rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top 5 Happiest Cities in USA Are in Louisiana

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21..._hp_ref=tw

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/5-happiest-ci...n-1-state/

So I've written a thread before on how New Orleans is the best city to live in within the USA. While NOLA didn't make this particular "happy" list, I have to assume that the city is somewhat close to the top 5 nationally.

The study was conducted with help from researchers of Harvard & British Columbia Universities.

As someone who has lived in numerous US states including Louisiana for fifteen years, I can say that New Orleans a great place for a young, single male. It's arguably the most European-influenced state in the USA. People love life, music, great food, dancing, partying etc. Women are feminine. Most bars are open 24/7 in New Orleans, and there's a small entrepreneurial tech boom happening within the southern cities.

The only downside to Louisiana is high crime, hurricane season and extremely shitty roads. All of this can be dealt with pretty easily.

Anyway, this thread is just a reminder that if you want to stay happy in the USA, Louisiana isn't a bad choice.

I've heard so much hype about New Orleans(on and off-line) in the last couple years that I better be blown away when I finally visit.

Quote: (07-23-2014 02:38 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I've heard so much hype about New Orleans(on and off-line) in the last couple years that I better be blown away when I finally visit.

Going to any city with really high expectations isn't the best way to do things. There's the odd chance that you could hate New Orleans if you're a highly efficient type of person. Or you could be robbed if your wallet is in your back pocket on Bourbon Street. The city is really bureaucratic and lazy. It's the big easy...they say that anyone can make it there.

It's also essentially a third-world city. It's unlike anything you've ever witnessed in America. Taking alcoholic beverages to-go from restaurants? No problems there. Ending your night at a packed bar at 6AM? It happens. Seeing many people drinking and driving on the weekends? Louisiana's national past time.

If you're a single guy who likes to party into the early morning and talk with interesting people and hott women, you'll probably like it.

I'm not really an advocate for living in Louisiana if you're raising a family. But for visiting? Most will have the time of their life.

Having been born there and visiting family over the years, I can say it's great for visiting, but wouldn't want to live there.

Humidity sucks, laid back to the point people are content with being average and most parts of the city never really recovered from Katrina.

The women are friendly and fun though, bar hopping is a blast and you can't beat the food.

I'd definitely recommend visiting Speakeasy, but would be surprised if you'd want to live there.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:13 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Having been born there and visiting family over the years, I can say it's great for visiting, but wouldn't want to live there.

Humidity sucks, laid back to the point people are content with being average and most parts of the city never really recovered from Katrina.

The women are friendly and fun though, bar hopping is a blast and you can't beat the food.

I'd definitely recommend visiting Speakeasy, but would be surprised if you'd want to live there.

I feel the same way. I was born on the West Bank of New Orleans.

People are really content there. You can't have it all in one city I suppose. So they're extremely happy and fun people, but very content with having good conversation, some drinks, and a simple career, every single day.

I'll argue that a lot of the city actually has recovered from Katrina (that was about 9 years ago) because I visited recently and people seemed extremely happy as usual. I stayed in the Lakeview neighborhood.

People there are more upset about the influx of newcomers arriving in New Orleans "diluting" the culture (ignore this close-mindedness if you're visiting/moving there).

I like the entire Gulf coast but if I had to do it over I would've moved there over Florida. Probably Slidell area in one of those stilt houses on some bayou or another.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:25 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I like the entire Gulf coast but if I had to do it over I would've moved there over Florida. Probably Slidell area in one of those stilt houses on some bayou or another.

Slidell is really nice if you're more into being on the water rather than in the city.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:35 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

Slidell is really nice if you're more into being on the water rather than in the city.
I love it. When I had too much money about 8 years ago I almost bought a brand new house on the Pearl river. I can't remember why I didn't but regret it.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:38 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:35 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

I love it. When I had too much money about 8 years ago I almost bought a brand new house on the Pearl river. I can't remember why I didn't but regret it.

I doubt much has changed at all if you ever decide to move over there. You'll probably have pretty cool neighbors who will encourage you to drink way too much Abita beer and do a lot of fishing on Lake Pontchartrain. You'll probably be a little unproductive, but at least you'll be happy haha.

One problem (for buyers) is that the real estate market in southern Louisiana is at an all time high right now. I'm waiting for a crash within the next year or so before I think about buying property there.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:22 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:13 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

I feel the same way. I was born on the West Bank of New Orleans.

People are really content there. You can't have it all in one city I suppose. So they're extremely happy and fun people, but very content with having good conversation, some drinks, and a simple career, every single day.

I'll argue that a lot of the city actually has recovered from Katrina (that was about 9 years ago) because I visited recently and people seemed extremely happy as usual. I stayed in the Lakeview neighborhood.

People there are more upset about the influx of newcomers arriving in New Orleans "diluting" the culture (ignore this close-mindedness if you're visiting/moving there).

