rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

7 Facts That'll Make You Delete Your Facebook
Facts That'll Make You Delete Your Facebook
They definitely get you thinking, I know I've done a couple of the things they talk about. Not sure how much of it I believe though. The fact that people cite Facebook as contributing to their divorce seems pathetic.

Instead of putting a banana in her hand, she should've put her hands on my balls. Would bang.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
I joined FB in 2009. Added some co-workers and friends. No school friends as I didnt keep in touch I didnt really care about such things.

Fast forward to university years. Its practical uses were; for socials and team meet ups. Information. Said information was hard to come by via text if asked for it. Facebook makes people lazy by default.

Other lessons from uni life: Attention whoring. "banter lads! Pulled some trollop who then proceeded to be sick on me floor. propah gutted". Proceed to 'Tag' said girl and voila, un-neccesary fallout because the guy is an attention whore.

Dont even get me started on what the girls were doing. I wanted to bleach my eyes.

I hardly use it these days and instead look at it once a week for some meme's.
Ive never had a FB account. Never want to, never will.

I do have friends that have them and every time we're out and they post a pic of me with the latest chick Im banging I hear about it...mostly from exes...hehe. Hilarious nonsense is all FB amounts to for me[Image: tard.gif]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
I've had a Facebook account since 2005 (top that mother******s!!!). I don't use mine very often, especially since accessing it in China is a pain in the neck. However, I hang onto my account, because with people changing email addresses on a regular basis, it's my lifeline to track down certain friends. The chat feature is also handy, for people that aren't close friends. If I know them better, I'll add them to Skype.

I'm the King of Beijing!
Quote: (07-27-2014 11:17 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I hang onto my account, because with people changing email addresses on a regular basis, it's my lifeline to track down certain friends. The chat feature is also handy, for people that aren't close friends.

Same here. This is the only reason I still have my Facebook account. Nobody does email anymore. I just use the "Messenger" app and rarely login to Facebook proper.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.
Quote: (07-27-2014 11:17 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I've had a Facebook account since 2005 (top that mother******s!!!). I don't use mine very often, especially since accessing it in China is a pain in the neck. However, I hang onto my account, because with people changing email addresses on a regular basis, it's my lifeline to track down certain friends. The chat feature is also handy, for people that aren't close friends. If I know them better, I'll add them to Skype.

Like Suits, living in Asia and being away from friends does change up the situation a little bit in favor of maintaining an account, at least for the sake of keeping in touch with them.

btw, do u guys not use FB messaging to holla at cute friends or friends of friends you've just met? could be something as simple as, "hey i was browsing thru my friend Samantha's vacation pics and thought u were cute [Image: wink.gif] how do u guys know eachother?" works great with hooking up with friends of friends or girls you've just met when u go out.

and Suits, i'll see ur 2005, and raise you a 2004 [Image: wink.gif]

no lie, man. after harvard/stanford/columbia, my school was among the next to be expanded to. i remember by 2005, they were letting in high schoolers on a "limited friendship" option and that made it great to game high school senior girls who wanted a taste of that college life u were living [Image: wink.gif]
I deleted my facebook about a month ago.
All of the people I wanted to keep in touch with (of whom there were about half a dozen) I took their phone numbers and then left it at that.
It frustrated me to no end about how people would always promise to meet and then flake harder than the Cadbury's chocolate bar.
I can't say I miss it because I know nothing ever changes. The emotionally crippled are still emotionally crippled, the attention whores are still attention whoring and the social crusaders are still crusading.
I have uses for Facebook, (uni information, events in the city, and easy place to share internet links with close friends), but I've deleted 90% of my posts, all private information except my name, all of the photos (left some photos where I'm tagged), deleted loads of "friends". Keeping it minimal.
I use it for long gaming and to keep in touch with the many friends I've made living in different places. The only negative side to is it the attention that girls get from betas but that's true outside of the online world too so I don't find it an issue. Facebook for me is a great tool.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos
Quote: (07-27-2014 11:49 PM)GyopoPlayboy Wrote:  

Like Suits, living in Asia and being away from friends does change up the situation a little bit in favor of maintaining an account, at least for the sake of keeping in touch with them.

btw, do u guys not use FB messaging to holla at cute friends or friends of friends you've just met? could be something as simple as, "hey i was browsing thru my friend Samantha's vacation pics and thought u were cute [Image: wink.gif] how do u guys know eachother?" works great with hooking up with friends of friends or girls you've just met when u go out.

and Suits, i'll see ur 2005, and raise you a 2004 [Image: wink.gif]

no lie, man. after harvard/stanford/columbia, my school was among the next to be expanded to. i remember by 2005, they were letting in high schoolers on a "limited friendship" option and that made it great to game high school senior girls who wanted a taste of that college life u were living [Image: wink.gif]

We don't use textspeak on this forum.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-38465.html

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter
FB since 2005 Suits...and my roomy had it when it first came out, I just held out a while. I don't post much, if I do it's a picture with friends. Probably 1 post a month or so. I figure that's what it should be used for, just occasional updates to peoples' lives I've known (which of course isn't how ppl use it).

