rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Auckland, New Zealand Datasheet

I felt like this forum has helped me so much with my travels and country knowledge, so I decided I would do a bit of writing about my home-city. Often on my overseas trips I would run into Americans who know very little about our country. Some think we live in mud-huts and go hunting with spears.
Please feel free to ask any questions and I may make edits as I go.

Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is the biggest city in New Zealand (but not the capital). Located in the upper North Island. With a population of about 1.4 million people. (It was ranked 4th in a quality of living survey, and 10th in a most livable cities survey)

It is a very spread-out city with an metro density of about 670 people per square mile (apparently similar to LA, it takes a while to get around). It has a central city district surrounded by a lot of urban suburbs.

Economy
The currency is the New Zealand Dollar ($1USD = $1.35NZD). Auckland is a very expensive city. Apparently income in relation to living costs is worse than New York. Tourists mainly come to New Zealand for sight-seeing and adventure tourism. Some of the exports are wine, dairy products, honey and wool.

The Locals
Aucklanders are generally very friendly people, especially towards visitors who need advice. Everyone speaks English (although there is slang). They are moderately well educated about the rest of the world. Auckland is a bit of a mixed-race city with lots of Chinese and Islander (Fijiian, Tongan, Samoan) imports. Auckland is also moving up on the obesity index due to the proliferation of the fast-food culture and lack of gym-culture.

Women
The women in Auckland are below average looks-wise. Genetically, they have roots from British and Irish immigrants. They typically don't know how to dress and most lack a strong femininity. That is not to say there aren't good looking girls, but they are rare. A study shows that in New Zealand on average, 1 in 3 men are good looking compared to 1 in 9 for women. Physically, on average they are short and are medium build.

[Image: cc049ad7ae3a42e7b6578ad0a8e6d32d.jpg]

Nightlife
Aucklanders enjoy getting drunk. They have some binge-drinking issues as part of their culture. There are a lot of clubs in Auckland, and a few bars, most are difficult for spoken game because of loud music. Girls in the city are usually between 18-24 years old. View http://www.snapstar.co.nz for pictures of nightlife.
Dancefloor game, being well dressed and dominant can often have an advantage. Nights to go out are Wednesdays (student nights), Fridays and Saturdays. Better looking girls will come out early from 8-9pm and leave before 12 and then the ratios start to turn bad and into sausage-fests. Drinks in town are expensive ranging (for beers $5NZ when cheap, $8-9NZ when expensive). In the supermarket (Corona is 12 for $22NZ, local beers are 12 for $15NZ, 1L Smirnoff is $30NZ)

Venues
City - Met&Code, along the waterfront, Globe and Margaritas (good for imported girls ie. Koreans, Islanders), Flight Lounge.
Ponsonby - Longroom, Sponge, Whiskey Bar, Grand Central
North Shore - Backyard, Macs Brew Bar, Copper Room

Gaming
Tourists do well in Auckland because the girls like guys with accents, and are the girls considered easy by some travelers. (I honestly like the girls overseas more, but in Auckland I can bang girls by getting numbers and following up for a Day2). Quality is difficult to find and you may find imported girls better looking. Most local guys in Auckland are good looking but have little game, and dress in jeans and button down shirts (some even in t-shirts). Logistics can be difficult because Auckland is such a spread out city but I know guys who can pull it off. Daygame is virtually untouched and girls will usually respond warmly to compliments.

Cell Phone Service
The most common provider in Auckland is Vodafone (021 numbers). Due to the lack of numbers to support it, texting and calling is expensive (20cents per text and $1.50per minute calling). Most people text.

Transport
Most people in Auckland own and drive their own cars. Buses are expensive and about $1.80 per stage and come to a stop every half-hour or hour. Taxis are even more expensive, you usually have to call them and cost around $5NZ per kilometre. It would cost me $50-60NZ to get home from town, $6.50 on a bus.

Thankyou.

Solid report, good link for photos to. I'd hear NZ was a solid destination for black american guys(as was Australia), so I'd put it on my list. Knew the girls were kind of meh, but I'm sure there is still some quality to be had. They're probably a little thinner than Americans on average at least.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

You missed one thing, women in NZ are the most open minded in the world and the most easy to bed according to several surveys done by Durex (they have the highest number of sexual partners in the world). Game does not equal going out to a bar/pub 5 nights a week and trying to pull. Game = Charisma.

New Zealand has the size and population of Colorado. Guess your ethnic classification:

Pakeha
Maori
African Commonwealth
African Other
Indian
Samoan
Fijian
Tongan
Wallisian
Pacific Islander Other
Hobbit.