Yea, that's about right. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with that lifestyle, I just need a bit more energy. Even SoCal is too laid back for me most of the time.

That's where the majority of one side of my family lives, is in Slidell. One thing I miss is crawfish boil feasts. You haven't eaten until you've had this stuff. Unreal.

[Image: YxCt1Sc.gif]

And Nutria hunting in the sewers. God I love that place. I tried to get down to the lake Metairie side to eat a few months ago but it was closed off. Did all those water houses get knocked out?

McQueen is from Louisiana?!

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Just spent 5 days in NOLA. Got laid 4/5 nights.

It's an incredible city...something really special that every man should see before it goes underwater.

The vibe was amazing: constant music, booze, parties, dancing, fun.

Really is something that the United States can be proud of. There is no other city like it.

And yeah, those crawfish are not only delicious, but really fun to eat. Go!

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:50 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

That's where the majority of one side of my family lives, is in Slidell.

I got people in Slidell off of I10. Great food down there and cool people. Definitely been blown away several times in New Orleans. Unfortunately, haven't been back since 2001, but that might change real soon.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:53 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

And Nutria hunting in the sewers. God I love that place. I tried to get down to the lake Metairie side to eat a few months ago but it was closed off. Did all those water houses get knocked out?

Lol nutrias are little fuckers. Haven't hunted them personally but seems like fun.

I'm not sure about the houses on the water being knocked out, but that area could've been closed off for filming. Random parts of the city are usually blocked off because it's the "Hollywood of the south" now.

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:59 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:53 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Lol nutrias are little fuckers. Haven't hunted them personally but seems like fun.

I'm not sure about the houses on the water being knocked out, but that area could've been closed off for filming. Random parts of the city are usually blocked off because it's the "Hollywood of the south" now.
Huh. I was in some "weird" hood full of colorful shotgun houses in NO that was more third world than Santo Domingo. I was a little buzzed and don't remember the name of it but would love to post some pictures here. Also I went down to Venice and hung out in the swamps during the holidays. Next time I'll be towing my boat with me to check out some of those islands and jump surfing waves coming of the freighters-cruise ships throttling up out of the river.

My whole family is from there. I often dream of buying some land and building a big house with a small lake behind it when I retire. The humidity is less than Houston or Guangzhou so no big deal there. I love it there. Good hunting, fishing, air, food, and best of all quiet.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Nutria hunting...freighter wave surfing? Now thats a good time.

Do any of you guys remember that extreme weird dude from there that used to post here? He said stuff like the bouncers were warning the girls about him and shit?

CMQ from Louisiana ya hurrrd me!

Quote: (07-23-2014 03:54 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

Just spent 5 days in NOLA. Got laid 4/5 nights.

Would love to see you drop some details on your logistics, where you gamed, etc.

First night: Bange in less than 30 mins, read this: http://goldmundunleashed.com/first-night...real-pics/

Night 2: got sick from eating shitty fried food. Couldn't game.

Night 3: a girl who I met during daygame in Jackson Square, there is a pic of her in the daygame section of my website. She gave me a handjob while I fingered her at a jazz club "the Spotted Cat" on Frenchman Street. Counting it as a bang.

Night 4: made out with 2 party goers, banged airbnb host.

Night 5: made out with a girl in The Maison on Frenchman (great place, as is the Blue Nile right next door, banged airbnb host.

I was staying just north of Frenchman street in the Marigny neighborhood. I would highly recommend Frenchman for night time. Much better than the shitshow that is bourbon street.

If you like oysters...Felix's by the end of bourbon has huge ones for a dollar. I had 30 of them and had energy to party all night long.

REASONS TO DISCOUNT THIS STUDY:

First, "happiness" is subjective. While it is an interesting and possibly (and especially personally) important fact, it is a "soft" fact.

Second, such facts become harder by being repeated over time - especially over rears and decades. Otherwise it remains a very soft fact.

Other than "bragging rights" and gossip, what's the point of this?

I looked at the study and found it interesting to see how much it often reflects that fact that so-called "red" states are more conservatives, and conservatives are significantly happier than liberals. And this is a hard fact.

And contrary-wise, "blue" states are liberal and more unhappy. This is also a hard fact, seen over decades.

The outliers surprised me, those that defy left-right norms. Why is conservative ("red") Nebraska so unhappy? And Left-leaning Oregon so happy?

Must be something in the water.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I lived in Baton Rouge for about 3 years, compared to where I am now being someplace where it's always warm is worth putting up with the humidity IMO. The only perfect weather place is California but that place is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I haven't visited Louisiana since before Katrina but I do remember the people as being very friendly and easy to talk to.

It's also one of the few parts of the US with a relatively intact unique regional culture that goes back a few hundred years, and you can see that in the food.

I've heard some bad things about it too... High levels of political corruption and pollution/cancer rates in some areas due to actions of the petroleum/chemical industry.

If only you knew how bad things really are.