rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What the hell happened while Badwolf was gone???

3[Image: huh.gif]

I was told home was different but man what a difference..

EVERY single guy I have seen, even the muscular black and white guys with tattoos... I mean really handsome *alpha* types are with not FAT but OBESE women..> when did this happen??? The other day I am in a donut shop and I overhear two guys talking and I could have sworn they were gay dudes, when I look over, its two normal looking guys. I noticed everyone now speaks with some sort of stupid inflection like they are from California.

The women, my god they are fat or trashy or SUPER short haired... I am in the library, minding my own business and I walk over to look at the books behind the desk this short haired woman is sitting at.

I said "Excuse can you tell me where the DVD sect..."

She cut me off mid sentence and replied: "Oh MY GOD... COME AROUND THE DESK TO SPEAK WITH ME!!! THAT is incredibly CREEPY to do, don't do that!!! I'd have to turn my neck to speak to you and its very weird to speak to someone who isn't directly in-front of you!!!!!"

I walked around the desk and then just looked at her at left.

Her: "What? COME HERE? WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WHAT? WHAT WERE YOU LOOKING FOR!?!?!". She starts rattling off about the DVD section as I walk away.

I was so disgusted... I've never been spoken to in that way by any woman from China or Mexico.

I can't believe that women treat men here like this and they expect them to respond. I can't believe the men would accept that treatment. I simply can't believe what I am seeing when I walk around outside? I just cannot stop staring at the couples, did standards just drop off while I was away?!?! I blast my friend (who has two missing teeth and is overweight) about the quality of wife he picked in China, she is a 3 or 4 at most in China... here in my hometown she's a high 9.

In my Chinese world, my friends and I go out with women who are so-so at best, low maintenance, they are nice and cook and clean but looks wise they are just average. I come home and I would rate my wife a 20 compared to the women I've seen on the street who maybe hit a 2, she is easily a solid 10 and she outclasses them in every way. The other thing I noticed is there are no women in dresses, no high heels, no long hair and nothing even remotely feminine. My wife only wears traditional dresses and cosplay gear, high heels and sort of cheap jewelery but she looks great in it... the women here at home aren't even trying to look like women, what gives?

I was showing a buddy my pictures of China, the wife and I.. my friend says "Holy sh1t buddy, your wife is HOT!".. I looked at the pictures, I don't see it.. I say "No she's just average dude". He says "No she's fuckin hot, look at my girlfriend". He shows me a picture of a 'woman' that is at best a 1.5 if only because she is skinny. He's 33 and she's 30, they haven't fvked and he's on the 12th month of 'dating' found locally on POF. I told him in China, 10 years difference is the norm... 30 is much too old for him. I spoke to another friend I haven't seen in years, the guy is 35 and hasn't EVER had sex, a girlfriend or even a date. He's got money, he's from a well to do family, he has a masters... he is too reluctant to travel and says he only wants a western woman. OMGWTFWHY?

----------------------------------

You guys have read my posts on China, I am dead serious when I say this: I would consider moving back to China if I thought this was to be the rest of my life.

IF these women knew the kind of competition waiting for them abroad, they would sh1t a brick. I swear to god, guys get out and go into the 3rd world, there is absolutely nothing worth anything here in the 1st world.

[Image: blush.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: banana.gif]I have never been happier to be married to my wife than I am right now! [Image: banana.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: blush.gif]

Badwolf does not want to be part of this horrible reality alone, time to organize a Red Pill meetup in Toronto, Rooshers, PUAs and DJ's plz respond. It's time to change things here, I have links to China and if it will help, I'm happy to share them.

Quote: (07-25-2014 02:37 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

3[Image: huh.gif]

I was told home was different but man what a difference..

EVERY single guy I have seen, even the muscular black and white guys with tattoos... I mean really handsome *alpha* types are with not FAT but OBESE women..> when did this happen??? The other day I am in a donut shop and I overhear two guys talking and I could have sworn they were gay dudes, when I look over, its two normal looking guys. I noticed everyone now speaks with some sort of stupid inflection like they are from California.