I added Hobbit, but the others are real. There are no Hispanics or Native Americans. Good luck finding a Mexican restaurant or taco stand. European white is Pakeha. The rare black is from someplace like Zimbabwe or South Africa. There are around 10% Maori, descendants of Pacific Islanders who arrived a few hundred years before Captain Cook. They are some big guys, so the dumbells in New Zealand gyms are much bigger than in U.S. gyms.

There are a lot of Asian immigrants, and they all move to Auckland. Be grateful if you want to eat something besides fish and chips. A Jafa is "just another fucking Aucklander". They drive on the wrong side of the road, so avoid a stick shift on your rental car. Their only T.V. channels are cricket, rugby, and BBC.

In contrast to Aussies, Kiwis are quiet and reserved. They usually end their declarations with questions, don't they?

- I've never met a Wallisian. The population of their island is 10,000 people.
- I'm sure that Kiwi girls are a bit thinner then some American girls, but we both have our share of fatties.
- The closest you can get to Mexican is the Mexican Cafe or Mexicali Fresh.
- There are a lot of Asian immigrants, up to 30% (Chinese and Korean mostly)
- Kiwis are usually a bit less aggressive than Australians.
- Hiring a car is probably the best option. But it would be at least $40NZ a day. And the current price of gas is $2.07NZD for 91Octane
- New Zealand was originally part of the British monarch. So that's why we drive on the left side of the road.
- Despite New Zealand women apparently being the easiest in the world, chances are you will still have to put in a bit of work, they will not throw themselves at you and do everything for you, her friends can still cock-block you.
- I'm sure Kiwi girls like African-American guys, they don't really see a lot of them.
- And apparently the Chinese found New Zealand centuries before anyone else.

Quote: (03-05-2011 04:28 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

- we both have our share of fatties.
- There are a lot of Asian immigrants, up to 30%
- Chinese found New Zealand centuries before anyone else.

I'm not sure whether non-Americans truly appreciate U.S. obesity.

Asians leave their crowded cities and then all move to Auckland.

From Wikipedia: In the community of professional historians these theories are dismissed as fictitious and ... Menzies has no command of the Chinese language

I can't believe hungry Chinese would leave an island full of Moa, flightless twelve-foot chickens (now extinct).

I wouldn't go to New Zealand or Auzzie land for the women. Not being wrong but anything spawned from British is ennhhh for women.
You lot probably have great landscape though (although I heard the weather is very overcast in NZ - just like England).

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I totally bummed out in NZ mainly because being demotivated not being to afford anything but i just want to add that there are quite a lot of Argentinian and Chilean girls in the hostels.

maoiri and island girls were 98 % of the time, obest monsters who look like men.

Sorry if i insult someone with this.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (08-03-2011 09:23 AM)Moma Wrote:  

I wouldn't go to New Zealand or Auzzie land for the women. Not being wrong but anything spawned from British is ennhhh for women.
You lot probably have great landscape though (although I heard the weather is very overcast in NZ - just like England).

They are both very multicultural places these days though. SO while former British colonies, places like Melbourne for example have the second largest Greek community in the world outside Athens!

The great thing about Australia is that so many people are only 1st or 2nd generation Australians, so you are are often banging some hot Serbian who just so happens to speak with an Australian accent [Image: smile.gif] So there are people from all over Europe, South America, Africa and Asia in Australia and to a lesser extent New Zealand. Many are regarded as Australian, but thats because they were born here.

New Zealand had far less mainland European immigration, but a lot more immigration from Asia as a percentage of population.

Look both are great places to live, albeit a bit expensive. What needs to be understood though is that the wages are higher than the US, so its pretty much relative. An average wage in Australia is $60 000 and minimum wage is between $17-$22 an hour. The AUD is stronger than the USD at the moment.

So while in dollar terms its more expensive than NYC, the actual cost of living for locals is not that high. That however does not help the tourists much and its why a strong dollar does not suit either Aus or NZ.

Great places to holiday and the women are very liberal. Its no different to any other feminist, western coven though. So the same attitude problems and issues you guys face in the USA are the same problems and attitudes we deal with in Aus and NZ. Or the UK. But ONS's and SNL's are pretty common out here. Aussie and Kiwi women love the dick!

Went to NZ years ago. Not the best destination for women, but a very, very fun and beautiful country with lots to do. Queenstown on the south island is one of my favor places in the world. The people are extremely friendly as well. The whole country has a little bit of a small town feel to it.

Quote: (03-05-2011 04:28 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

- Kiwis are usually a bit less aggressive than Australians.

Kiwis are by far less stuck up. There's something very 'empty' about Australia and definitely not so about NZ.

Fuel 2 nzd per liter [Image: sad.gif]( was almost half that when i was there, plus the currency was half. i.e. 4 times higher. just beautiful. i'm going to cry, seeya.

Quote: (08-04-2011 09:08 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Went to NZ years ago. Not the best destination for women, but a very, very fun and beautiful country with lots to do. Queenstown on the south island is one of my favor places in the world. The people are extremely friendly as well. The whole country has a little bit of a small town feel to it.

