rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sister Problems

Sister Problems

So lets say, hypothetically of course, that your sister is 11 and she's already getting fat. She's got very little sense of hygiene and only takes a shower when your parents yell at her for half an hour. She's eating all the time and is basically becoming a pig. She has an attitude of complete irreverence for everything and everyone, steals and lies all the time and no one can really change her. You have no idea how this has happened. Granted, you've been less than the greatest of brothers not abusive, but hardly anything you'd see in a classic family movie. Already you can see her in for a world of pain when she wants to grow up and you want to help her before its too damn late. How would you guys handle this situation? Is there any "Game" that could keep her from becoming too far gone? You want psychological leverage to keep her on a healthy track. Keep in mind that no one in your family is obese and all of you eat pretty healthy (skinny asian family). Thanks in advance.

Sister Problems

This sounds like your parent's problem to fix, not yours. My 2 cents is get them to enforce boundaries by appealing to their logic ("she's going to be a fat smelly cow, forever single, if you let this continue"), and you be the sympathetic brother ("Yes, they are so mean. Now let's go take the dog for a walk around the block while you tell me all your problems") If your parents aren't up to the job themselves, I don't really see how you can turn this around on your own. Maybe fat shaming peer pressure will eventually do it, but not a nagging older brother. Sounds like you have genetics on your side, so that's a plus.

How about the "that's not vey feminine" line posted on returnofkings a short time ago? That seemed pretty good to me for most situations, but maybe your sister wouldn't care until she's at the age when she wants a boyfriend.

Sister Problems

If that Asian family hasn't completely westernized their diets(think xenoestrogens), she may not yet be going through the initial stages of puberty even at 11. Once those hormones kick in there should be noticeable changes in self-perception and things may start changing for the better.

Show genuine interest in her well-being. Start mentioning how boys like girls to be more petite and feminine. Get her interested in health and explain the negative effects of eating like a Jezebel contributor. I've found that even stubborn adults are malleable if information is conveyed in a proper manner.

Sister Problems

You may just need to shock her. Like they do with kids by taking them to jail and having prisoners scare them. Lot easier to lose those pounds now than in her 20s and 30s.

So you just need to find a bunch of fat hideous lesbians with health problems and no social life and say, "you will be this some day enjoy it."

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Sister Problems

Quote: (07-30-2014 07:31 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

You may just need to shock her. Like they do with kids by taking them to jail and having prisoners scare them. Lot easier to lose those pounds now than in her 20s and 30s.

So you just need to find a bunch of fat hideous lesbians with health problems and no social life and say, "you will be this some day enjoy it."

Agree,also fat girls pictures on the fridge door

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Sister Problems

If you're living in the same house still the best thing to do would probably be a combination of leading by example and some forms of reverse-psychology.

Start out by making it a point, when you can, to involve her in some physical activity whether that be a walk or just doing chores around the house. She is also still likely to be in her tomboy stage at this point in her life. 11 is right on the precipice of puberty, which comes with resulting hormonal changes that may help her for the better.

I wouldn't do anything like the guys say above vis a vis making her feel bad about being fat, that's tantamount to psychological abuse, which will have lasting effects. She is after all your sister, not some random girl. The best thing to do is wait it out while encouraging her to lead an active and healthy lifestyle without putting pressure on her too much. She is still just a kid at this point.

Hygiene will definitely become more important to her as she ages. I don't know too many girls/women who don't take pride in that.

Sister Problems

Sounds like your parents are not doing what they should be doing with her.

I worked as a server at a restaurant in university and I'd see it all the time. Parents come in looking miserable, their children would be fat, rude, run around unchecked, and just act like little brats. Parents would sit there like brain dead zombies staring at their food, not saying anything, letting the kid be a complete pain in the ass little bastard.

Blows my mind. My mom would never have let me get away with that. I knew from as young as I can remember that you never lie or steal. It was beaten into my brain that liars, cheaters (con men), and thieves are the lowest of the low.

If your parents are not doing what they should be, then either you need to have a serious talk with them, or take on the parental role for your sister.

Sister Problems

Quote: (07-30-2014 07:31 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Dude that's it.

Scared Skinny: The Program

You take prepubescent girls trending towards obesity do "solitary" with chunky feminist spinster cat ladies for six months to let them see where they are currently headed. (Stick part of the program)

You then "decompress" them by letting them spend 2 weeks with a family where the the mom is attractive, slim and happy. (Carrot phase of program)

The reason why the 2nd stage of the program is only two weeks is because there's going to be a long waiting list because of the scarcity of availabilty for those "facilities"

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Sister Problems

Quote: (07-30-2014 04:54 PM)Beowulf Wrote:  

So lets say, hypothetically of course, that your sister is 11 and she's already getting fat. She's got very little sense of hygiene and only takes a shower when your parents yell at her for half an hour. She's eating all the time and is basically becoming a pig. She has an attitude of complete irreverence for everything and everyone, steals and lies all the time and no one can really change her. You have no idea how this has happened. Granted, you've been less than the greatest of brothers not abusive, but hardly anything you'd see in a classic family movie. Already you can see her in for a world of pain when she wants to grow up and you want to help her before its too damn late. How would you guys handle this situation? Is there any "Game" that could keep her from becoming too far gone? You want psychological leverage to keep her on a healthy track. Keep in mind that no one in your family is obese and all of you eat pretty healthy (skinny asian family). Thanks in advance.

Beowulf

All jokes aside and speaking hypothetically of course: A girl like that is already WAY WAY ahead of the game because she has a brother that is aware enough to be asking AND gives a shit. She may not know it yet but one day she she will. She's lucky as shit to have a brother like that. And by the way, kudos to her brother.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Sister Problems

Just mock every fat woman you see on TV, etc.
She may not care about her health, but no child want to be mocked.

Sister Problems

This reminds me of my grandma. She made a comment about my cousin (I think she was 13 at the time) being fat and needing to lose weight.

Of course, her mom and my beta uncle got really pissed at my grandma for merely making the observation. I in my pre-manosphere days sorta thought the same thing, but sorta also thought my grandma was just telling the truth. I think my dad thought it was spot on haha.

Actually I think it had a positive effect, it sure as hell didn't have a negative effect. I don't believe she's been that big since.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Sister Problems

What are her friends and social group like?

Sister Problems

Just tell her to stop being a fat fuck and that she needs to have a shower everyday.