The women, my god they are fat or trashy or SUPER short haired... I am in the library, minding my own business and I walk over to look at the books behind the desk this short haired woman is sitting at.

I said "Excuse can you tell me where the DVD sect..."

She cut me off mid sentence and replied: "Oh MY GOD... COME AROUND THE DESK TO SPEAK WITH ME!!! THAT is incredibly CREEPY to do, don't do that!!! I'd have to turn my neck to speak to you and its very weird to speak to someone who isn't directly in-front of you!!!!!"

I walked around the desk and then just looked at her at left.

Her: "What? COME HERE? WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WHAT? WHAT WERE YOU LOOKING FOR!?!?!". She starts rattling off about the DVD section as I walk away.

I was so disgusted... I've never been spoken to in that way by any woman from China or Mexico.

I can't believe that women treat men here like this and they expect them to respond. I can't believe the men would accept that treatment. I simply can't believe what I am seeing when I walk around outside? I just cannot stop staring at the couples, did standards just drop off while I was away?!?! I blast my friend (who has two missing teeth and is overweight) about the quality of wife he picked in China, she is a 3 or 4 at most in China... here in my hometown she's a high 9.

In my Chinese world, my friends and I go out with women who are so-so at best, low maintenance, they are nice and cook and clean but looks wise they are just average. I come home and I would rate my wife a 20 compared to the women I've seen on the street who maybe hit a 2, she is easily a solid 10 and she outclasses them in every way. The other thing I noticed is there are no women in dresses, no high heels, no long hair and nothing even remotely feminine. My wife only wears traditional dresses and cosplay gear, high heels and sort of cheap jewelery but she looks great in it... the women here at home aren't even trying to look like women, what gives?

I was showing a buddy my pictures of China, the wife and I.. my friend says "Holy sh1t buddy, your wife is HOT!".. I looked at the pictures, I don't see it.. I say "No she's just average dude". He says "No she's fuckin hot, look at my girlfriend". He shows me a picture of a 'woman' that is at best a 1.5 if only because she is skinny. He's 33 and she's 30, they haven't fvked and he's on the 12th month of 'dating' found locally on POF. I told him in China, 10 years difference is the norm... 30 is much too old for him. I spoke to another friend I haven't seen in years, the guy is 35 and hasn't EVER had sex, a girlfriend or even a date. He's got money, he's from a well to do family, he has a masters... he is too reluctant to travel and says he only wants a western woman. OMGWTFWHY?

----------------------------------

You guys have read my posts on China, I am dead serious when I say this: I would consider moving back to China if I thought this was to be the rest of my life.

IF these women knew the kind of competition waiting for them abroad, they would sh1t a brick. I swear to god, guys get out and go into the 3rd world, there is absolutely nothing worth anything here in the 1st world.

[Image: blush.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: banana.gif]I have never been happier to be married to my wife than I am right now! [Image: banana.gif][Image: heart.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: blush.gif]

Badwolf does not want to be part of this horrible reality alone, time to organize a Red Pill meetup in Toronto, Rooshers, PUAs and DJ's plz respond.

This is great. So (sur)real! Either move to a city or control your own reality in a small town. Similar things happened to me. Maybe you can expect a hatemail five years later from the forty year-old virgin. I got one.

'baller

Too much drama for a hit it and quit it brutha such as myself
Gotts Money - Law & Order SVU: Wildlife

While your comparisons are funny, I cannot imagine it is that bad - at least looks-wise. The attitudes - yes, but all women being fat and 3s in China being 10s in the US?

Are you staying right next to a Walmart in the Midwest and has Badwolf refused to leave the vicinity of said Walmart? Take a ride - there are still some pretty girls left, but it was to be expected that it is deteriorating fast.

welcome home! [Image: smile.gif]

I feel kinda like that when I go back but not quite as bad...where the hell are you anyway?

The fatties are off the charts though I hear you on that. Land whale central. Just awful. And many people have no manners nor know how to properly communicate just like that chick you were dealing with.

The US is clearly not the 'land of excellence' it once was, that's for sure.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

What is your home town? Is it some small rural city in Canada? It just stretches the imagination that everyone is a complete beast if you are in a big city. Also, maybe the problem is also your friends...they don't sound like winners to me. 12 months no bang? Come on. Also, this should be in Travel or EE section.