Agreed. Visit NZ for the beautiful scenery and outdoor activities NOT for the women. I've lived in Auckland for 20+ years and travel abroad frequently. Best to visit from January to April otherwise too much rain and fickle weather, unless you come here to ski.

Kiwi women (generally 70+%) quite masculine in looks & behavior, their lack of fashion sense does them no favors either. Dairy product based & junk food diet, binge drinking culture and lack of exercise continue to have adverse effects. I would think twice about flying 12+ hours here solely for that reason...

As with many other countries but more recently in NZ, immigration has improved the pool of women available, from Russia, China, India and the Middle East. Many have yet to integrate with their Kiwi counterparts so mainly stick to their own social / cultural circles. It is a patchy marketplace at best

Male to Female ratios in Auckland bars similar to those on the west coast of USA. 4 men to 1 woman is commonplace, this can rise to 6+ to 1 sausagefest the later the night goes on. During the months of March to November, Rugby (football) is the main driver of the social scene in NZ bars. If the All Blacks win - its busy (usually with more dudes), if they lose - patronage can drop by 50+%.

Also Auckland has a population of around 1.5m and density of about 1200 persons per square km, add to that a very limited public transport system. Basically everyone drives (car culture) akin to a small version of the bay area in SF, California. For daygame you will be restricted to 2 main streets in the CBD, suburban malls or anywhere you can find some flow. Nightgame still dominant ranging from the sports bars to so called more exclusive (clique) venues filled with reject Jersey Shore douche types and that ratio.

ive lived here my whole life and i beg to differ on almost everything on this page....tonyalmeida's post was spot on though....

For guys that live or have lived in New Zealand, how true is this article?

The Kiwi Dating Scene: http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/cul...ting-scene

Hello.

Wow with cellphone costs like that I would not use my phone at all

double post

Quote: (03-04-2011 11:33 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

Women
The women in Auckland are below average looks-wise. Genetically, they have roots from British and Irish immigrants. They typically don't know how to dress and most lack a strong femininity. That is not to say there aren't good looking girls, but they are rare. A study shows that in New Zealand on average, 1 in 3 men are good looking compared to 1 in 9 for women. Physically, on average they are short and are medium build.

How short are they? I already expected it, considering the typical anglo country usually has a very low average level of women.

Kiwis are fun people. I'd definitely like to check out NZ, my mom spent a month there and said it's awesome. I hear you guys have some decent snowboarding and the best parks in the world after the US and Canada (May even have Canada beat after Whistler). SPT was origionated in NZ. Only thing about NZ like you said, I would be visiting more for the riding and nature than the women. I'll probably save it for after I explore the rest of South America and Europe. Thanks for the info dude!

I hope to hit Melbourne, AUS at some point, because I'm a tennis fanatic and my dream is to see all of the Grand Slams in person. I also have a long-time friend there. She's actually Italian (her parents settled there, and she and her two brothers were born there. AUS has lots of immigrants, particularly from Asia. I communicate regularly with a couple of women in NZ, one in Auckland (she looks like a Pacific Islander, but not manly...HA HA!), and the other in Napier (she's Chinese/White). Whenever I make it down to AUS, I'll do a side trip to NZ.

Years ago when I as working as a paralegal, we had a trial and some expert witnesses were from NZ. They were straight up outdoorsmen and adventure junkies. They raced cars, were into all kinds of water sports. They showed me pictures from one of their hunting trips. The cabin was so remote, they could only reach it by a little plane. They took pictures with the severed head of whatever it was they shot. That's how they lived every day.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

This is all very accurate wld not recommend this place for swooping... However if you really want to go for broke and have some cash just go get some "shore girls"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ore%20girl

This play is more of a looks game though. I know this gets "knocked" a lot on the forum but they move fast 16-17 y/o girls who are pretty much down for a ONS if you pass their looks test and have minimal game.

The country is incredibly pretty though, I distinctly recall a large lake out there that was only 3 feet deep so everyone could walk around and go from small island to small island. Also the Maori over there have this cool way of cooking where they basically dig a hole in the sand and cook all the food in the ground (hard to explain). Oh the seafood there is awesome, if anyone is into that as well feel free to ping me and I can recommend some places.

Guess one last + is I think the accents are hotter than Australian ones!

Quote: (04-16-2012 12:48 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

This is all very accurate wld not recommend this place for swooping... However if you really want to go for broke and have some cash just go get some "shore girls"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ore%20girl

This play is more of a looks game though. I know this gets "knocked" a lot on the forum but they move fast 16-17 y/o girls who are pretty much down for a ONS if you pass their looks test and have minimal game.

