rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Texting vs Talking

Texting vs Talking

Which form of communication do you prefer?

For some reason, I strongly prefer talking. I find it much more convenient and time efficient, rather than a time-consuming and impersonal texting session. It's easier and quicker to say what needs to be said.

Yet I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority in America. Almost everybody texts like mad, while talking minimally.

Texting vs Talking

Depends on situation and context.

Texting

pros:

good for making arrangements/logistics
some girls find it easier to talk about sex the first time with a guy via text
for some, easier to maintain frame.

cons:
easier for girls to flake via this medium
easier for them to lie

Talking(phone or face-to-face)

pros:
easier to read and gauge emotions and IOIs
sub-communication via semantics and tonality etc.

cons:
some girls are shy
not popular(Patricias etc.)
Probably more but can't think of any right now.

Texting vs Talking

I use text to create a bit of comfort and set up logistics, that's it. I use snap for pics.

I hate texting. I get a number I'll text a few messages, then call and introduce myself, yeah some girls are surprised, but they warm up to it fast and you leave a lasting impression (my biggest reason).

Texting vs Talking

Texting is optimal for when you're starting with her.

Talking is good every now and then if you decide to go for a relationship. Talking seems to imply more investment. This is why when a girl is mad at you or is feeling your dread, she'll resort to calling you multiple times on the phone.

Either way, I always text. It has always given me better results than talking over the phone. Some girls like cold communication, if that even makes sense to some of you guys.

"If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more daring."- Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

Texting vs Talking

I definitely prefer talking more than texting.

I text only for logistics and brief conversation. Anything more than 2 paragraphs on the phone and it's time to talk. I don't like having a full blown conversation over the screen and I'm trying to mind read.

Texting vs Talking

I prefer calling. In today's society, communication by phone is all but lost. Therefore, we have no choice but to text. I've called girls who wouldn't answer me just to text me seconds later saying they prefer texting—to them, calling someone is a task that requires strenuous effort.

There's nothing wrong with texting, though. I've noticed that girls who are shy and reserved prefer texting while the outgoing socialite will prefer communication by phone or even both. Just have to calibrate your method for different girls.

Texting vs Talking

I just hit on this one:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37618.html

Texting vs Talking

For me its definitely talking. Talking is way more personal then texting and you can get a feel for the person when doing so.

Texting can be convenient at times, but the negative thing about it is that simple texts can be misconstrued as something else because you cant tell the tone of a person through text messages, while when talking, nothing can be taken as something else because its a live conversation.