At least the technological advancement is top-notch, eh?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

You think this is US only? Im in France and I still see shit like this happen on a daily basis

Yesterday I went out with my slender korean gf and next to us there s this couple. The guy might not be Ryan Gosling but he s decent looking, in shape and dress well. That thing opposite him, is that a walking meatloaf or a fattened pig in oversized trash bag? My gf was like "Jesus, what is he doing with her" I thought to myself "must be cousins or something, but still"

Then, in my utter horror, she lifted her arm drifting with fat slices and spoon feed him her milkshake. The guy hesistated, but that thing has a look on her face like "eat this or Im gonna eat you"

I almost scream. Seriously, Im a very blunt guy. My gf laughs and put her hand over my mouth. 3 min later I asked to change our table.

So much for the fucking fashion capitol.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

I worked with this girl who's pretty big, and we are actually friends because she's pretty cool. Obviously WNB, ever, unless she loses like 100 pounds. Still, I never hang out with her one on one, because it makes me physically ill imagining other people thinking she's my girlfriend. [Image: sick.gif] I don't know how those guys do it.

I also rarely see chicks I consider attractive, and most guys here are also with whales or at least 50lb overweight fatties. The vast majority of good looking chicks I see are just young women that haven't blown up yet.

I worked at a local retail place here in the US that dealt with a lot of mainland chinese on vacation and whatnot. I saw every type.

I can't help but think that you're at least slightly exaggerating their hotness. Even the "attractive" ones were no better than a 5-6. Especially when you factored in their flat butts, vacant facial expressions and odd smell. And these were the richest/most privileged/pedestalised girls from there.

But I haven't actually been to China so I can only assume they are similar, if not worse there.

Quote: (07-25-2014 05:26 PM)AfgScarface Wrote:  

I worked at a local retail place here in the US that dealt with a lot of mainland chinese on vacation and whatnot. I saw every type.

I can't help but think that you're at least slightly exaggerating their hotness. Even the "attractive" ones were no better than a 5-6. Especially when you factored in their flat butts, vacant facial expressions and odd smell. And these were the richest/most privileged/pedestalised girls from there.

But I haven't actually been to China so I can only assume they are similar, if not worse there.

Badwolf is correct actually. Im Vietnamese, and the vietnamese girls that go abroad or go expat are the high achieving ones, which are the equivalent of US female feminist lawyers. Ugly, nerdy and with attitude problems, but they do well in the academic and corporate world. Which is why they are abroad.

The girls at home are hot, but most are dumb ones....

Though I disagree that Asian girls have better attitude. Lots of them are gold digger. Most are materialistic. Which is fine if you gents like the old ways "I pay for shit, you take care of the house and look pretty"

Is it that bad in Canada ?

If you don't mind me asking, which province are you in ?

I have only been to British Colombia and the girls were cute or at least bangable and very nice to me.

Quote: (07-25-2014 05:57 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Badwolf is correct actually. Im Vietnamese, and the vietnamese girls that go abroad or go expat are the high achieving ones, which are the equivalent of US female feminist lawyers. Ugly, nerdy and with attitude problems, but they do well in the academic and corporate world. Which is why they are abroad.

Though I disagree that Asian girls have better attitude. Lots of them are gold digger. Most are materialistic. Which is fine if you gents like the old ways "I pay for shit, you take care of the house and look pretty"

The asian population in Toronto (I venture that's where Badwolf is from??) is pretty good. Shit, the viet population in Toronto is very, very good. Better than the China avg i would say.

Quote: (07-25-2014 06:09 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  

The asian population in Toronto (I venture that's where Badwolf is from??) is pretty good. Shit, the viet population in Toronto is very, very good. Better than the China avg i would say.

Im talking about FOB Asian. The Asian American/French/Canadian have it pretty good thanks to the more temperate climate and better nutrition.

Well, that thread title might cost you a warning, for being too ambiguous.

Anyway, welcome back.