The country is incredibly pretty though, I distinctly recall a large lake out there that was only 3 feet deep so everyone could walk around and go from small island to small island. Also the Maori over there have this cool way of cooking where they basically dig a hole in the sand and cook all the food in the ground (hard to explain). Oh the seafood there is awesome, if anyone is into that as well feel free to ping me and I can recommend some places.

Guess one last + is I think the accents are hotter than Australian ones!

Lords of the Rings was filmed in New Zealand. I just want to go there for the nature.

Well I grew up in Auckland. Lived there from 3 years old till 25 years old when I crossed the ditch in search of a better life. Most things are pretty accurate in this sheet. Cost of living is terrible over there. Nothing is cheap in Auckland. Unless you have a car you are pretty much screwed. Of all the cities in the world with a population of 1 million or more, the public transport infrastructure would be the worst and possibly the most expensive. Buses are pretty much the only means of transport outside ridiculously high priced taxis and the buses run very few and far between. Personally I wouldn't recommend Auckland for anything. Women are plain at best, getting from a to b is terrible and everything is overpriced. Pretty much everyone with an education leaves New Zealand. Most of them end up in Aussie which probably has more kiwis than New Zealand due to the fact income is almost double in Aussie and cost of living is cheaper. New Zealand has a very large binge drinking culture. However its not like the British one. Kiwis get pissed and enjoy themselves. They don't get pissed and start punching on with each other like some of the brit's do.

If you are set on going to New Zealand use Auckland as a place to fly into and nothing more. Get out, see the countryside and meet the locals there. People in Auckland are a lot different from the rest of New Zealand. You get a much friendlier reception out of Auckland. Novelty factor for being a foreigner will be a lot better too. Best places to stay are country pubs. You can usually get a room with a decent breakfast thrown in for around $50. North Island is the place to go if you want to see things like geysers, do some trout fishing or nature walks. Best beaches are on the North Island too. South Island is the go if you want to do some skiing and you enjoy mountains and the likes.

Very good report sums it up perfectly
Austrailia would be a much better country to go to because the quality of women is a lot better

As an Aussie whos spent a few years in Auckland, here's what Ill say:

Girls are hotter in Australia. I guess a lot of this could be to do with the beach culture and warmer weather, girls are more tanned, dressed better etc etc. Head to Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast for the hottest, sun tanned, big titty bikini clad girls in this timezone. However, Australians are also more stuck up than New Zealanders. In New Zealand, Aussies have a reputation for being stuck up/arrogant. In Australia, New Zealanders have a reputation for being boring. It's a friendly rivalry that some would consider similar to the relationship between USA and Canada.

Nz girls are some of the most fun, chatty, laid back women you will ever meet (the guys too). I believe this is part of the reason so many foreigners love NZ. However, the girls are nothing to brag about (I personally don't think they are ugly either). If you have been to England then the girls are somewhat similar quality to that. So your dilemma becomes hotter in Australia, but friendlier in NZ. I would suggest visiting both if you venture down this way, Sydney to Auckland is a 4 hour flight.

Also, NZ women pretty much invented feminism. Our Prime Minister was a woman for 9 years (2000 to 2008). She also looked like a man. Helen Clark if you're interested in Googling her. She was also preceded by a woman. So our country was recently run by a woman for more than a decade. NZ was also the first country to give woman the vote. So remember this in your game.

One last point, NZ is actually not a bad place to flag. Many Asian and Latin immigrants come here to learn English, and many Pacific Islanders come here for the better quality of life. A couple of weeks in Auckland and you will very likely meet Samoans, Tongans, Fijians, Indians, Sri Lankans, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Vietnamese. Better yet, they will all speak some English, have their own apartments (the Asians definitely) and inherited some of the local NZ girl promiscuity. Recently also many Chilean and Argentinians, due to the availability of direct flights from both Santiago and BA to Auckland.

Tip: My guess is Black Americans with a bit of swag would smash it there. I cannot recall a single time I've ever seen a Black American guy there. On top of that, all the clubs are blasting Neyo, Usher, Chris Brown etc etc and American stuff is cool in NZ. Lots of guys wearing NY caps, NBA singlets, lots of girls obsessed with American drama TV shows, hip hop music.

Top tip: There's samoans everywhere in Auckland, and a good chance you'll run into a faaafafine, which is a weird sort of "gender" where they raise a dude as a woman. I don't really get how it works, but wiki says:

Quote:Quote:

Fa'afafine may be viewed as a third gender specific to Samoan culture.

Fa'afafine are the gender liminal, or third-gendered people of Samoa. A recognized and integral part of traditional Samoan culture, fa'afafine, born biologically male, embody both male and female gender traits. Their gendered behavior typically ranges from extravagantly feminine to mundanely masculine.[1]

Do NOT mock and laugh at them, because they are still biologically men. BIG men, and they WILL bash you, as I found out.