rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

getting pants to match suit jackets

I have 2 suits that I have had for more than 15 years, that I've outgrown the pants for (and one pair is worn out anyway). The jackets are still pretty nice--one in particular I never had shirts and ties to go with so I wore it very little.

Is there a good way to go about getting pants to match without spending too much? I brought the jackets into a shop the other day and they said "these aren't ours, we can't match them."

(No diet advice please, I'm in decent shape, just filled out some from the skinny 20-something I was.)

Countdown to Pants in 3..2..1..

Countdown to Suits in 4..3..2..1..

How about getting a new full suit?

Take the jackets to a tailor and get the pants made.

Or, get some charcoal pants and use the jackets with them.

Buy new suits, but keep the jackets around for high/low looks; the pants won't need to match.

[Image: q2BnCKW.jpg]

^

What he said. I might be wrong, but it seems to me even if you could find the exact fabric your suit jackets are made from and had new pants made, it still wouldn't look right because your jackets have aged with wear and cleaning. Pants that are close, but not quite the same would look worse than just wearing jeans, IMO; it would look like you pieced your outfit together at the thrift shop.

Just send one of your jackets off as a template for a custom suit overseas. It's easy to take your own measurements for the pants, have them left unhemmed and get a tailor to fine tune the fit in the states.

Buy a new suit you cheap bastard [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

I think you'll be surprised by how nice you will feel in a new suit. Gets me every time.

Even if you find the same material, your jackets will have the wear of 15 years, and your slacks will not. They might not look great together.

The advice here is good.

Keep the jackets to use with complimentary but non-matching pants for a more casual look (assuming that the material isn't pin-stripped).

Get two new suits. Try Indochino or send your measurements to me and I'll have my tailor do each for $120 USD + shipping.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Buy new suits. Buy each with two pairs of trousers. Rotate the trousers. This is the only way to get the fabric exactly the same, from the same batch, and to have everything match after a couple of years of wear and cleaning. This is one of the hidden benefits of getting custom suits -- buying an exactly matching second pair of trousers doubles the life and, so, halves the effective cost of the custom work.

My life is an open bar...