rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any of You Wax Your Nose Hair?

I haven't seen this mentioned on here, but the AlphaM guy recommended it once. Any of you do it?

Continually trimming seems a little counterproductive and hard to do, plucking is tedious. I know you need some nose hair because it helps filter the air you breath, but waxing won't make it disappear completely. It'll just grow back more fine, like it used to be when you were younger.

I imagine if you just did a few waxings and stopped before you overdid it, you'd be good to go.

Anyone done it yet? I'm getting to the age where my nose hair is definitely more noticeable. The THai barbers were a lot better about swooping those fuckers up when I went in for my haircut.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

One of my old roommates would just put a bic single blade shave razor up the nostril (turn it sideways, put it in about 1/2 inch) and go around 2x clockwise then 2x counter clockwise. I've done the same since he showed me...believe it or not the skin right inside your nose won't cut from the process as long as it's slightly wet/has just a smidge of shaving cream on it. Sounds ridiculous, looks ridiculous, works amazingly well.

i had a small scissors, would stick it up the nostril and chopchop those mofos. It worked fine.
i recently bought an electric razor, and it has a replaceable head. one of the heads is nose hair trimmer. also works well, but if i trim it too much, i will feel the hairs in the nose like small annoying thorns.

Easiest way to control nose hairs is with a foil electric razor like this

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/ES-LT33-S

It's pretty easy, just push the foil "razors" against your nostrils (especially around the tip area) and it will remove any hair that is coming out. It takes about 10 seconds and it's impossible to cut yourself. I do it about once a week.

Just buy this, it's cheap, works well, and will last you a (to a safe degree) nosehair-free existence:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EBFJXS...ll&pi=SL75

I pluck those little suckers out.

Makes my eyes water and hurts like a mother.

I'm open to alternatives.

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

i use an electric shaver with nose trim head

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (07-25-2014 03:05 AM)Yeti Wrote:  

Just buy this, it's cheap, works well, and will last you a (to a safe degree) nosehair-free existence:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EBFJXS...ll&pi=SL75

The problem with that is that it seems to remove all your nosehairs. This is not ideal. We actually want the protective benefits of nosehair to filter out allergens and shit. We just don't want it visibly coming out of our nostrils. That's why using a foil razor to trim the overflow is your best bet.

I use this:

[Image: 31dRwVulEOL._SY450_.jpg]

Very quick and effective.

Barber just threaded my ear hairs yesterday, it was painful.

But I kept the stone face on for reputation.

veet

I had a roommate on the west coast who plucked his nose hairs and collected them in a glass jar.

He also would collect the whiskers from a cat we had living in the house. He would give a dollar for every found whisker.

He claimed it was for a future art project, but i dunno, and don't want to know what he ended up doing with them.

Anyway...I like grabbing onto them with my fingers and ripping them out in bunches. Or my electric trimmer has a detailing blade that gets up there.

I use tweezers on those rogue hairs that peak out of my nostrils.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

No I cut my nose hairs with nail scissors, I like having nose hairs as it helps filter out some of the crap I breathe in.

I used to have a beard trimmer with that attachement Roosh posted but it's long gone. I keep looking for one of those out there but can never find it.

Asians are a bit proud when they have excess hair.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I see it's been a few years now, but nobody has actually answered the OPs question as to nostril waxing, so I will:

Yes.

I use this product:

https://nads.com/hair-removal-products/n...-men-women

My genetics, clearly on my Dad's side, make excessive nose- and ear-hair a problem for me as I enter middle age. I've tried everything, including the highest-quality trimmers as touted in this thread. Trimming works, but it is a temporary solution. This waxing product is better if you want a more permanent solution.

It doesn't hurt. Counter-intuitively, yanking out a single nose hair is much more painful (to me, at least) than yanking them all out at the same time.

After using the product a few times, my nose hairs attempted to grow back, but with each use, they were fewer and finer.

Supposedly you can use this in your ears, too, but I've just gotten into the habit of tweezing each tragus every Monday morning. The hairs there have given up too, for the most part, no waxing necessary.

I've recommended this product to several guys, including my hairy-nostriled father, and they all think I'm crazy for not just accepting that orifice hair is a fact of life for some men.

I really don't get it -- this product takes care of the problem quickly, easily, and over a few uses, permanently (eventually the follicles making the yanked hairs just give up). Why have hair in disgusting places when it's so easy to permanently eliminate it?

Quote: (07-26-2014 02:29 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I used to have a beard trimmer with that attachement Roosh posted but it's long gone. I keep looking for one of those out there but can never find it.

Asians are a bit proud when they have excess hair.

Saw an Asian with almost an inch (maybe 3/4 inch?) of nose hair hanging out, had a few hairs that long.

Very interesting. It never occurred to me it might be a cultural thing. All I know is, I feel better -- and feel like I look better -- with hairless nostrils and ear holes.

More importantly, I've never heard of a woman who said more orifice hair is better than less.

I guess I like to groom for the ladies.

My experience with nose hair trimmers is that they cut the hairs at an angle that leaves a really sharp point. Days later, that sharp point starts jabbing the tender mucous membranes inside my nose which is really annoying. Now I just pluck the hairs that get to the edge of my nostrils.

I used to use this one

[Image: philips-nose-and-ear-trimmer-nt3160-10-0.jpg]

But it got broken about month ago. I wouldn't say it's been hell since but I notice that I often wake up with more stuff in my nose nose. Waiting for a new one for Christmas or I'll have to buy it. It's something I need and I can really recommend this one from Philips, best one I've ever had.
I think it gets the job done better, and especially "the walls" of the nose a lot better than those types that Roosh posted earlier.

Since starting to trim my nose I've also started to notice that a lot of girls I've been on dates with actually don't do this and will have jungle there. Nasty.

When you get lasered (back and chest) they can do two shots up each nostril for you.

You think it would hurt like a mofo, but it doesn't.

Permanent reduction in hair? not really, but it don't grow back for a few months anyway.

Quote: (12-22-2018 02:15 PM)No More Mr. Soy Boy Wrote:  

Since starting to trim my nose I've also started to notice that a lot of girls I've been on dates with actually don't do this and will have jungle there.

True! And you know what? Women don't care if you trim yours or not.

I'll trim mine with little scissors occasionally if I notice them. If I don't notice them then chances are nobody else will because they'll be too busy sucking my dick or worrying about their own looks.

Priorities.

I don't have a nose hair problem but I just pluck any that stick out by hand (obviously washing my hands after.)

The search function is your friend.

Until a few days ago, I didn’t even know nostril hair waxing was a thing. I just had my first experience with it. I went to a new barber and he threw a nostril waxing in for free. I didn’t want to appear a pussy so I did it. I must say, it was not as painful as I thought - much less so than tweezing individual hairs.

With that said, I always thought nostril hair served an important function and that it was not good to pull all of them out. Therefore, despite being relatively painless, I don’t think I will regularly repeat the waxing process. One thing I’ve done in the past - mentioned by another poster - is using a foil head shaver (e,g. Braun). Just rest it against your nostril opening and any protruding hairs get clipped.

Luckily nostril hair is not a major problem for me, so I can take this rather casual approach.

Just wanted to share my experience with this.

I have a few trimmers, but nothing beats waxing IMO.