Quote: (07-25-2014 06:19 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2014 06:09 PM)SHANbangs Wrote:  

Im talking about FOB Asian. The Asian American/French/Canadian have it pretty good thanks to the more temperate climate and better nutrition.

Yeah, my bad. I completely overlooked the previous post you were referring to. Indeed, I would affirm this:

FOB Chinese women in America are just as bad. Imagine the nerdiest, least attractive, most high achieving girls coming over here to study and take white collar jobs. They are significantly worse than both their native counterparts and their chinese-american counterparts. Granted, they are easier lays relative to chinese americans [Image: banana.gif]

It's interesting to note that FOB chinese women in america significantly overinflate their egos once they land here. Their SMV is incredibly inflated by 1) yellow fever and 2) the sheer desperation of their FOB male counterparts who are also here. SMV arbitrage - it's great for us men, but the women are working it too!

So to the previous-previous point: no, domestic chinese women are significantly better than their overseas, non-assimilated American/canadian counterparts.

Allow me to go an a pseudointellectual tangent here:
I would say the maxim exists that if you are a beautiful woman within your home population, you have very little incentive to leave your domestic market. If you are barely making it domestically, you have much higher incentive to emigrate. This explains the FOB viet and FOB chinese phenom in North America. Of course for the chinese, this phenomenon gets diluted as more and more of the Chinese super rich emigrate out of sheer fear of domestic corruption. But that's another story. Another example of this would be the noted disparity in looks between the filipino domestic helpers in Hong Kong I observed and their home country counterparts in the Pines. The latter are orders of magnitude better.

The second maxim is that once an emigrant population assimilates, successive generations become better looking through better nutrition, psychological health, and a better culture of exercise during youth. Living in Cali and being happy all the time doesn't hurt.

So it almost becomes a valley phenomenon:

Domestic 7's squeeze out domestic 4's;
Domestic 4's emigrate to America;
Domestic 4's children eventually become Asian American 6's and 7's.

It's ridiculous here. Absolutely depressing.

I tried to ask a girl in the gym who was there with her boyfriend, who was using a machine, "Are you two on this much longer?" She looks and me in the eyes and doesn't respond.

I ask again. She literally turns her head 180 degrees from me and says some shit I cannot hear because she is completely faced away from me.

"What?" I say. Finally she turns her head only 90 degrees from me, says "I'm done" shrugs and walks away.

Finally her boyfriend tells me "2 more sets" after he's finished the set he was doing. Incredible...

Quote:Quote:

Ontario, in a university city... obviously trolls and problematic women read this forum so I'm not going to list the particular one but holy crap, this place is a fat zone. The only women I have seen so far are fat, obese or skinny short hair or trashy and 'eclectic' meaning short hair or shoulder length hair with that vacant 'gender studies' stare, oh yes also toothless lazy drunks. All the chicks are tattooed up, absolutely disgusting. I would wager that Ontario is on its way down the ladder really quick, people seem to be more preoccupied here with whether they are gay or if something they said is going to offend someone.

Every girl is wearing ugly khaki capris or shorts to cover their fat asses. I went to chapters and there is this woman sitting ON THE FLOOR right beside the bench where a guy was sitting and she's squatting infront of all the gamer mags. I go to get the magazine and have to put my arm across her hammy ass backside which is bulging out of her shorts and she doesn't move an inch... ugh. I live in a nice end of town too..

I don't know why any guy would choose a local entitled princess over a nice foreign girl. Most of these people look like they met on Lowered Expectations.

lol this is my wife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEq-EEHYkQ

Anytime I am feeling down, I just pinch myself on how lucky I am to not live in the USA nor deal with the women. I do keep a few girls who hit the wall hard as a facebook friends. Just to laugh when they post their stupid feminist articles, while refusing to admit they've lost their looks.

Quote: (07-25-2014 08:31 PM)BadWolf Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Ontario, in a university city... obviously trolls and problematic women read this forum so I'm not going to list the particular one but holy crap, this place is a fat zone. The only women I have seen so far are fat, obese or skinny short hair or trashy and 'eclectic' meaning short hair or shoulder length hair with that vacant 'gender studies' stare, oh yes also toothless lazy drunks. All the chicks are tattooed up, absolutely disgusting. I would wager that Ontario is on its way down the ladder really quick, people seem to be more preoccupied here with whether they are gay or if something they said is going to offend someone.

