile, freshly tuned up mid 90s GMC 4x4 half ton for under $3000. Tons of older, but relatively low mile trucks in great shape around here for very cheap.

If I lived in BC I'd accept your offer. The closest state to me is NY. Trying to buy from a dealership in the US means cheaper prices but I've heard that both governments step in to screw a Canadian with export/import taxes as soon as you cross the border with your new purchase.

^If you are Canadian forget it, I bought my car in Texas and imported it into Canada.

Cars not made in America are subjected to 19% tax of the bat.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Range Rover / Land Rover's are shit. friend had his 13 times in for warranty work. And from what I've read that's pretty much standard with them.

In your situation: army, want to carry things, have to compete with rednecks in trucks, bad winters I'd say the choice is pretty easy: go for a SUV of some sort.

Most practical for your purposes.

Don't most SUV's have low clearances? I'm surprised pickups are so expensive around you, I could find one for under $10,000 that runs well in just a day. Your right about the lines of most cars these days, very rounded and feminine. Dodge Challengers are the only cars these days that make me stop and think alpha.

What kind of off road driving will you be doing?

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

You gotta leave your little shire/village/hamlet to buy the truck. Take your budget to 28.5, and get on a plane. Rest of the cash is for the gas to drive it back.

Alternatively you could go to carmax, and they'll find a truck and ship it from dealer to dealer for free, or if you're truly gangster buy it online from a reputable dealer.

If it were me though, I'd work on my game. Some dude in a piece of shit Hyundai is banging an eighteen year old as we speak.

You can get a late model Ram 1500 with that budget in my neck of the woods. But trucks are expensive, most margin on the lot typically.

WIA

Toyota Hilux*...

[Image: 2297875410_fe4cdce9ea.jpg.cf.jpg]

*Not available in the U.S. market.

Actually the Subaru Crosstrek mentioned would be more practical, based on your description, if it is big enough for your gear. I believe they make a diesel version, too, but not for the US market. Pickups/trucks get lousy gas mileage.

You'll have to decide whether space or gas efficiency is more important.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (07-31-2014 01:02 PM)Germanicus Wrote:  

"country girls" i.e. they like getting fucked by douchebags who drive expensive trucks and listen to country versus douchebags who drive expensive cars and listen to EDM.

hahaha this got me. I'm actually in the same position, but different circumstances. I'm looking for an SUV as well. I, on other hand, have a toyota camry that has maybe 6 grand trade-in value, and figure out whether to keep it or trade as I'm going for around 30k range too.

Either way, this is the bitch I'm looking to get

BMW X5
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=460040&stc=1&d=1290758462]

Reputation, style, utility, and practical. It has a small v6 engine and plenty of room.

A used F150 would be my choice, fully loaded they are nice inside and ride pretty good.