rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

waiting to text back vs. striking when the iron is hot

So I got this lizards digits and we agreed to hang out one night. I hit her up that afternoon, and no response until around 8 that night when she says "ok im free". I see it right away but dont text back for half an hour. No response, we dont end up chilling. Then the next morning I wake up, she had texted me at 2:30am saying "come fuck me"...

Besides the possibility that this bitch is just crazy, it seems like by waiting I may have blew it. When setting up logistics, maybe its best to text back promptly to avoid distractions or whatever getting in her way...

Quote: (07-24-2014 01:05 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

So I got this lizards digits and we agreed to hang out one night. I hit her up that afternoon, and no response until around 8 that night when she says "ok im free". I see it right away but dont text back for half an hour. No response, we dont end up chilling. Then the next morning I wake up, she had texted me at 2:30am saying "come fuck me"...

Besides the possibility that this bitch is just crazy, it seems like by waiting I may have blew it. When setting up logistics, maybe its best to text back promptly to avoid distractions or whatever getting in her way...

i dont think theres a rhyme or reason. a million things could have happened. In the half hour that you waited she might have had a phone call from her parents or her friends invited her out. who knows, dont let it bother you.

I do hate when they text you when you're asleep for a booty call. It's a tough call to set your phone to loud and potentially sacrifice a good sleep, or to just say "fuck it, im getting a good sleep so i'll be on top of my game tomorrow!"

she would have to be really hot to get me out of bed at that time.

In my experience..

"Striking while the iron is hot" has led to better results than "waiting to text back".

"Waiting" is highly overrated in my opinion.

Most guys don't know how and when to properly wait. It's generally not a technique for newbies, it's an advanced tactic.

If a girl wants to communicate with you and make plans to see you, I don't see much point in an extended "waiting" period.

There is an Emotional Window of Opportunity that girls give us. This is a period where they think they like us, they are turned on by us, and they want to hang out with us. If we don't take action during this "window", her feelings could change. Her hormones can change, her friends might be influencing her, other guys might be influencing her. The "window" can close.

I mean, maybe you don't text her back IMMEDIATELY, but, 15-30 minutes is usually enough.

When a girl is eager to communicate with us, I don't see much point in NOT communicating back.

"Waiting" is for advanced level guys and game veterans.

Newbies should error on the side of timely communication.

Game, is about winning the War, not every single little battle.

Sometimes, it's okay to let them have their way a little, it gives them as sense of comfort, as long as she ends up on your couch at the end of the night. That's all that matters.

Who waited longer to text back is irrelevant at that point.

I never take longer than 10 minutes to respond, unless I'm in class or asleep. But everyone knows I do that with everyone else, regardless of if the subject is studying together or meeting up, so they don't really have reason to think I'm overeager or something.

I agree with Gio for the most part. Get at them while they're hot. Bitches are so fickle.

I just had this happen on Saturday and Monday.

Saturday I probably could have fucked this chick that works in my building. We started talking/texting the day before. She basically told me in so many words that she'd been waiting for me to give her a shout... any I told her Saturday that we should go have a drink sometime (I think she was game for that actual night). I told her "sometime" because I had plans with one of my regulars that night. I should have just flaked on her..... anyway, now the broad from my building is on that bullshit. She barely returns my txt now.... I erased that bitches number today...hahahaha

Monday I did the total opposite. flaked on a regular I haven't seen in 2 weeks for a new broad that was "hot".... Got the bang. If I would have made plans for another day. She probably would have been in some other stupid mental state. or like Gio said "talked to her friends blah blah blah"

Quote: (07-24-2014 02:22 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

In my experience..

"Striking while the iron is hot" has led to better results than "waiting to text back".

"Waiting" is highly overrated in my opinion.

Most guys don't know how and when to properly wait. It's generally not a technique for newbies, it's an advanced tactic.

If a girl wants to communicate with you and make plans to see you, I don't see much point in an extended "waiting" period.

There is an Emotional Window of Opportunity that girls give us. This is a period where they think they like us, they are turned on by us, and they want to hang out with us. If we don't take action during this "window", her feelings could change. Her hormones can change, her friends might be influencing her, other guys might be influencing her. The "window" can close.

I mean, maybe you don't text her back IMMEDIATELY, but, 15-30 minutes is usually enough.

When a girl is eager to communicate with us, I don't see much point in NOT communicating back.

"Waiting" is for advanced level guys and game veterans.

Newbies should error on the side of timely communication.

Game, is about winning the War, not every single little battle.

Sometimes, it's okay to let them have their way a little, it gives them as sense of comfort, as long as she ends up on your couch at the end of the night. That's all that matters.

Who waited longer to text back is irrelevant at that point.

Excellent point. You put into words what I've been getting a feel for recently: when's OK to wait & when's not.

If you're just doing some playful banter back and forth throughout the day/evening then by all means I've been waiting but I'm usually doing other things so I get to it when I get to it.

If it's in the early evening or another time when she's bored & making plans, definitely strike when the iron's hot.

You have to kind of feel it out by when the time of day is, the tone of the text and her past history [Image: smile.gif]

But I don't ever really think to myself anymore like I used to, "I'm going to wait exactly 30 min to text her back" If I do wait, I usually see her text when she sends it but its just not an immediate priority to text her back.

Gio good advice.

Yup huge pro tip for tinder users as well, get that number and get that date setup asap ! I've got a few matches but I'll be out of town. I never hit up matches till I have the next 2 days free.