Every girl is wearing ugly khaki capris or shorts to cover their fat asses. I went to chapters and there is this woman sitting ON THE FLOOR right beside the bench where a guy was sitting and she's squatting infront of all the gamer mags. I go to get the magazine and have to put my arm across her hammy ass backside which is bulging out of her shorts and she doesn't move an inch... ugh. I live in a nice end of town too..

I don't know why any guy would choose a local entitled princess over a nice foreign girl. Most of these people look like they met on Lowered Expectations.

lol this is my wife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEq-EEHYkQ

Yeah - some places in Canada are tough. I have 3 female cousins in Canada and they all turned into land-whales there incl. their mother.

Only my male cousin keeps his family slim and well-behaved - also his daughters. Without his strong masculine discipline they would likely have grown into over-sized cupcakes like so many others.

Quote: (07-25-2014 05:14 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

The vast majority of good looking chicks I see are just young women that haven't blown up yet.

That's so true where I am right now, too. If my eye is diverted by a slim form I can be pretty sure she's in high school.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

So I meet up with an old friend and he asks me "So what's changed?"

I tell him "Goddamn there are so many obese women, then I start pointing them out to him while we are sitting there".

He looks at me in disgust and says "You've become really shallow man, how do you know they aren't good people on the inside? You've really changed, I don't even know you, you don't have any sympathy for people anymore!".

I'm like "yeah of course, I mean I've been living in a place where people need to bust their asses daily to stay alive and yet the women are still feminine, pretty and you'd be hard pressed to find a young fatty among a crowd of THOUSANDS"

Him: "Why are you so concerned with people's looks?"

Me: "Well I like my women thin and submissive and nice, it seems either women here have either really let themselves go or men have turned into chubby chasers", then I said "Hey man if you like fat girls, props to you, this must be paradise for you".

Then he changes the subject and tells me how hard his life is here (in Canada we have free medical care/welfare/benefits). Am I unsympathetic? Your damn right I am, people in China haul garbage across a city the size of a province, wade through bags of stinking shit and tampons to find stuff they can clean and sell and this guy is complaining cause he doesn't feel he should have to work too hard to earn 30 times the wage of the average Chinese.. Surprise Surpise he has no girlfriend and hasn't been with a woman in nearly 10 years but swears he could never date anything but a Western woman and the 'time just hasn't been right'. Some people bring this on themselves, I have no remorse for people who have stopped trying.

I've said this before, I'll say it again, my wife came from NOTHING and she is very pleasant to be around, speaks a second language and is always bubbly and happy. She is thin, doesn't work out and rarely complains about her job.

I hate to say this but when China comes a knockin, I just might let them in. Canada needs a good hard dose of reality, the West is really in trouble if this is the attitude of the average western male. Christ, people killing each other in Mexico and guy is pissed cause he has to work weekends to pay off his student loans. When did people become so entitled?

P.S.: When did ZZTop beards come back into fashion?

Quote: (07-25-2014 03:28 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

You think this is US only? Im in France and I still see shit like this happen on a daily basis

Yesterday I went out with my slender korean gf and next to us there s this couple. The guy might not be Ryan Gosling but he s decent looking, in shape and dress well. That thing opposite him, is that a walking meatloaf or a fattened pig in oversized trash bag? My gf was like "Jesus, what is he doing with her" I thought to myself "must be cousins or something, but still"

Then, in my utter horror, she lifted her arm drifting with fat slices and spoon feed him her milkshake. The guy hesistated, but that thing has a look on her face like "eat this or Im gonna eat you"

I almost scream. Seriously, Im a very blunt guy. My gf laughs and put her hand over my mouth. 3 min later I asked to change our table.

So much for the fucking fashion capitol.

America's gift to the world. It's not enough for us to fuck ourselves over completely we want to make sure the rest of the world joins us.