I still open up the app but as soon as I pull it up I close it Reasons I don't check much? The practical reasons I can't stand it are (1) people update way too much and (2) all the liked and linked articles and videos I don't care about...or simply, too much information noise to weed through.

Explanation: Attention whoring. News flash, people don't care that much about your life. Give an occasional picture giving a glimpse of your life, an event or something fun. That's it. Alas, that won't happen.

Edit: After watching the video, those are serious fucking issues. If any RVF members have any of those issues, do something about it. Any one of those things will negatively affect your life and game. "Thinking about facebook"...seriously? I spent all weekend in Chicago after losing my phone Friday night (yep, pretty typical for me)...hardly even missed it.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
I've had mine since 2006 I think. At the time, you still needed a university email address to make an account and you were limited to content within your networks. Back then, I really liked it. It was great for finding out about events and parties on campus.

Now, I absolutely hate Facebook. The only thing I use it for is the messenger (which sucks) but some of my friends refuse to text message or use WhatsApp.
Haven't had Facebook for 3 years ( top that motherfuckers!) only use it for business and random events like pool parties.

Life is good
I have a Facebook account but I use it sparingly. I only login to check for school events and to message friends who, for some reason, don't have a phone.
[Image: lol.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg20290]   

“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”

- George Carlin
I've used it since 2008. I have maybe 1,000 "friends", (top that motherfuckers!).

It's invaluable for messaging people, party/event invites and getting pics of girls you banged for the homies. Not having Facebook would seriously impede my social life and cost me bangs. Attention whoring's never a problem, because I don't use the newsfeed much. You get out of Facebook what you put in.

P.S: Facebook is very lucky they acquired and integrated Instagram. They will only survive long-term if they keep doing similar into the future
that video Was retarded. I don't understand all These people who think they Are super cool, antiestalishmentarians just because they don't use facebook.

it is one of the most useful things in my life. with That said, it has also gotten me in trouble.

just because someone uses a facebook account doesnt mean they are posting half nude selfies everyday.

my main complaint is their use and sale of our Information, but at least i know that someone knows that i am searching for ruthless asian deepthroats on youjizz.com
Quote: (07-28-2014 10:25 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

We don't use textspeak on this forum.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-38465.html

acknowledged.
One of my early LTR filters these days is to ask the girl if she uses Facebook or Twitter. I get the information out of them in a subtle way, but they are being silently judged.

You can really understand a lot about a girl from her answers:

"Yeah all the time. I'm totally addicted to Facebook and Twitter." - Relegate to sex-only prospect.

"I have an account but barely use it." - Neutral. Most girls have an account so she gets a pass, but verification is important. Covertly check out her account for attention whoring and orbiters.

"I don't have an account. Meeting friends in real life is enough for me." - Future wife.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.
Just don't put anything personal up on Face. I don't even have my real name or birth date. No pictures of family, nothing!

I use it either for business related stuff (people actually contact me to hire me off of it), or to bang!
Quote: (07-28-2014 08:31 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

I've used it since 2008. I have maybe 1,000 "friends", (top that motherfuckers!).

It's invaluable for messaging people, party/event invites and getting pics of girls you banged for the homies. Not having Facebook would seriously impede my social life and cost me bangs. Attention whoring's never a problem, because I don't use the newsfeed much. You get out of Facebook what you put in.

P.S: Facebook is very lucky they acquired and integrated Instagram. They will only survive long-term if they keep doing similar into the future

Ah yes, the bangs, banged a serbian/italian model a month or two back who messaged me on facebook intrigued about how I knew a certain guy,

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos
I hate my need for facebitch. I wish there was a way for me to delete the account, but keep the chat thing so that I could keep in contact with people. I don't like text messaging so fb chat is always the best way to keep in touch with so many friends.
I've been on since 2004 when it first started. Now I barely use it anymore. Occasionally I use the FB messenger feature to msg a link or something to a friend but I havent posted anything on it in months.

My feed is full of all the gay shit my friends do (which is usually nothing of significance), wedding/baby pics, clickbait, Buzzfeed/Gawker, selfies, pretty much anything blue pill.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest
Quote: (07-29-2014 04:39 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2014 08:31 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

Ah yes, the bangs, banged a serbian/italian model a month or two back who messaged me on facebook intrigued about how I knew a certain guy,

I'm kinda confused by this reply. It seems like you accidentally hit post mid sentence before you got to the meat of your reply.