Out of curiosity BadWolf, how long were you out of Canada before returning?

In regards to good-looking, high quality men being with obese/unattractive women - this is happening throughout most of the developed Western world (not just in North America).

In the developed Western world, women hold the power (as you can see a lot of men in these countries dating down), however, in developing/3rd world countries, men generally hold power (as you'll see a lot of busted dudes with hot women, men with mistresses etc).

Quote: (07-26-2014 08:50 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

America's gift to the world. It's not enough for us to fuck ourselves over completely we want to make sure the rest of the world joins us.

Quote: (07-27-2014 06:31 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

In regards to good-looking, high quality men being with obese/unattractive women - this is happening throughout most of the developed Western world (not just in North America).

When I was fresh out of uni in the mid 2000s, I had a short-termed housemate from America: an obese chick, around 5'3" 200lb butterball. While watching TV at dinner, from time to time she'd point at some random attractive famous local Aussie guy on TV and claim she had a boyfriend looking just like that back home. I let the first few times slide, then one time I jokingly called her out on being full of shit. Without missing a beat, she pulled her iPod Photos out and showed me her BFs posing in professional photos with her, and they were as good looking & in shape as she said. I remember thinking "Only in America...." as we Aussies are wont to say.

Now I see the same kind of couple everywhere in this country.

[Image: american.gif]

This may come across a bit preachy, but...

While I appreciate a lot of your frustrations, I'd be careful about butting heads with your friends too much on these issues. Just enjoy your time together and head back to your dream life on a good note. When you see people all the time, it's cool to put them on the spot and call that shit out, but is it really worth it on a reunion after years apart?

When he acted offended about your remark about obese women, for instance, I'd probably have just laughed it off. Instead you sound bitter and combative and not too much fun to be around. You were obviously stewing on these issues, experiencing a bit of culture shock, and you completely unloaded that on your friend.

I don't like that people feel a need to defend fat people, as if they don't choose their own course in life, but I don't have the breath to make a big deal about it either.

A lot of my friends back home are married to or dating fat women. It's shitty and sad and frustrating. But I shake their girl's hand and show her some respect, and even pay a compliment if I can do it with a straight face. And if a friend is always checking out fat bitches, I might have a conversation about how different our standards are, and even how my experiences have changed my perspective in that regard, but I'm not going to tear down his taste in women and try to make him see the light.

You've checked out of your culture, and that's great, but don't shit on the people who still live in it. You wouldn't do it to people when you were abroad, so why do it to locals back home? Being a respectful global citizen is just as important when you show back up in your old stomping grounds.

The same with your repeated observations about how hard people have it abroad. Pain and stress are relative. Humans adapt to the life they are given, but that doesn't make their stress any less real for them.

Before we became travelers, we all experienced that guy or girl who never stops talking about extended time overseas and basing their every story, observation, or interaction on those experiences. That type of person can't be more annoying to people just living their lives. Especially when all that person does is complain and compare.

In fact, I meet old guys in Southeast Asia who start conversations with me by complaining about whichever country we're in, and it's kind of the same thing - sure, some of what they say has truth in it, but the last thing I want to do is spend considerable time conversating with someone who is so negative. Fuck that. I'd rather kick back and have a beer and a laugh about something trivial and enjoy myself no matter where I'm at.

Coming in after your jaunt abroad and shoving the new realities you've witnessed down old friends' throats surely comes across as pretentious - as if you feel your experience of life and perspective is somehow more valuable than theirs. Hell, maybe it even is, but you're not going to open anyone's eyes by rubbing that in and acting as if you're looking down on them and their lowly, average life.

Don't come home and rag on your friends. Be positive. Be their inspiration. Tell them about the amazing possibilities out there without making them feel like you think you're better than them. At the very least, make them glad to see you and hopeful that you'll visit again.

If the guy's that much of a loser, though, maybe it's just that you don't care enough about preserving the friendship to keep the peace. I can understand that sentiment as well.

But everyone has something valuable to teach you, even if you can't instantly see it. Try slowing your roll a little bit and looking a little deeper and you might figure out what it is. We've all still got much to learn in our time on this planet.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling